• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eldo v. Rville

Started by RiverRunner02, October 25, 2017, 09:07:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRunner02

Don't know why this game hasn't been discussed yet. Thoughts??

Positive comments only @AllGreenwoodPosters (Remember we're talking about 16-18 year old high school athletes)

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 25, 2017, 09:13:25 am #1 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 09:17:54 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: RiverRunner02 on October 25, 2017, 09:07:33 am

Positive comments only @AllGreenwoodPosters (Remember we're talking about 16-18 year old high school athletes)

Now when did a post start off with a disclaimer?  smh

I gave some of your boys a hard time leading up to the GW/Russ game, and even gave a few of them (those who can't eat crow) a bit of a hard time afterwards, however, I think Russellville kids are tough and gritty.  I wasn't shocked that they went to Texarkana and won.  I won't be shocked if they give Eldo a tough game.  But, I don't think Russ has the speed to hang with Eldo.  I also predict that Eldo's defense will be in your backfield all night like GW was.   Russ needs to start the #10 kid at QB.  I know that for sure.  If it rains Friday night, then that might level the speed factor a bit and give Russ more of a chance.   

I'd really like to see Russ beat Eldo, but i'm gonna have to say:

Eldorado 28
Russellville 17

Oldbadger

To start off on a positive note:  I'm positive that not all Greenwood posters hijack all 6A post, just most of them!.lol

But, to the point of the post, Russellville will have their hands full this game.  I had already in a previous post mentioned that Russellville was better than LH and Texarkana.  But that isn't the case here.  Russellville will, however, give Eldo a game, and it will be close enough that Eldo better not overlook them.  Eldo's coach will ensure that isn't the case.  Eldo 21, Russ 14.

The Future

NEW THREAD!!! HURRY!!
Greenwood calls dibs. Sorry guys.  ;)

I mentioned in the 'who has the toughest remaining schedule' thread that this game as well as next weeks game could qualify as a trap game.
On paper Eldo wins and even though I know Reed will do a great job to make sure the kids are ready, it's still easy as a player to overlook a team. Russellville has the talent to keep the game close if you come in in that mindset.
I think Russellville will keep it entertaining but Cats get the win.

El Dorado 35
Russellville 21

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: The Future on October 25, 2017, 09:27:05 am
NEW THREAD!!! HURRY!!
Greenwood calls dibs. Sorry guys.  ;)

I mentioned in the 'who has the toughest remaining schedule' thread that this game as well as next weeks game could qualify as a trap game.
On paper Eldo wins and even though I know Reed will do a great job to make sure the kids are ready, it's still easy as a player to overlook a team. Russellville has the talent to keep the game close if you come in in that mindset.
I think Russellville will keep it entertaining but Cats get the win.

El Dorado 35
Russellville 21

Beat you to the punch!  :)   Not sure i like the disclaimer he laid down though. 

RiverRunner02

I figured the disclaimer would come with mixed feelings. LOL

I do think this makes to be a good game though. Rain and cold weather will definitely make a difference

The Future

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 25, 2017, 09:29:19 am
Beat you to the punch!  :)   Not sure i like the disclaimer he laid down though.

But you didn't call dibs...
I win  8)

dubbnation

And dubbnation is back in action! Been out of commission for while. Back in action. Not sure what to think about this one. Haven't watched Eldo. Family there thinks Rville will win. I know we have a lot of kids out/banged up but who doesn't during this time of the season? I'll go with the local fav on this one.

Rville-34
Eldo-28

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: dubbnation on October 27, 2017, 11:50:30 am
And dubbnation is back in action! Been out of commission for while. Back in action. Not sure what to think about this one. Haven't watched Eldo. Family there thinks Rville will win. I know we have a lot of kids out/banged up but who doesn't during this time of the season? I'll go with the local fav on this one.

Rville-34
Eldo-28

I will sing the Russvegas praises if that happens! 

Pr8hd

I'd take ED in this one, but I think it will be a good contest....they got their wake-up call in week 5 I think.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 27, 2017, 01:45:22 pm
I'd take ED in this one, but I think it will be a good contest....they got their wake-up call in week 5 I think.

28-0  Cats at the half

Pr8hd

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on October 27, 2017, 08:07:19 pm
28-0  Cats at the half

Well, had the team right ,but sure wasn't a close game...Russ was dominated looks like.

thebigshot

So much for a contest tonight after a 35-7. That cyclone never got started.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: thebigshot on October 28, 2017, 05:11:54 am
So much for a contest tonight after a 35-7. That cyclone never got started.
Aww....you sound disappointed.  lol!   :)

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 28, 2017, 05:11:10 am
Well, had the team right ,but sure wasn't a close game...Russ was dominated looks like.

RV crossed midfield once in the first half.  Eld 321 yards in first half.   RV had 55.  RV had only 2 first downs in the half.

Pr8hd

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on October 28, 2017, 10:24:36 am
RV crossed midfield once in the first half.  Eld 321 yards in first half.   RV had 55.  RV had only 2 first downs in the half.

Yeah, I'd say that qualifies as being dominated and disciplined.

dubbnation

bulldogger15

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on October 25, 2017, 09:07:33 am

Looks like Coach Captain Spoiled Brat Weaver is fair game! If Whiney Weaver acts like a two year old does get him put back into off limits status with the Cyclone faithful? I hope not....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Valleysports

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 29, 2017, 08:37:51 pm
Looks like Coach Captain Spoiled Brat Weaver is fair game! If Whiney Weaver acts like a two year old does get him put back into off limits status with the Cyclone faithful? I hope not....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Speaking of Spoiled Brats!   ;)

rona

Some folks never learn that bashing others accomplishes nothing other than a final destination of irrevalance.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas