• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong vs. Parkers Chapel Week 9

Started by Rida4Life, October 19, 2017, 12:32:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rida4Life

Well, since both teams are open this week we might as well get this one started early.  Who you got?
Winner is likely in the playoffs and loser is likely out.

eldofan

If Pc is to win they must finish drives . They didn't do that against Hampton or Bearden . If they finish drives we win a squeaker if not we sit at home and miss out on the playoffs

stuck in between

too bad this one cant be played this week. Then the 8 would more than likely be settled.

Risonwildcat212

I believe Strong has the better line play and a much better defense, but I believe PC has a better offense and a few more playmakers. This will come down to if Strong can stop PC it could be close. The Strong defense gave us fits, PCs......not so much. I still think PC takes this one by 14-16 points.

MagicMike

Depends on if you get the PC defense that gave up 60 to Rison or the one that holds Bearden to 8

Risonwildcat212

That's the thing, Bearden is ALL Tyler Berry. Stop him and that's it. Strong is the same. They have a really fast back that broke an 80 yarder on Rison, but the rest of the team had negative yards on the game. PC couldn't stop the run at all. I know Rison is different from Strong, but 1 back with a good line can do some serious damage to PC.

MagicMike

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 19, 2017, 01:55:41 pm
That's the thing, Bearden is ALL Tyler Berry. Stop him and that's it. Strong is the same. They have a really fast back that broke an 80 yarder on Rison, but the rest of the team had negative yards on the game. PC couldn't stop the run at all. I know Rison is different from Strong, but 1 back with a good line can do some serious damage to PC.

It's that double wing/wing t style of offense that has given pc fits this year. They match up pretty well with modern day offenses. What is strong running this year.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: MagicMike on October 19, 2017, 01:58:11 pm
It's that double wing/wing t style of offense that has given pc fits this year. They match up pretty well with modern day offenses. What is strong running this year.
Basic I formation with some spread running. Very little passing against us, mostly WR or HB bubble screens.

dawgpound

They threw the ball several times on Hampton and we had a few interceptions th qb is pretty fast

SouthBall

October 20, 2017, 08:12:29 am #9 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:15:27 am by SouthBall
PC by 14 at least, they're coming off a bye week well rested with everyone healthy and desperate to make the playoffs. I think everyone on the team, and the fans are tired of choking, hopefully they can pull this one out.

The Beast Of 08

I like P.C in this game. Both programs seem to be trending upward though with good coaching staffs so I could really see it going either way. But I think in the end P.C's athletes win out and pull out a close game.

MagicMike

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 19, 2017, 02:05:10 pm
Basic I formation with some spread running. Very little passing against us, mostly WR or HB bubble screens.

Trojans match up to that a lot better

old.dole

MagicMike

8-2A
Strong at PARKERS CHAPEL (10): Both teams were idle last week. PC can earn the fifth and final playoff seed with a victory, and five wins would be its most since 2010.

cuz

Think PC will take this one. Like the job their new coach is doing....

Rida4Life

Can't believe this game isn't getting more hype.  This is what equates to a loser leaves town match as far as the playoffs go.
I see PC winning in a shootout

Trojans 40
Strong 32

southarkdaddy

Parkers Chapel has more talent.  They also had more talent last year and Dez Newton outplayed Dez Jackson to a Strong Victory.  Will be interesting to see this matchup, especially with both teams have multiple weeks to prepare.

The Beast Of 08

southarkdaddy

At Parkers Chapel.  Will be Senior Night & Homecoming for PC

eldofan

eldofan

Curious to see what factor the rain may play

eldofan

If forecast holds out it will be a cold and rainy homecoming

The Beast Of 08

Should be an entertaining game. I might go watch if the rain holds off

trojanman

It will be raining TD's on Stong's head Friday night

eldofan

Quote from: trojanman on October 24, 2017, 11:06:02 am
It will be raining TD's on Stong's head Friday night
im being serious . Temps in mid 40s and rain. Could affect the speed of the game

trojanman

The Beast Of 08

trojanman

they may do a little raining themselves but it will be a down pour on our end

eldofan

Not sure how hard it is to switch a game night in Arkansas but with homecoming being Friday night and the weather forecast being what it is I would try to play Thursday . Temps will be near 80 that day . Lots of clear skies

MagicMike

You dont move a football game because its going to be cold and wet

bleudog

Quote from: trojanman on October 24, 2017, 01:48:00 pm
they may do a little raining themselves but it will be a down pour on our end

That just don't sound right.  :o

eldofan

Quote from: MagicMike on October 24, 2017, 10:43:43 pm
You dont move a football game because its going to be cold and wet
i agree but it's homecomimg

Rida4Life

You are implying that the coaches care about homecoming..... they are focused on the game not the festivities.
Plus there is a jr. high/7th grade game tomorrow so that won't happen.

brown2010

eldofan

Quote from: Rida4Life on October 25, 2017, 09:59:51 am
You are implying that the coaches care about homecoming..... they are focused on the game not the festivities.
Plus there is a jr. high/7th grade game tomorrow so that won't happen.
not saying they do. As a dad with 2 daughters I can see the other side now . That's all I'm saying

trojanman

Rida4Life

Quote from: eldofan on October 25, 2017, 10:41:59 am
not saying they do. As a dad with 2 daughters I can see the other side now . That's all I'm saying
Good point but a lot goes into moving a game.  Especially homecoming.  I doubt that would be an option.  Plus the weather is looking better for Friday the closer we get.  I think it'll be fine..... for PC at least.... Dawgs may not like the outcome!!!

eldofan

Yes new forecast shows rain being out by game time

MagicMike

Game of the week in union county. Looking forward to a trojan victory and a great game.

Rida4Life

Jr. Trojans dominated the Jr. High game last night. 

I heard the ran "hide the midget" for their first TD!  Lol

trojanman

Rida4Life

hahaha.... I forgot that play isn't politically correct... I'll tell the coaches they need to take it out of the playbook!

trojanman

SouthBall

Gameday! Hope everyone is ready to see an absolute showdown between these two teams! Good luck to both, but I'm thinking PC will take this one.

eldofan

I'm ready for a good game . Hopefully with a lot of hard hitting and a Pc victory .

Rida4Life

I hear PC is ready.  I expect this to be an all out war.  It always is.  Probably one of the cleanest yet hard played rivalries I've ever seen.

bleudog

HG Hornet

Quote from: Rida4Life on October 27, 2017, 09:47:28 am
Jr. Trojans dominated the Jr. High game last night. 

I heard the ran "hide the midget" for their first TD!  Lol
I tried that on my wife last night too.  Didn't work for me, though.  :)

bleudog

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 27, 2017, 08:33:57 pm

That wasn't the score I was asking about.

Old Scrapper

::)
Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 27, 2017, 08:33:57 pm
::) ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas