• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt Ida and Mt Pine

Started by jsw6f0, October 21, 2017, 10:40:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jsw6f0

What's your thoughts on this battle of conference leaders.

Hgalum50

Mountain Pine is putting up a crape ton of points, but can their defense stop Mount Ida. I don't think so, Mount Ida by 14.

Ventman

lionsdad

Has Mountain Pine really improved that much since the 35-0 loss to a Jessieville team that Mount Ida beat 28-6?
Well, they allowed Murfreesboro to put up 40 two weeks ago. The same Murfreesboro team that the Lions handled 48-0. The fairytale ends Friday, 42-7 Mount Ida.

monster_island

It's hard to hate a team when they're down. Now that the Pine is winning again I can start hating them again.

FilmCrew

Dr. Defense

Mountain pine is a great story this season. That being said Mt Ida could win this one by 100 if they want

bigworm

The streak comes to a violent stop friday night.

MI by a frew

Hogjr

Wish I could see this game but I'll be at the other big match up. Idk who to root for! I always like the under dog so let's go MP!

Eslim03

Mt. Ida will roll the pine then the next week the gators will roll the pine. They are a feel good story but now those boys get the best 7-2a has to hotter.

MagicMike

Go look at the 72A outside of Ida and Foreman and you'll see why pine is undefeated. They strugglwd with murf, ms, and lc. Ida wins and clock tuns in the 4th

hornetfan8

I haven't been keeping up with these teams but MP could be the same as Hampton from last year. MP by 2

ThreadWatcher

October 22, 2017, 06:00:20 am #12 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:02:10 am by ThreadWatcher
Quote from: hornetfan8 on October 22, 2017, 01:07:20 am
I haven't been keeping up with these teams but MP could be the same as Hampton from last year. MP by 2
They could be....But they're "knot"! Maybe you should keep up with these teams a little better before coming in here sounding like a troll.

Redzone

Ida wins big and the clock will run the whole second half.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 21, 2017, 11:10:29 pm
Mt. Ida will roll the pine then the next week the gators will roll the pine. They are a feel good story but now those boys get the best 7-2a has to hotter.

No offense but they did beat Mineral which Foreman struggled with most of the game. Don't see Pine getting rolled by Foreman. Mt Ida yes but Foreman, nope,

hornetfan8

Quote from: ThreadWatcher on October 22, 2017, 06:00:20 am
They could be....But they're "knot"! Maybe you should keep up with these teams a little better before coming in here sounding like a troll.
No trolling here. I know Ida won st last year. Undefeated this year. Beat a team that whipped Pine. But MP by 2

lionsdad

Quote from: hornetfan8 on October 22, 2017, 11:49:24 am
No trolling here. I know Ida won st last year. Undefeated this year. Beat a team that whipped Pine. But MP by 2
Pine is visiting on senior night. This senior class has won more games than any Mount Ida team in history during their careers. No way in HEdouble hockey sticks MP stays close.

BlueNGold52

I know we all feel Mount Ida will handle Mt Pine with no issue, but if Mount Ida's boys relax because its " Mountain Pine" it could be a game they have athletes this yr that looked impressive the only time I saw them this yr. They have been putting up points and they were without a main player when they lost to Jessieville. Just hope the boys don't buy in to the hype of "no way Mountain Pine can win". That said if Mount Ida is focused the clock will run second half.

Eslim03

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 22, 2017, 11:44:00 am
No offense but they did beat Mineral which Foreman struggled with most of the game. Don't see Pine getting rolled by Foreman. Mt Ida yes but Foreman, nope,

Foreman won by two touchdowns with all of minerals players back and had five turnovers. The pine beat a depleted mineral team by 2. We all have opinions.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 22, 2017, 12:39:06 pm
Foreman won by two touchdowns with all of minerals players back and had five turnovers. The pine beat a depleted mineral team by 2. We all have opinions.

What if you have 5 turnovers against Pine? Will the points count if Pine converts them?

Eslim03

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 22, 2017, 12:42:35 pm
What if you have 5 turnovers against Pine? Will the points count if Pine converts them?

How bout we wait till next week to talk Foreman and Mountain Pine. Mt. Ida wins this game easily.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 22, 2017, 12:50:25 pm
How bout we wait till next week to talk Foreman and Mountain Pine. Mt. Ida wins this game easily.

Ok, but you mentioned it first! Lol

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: hornetfan8 on October 22, 2017, 11:49:24 am
Ok? By 2 what tho? By 2 points or what?

FilmCrew

TROLL....

Hornetfan couldn't find Mount Ida on a map

He hasn't followed Mount Ida all year but in every poll this year he has put them number 1.

Funny now he has them losing to Mountain Pine. I wonder what changed this week? Did they not beat down a struggling Dierks enough?

Haha..don't take the bait fellow posters.

hornetfan8

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 22, 2017, 03:05:27 pm
TROLL....

Hornetfan couldn't find Mount Ida on a map

He hasn't followed Mount Ida all year but in every poll this year he has put them number 1.

Funny now he has them losing to Mountain Pine. I wonder what changed this week? Did they not beat down a struggling Dierks enough?

Haha..don't take the bait fellow posters.
Ida is good. I've seen their scores. I don't follow them closely but look at the scores before making a top team. MP is just a surprise team this year. Why do I have to be a troll because I am picking mountain pine by 2 points?

Eaglefan70

Mt Ida wins this game easily.  I am happy for Mtn Pine that they are having a good season this year but realisticly cmon now Ida is just too much muscle and power.  Mt Ida comes in and keeps doing what they doing and beat Mtn Pine by 21+

ThreadWatcher

Maybe hornet and ppl (other trolls) are just afraid they might have to face Mt. Ida in the playoffs. So they are hoping someone beats them to better their chances. Yea, I noticed his polls, MP wasn't in the top 10, never mentioned!

FilmCrew

Quote from: hornetfan8 on October 22, 2017, 03:10:06 pm
Ida is good. I've seen their scores. I don't follow them closely but look at the scores before making a top team. MP is just a surprise team this year. Why do I have to be a troll because I am picking mountain pine by 2 points?

Again I ask, What scores this week has made you change your mind on Mount Ida. Are you going to put Mountain Pine in the number one position this week?

hornetfan8

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 22, 2017, 03:27:21 pm
Again I ask, What scores this week has made you change your mind on Mount Ida. Are you going to put Mountain Pine in the number one position this week?
No scores or anything. And y'all must be worried or you would just laugh off my comments. But I picked MP because it's my choice just like my polls. I picked 2 points because I'm not sold on pine. Ida could run away with this game. Pine won't run away with it.

FilmCrew

Here I will laugh off your post.

hahahahahahaha......

I can't wait to see your top 10 posts this week.

ThreadWatcher

Hahahahahaha.........There's mine! Not worried at all. The boys will come out focused and take care of business Friday night. Hornet, I cordially invite you to Mt. Ida Friday night. I know you wouldn't want to miss the slobber knocking!

hornetfan8

Quote from: ThreadWatcher on October 22, 2017, 04:08:07 pm
Hahahahahaha.........There's mine! Not worried at all. The boys will come out focused and take care of business Friday night. Hornet, I cordially invite you to Mt. Ida Friday night. I know you wouldn't want to miss the slobber knocking!
I got a cousin playing in Hazen Friday or I gladly would come.

Hgalum50

Gurantee he has Hazen at #2 this week!

jsw6f0

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 22, 2017, 05:14:38 pm
Gurantee he has Hazen at #2 this week!

They are solid. And playing with lots of confidence. They have all the pieces to bust somones bubble in the playoffs. And they are going to be on the strong  side of the bracket. 

You can't understand how much it pains me to say that either.

Hgalum50

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 22, 2017, 08:34:42 pm
They are solid. And playing with lots of confidence. They have all the pieces to bust somones bubble in the playoffs. And they are going to be on the strong  side of the bracket. 

You can't understand how much it pains me to say that either.
I understand, have been down that road before. They are solid for sure I will agree on that.

BaseballPlayer11

brotherdew

Well I'm glad the Mount Ida Lions Junior High got a win over Mountain Pine last night. Here's hoping that will inspire the senior high to play to a higher level and walk away with a win tonight.
Praying Mountain Pine has a safe trip to and from Mount Ida and everyone walks away healthy!

brotherdew

Seeing as how people sometimes like to project what the scores might be in a game prior to kick off I thought I would slip over to Calprep and see what they had to say.

neutral field
[2017] Mount Ida (AR) 42, [2017] Mountain Pine (AR) 17

Good thing the game is played on the field and not on a computer.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: brotherdew on October 27, 2017, 09:51:22 am
Seeing as how people sometimes like to project what the scores might be in a game prior to kick off I thought I would slip over to Calprep and see what they had to say.

neutral field
[2017] Mount Ida (AR) 42, [2017] Mountain Pine (AR) 17

Good thing the game is played on the field and not on a computer.

Actually, its not.  On the field it's going to be a lot worse.

Cove Man

couch-coach06

43-6 Ida or honestly as many as Ida wants

southarkdaddy

Mt Pine is going into the playoffs after getting thumped twice in a row.

stuck in between

Ida rolls to a easy win. Mt. Pine will have a tough two weeks. I had really enjoyed seeing what they had done this year prior to the feature on channel 7. To me that really put a damper on things. Might be a very good reason for the way things have shaken out, but man from an outsiders point of view it sure looks shady.

shah_guido_g

Sleet falling in MI. Should be interesting.

eldofan

shah_guido_g

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: eldofan on October 27, 2017, 04:16:11 pm
its 52 degrees

Heck it's 45° in des arc. Figured it was about 20 over there. Lol

shah_guido_g

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 27, 2017, 05:04:58 pm
Heck it's 45° in des arc. Figured it was about 20 over there. Lol
46 in MI. Nothing falling now.

jsw6f0

Mp came to play I think they will beat Foreman