• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A EAST coming to a great finish

Started by wynnefootballfan, October 21, 2017, 11:38:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wynnefootballfan

October 21, 2017, 11:38:58 am Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:49:36 am by wynnefootballfan
With these games left:

Wynne/ Nettleton
Batesville/VV
Nettleton/VV

Still an open field. Will be fun to watch it play out. I think its good for the conference and playoff prep for the teams when there's not a runaway winner.

Runnin With The Pack

I agree....I can't remember the last time there was 3 such high stakes games going into the final two weeks of the season.  The stage is set for lots of drama and tension...

JessieP

Wynne over Nettleton.
Nettleton over Valley View
Batesville over Valley View.

Valley View is without question on the upswing but as far as 2017 goes, sorry Cinderella the slipper won't fit.

olemissjacket99

Don't forget that wynne is AT FC.  always a rivalry.  Could be interesting

MrShakezzzz2014

I think the Wynne and FC game will be closer than people expect. If wynne overlooks FC @ home, an upset can be on the horizon. They have the firepower to get it done. (The 2nd qtr of the Nettleton game proves it.)

Nettleton/VV will be the game of the year as I've said multiple times this season.

What a time to be a 5A east fan!  ;D

A D M

October 22, 2017, 08:24:17 pm #5 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 09:31:00 pm by A D M
In order to beat Forrest City at home you have got to put pressure on the quarterback if given time he will pick you apart.

ricericebaby

greenman478

Nettleton beats Wynne and VV.  VV however will beat Batesville.  5A East is one of the most intriguing leagues in the state though, definitely the most interesting in 5A in my opinion.  I think Wynne, Nettleton, VV, and Batesville could all make a run in the playoffs.

Rampage72501

Very possible East goes 1-3 in the first round.

JessieP

This is going to sound like a knock, it is not. Valley View is a solid football team, very much on the rise. What escapes me is how they have become the new darling of the East? They have only faced 2 good teams this year and lost both. I say let the season play out before we start assuming they are a top tier team. Nettleton has beaten the traditional East winner, Batesville, they have passed the first test. They still have Wynne, a team with a massive chip on their shoulder. If Vegas posted odds on the next 2 games they would have VV and the underdog vs both Nettleton and Batesville. That is 0-3 vs the East powers. Every year the East send 4 teams to the playoffs, without going at least 2-1 against the top teams VV will be reduced to "this year from the East we have Batesville, Wynne, Nettleton and um...this year it's Valley View". Again, not a knock, just pointing out that as of 10/23 they haven't given us one reason to say they could make a serious run.

Rampage72501

Quote from: JessieP on October 23, 2017, 11:24:28 am
This is going to sound like a knock, it is not. Valley View is a solid football team, very much on the rise. What escapes me is how they have become the new darling of the East? They have only faced 2 good teams this year and lost both. I say let the season play out before we start assuming they are a top tier team. Nettleton has beaten the traditional East winner, Batesville, they have passed the first test. They still have Wynne, a team with a massive chip on their shoulder. If Vegas posted odds on the next 2 games they would have VV and the underdog vs both Nettleton and Batesville. That is 0-3 vs the East powers. Every year the East send 4 teams to the playoffs, without going at least 2-1 against the top teams VV will be reduced to "this year from the East we have Batesville, Wynne, Nettleton and um...this year it's Valley View". Again, not a knock, just pointing out that as of 10/23 they haven't given us one reason to say they could make a serious run.

Heard multiple coaches in the 5A East say Valley View may be the 2nd best team in the conference...

A D M

From what I hear they just try to out score their opponent.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 23, 2017, 12:20:46 pm
Heard multiple coaches in the 5A East say Valley View may be the 2nd best team in the conference...

We're they all from Valley View?😎 

Rampage72501

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 23, 2017, 10:04:12 pm
We're they all from Valley View?😎 

You actually know a couple of them. 

MDXPHD

Jacketfan16

Quote from: A D M on October 23, 2017, 09:36:03 pm
From what I hear they just try to out score their opponent.

Isn't that what everyone tries to do?

A D M

Grond

Wondering how the cool temps will affect Nettleton's passing game.

ISU7

Quote from: Grond on October 25, 2017, 12:13:32 pm
Wondering how the cool temps will affect Nettleton's passing game.
Not much
Nettleton won 28-9..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas