• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bohanon Vs. Noland

Started by WTD, December 07, 2017, 09:51:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WTD

Quote from: bleudog on December 22, 2017, 08:00:34 pm
John Stephen Jones' Highland Park team is playing in the 5A Division I state title game on Fox College Sports Channel.

HP is down 21 - 7 with about 6 minutes left in the second quarter.  HP scored on a trick play.  JSJ has been sacked probably half a dozen times.

Good game so far! Half of Manvel has someone going D1.

bleudog

December 22, 2017, 10:16:41 pm #51 Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 10:18:23 pm by bleudog
Quote from: WTD on December 22, 2017, 09:30:08 pm
Good game so far! Half of Manvel has someone going D1.

Has ended up being a helluva game.  Arkansas should go after #88.

bleudog

HP pulls it out 53-49.  JSJ throws for over 500 yards and is offensive MVP.

Wonderdog

Thanks for mentioning the game. I ended up watching the second half, great game.

bleudog

Quote from: Wonderdog on December 23, 2017, 04:58:52 am
Thanks for mentioning the game. I ended up watching the second half, great game.

Replay started at 8:00 this morning on Fox Sports Net.

Pit Bull

WMWRECKINGCREW

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 22, 2018, 12:15:35 pm
Kid represented himself well.
Himself and his Community.....All us need to push the positive of people more

Mr_Deb

Bohanon should've played in Norvell's spread and Noland should've took the MLB money. There you have it.

beach bum

Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 23, 2018, 04:29:40 pm
Bohanon should've played in Norvell's spread and Noland should've took the MLB money. There you have it.

This comment is spot on....

Mr_Deb

hogsanddogs

Not really! Noland should be a Razorback. Kids going to MLB to spend time in the minor leagues at 18. When they can go to college and grow and mature. Why would the kid pass up college to play minor league baseball? He can play baseball in a few years, after college. Good luck to both young men. Everyone has a different path and needs to follow their own.

Mr_Deb

Why would a kid pass up college to play in the minors? Well, have you heard about some of the signing bonuses these 1st rounders are getting out of high school?? Jo Adell selected at the 10th pick last year had a signing bonus upwards of four million dollars, not bad money for a young guy out of high school getting to develop in the minors.

Although you're absolutely correct everyone has a different path to take. He could be like Kyler Murray and wait but personally if I had mid range first round potential as a baseball player I'm hanging up the football cleats for good. Again, that aint a knock on Noland at all because I understand everything about it being a childhood dream to play quarterback for the Hogs, but again me personally I find pro baseball a much more attractive proposition than college football or even the potential shot at pro football.

Good luck to both!

Butch_Cassidy

You sometimes got to ask the question whats the purpose of going to college(I always though it was to get a degree so that you can get a good job and make money)... Why would a kid turn down making millions over a few years to end up with a 9 to 5 making 60,000 a year vs the millions
Quote from: hogsanddogs on August 31, 2018, 10:41:29 pm
Not really! Noland should be a Razorback. Kids going to MLB to spend time in the minor leagues at 18. When they can go to college and grow and mature. Why would the kid pass up college to play minor league baseball? He can play baseball in a few years, after college. Good luck to both young men. Everyone has a different path and needs to follow their own.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas