• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5a West

Started by MDXPHD, November 17, 2017, 09:43:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

November 17, 2017, 09:43:57 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:59:48 pm by MDXPHD

j-mann raider 02

greenbrier  is a Great  football  team     

chaingang

November 18, 2017, 12:03:41 am #3 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 12:12:50 am by chaingang
The West sticks together....... all 4 Win or all 4 loose.......but next year Motown goes to the Rock. The Best team Wynne has seen all year.

PA Dad

Quote from: chaingang on November 18, 2017, 12:03:41 am
The West sticks together....... all 4 Win or all 4 loose.......but next year Motown goes to the Rock. The Best team has seen all year.

It's a little early to make that prediction but I think that's possible.  I don't think Criswell is the entire Morrilton team, but he is dang good.  If he has a good supporting cast next year Morrilton may well make it to WMS.

chaingang

Quote from: PA Dad on November 18, 2017, 12:08:07 am
It's a little early to make that prediction but I think that's possible.  I don't think Criswell is the entire Morrilton team, but he is dang good.  If he has a good supporting cast next year Morrilton may well make it to WMS.
Dad....they will be there next year and they win it all in 2 years .......make that bet and bet the bank and everybody in Wynne probably is thinking the same thing. And it ain't to early either .

MDXPHD

Quote from: chaingang on November 18, 2017, 12:18:02 am
Dad....they will be there next year and they win it all in 2 years .......make that bet and bet the bank and everybody in Wynne probably is thinking the same thing. And it ain't to early either .

I believe they'll be the best public school in 5A. But until somebody knocks PA off, they're going to be the favorites. They'll reload and year after next they'll probably have a 2 year starter at qb. Morrilton may win next year when PA is replacing Hatcher.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2017, 12:21:38 am
I believe they'll be the best public school in 5A. But until somebody knocks PA off, they're going to be the favorites. They'll reload and year after next they'll probably have a 2 year starter at qb. Morrilton may win next year when PA is replacing Hatcher.

PA should just move up to 6A!

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 18, 2017, 12:31:21 am

Na, that's a punishment! Move them down to 4A!

South 45

Quote from: PA Dad on November 18, 2017, 12:08:07 am
Our 9th graders won their conference outright this year. Plenty more good football to come.

South 45

Had that very conversation with some folks at Wynne tonight after the game.

Intelligentsia

It's fun to speculate,  but it's a bit early to make too much noise.   Parents move out with their talented kids, coaches change, kid lose interest and just quit (The Pioneers had two certain starters who decided not to play this for some reason - not sure why), and the dreaded career altering or ending injury.  On the other hand, talented kids move in to the district, some develop talent no one knew was there, a small group of lineman dedicate themselves to the weight room and put on 20 lbs of muscle and 20 lbs of fat boy stuff with the potential of dominating performances.  Lots can happen to change in 9 months at the high school level.  I believe the Pioneers will make it to WMS next year, just like I do every year.  That said, I'm not going to make a foolish wager on that hope.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: chaingang on November 18, 2017, 12:18:02 am
Much to early. A lot of things can transpire in 2 years.

Youngsta71701

November 18, 2017, 08:53:07 am #13 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:54:53 am by Youngsta71701
7A, and I'm being serious. They need some competition.

PercussionMan

November 18, 2017, 09:58:26 pm #14 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:00:40 pm by PercussionMan
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 17, 2017, 09:43:57 pm

Funny....but that's something you should really only post if the West would have gotten blown out. 3 of the 4 West teams were maybe 1-2 plays away from being into the semis....all one possession games except for Harrison. Also, the #2 and #4 seeds led much of the way in their respective games against the East #1 and #3. So, it sounds like the West is not too shabby afterall.

Overdahill

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 18, 2017, 07:30:43 am
It's fun to speculate,  but it's a bit early to make too much noise.   Parents move out with their talented kids, coaches change, kid lose interest and just quit (The Pioneers had two certain starters who decided not to play this for some reason - not sure why), and the dreaded career altering or ending injury.  On the other hand, talented kids move in to the district, some develop talent no one knew was there, a small group of lineman dedicate themselves to the weight room and put on 20 lbs of muscle and 20 lbs of fat boy stuff with the potential of dominating performances.  Lots can happen to change in 9 months at the high school level.  I believe the Pioneers will make it to WMS next year, just like I do every year.  That said, I'm not going to make a foolish wager on that hope.

Overdahill

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 18, 2017, 08:51:45 am

IDK, some like the "Ghost" from your conference prefer to get their world dominance projections in early  ;D

MDXPHD

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 18, 2017, 09:58:26 pm
Funny....but that's something you should really only post if the West would have gotten blown out. 3 of the 4 West teams were maybe 1-2 plays away from being into the semis....all one possession games except for Harrison. Also, the #2 and #4 seeds led much of the way in their respective games against the East #1 and #3. So, it sounds like the West is not too shabby afterall.

Na, I posted it because they went 0-4 the first time they played any competition in 5A. Unfortunately, moral victories don't prove anything. A loss is a loss. I expect morrilton to change that next year though. I wish the West would make some real noise in the playoffs-- it would make the whole classification better and more entertaining

the voice

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 18, 2017, 08:51:45 am

WC have a good QB , but the difference between him and Criswell was on display and easily seen. Understandable if you've not witnessed it first hand. Wynne fans saw it and even they admit it. Yes lots can transpire but he's a special player.

chaingang

Quote from: the voice on November 19, 2017, 09:58:39 am
WC have a good QB , but the difference between him and Criswell was on display and easily seen. Understandable if you've not witnessed it first hand. Wynne fans saw it and even they admit it. Yes lots can transpire but he's a special player.
Plus they are a very, very , young team.....and i stand by my statement , and Wynne may get beat this week or next week , but anyone that has watched Motown or knows anything about football will tell you they are the best team Wynne played all year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: chaingang on November 19, 2017, 10:18:56 am
Plus they are a very, very , young team.....and i stand by my statement , and Wynne may get beat this week or next week , but anyone that has watched Motown or knows anything about football will tell you they are the best team Wynne played all year.

Maybe. But Batesville put it on y'all. Just saying

JacketDad

Does anyone ever remember a conference going 4-0 in the first round and 0-4 in the second?  I would think that would be a rare feat.

chaingang

Quote from: JacketDad on November 19, 2017, 10:45:49 am
Does anyone ever remember a conference going 4-0 in the first round and 0-4 in the second?  I would think that would be a rare feat.
......and when have you seen 4 Co-Champs in one Conference 

chaingang

November 19, 2017, 10:56:22 am #23 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:38:20 am by chaingang
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2017, 10:44:23 am
Maybe. But Batesville put it on y'all. Just saying
Yeah , but i was talking about all the Teams that were in the playoffs the last week .

PercussionMan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2017, 07:22:27 am
Na, I posted it because they went 0-4 the first time they played any competition in 5A. Unfortunately, moral victories don't prove anything. A loss is a loss. I expect morrilton to change that next year though. I wish the West would make some real noise in the playoffs-- it would make the whole classification better and more entertaining

Those four "average" West teams made it further than your mighty Batesville team from the East.  Just sayin'!!

MDXPHD

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 19, 2017, 12:13:54 pm
Those four "average" West teams made it further than your mighty Batesville team from the East.  Just sayin'!!

They played the south. The team that beat Batesville hung 60 on your one seed and are still in the playoffs. If the west had been matched with the central first round they would've gone 0-4.

PercussionMan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2017, 12:49:19 pm
They played the south. The team that beat Batesville hung 60 on your one seed and are still in the playoffs. If the west had been matched with the central first round they would've gone 0-4.

Would have, could have, should have....whatever man.  It is all about weekly matchups....3 West teams were one possession losses and "could have" won Friday night, had one or two more things gone their ways, but they didn't.  Last I checked, Batesville has a horrible record against West teams in the last 10-15 years, so get over yourself and your East love.  Nettleton is the one exception this year to give the East more than two teams that are even relevant.

MDXPHD

November 19, 2017, 01:07:56 pm #27 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:16:13 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: PercussionMan on November 19, 2017, 12:56:49 pm
Would have, could have, should have....whatever man.  It is all about weekly matchups....3 West teams were one possession losses and "could have" won Friday night, had one or two more things gone their ways, but they didn't.  Last I checked, Batesville has a horrible record against West teams in the last 10-15 years, so get over yourself and your East love.  Nettleton is the one exception this year to give the East more than two teams that are even relevant.

Y'all are still riding the Hawkins train and thinking y'all are a top team in the 5A. Reality isn't fun, but the west just wasn't good this year. Or last year. Or many years this past decade. But hey, you guys have a bright future. Let's see if y'all can actually do something with all the talent y'all have instead of wasting it

And since you brought it up, I'm not sure Batesville has a bad record against the current west teams. They might, but I don't remember a lot of losses. I just remember a lot of wins against Greenbrier.

the voice

Nobody is riding the Hawkins train it was a reference. As for use of the talent our coaches have done very well and we are glad to have them. The Hawkins train sent y'all home losing three in a row. As for a top team in the state , this year yeah I'd call them a top team for sure. Didn't start off that way but we all know it's how you finish.

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on November 19, 2017, 01:17:42 pm
Nobody is riding the Hawkins train it was a reference. As for use of the talent our coaches have done very well and we are glad to have them. The Hawkins train sent y'all home losing three in a row. As for a top team in the state , this year yeah I'd call them a top team for sure. Didn't start off that way but we all know it's how you finish.

And getting a win against the south makes you a top team.

What is Batesvilles record vs the west the past 10 years since you guys seem to know? And how many in the loss column is to greenwood?

MDXPHD

You west fans are far too easy. Y'all stay bitter because y'all are irrelevant. Alma was like WC thinking they'd dominate when the dropped down and morrilton still thinks they're the state champs from the Hawkins days. 0-4 against any competition and that says something.

I'll stop casting my empty hook out now so y'all don't all get aneurysms trying to come up with random facts to make y'all feel better about being average. Good luck to the west in the off season. If y'all want, you can watch the east and central play this weekend.

the voice

I can't speak for everyone else in the West but morrilton has beaten batesville every time I remember. Wynne may have our number but we have batesvilles. And beating the south One seed on the road isn't all that made them a top team this year. It was the play on the field.

PercussionMan

And, you keep acting like since Greenwood isn't part of the 5A West any more that those years don't matter....well, they do, sunshine, and you lost....to the West.  You can enjoy the off season just like we can....only your team was out a week earlier.  So, keep riding those coattails of the only other relevant team from your conference.....ever.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 19, 2017, 05:18:46 pm
And, you keep acting like since Greenwood isn't part of the 5A West any more that those years don't matter....well, they do, sunshine, and you lost....to the West.  You can enjoy the off season just like we can....only your team was out a week earlier.  So, keep riding those coattails of the only other relevant team from your conference.....ever.

Greenwood is literally your only argument about Batesville against the west. Please just tally up the record the last 10 years since you brought it up. I'd at least like to see it since you said Batesville has a bad record against the west. Maybe they do, I'm not sure

MDXPHD

I think it's 8-5. With 3 losses to greenwood. So, keep telling yourself Batesville struggles against the west.

AT

Since 2007, Batesville results vs. West teams:

2007 - lost to Siloam Springs 15-40

2008 - lost to Greenwood - 24-27

2010 - beat Vilonia - 37-14

2010 - lost to Greenwood - 13-38

2011 - beat Greenbrier - 16-6

2011 - lost to Greenwood - 11-53

2012 - beat Greenbrier - 21-38

2013 - beat Greenbrier - 6-48

2013 - beat Alma - 28-31

2013 - lost to Morrilton - 24-27

2014 - beat Greenbrier - 41-18

2015 - beat Greenbrier - 40-14

2016 - beat Harrison - 35-14

Record: 8-5

MDXPHD

Thanks trackster. You know I'm just giving yall a hard time

AT

Since 2006, the inception of the 5A-6A-7A setup. Playoff records:

5A West - 51-42

5A East - 44-45

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 19, 2017, 06:34:06 pm
Since 2006, the inception of the 5A-6A-7A setup. Playoff records:

5A West - 51-42

5A East - 44-45

That's an awful long time back. Numbers are skewed. Let's do the last 5 years or so and see which way it's shifting.

AT

I didn't feel like typing out all those results as you can see how long that would have taken.

5A West is definitely helped by Greenwood state title runs (4-0, 4-0, 4-0, 4-0)

5A East is significantly helped by Batesville and Wynne.

The West had some good borrowed time with LRC and the Michael Dyer years which helps that record, but the East had two years with HWH and those were some of the best years for the HWH program including a state title appearance.

The West, even with a super top heavy Greenwood, has had more balance over the years. Never a solid top two at the same time like Batesville-Wynne (except 2013 with Morrilton-Alma)

Alma's down years and Wynne's down years don't help these records and the time frame.

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2017, 06:35:49 pm
That's an awful long time back. Numbers are skewed. Let's do the last 5 years or so and see which way it's shifting.

What you are trying to say is "Let's cherry pick Greenwood out" when you know turnabout is fair play and you could say "Let's cherry pick Batesville out."

But sure' let's look.

Since Greenwood left:

5A East: 27-22

5A West: 19-23

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 19, 2017, 06:48:22 pm
What you are trying to say is "Let's cherry pick Greenwood out" when you know turnabout is fair play and you could say "Let's cherry pick Batesville out."

But sure' let's look.

Since Greenwood left:

5A East: 27-22

5A West: 19-23

No, there has just been a shift the last five years or so. Maybe it was when greenwood left, but it happened. Batesville is in the east still, so they still contribute to the victories.

Thays closer than I thought  between the west and east. Ithink the central probably has the most wins the last 5 years. PA helps big time, but LRM has come around too.

MDXPHD

Adios west! It's been fun, but y'all are far too sensitive for me.

Chief_Osceola™

So...what exactly brought on the hostility toward the West? I haven't really posted much about it, just curious. Was it Grill's troll comparing the 5A West to the SEC West, or something else. And to be clear, I have no ulterior motive in asking; I'm legitimately curious about it.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 19, 2017, 07:29:02 pm
So...what exactly brought on the hostility toward the West? I haven't really posted much about it, just curious. Was it Grill's troll comparing the 5A West to the SEC West, or something else. And to be clear, I have no ulterior motive in asking; I'm legitimately curious about it.

Just having a little fun. I can tell people take things too serious these days though. I enjoyed grill trolling. That stuff makes the boards fun. West fans just seem to get all upset I guess if someone mentions their conference isn't very good. They had fun after then4-0 first round then get their feelings hurt if someone brings up the 0-4 second round. Ironic. It's all good though. Time to move on. Hooked far too many ones on these threads. I'm tired lol

InYoGrill

RUNDMDX is cordially invited to hang with us West posters anytime.  ;D

InYoGrill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2017, 07:38:01 pm
Just having a little fun. I can tell people take things too serious these days though. I enjoyed grill trolling. That stuff makes the boards fun. West fans just seem to get all upset I guess if someone mentions their conference isn't very good. They had fun after then4-0 first round then get their feelings hurt if someone brings up the 0-4 second round. Ironic. It's all good though. Time to move on. Hooked far too many ones on these threads. I'm tired lol

I will give you this, I did not realize Batesville had such mastery the last 6 years over Briar. That's beautiful even though it they are the odd step child of our conference.

Go Postal

November 20, 2017, 07:31:33 am #47 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:37:55 am by Go Postal
MDX doesn't like the South or West conferences because of their boys/girl's dominance in that other sport since 2002.  Even with the new 4A/5A/6A changes coming up for that other sport and Alma finally getting a team, I don't see the East doing much except maybe Valley View.

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 19, 2017, 07:45:41 pm
I will give you this, I did not realize Batesville had such mastery the last 6 years over Briar. That's beautiful even though it they are the odd step child of our conference.
It was beautiful, brought a tear to my eye.

pantherblue

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas