• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Highland. 2017 4A playoffs. Round 1. Let's get it started!

Started by AirWarren, November 03, 2017, 08:36:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Highland makes the long drive from the Missouri border to face Warren.

Highland 3-6(3-3) 4A-3
Warren 9-1(7-0) 4A-8

cuckoobird

Highland shocks 4a football and mercy rules the Lumberjacks...

AirWarren

bigchief72455

Quote from: AirWarren on November 03, 2017, 08:42:23 am
I'm with this guy.
Yes because we all know that the 5 seed in the 3-4A would be a conference champ in any other conference.

AirWarren

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 03, 2017, 08:44:46 am
Yes because we all know that the 5 seed in the 3-4A would be a conference champ in any other conference.

I'm with this guy as in....bartender get me what he is drinking.

bigchief72455

Quote from: AirWarren on November 03, 2017, 09:03:38 am
I'm with this guy as in....bartender get me what he is drinking.
LOL. I think you guys will be safe. They had to bring a freshman up to qb because they lost their other 2.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 03, 2017, 08:36:19 am
Highland makes the long drive from the Missouri border to face Warren.

Highland 3-6(3-3) 4A-3
Warren 9-1(7-0) 4A-8

This is why I hate having 5 seeds. There is no way a 3-6 team should make the playoffs.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LJ06 on November 03, 2017, 09:32:30 am
This is why I hate having 5 seeds. There is no way a 3-6 team should make the playoffs.

Waste of time and money for Highland to make this trip...a 3-6 team in the playoffs, embarrassing.

cuckoobird

I remember Gillett's last year of football, they went 0-10 and made the playoffs because there were only 4 teams in the old 6a. Gillett tried to forfeit and not waste anyone's time and money but the AAA made them play the game. The school probably wouldn't have if they had known it would never play again but they were hoping for a few more years at the time

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 03, 2017, 09:41:10 am
Waste of time and money for Highland to make this trip...a 3-6 team in the playoffs, embarrassing.

Exactly.

bigchief72455

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 03, 2017, 09:41:10 am
3-7 after tonight barring any miracle.

Romeo

Quote from: LJ06 on November 03, 2017, 09:32:30 am

Better than what they have in Missouri. In Missouri, every school that plays football makes the playoffs in each classification, regardless of record. The playoffs are about as big as the NCAA Tournament. For example: http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/LKNwSqLtEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/LKN0XKLtEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/football-fall-17/2017-missouri-high-school-football-playoff-brackets--mshsaa-class-4.htm

bigchief72455

Quote from: Romeo on November 03, 2017, 10:38:46 am
Better than what they have in Missouri. In Missouri, every school that plays football makes the playoffs in each classification, regardless of record. The playoffs are about as big as the NCAA Tournament. For example: http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/LKNwSqLtEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/LKN0XKLtEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/football-fall-17/2017-missouri-high-school-football-playoff-brackets--mshsaa-class-4.htm
That is crazy.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on November 03, 2017, 10:38:46 am

That's just stupid

TBone70

Romeo

Quote from: LJ06 on November 03, 2017, 11:10:48 am
That's just stupid

Missouri's format is just weird. Teams only play nine games during the regular season. The season starts real early, at least two weeks before Arkansas teams start. One positive is that teams are separated by region during the playoffs so teams don't have to travel too far, at least for the first four rounds.

Danold Dump

why is this even a thread?  Warren will do whatever they want to....Dump has spoken

AirWarren

cuckoobird

Redskin2015

Romeo

Redskin2015

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Redskin2015 on November 03, 2017, 06:51:05 pm
is that really worth the watch though?
no it probably wasn't. It won't get any easier for Highland when they come to Jack country

boss85

5 seeds should not be in playoffs. AAA should change to top 2 in each conference go to playoffs. 3 at most. AAA is too stubborn and money hungry to change though.

Rugman15

Warren squeaks out a win with their 18 man roster.  Will be lucky to have enough players for the next round if they make it!

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Rugman15 on November 04, 2017, 12:10:35 am
Warren squeaks out a win with their 18 man roster.  Will be lucky to have enough players for the next round if they make it!
we've been trying to tell y'all we are lucky to field a team every year

Oldbadger

Heard this morning Warren has agreed to meet Highland in Arkadelphia and play the game at HSU. This so Highland won't have to drive so far back.  Good idea! Airwarren,  can you substantiate this.  Sounds reasonable to me.lol

Redskin2015

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on November 04, 2017, 12:20:48 am
we've been trying to tell y'all we are lucky to field a team every year
I've heard of those woes of lumberjack nation it's sad 😂😂

SUGARTOWN

Which bracket is correct? The one on this thread or the bracket on the pinned thread at the top? The Dumas and Hamburg games are different.

bigchief72455

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 04, 2017, 10:55:28 am
Which bracket is correct? The one on this thread or the bracket on the pinned thread at the top? The Dumas and Hamburg games are different.

This one. Westside beats Pokey last night and finishes at 5-2. Pokey finishes at 4-3.

robreep

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

November 06, 2017, 09:26:59 am #34 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:28:34 am by FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48
Quote from: robreep on November 06, 2017, 09:04:42 am
For Highland fans that can't make it to the game, you can watch it live for just $9.95 at http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/warren-high-school-warren-ar/0ab98811e3

And I can vouch that if you can't make it, that $9.95 well spent.  Rob and Ro do a GREAT job covering the Lumberjacks every Friday night and I appreciate the work they put in for us "out of towners" who just cannot make the games as much as we'd like.  They also do a pretty fair job of calling the games as objectively as they can.  Obviously, there's always a little lean towards Warren, but it's certainly not over the top like SOME broadcast I've seen.....  One of the better live streams in the state!  Good suggestion there Rob!

-Kyle

Danold Dump

Quote from: boss85 on November 04, 2017, 12:08:08 am
5 seeds should not be in playoffs. AAA should change to top 2 in each conference go to playoffs. 3 at most. AAA is too stubborn and money hungry to change though.
Yes top 2 teams....Dump out

OLDSCHOOL82

Well....the fairy tale lumberjack season must finally come to an end.  The lack of depth and non athletes of warren will bite them in the butt this week against highland.  Have also heard the funds to pay off the Friday night crews have went dry.  Gonna be a good ole butt whippin on Friday.  Time to fire back up firebo.com!

Dang auto correct.  Warren by 35 is what I typed!

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 06, 2017, 12:46:38 pm
Well....the fairy tale lumberjack season must finally come to an end.  The lack of depth and non athletes of warren will bite them in the butt this week against highland.  Have also heard the funds to pay off the Friday night crews have went dry.  Gonna be a good ole butt whippin on Friday.  Time to fire back up firebo.com!

Dang auto correct.  Warren by 35 is what I typed!

Think we are up to 25 kids thankfully for the 9th graders.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

But truthfully, Warren probably averages 32-38 kids before 9th graders are moved up.

ABC™

What contrbutes to such a low number of participation at Warren? With the amount of success there you would think every kid would want to be a Lumberjack.

LJ06

Quote from: ABC™ on November 07, 2017, 07:00:52 pm
What contrbutes to such a low number of participation at Warren? With the amount of success there you would think every kid would want to be a Lumberjack.

Most don't want to go through the August work outs. Also, football is a year round sport now with the weights, workouts, 7 on 7, and team camps through the off season.

ABC™

That just baffles me. It's certainly impressive what Warren is able to do without much depth. Quality over quantity.

A few years in the mid 2000s Nashville would have near 90+. Kids just loved being a Scrapper, didn't matter if they played or what it took. It sunk gradually to the 50s and 60s over the last decade.  Last week they moved up about half of the 9th grade team and now Nashville has around 80-85 which is the most I can remember in about 10 years.

Romeo

Quote from: LJ06 on November 07, 2017, 07:24:23 pm
Most don't want to go through the August work outs. Also, football is a year round sport now with the weights, workouts, 7 on 7, and team camps through the off season.

Exactly. When I played football, 7 on 7 in Arkansas was in its beginning stages. The summer was pretty much yours until about late July to early August. You also had the weekend off after Friday night games. For Warren, the week of preparation starts on Sunday. There's a lot more time demands, expectations and work that some kids just can't handle, especially at a program like Warren.

Danold Dump

Who cares...They win with the 32-38 they have cause theyre willing to stick it out and work hard.  Who cares about numbers.  Highland sure won't when they are looking at the backs of the lumberjacks jerseys friday night....dump out

AirWarren

snap crackle

Warren will put the mercy rule into effect at some point.  Offense doesn't seem to be as explosive as usual.

LJ06

Quote from: snap crackle on November 08, 2017, 07:07:41 pm
Warren will put the mercy rule into effect at some point.  Offense doesn't seem to be as explosive as usual.

Doesn't have to be this season

snap crackle

SUGARTOWN

snap crackle

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas