• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barton v.s. Cedar Ridge

Started by AmericanVandal1987, October 21, 2017, 06:41:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanVandal1987

Whatcha think?

Barton v.s. Cedar Ridge

DogCatcher

CoolBreeze

October 22, 2017, 11:35:36 am #2 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:37:35 pm by CoolBreeze
Cedar Ridge stands at 4-4, but have beaten nobody. Their wins are over Midland (a 1-6 2A team), Rose Bud, Marianna, and Episcopal. Moreover, they lost 2 weeks ago to a badly crippled Harding Academy.

Accordingly, the 7-1 Bears, should have little trouble dispatching the Timberwolves.

Williebe147

Quote from: AmericanVandal1987 on October 21, 2017, 06:41:59 pm
Whatcha think?

Barton v.s. Cedar Ridge

Cedar Ridge pulls the upset 28 to 18. Bears have trouble stopping the run.

Paperman

HogRider12

ISU7

Bears outclaw the t-wolves by 17

Gridiron63

The Timberwolves will upset Barton. They are better than Barton. Barton has a lot of trouble stopping powerful running teams. CR will win.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Gridiron63 on October 23, 2017, 10:36:03 am
The Timberwolves will upset Barton. They are better than Barton. Barton has a lot of trouble stopping powerful running teams. CR will win.
Like who? Mayflower? Nobody has stopped Mayflower's rushing game. And Barton played them closer than anyone else. And guess what, Cedar Ridge is a long way from being comparable to Mayflower. Even a badly crippled Harding Academy put up 45 on the T'Wolves. Only a running clock will prevent Barton from passing the half-century mark.

The only other team that gave Barton problems was HA, which no one would call a powerful rushing team.

Gridiron63

Gave you ever seen CR play CoolBreeze?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Gridiron63 on October 23, 2017, 01:49:09 pm
Gave you ever seen CR play CoolBreeze?
Due to an injury, I haven't been able to get out for most of the games this year. However, I did watch CR at HA online.

Have you seen Barton play this year?

Gridiron63

I've seen Barton twice. The Timberwolves are no pushover.

Bwana

Sorry CR but this weeks score will look a lot like last weeks score.. Barton by a bunch..

Grayte88

Barton by 3 Tds.  Their size and speed will be to much for CR to handle.

Poorboy

18-7 final. Bears pull out hard fought victory

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Poorboy on October 27, 2017, 09:38:06 pm
18-7 final. Bears pull out hard fought victory
Wow! That's a surprise. Not that Barton won, but that it was at all close. Timberwolves may give Bald Knob problems, after all

Bwana

Way closer than I expected also.. Might be a good game at Newark next week..

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Bwana on October 27, 2017, 09:43:59 pm
Way closer than I expected also.. Might be a good game at Newark next week..
Especially with Cedar Ridge at home. Strange phenomena sometimes happen on the field in Newark.

Gridiron63

The bad thing is that CR should have won. Barton scored when the clock expired after CR played backyard football for 30 seconds. It was 12-7 when the clock said 0. Barton had no class as usual. Refs were absolutely awful. I'll stick up for the Twolves on this one they got screwed by the refs. I've never seen worse officiating.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Gridiron63 on October 27, 2017, 10:08:53 pm
The bad thing is that CR should have won. Barton scored when the clock expired after CR played backyard football for 30 seconds. It was 12-7 when the clock said 0. Barton had no class as usual. Refs were absolutely awful. I'll stick up for the Twolves on this one they got screwed by the refs. I've never seen worse officiating.
From the final score, that would have been 12-7 Barton. So, the Bears would have won without the touchdown scored after time expired. So, how does that mean CR should have won?

Gridiron63

CR should have been because they were screed by the refs all night long. Horrible spots, a PI that wasn't called, a intentional grounding that wasn't not grounding, several bad calls on CRs formations. I'm telling you that CR was ripped. I would eat my words if Barton would have beat them fair and square but they did not.

Bwana

You know a lot of folks feel the same way about playing at CR.. Just saying..

BoogieMan27

Quote from: Gridiron63 on October 27, 2017, 10:18:22 pm
CR should have been because they were screed by the refs all night long. Horrible spots, a PI that wasn't called, a intentional grounding that wasn't not grounding, several bad calls on CRs formations. I'm telling you that CR was ripped. I would eat my words if Barton would have beat them fair and square but they did not.
People that weren't at the game just don't have a clue how bad it actually was. There is bad officiating at times in every game but tonight was very blatant against CR.

Williebe147

Quote from: Gridiron63 on October 27, 2017, 10:18:22 pm
[/q  Playing at Barton always has been one siided THE OFFICIALS ARE ALWAYS TERRIBLE THERE. THE PASS CALL THE STRAW THAT broke CR back.

Bwana

Quote from: BoogieMan27 on October 28, 2017, 12:17:51 am
People that weren't at the game just don't have a clue how bad it actually was. There is bad officiating at times in every game but tonight was very blatant against CR.
Every team that's played a close game at Barton for the last 10 years has seen the exact same thing.. I had hoped with a new coach that seems to have their program headed in the right direction that sort of thing would pass but I suppose old habits die hard.. I've talked with friends at CR and tried to explain to them that their headed in the same direction.. Some game officials (clock operators included) think no one see's what's going on and think they are helping their team by pulling that crap but all it does is give that school a bad reputation that win or lose causes fingers to be pointed.. Nip it in the bud.. Win or lose let the kids and coaches determine the outcome not some homer Ref or clock operator..JMHO

Gridiron63

CR may have had questionable things happen at their field. Maybe even really bad officiating. But nothing compares to what happened at Barton last night. I have no dogs in that fight. I just went and watched because I love high school football and my I felt so bad for CR players.

BoogieMan27

Quote from: Bwana on October 28, 2017, 01:52:56 pm
Every team that's played a close game at Barton for the last 10 years has seen the exact same thing.. I had hoped with a new coach that seems to have their program headed in the right direction that sort of thing would pass but I suppose old habits die hard.. I've talked with friends at CR and tried to explain to them that their headed in the same direction.. Some game officials (clock operators included) think no one see's what's going on and think they are helping their team by pulling that crap but all it does is give that school a bad reputation that win or lose causes fingers to be pointed.. Nip it in the bud.. Win or lose let the kids and coaches determine the outcome not some homer Ref or clock operator..JMHO
It's kind of hard to compare a school that is a traditional football school to a school that has just recently started their program. (Comparatively) I agree that there has been some goofy stuff happen with the clock at CR a few times. But it's a community that really doesn't know a lot about football, even though they're trying. And most schools, if not all schools do not pay for clock operators. It has to be someone who volunteers. It's slim pickins in a small town. But at a traditional powerhouse like Barton, you'd figure they'd have someone better than that. The biggest issues Friday night was the hosing from the officials. It was very obvious CR was not going to be able to win a close one. It would have to have been by 30 or more. I know people have been there and experienced it as well. It was just pathetic.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BoogieMan27 on October 29, 2017, 09:50:00 am
It's kind of hard to compare a school that is a traditional football school to a school that has just recently started their program. (Comparatively) I agree that there has been some goofy stuff happen with the clock at CR a few times. But it's a community that really doesn't know a lot about football, even though they're trying. And most schools, if not all schools do not pay for clock operators. It has to be someone who volunteers. It's slim pickins in a small town. But at a traditional powerhouse like Barton, you'd figure they'd have someone better than that. The biggest issues Friday night was the hosing from the officials. It was very obvious CR was not going to be able to win a close one. It would have to have been by 30 or more. I know people have been there and experienced it as well. It was just pathetic.
Somehow, those goofy antics with the clock always seems to favor the home team.

BoogieMan27

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 29, 2017, 11:00:45 am
Somehow, those goofy antics with the clock always seems to favor the home team.
Not always the case. There has been multiple times that the clock has screwed CR. And it's becuaae the volunteers are just not versed enough on football.

Bwana

At most if not all schools the clock operator is paid or compensated in some form or fashion.. They are officials of the game just like the guys on the field.. They maybe a team Dad or coach of another sport at the school but during the game they are an official and should act as an official.. I've seen a field official replace an incompetent clock operator during a game before.. This late in the year they should be familiar with the rules and the equipment.. It's not rocket surgery.. As far as what goes on in Barton year after year it is pathetic and one would think something would be done about it.. And it's not only football but happens at basketball and baseball games as well.. Every official should strive to not let what happens at Barton happen anywhere at anytime.. It's an embarrassment to the school whether or not they've had a program for 40 years or 10 years.. It shouldn't happen week in and week out.. Take some pride in what you do and don't be known through out the State as that kind of program win or lose..

BoogieMan27

Quote from: Bwana on October 29, 2017, 12:14:16 pm
At most if not all schools the clock operator is paid or compensated in some form or fashion.. They are officials of the game just like the guys on the field.. They maybe a team Dad or coach of another sport at the school but during the game they are an official and should act as an official.. I've seen a field official replace an incompetent clock operator during a game before.. This late in the year they should be familiar with the rules and the equipment.. It's not rocket surgery.. As far as what goes on in Barton year after year it is pathetic and one would think something would be done about it.. And it's not only football but happens at basketball and baseball games as well.. Every official should strive to not let what happens at Barton happen anywhere at anytime.. It's an embarrassment to the school whether or not they've had a program for 40 years or 10 years.. It shouldn't happen week in and week out.. Take some pride in what you do and don't be known through out the State as that kind of program win or lose..
I agree with you 100%! It was a crucial game in week 9 to decide a 2nd seed position and that's what you get? That's unacceptable.

BoogieMan27

Well I agree 99% because I know for a fact, some schools do not pay for clock operators. CR being one of them. Still, no excuse.

Bwana

BM27, we're on the same page.. Good luck to CR in the playoffs..

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Bwana on October 29, 2017, 12:14:16 pm
Have you ever seen a rocket surgeon?

Bwana

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 30, 2017, 03:22:49 pm
Have you ever seen a rocket surgeon?
No sir but we do have several self taught chemist down the road..

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Bwana on October 30, 2017, 06:14:52 pm
No sir but we do have several self taught chemist down the road..
Sometimes, those guys make things go ka-boom.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas