• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP(FRIDAY 7:00) Greenwood vs Pine Bluff

Started by Brian G, November 24, 2017, 09:22:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think wins and who do you want to win?

Think Greenwood / Want GW
44 (43.1%)
GW/PB
18 (17.6%)
PB/PB
33 (32.4%)
PB/GW
7 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: December 01, 2017, 10:43:19 pm

Brian G

more info to come

RD™

bulldogger15

Quote from: RD™ on November 24, 2017, 09:24:55 pm
Pine Bluff it just went Final
No, it's about to be final starting next Friday at 7 pm.

Get ready striped zebras. Your die is cast. Greenwood Bulldogs by at least two TD's. GUARANTEED.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

Almahasbeen

after what I see last night... Greenwood has literally gone off the rails of the crazy train... again... Greenwood 42-21

Pr8hd

I guess based on the way the bracket looks PB will be the home team and GW will be the visitors.

High Voltage

Greenwood finally played a complete game last night. I hope they play that way against Pine Bluff. Bolding will have PB ready.

GW - 28
PB - 24

Bulldogfan44

One more bump in the road in our drive to the Championship. Pine Bluff won't know what hit them

RD™

If history has taught us one thing. This game comes down to most execution and probably last few plays.

No blowout here.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 25, 2017, 09:07:44 am
One more bump in the road in our drive to the Championship. Pine Bluff won't know what hit them
+ 1

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

Ya da ya da ya da...blah blah blah....y'all do realize you are playing Pine Bluff, correct?!

RD is right.....it won't be a blow out.

The Future

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 25, 2017, 10:32:47 am
Ya da ya da ya da...blah blah blah....y'all do realize you are playing Pine Bluff, correct?!

RD is right.....it won't be a blow out.

Exactly

Both teams have great players coaches tradition fans everything. They will both be ready.

The last 4 meetings have had a combined victory margin of only 18 points. That's like what 4 point something points a game? I don't see any reason why the margin for this game will be any higher than 14. It'll be a battle the whole game.
It could be a high scoring affair like in 2012 or all defense like 2015. Who knows.

I'm confident in our defense though.
I'm picking out of nowhere Greenwood 31 Pine Bluff 21

rona

PB talented, but very young in key positions.  They will be very competitive in 18 and 19, but not so much this year. Gwd. By 3 TDs. Too much Dominating Defense!

bulldogger15

Quote from: rona on November 25, 2017, 11:08:13 am
PB talented, but very young in key positions.  They will be very competitive in 18 and 19, but not so much this year. Gwd. By 3 TDs. Too much Dominating Defense!
+1

At least 3 TD's.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

zebradynasty

Quote from: rona on November 25, 2017, 11:08:13 am

That's not exactly true the position we are young at is QB he is a sophomore. However, he might end up being more talented than any QB we've had since Bolding got here! Last season was our "rebuilding year" replacing 17 or so starters from back to back championships. Our defense is full of veterans that faced GW last year. Not sure how an 11-1 team is not competitive?

rona

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 25, 2017, 12:34:35 pm
That's not exactly true the position we are young at is QB he is a sophomore. However, he might end up being more talented than any QB we've had since Bolding got here! Last season was our "rebuilding year" replacing 17 or so starters from back to back championships. Our defense is full of veterans that faced GW last year. Not sure how an 11-1 team is not competitive?

PB always competitive withCoach Bolding. Reference is they will be very Competitive for at least the next two years. The Young QB will have very difficult time with Gwd. Defense. Only Hope for PB is to put consistent pressure on Gwd Qb and I have doubts they can do that. No disrespect, but this is one of best Teams Greenwood ever and I would step out and say the best Defense in a long long time.

zebradynasty

Quote from: rona on November 25, 2017, 01:03:34 pm
PB always competitive withCoach Bolding. Reference is they will be very Competitive for at least the next two years. The Young QB will have very difficult time with Gwd. Defense. Only Hope for PB is to put consistent pressure on Gwd Qb and I have doubts they can do that. No disrespect, but this is one of best Teams Greenwood ever and I would step out and say the best Defense in a long long time.

Well, PB isn't putting the game in the hands of a 15 year old. However, PB receivers will get open just like they did last year against GW. PB has a good DL and they can put pressure but our DBs and LBs are pretty good best back seven we've had.  Two questions...not trying to be smart arse. How many good offensive teams has GW faced this year? How many teams has GW played that runs similar scheme as PB?

urban legend2

Greenwood will move the ball and so will PB, that's a given. The key, I think, will be who can stop the run consistently. Neither team is one dimensional.

zebradynasty

PB's keys to victory are the same as they always are. Establish the run and get stops on defense.

urban legend2

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 25, 2017, 02:12:27 pm
PB's keys to victory are the same as they always are. Establish the run and get stops on defense.
Yep!

rona

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 25, 2017, 01:42:09 pm
Well, PB isn't putting the game in the hands of a 15 year old. However, PB receivers will get open just like they did last year against GW. PB has a good DL and they can put pressure but our DBs and LBs are pretty good best back seven we've had.  Two questions...not trying to be smart arse. How many good offensive teams has GW faced this year? How many teams has GW played that runs similar scheme as PB?

Two Great questions. Answer to #1 is very few if any, but the primary reason was due to the Greenwood Defense. #2 None, but both Teams have a Week to scheme and then execute under the lights. Going to be interesting - looking forward to the Game!0

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 25, 2017, 02:12:27 pm
Lololololololololololololololololololol

Pine Bluff establish the run against Womack, Webb, Hanna and the Greenwood defense? Delusional.... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

Pine Bluff is going to get smashed. Wait and see what happens to the striped donkeys next week.

Pine Bluff WILL NOT be able to stop Noland, Wood, Holt and company either. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

pinebluffzebra09

Quote from: bulldogger15 on November 25, 2017, 03:18:59 pm

Pine Bluff establish the run against Womack, Webb, Hanna and the Greenwood defense? Delusional.... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

Pine Bluff is going to get smashed. Wait and see what happens to the striped donkeys next week.

Pine Bluff WILL NOT be able to stop Noland, Wood, Holt and company either. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

And here we go with the Greenwood is unstoppable talk as always like they are the next best team around behind Alabama lol. They are a great team, but please don't get it twisted, we are a great team also. Not going to be easy anywhere in this game for either side. But I will tell you this; I would put this defense up with the Defense we had when we beat you guys in the 2105 championship game. That is because of the LBs which are Singleton, Thompson, and Thomas. Without a doubt the best LB group in the state. Just watch the pain that will be brought by the 3.

The Future

Quote from: pinebluffzebra09 on November 25, 2017, 04:00:06 pm
And here we go with the Greenwood is unstoppable talk as always like they are the next best team around behind Alabama lol. They are a great team, but please don't get it twisted, we are a great team also. Not going to be easy anywhere in this game for either side. But I will tell you this; I would put this defense up with the Defense we had when we beat you guys in the 2105 championship game. That is because of the LBs which are Singleton, Thompson, and Thomas. Without a doubt the best LB group in the state. Just watch the pain that will be brought by the 3.

Ok
1. Next best team behind Alabama??? Man we eat crimson tides for brunch!!
2. I wasn't alive in 2105 so you'll have to explain to me how good that defense was

zebrafan

Going a be a great game, always love playing the best..will have to get the offense going against this tough defense.

zebrafan

Quote from: bulldogger15 on November 25, 2017, 03:18:59 pm

GO BULLDOGS!!!
Ease the "wood" we can see it thru your pants...it must be the Dew.

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: zebrafan on November 25, 2017, 04:50:06 pm
Ease the "wood" we can see it thru your pants...it must be the Dew.
Last night should have been a lesson to just how Weak your side of the conference really is..

zebrafan

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 25, 2017, 05:17:27 pm
Last night should have been a lesson to just how Weak your side of the conference really is..
Explain.

pinebluffzebra09

Quote from: The Future on November 25, 2017, 04:22:38 pm
Ok
1. Next best team behind Alabama??? Man we eat crimson tides for brunch!!
2. I wasn't alive in 2105 so you'll have to explain to me how good that defense was

wasn't alive??? what happened?? lol but to answer your question in every statistical category defensively we led the state or top 2. Not to mention on that defense alone 5 went on to sign college football scholarships and 7 all state players.

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: zebrafan on November 25, 2017, 05:22:58 pm
Explain.
If you can't look at that game an figure it out on your own there is no hope for you. Just wait till Friday. Maybe that will open yours eyes, when we beat the breaks off of yall.

zebradynasty

Quote from: rona on November 25, 2017, 03:15:15 pm
Two Great questions. Answer to #1 is very few if any, but the primary reason was due to the Greenwood Defense. #2 None, but both Teams have a Week to scheme and then execute under the lights. Going to be interesting - looking forward to the Game!0

Thanks but you might consider that poor offense sometimes can make a defense look good. Not saying GW won't or can't get prepared for what we run on offense might take some time to get use to seeing something they've not seen all year.

mlrfo4

Hmmmm how many teams from the Greenwood side made the final four? Clueless

zebradynasty

How...when the east had 3 teams that won at least 10 games? Our #3 seed beats the West #2 seed at home by 17pts. 3 of the 4 semi-finalists were from the east ???

The Future

The three seed from the East beat the West's two seed.
Both the West and East top seeds stomped the Easts two seed.
So it's not so much one conference is head and shoulders better than the other.
Greenwood and Pine Bluff are just that much better while the other 14 teams are all very competitive. Well minus Sheridan Siloam Mountain Home and LR Hall. So I guess the remaining 10 are all closely competitive.

I guess after next Friday we will be able to have a good idea which conference is the best.

sportsguy80

I'm anxious to see both defenses in this game. Someone earlier thought it was kinda out of place to say PB had one of the best defenses coming into the season. I'll go out on a limb and say both are top 2 defenses in the state regardless of classification. The turnover battle may decide this one.

zebradynasty

Quote from: The Future on November 25, 2017, 06:17:25 pm
The three seed from the East beat the West's two seed.
Both the West and East top seeds stomped the Easts two seed.
So it's not so much one conference is head and shoulders better than the other.
Greenwood and Pine Bluff are just that much better while the other 14 teams are all very competitive. Well minus Sheridan Siloam Mountain Home and LR Hall. So I guess the remaining 10 are all closely competitive.

I guess after next Friday we will be able to have a good idea which conference is the best.

I can agree with that. I was just commenting on this lesson we should have learned last Friday. ::)

zebrafan

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 25, 2017, 05:49:32 pm
If you can't look at that game an figure it out on your own there is no hope for you. Just wait till Friday. Maybe that will open yours eyes, when we beat the breaks off of yall.
Smh what a child. Did I say the East was dominate? Did I say PB is number 1 in the state? Did I say Greenwood is not as good as PB? NOPE I respect Greenwood and all there fans on here except you and that other one. So don't come at me like that...let's have a real convo about this title game...not this high school crap talking.

Pr8hd

This will be a competitive game, always is. This is actually the rubber match as well...series is 2-2 with both getting a title game and a semi from the other.No reason to think it won't be close like the others. Keep in mind PB beat WM in a dominate fashion as well. Both teams handled their business well on Friday and figures to be a good one like the other games.

Little FYI...GW is undefeated in title games as the "visiting" team in championship appearances under Jones - beating Batesville (2011), Camden Fairview (2010), and LRC (2007).  On the home side, they are 3-3. All those games were played on Saturday, I believe. This is the first time under CRJ we will play on the Friday night game, if I am not mistaken. 

Pr8hd

Quote from: rona on November 25, 2017, 03:15:15 pm

I don't think either of us played any offensive juggernauts really. After all...PB had Hall, MH,  Jacksonville and Cabot (who is offensively challenged this year and lost). Searcy would perhaps be the one standout. Siloam was really the most anemic GW played with Alma, being the most prolific (esp. in the second half of their games) based upon points allowed. ED never got on track against GW, but they had the look of a team that could generate some offense. Neither team played anyone that likes of a PA.   

I would answer the same as Rona- if they had a decent offense, GW defense took them out out of sync and because they (GW)  were efficient on offense and scored on many of their initial possessions it would sometimes take the opposition out of things they did best to play catch-up.  SS actually had spots of being prolific as did NS as the season went on, but neither had success against GW plus defensively they were not real good.  Our common opponents, show us both with wins over NS, Russ and WM. Your NS win was closer than I would have expected though esp. early in the season for them. 

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 25, 2017, 05:49:32 pm
+1

GO BULLDOGS!!!

WeRFootball

You may see a lot of arrogance being put out by a few of our fans but I can say for sure. The Bulldogs will be ready for what ever PB has to offer. Neither team got this far without great skill.  The two teams that are playing are both legit. But I will say that WM did not respect us and thought us to be overrated. It's going to be a great game but I will be surprised if PB can get past this group of young men.

catfish1

T-Bone

Quote from: catfish1 on November 26, 2017, 08:31:35 am
Pine Bluff has a good Band . That's all

They do have a good band but they also have a loud cow bell.  Wonder if the cow bell will be allowed in WM stadium?  I think this will be a good close game.  Best part is they are meeting in a neutral place.  Good luck to both teams.  Hope it is a very close good game with no injuries.

redsport27

I can see some of the GW fans are already celebrating the win they think will be easily handed to them. I will say this, PB is young but they are extremely talented. I had my doubts against teams like Jonesboro, West Memphis, and Marion but they took care of business. I can only say the two sides should have respect for each other. They compete against each other year after year. And guess what? It's in the deep end of post season. These two teams represent a good rivalry in 6a. I just don't see how some fans could bash PB, who has a rich history in football. I respect both programs and as usual, it will go down to the wire.

Topdog1

No I don't ever post, but like to read.  You are correct, a few ignorants fans think we have every game in the bag.  Most know a game against Pine Bluff is never in the bag.   I can promise that most in Greenwood truly respect Pine Bluff.  What person in their right mind wouldn't?  I can guarantee the coaches and team do.  I've been reading post on this site for years and only recently decided to sign in.  This season I've read some of the most ignorant posts ever.  I just hope our boys don't come here to look at the childish behavior some exhibit.  With that being said, look forward to another great battle.  Hope both teams play injury free ball.   Have a safe trip to the Rock Zebras.   Can't wait for Friday night!

rona

Quote from: Topdog1 on November 26, 2017, 01:21:16 pm
No I don't ever post, but like to read.  You are correct, a few ignorants fans think we have every game in the bag.  Most know a game against Pine Bluff is never in the bag.   I can promise that most in Greenwood truly respect Pine Bluff.  What person in their right mind wouldn't?  I can guarantee the coaches and team do.  I've been reading post on this site for years and only recently decided to sign in.  This season I've read some of the most ignorant posts ever.  I just hope our boys don't come here to look at the childish behavior some exhibit.  With that being said, look forward to another great battle.  Hope both teams play injury free ball.   Have a safe trip to the Rock Zebras.   Can't wait for Friday night!

Appreciate Your Post very Much!!!

Pr8hd

+1

T-Bone

If either team goes into this game thinking they will run away with it they will lose.  Both can play.

bulldogger15

You should keep reading. Ignorance is bliss. Yes, Topdog1, you set the bar for all Greenwood posters. Thanks for looking out for the other lowly ignorant Greenwood fans who are not on your level. Deplorable, right?

Get real....

Pine Bluff will find out how good they aren't this coming Friday. GUARANTEED!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

redsport27

November 26, 2017, 05:49:52 pm #49 Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 06:33:38 pm by redsport27
Quote from: bulldogger15 on November 26, 2017, 04:27:09 pm

You should keep reading. Ignorance is bliss. Yes, Topdog1, you set the bar for all Greenwood posters. Thanks for looking out for the other lowly ignorant Greenwood fans who are not on your level. Deplorable, right?

Get real....

Pine Bluff will find out how good they aren't this coming Friday. GUARANTEED!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!
How about we just let GW and PB do the talking on the field. If GW wins...congrats. If PB wins...congrats. It won't matter who got the last word on this thread in the end. Just saying...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas