• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Highland. 2017 4A playoffs. Round 1. Let's get it started!

Started by AirWarren, November 03, 2017, 08:36:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

STUNNA

Warren 2017 38.4 ppg

Warren 2016 43.4 ppg

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: STUNNA on November 09, 2017, 08:54:05 am
Warren 2017 38.4 ppg

Warren 2016 43.4 ppg

And your conference is much worse this year.

STUNNA

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: STUNNA on November 09, 2017, 09:04:31 am
And Stuttgart isn't any better than last year.. lol

The offense is much better. You can't base it on the Warren game, as I've stated, it's totally different now than what it was then. No more spread. Honestly, after that game, I just hoped they'd be able to eke out a playoff berth. But they've done a 180 since then.

STUNNA

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 09, 2017, 09:22:15 am
The offense is much better. You can't base it on the Warren game, as I've stated, it's totally different now than what it was then. No more spread. Honestly, after that game, I just hoped they'd be able to eke out a playoff berth. But they've done a 180 since then.

We just hope to have enough kids for round 1

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: STUNNA on November 09, 2017, 09:38:43 am
We just hope to have enough kids for round 1

That line wasn't funny the first time y'all used it several years ago. You should try something new.

snap crackle

STUNNA

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 09, 2017, 09:46:19 am
That line wasn't funny the first time y'all used it several years ago. You should try something new.

We could call ourselves the machine? Lol

SUGARTOWN

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 09, 2017, 09:22:15 am

This goes back to the same old argument.  Yes, Stuttgart has improved, I'm sure of that, no doubt, but guess what, Warren has also improved since week 2.  Kinnard was making his 2nd start at QB--EVER.  We were still experimenting offensively and trying to find out who worked where and what worked all-together.  Is Warren the offensive juggernaut of seasons past, probably not, but as it's been stated, they haven't HAD to be yet this season, their defense has been plenty good enough to win games.  If Warren needs to score 50 to get a win though, I'm also confident they could do just that with the schemes, weapons and play calling.  Again, I don't know if they'll face a challenge where they'd be ask to score that in these play-offs because I think their defense will dictate the flow of the football game but if they HAD to get a sore, I'm more than confident they can do that against any of the team remaining. 

So yes, the Ricebirds have vastly improved, it's apparent and I'm happy to see they've made the adjustments needed to put themselves back into contention, but lets not sit back and act like the Jacks have been a stale cracker all season.  I've seen some pretty unique wrinkles rolled out by Bo and I'm anxious to see what else he might have up his sleeve going into the play-offs.

-Kyle

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 09, 2017, 08:55:40 am
And your conference is much worse this year.
Think that can be said for the whole 4a. Seem to have top dogs every since 2010 wher you could kinda see the writing on the wall on who would win it all, it's a toss up this year.

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on November 09, 2017, 08:54:05 am
Warren 2017 38.4 ppg

Warren 2016 43.4 ppg

Last year non conference

LRCA 5-7
Stuttgart 8-4
Watson chapel 8-5
21-16

This year non conference. Thus far.

Lrca 9-1
Stuttgart 7-3
Watson chapel 8-2
24-6

But hey, weaker non conference. We can't be that good this year.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 09, 2017, 10:37:23 pm
Last year non conference

LRCA 5-7
Stuttgart 8-4
Watson chapel 8-5
21-16

This year non conference. Thus far.

Lrca 9-1
Stuttgart 7-3
Watson chapel 8-2
24-6

But hey, weaker non conference. We can't be that good this year.

Lost by only two TDs in the 4th quarter to the 2nd best team in 5A while breaking in a brand new backfield.

STUNNA

Quote from: LJ06 on November 09, 2017, 10:40:20 pm
Lost by only two TDs in the 4th quarter to the 2nd best team in 5A while breaking in a brand new backfield.

Warren could very easily be undefeated right now.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 09, 2017, 10:35:25 pm
Think that can be said for the whole 4a. Seem to have top dogs every since 2010 wher you could kinda see the writing on the wall on who would win it all, it's a toss up this year.

There are top dogs this year, just more than one. I don't think the 4A is down at all this year, there are several teams playing at an extremely high level right now. There should be some great matchups in the weeks to come.

LJ06

It's game day! I hate I'll be missing the game tonight, but Go Jacks!

AirWarren

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 09, 2017, 10:35:25 pm

Nah.  That's stated most all years that someone who isn't a traditional power wins some games. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 10, 2017, 09:20:04 am
Nah.  That's stated most all years that someone who isn't a traditional power wins some games.

Exactly.

LJ06

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 10, 2017, 09:20:04 am

8-4A is down, 4A is not. Robinson, Warren, Arkadelphia, Pea Ridge, Booneville, PG could all win it

snap crackle

Special Teams have vastly helped Warren's scoring totals this year

STUNNA

When you have the best player in the state you have a chance to score any time he has the ball.

Jack1990

Kicking the ball in the end zone on almost every kickoff helps the defense as well...and he's a sophomore!

snap crackle

Wow that is a big help! Don't see that much in high school football anymore.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Finally game day!  I haven't had a chance yet this week to really chime in with my thoughts on tonight's game, but I wanted to carve out a quick second to do so.  Obviously this is a mismatch from the moment it was announced.  Warren is the better team in all phases of the game from offense to special teams, defense and coaching.  Highland also has the unfortunate instance of having to drive all the way from the Missouri boothills down to Bradley County for this match-up.

Warren got a scare last week when Treylon left the game with what appears to be either a knee or hip injury but he did end up returning in the 2nd half for a drive and appears to be fine.  I would expect him to play tonight, although I'm not sure how long he'll be out there.  Bo is not shy about playing players even when they're a little dinged up.  Bret Smith played most of his senior season with what I remember to be a high ankle sprain and just gutted through for the team.  I would expect the same from Treylon though I don't think his injury is nearly as serious.  Warren's offense has really come into form over the last 5 weeks or so and have performed well.  I don't see the Rebs being able to do much defensively to slow this attack down tonight.  I imagine we'll see a number of open WRs on routes and some large running holes for McKnight and Steppes. 

Defensively Warren is again far superior in size and talent.  This isn't a knock on Highland, or a slight, it's the truth.  Warren's defensive front this season is the largest I can remember us having in all of Bo's coaching career.  Miller and Company are absolute monsters and if Highland is set on running the football I can't see where they'll have any success on the ground.  Our defensive secondary should be athletic enough to handle any form of passing attack the Rebs might flash and our LBs are hard hitters with a nose for the ball.  Its just a bad combination for Highland all the way around.  Throw in the dynamite special teams play that Warren has exhibited this season and it's a daunting task that lies ahead of Highland. 

I'll keep things short and sweet.  Warren comes out with their foot on the gas from the opening whistle.  They understand the job ahead of them and what awaits them this play-off season.  It starts with Highland tonight and they'll look to silence the Rebs quickly and put them to bed early.  I think you'll see a scoring fest in the first quarter as the Jacks build a quick lead, pop a few more scores in the 2nd quarter before pulling and resting most of the starters mid-way through the 3rd quarter.  I think Highland finds the end zone a time or two against the back-ups, but the game will have been decided long beforehand.  Warren moves on to the 2nd round in convincing fashion. 

Warren 56
Highland 13

-Kyle

KASH dba The Lumberjack

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 10, 2017, 10:40:53 am
Kicking the ball in the end zone on almost every kickoff helps the defense as well...and he's a sophomore!
Whats crazy is last year he could barely get it past the 15. He gained close to 20yds over 9 months. Heckuva job, JJ!

STUNNA

Insane how good of an overall football player Burks is. He is a once a decade type player.

LJ06

Quote from: STUNNA on November 10, 2017, 07:43:41 pm
Insane how good of an overall football player Burks is. He is a once a decade type player.

Highland hasn't seen talent that good all season.

bigchief72455

LJ06

Romeo

Our passing game isn't exactly a well oiled machine, but it doesn't have to be if you have a player like Burks at receiver.

Big Fan

Quote from: Romeo on November 10, 2017, 08:19:47 pm
Our passing game isn't exactly a well oiled machine, but it doesn't have to be if you have a player like Burks at receiver.
Let's be honest...I could throw to Burks.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on November 10, 2017, 08:19:47 pm

Our offense is balanced.
Defense is big, aggressive and fast.

Quote from: STUNNA on November 10, 2017, 07:43:41 pm

No sir. Once in a lifetime player... once in a lifetime!

He's an amazing receiver. But what blows the mind?? He's an even better LB'er!!

STUNNA

Quote from: 22 on November 10, 2017, 08:58:32 pm

Never seen a more complete football player in my years of keeping up with Arkansas football. He is a man among boys. And we get him for another year!!

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: 22 on November 10, 2017, 08:58:32 pm

He is that indeed

Quote from: STUNNA on November 10, 2017, 09:08:19 pm
Never seen a more complete football player in my years of keeping up with Arkansas football. He is a man among boys. And we get him for another year!!

Yessir, he is. And a very well mannered young man, he is!

Yessir. Nosir. Thank you. Appreciate it Coach.

I'm impressed and that doesn't happen often!!

LJ06

TBone70

After speaking to some Highland players they mentioned they have most utmost respect to your team. They said Warren players were very nice during the whole game even after the spanking, the parent of #11 Kahner Seat,said even in the parking lot with the adults said becareful going home. Way to represent.

AirWarren

Quote from: TBone70 on November 11, 2017, 05:52:37 pm
After speaking to some Highland players they mentioned they have most utmost respect to your team. They said Warren players were very nice during the whole game even after the spanking, the parent of #11 Kahner Seat,said even in the parking lot with the adults said becareful going home. Way to represent.

Warren is full of good people. Always has been.

Kudos citizens of Warren! Y'all make me proud.

Thanks for the kind words.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas