• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville at Blytheville

Started by JessieP, October 17, 2017, 12:42:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JessieP

October 21, 2017, 05:55:21 pm #50 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:57:32 pm by JessieP
Thank you MDX for being the voice of reason. After reading this thread I was intrigued so I ask 5 different people who actually attended the game last night. They were adamant that there was no danger to any Batesville fan, ever. The staff and Bly fans were gracious and organized. The walked over and got food, mingled and enjoyed a Friday night game. When the two players got ejected it was a case of 2 players losing there temper. I did some research, it's happened at a football game before, even at all white schools! The coaches and police acted immediately and stopped any other fights from breaking out. They kept the teams separate after the game as a precaution. Most Bly players wanted to shake hands and many came over to the Batesville coaches. Finally, there were no "thus" hanging out outside the stadium. It didn't happen, no fans were ever in any remote danger, EVER. Come on people get a grip. If you fear for your kid going to big bad Blytheville then they shouldn't play football. The most danger of the night happened between the lines.   

Rampage72501

They may not have been thugs, and they may not have even attended the game, but there were multiple people in the parking lot across the street and parking lots adjacent to the stadium parking lot off N 6th Street.  I've been going to Blytheville for multiple decades, and that's the first time I have ever seen that.  However, those people didn't seem to even be paying attention to the people leaving.

I can say that last night's atmosphere wasn't any where close to a bad atmosphere.  There was a game several years ago where it was down right scary to be in the stands. 

JessieP

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 21, 2017, 07:03:51 pm
They may not have been thugs, and they may not have even attended the game, but there were multiple people in the parking lot across the street and parking lots adjacent to the stadium parking lot off N 6th Street.  I've been going to Blytheville for multiple decades, and that's the first time I have ever seen that.  However, those people didn't seem to even be paying attention to the people leaving.

I can say that last night's atmosphere wasn't any where close to a bad atmosphere.  There was a game several years ago where it was down right scary to be in the stands.

Exactly. I agree with that. It just upset me that a Batesville fan, like myself, would say they shouldn't be allowed to host games. That's just ridiculous. There was no danger nor threats, it's a shame that someone would try to soil the reputation of Blytheville as a whole. The Bly fans were the nicest people ever from what I was told.

ISU7

Quote from: RunninJoe on October 20, 2017, 11:19:35 pm
One player pushed a ref. Another took a swing at the ref. Sad.
I was at this game it was the same kid, he didnt take a swing at the ref he knocked the ref hand off him. ::) ???

ISU7

Quote from: SWAT524 on October 21, 2017, 10:01:55 am
Refs cussing out kids ....... doubt it.
This is where youre wrong it happens all the time. Wake up... ???

ISU7

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 21, 2017, 08:13:50 am
I'm so sorry that this happened.  While of course I want to beat the Chicks when we play, I really feel for the Blytheville kids, many/most of whom are being raised in very difficult circumstances.   Of course there is no excuse for touching an official,  I have to wonder what circumstances the two boys were raised in that would allow them to make such a poor decision.  While, for their sake and as example to their teammates,  they need to suffer significant and appropriate consequences for their actions,  I  hope their prior behavior and demonstration of remorse position them to remain a part of the team.  Regardless, Rehabilitative Justice is a term and practice I hope can be practiced with these boys.
When kids are on a team they are in the hands of the coaches, how they are raised at home has nothing too do with them playing on a team in which its the coaches job too discipline them, but then to you would say this about Blytheville kids. PS nobody's perfect look at coach Rick Pitino and he's a grown man..hmmmmm/

ISU7

Quote from: Gravelbar on October 21, 2017, 09:43:07 am
Some people I know that went to the game last night said it was not a good environment for players or fans.  The players and coaches were locked into the field and the Bly fans forced to leave.  Police had to form a human chain of sorts to protect fans and players from thug groups gathered there.  If kids have to go to play in that type of environment then that school should lose it's ability to host home games.  I have zero tolerance for this type of behavior at a high school sporting events.  If they can't create a safe area for players and fans, then be required to play on the road until they do.
I'm not from Blytheville but Friday night was my second game at Blytheville. Whoever told you that lie has to be a wimp. I myself would never attend a place where i felt it was not safe, I sit on the batesville side and there was no such threat too the players are fans or i would've left. Just sad how other towns act like nothing happens in their towns, Batesville is no different.

Raider2011

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 21, 2017, 07:03:51 pm

I'm from Blytheville, most ppl who gather in that parking lot after games are individuals or groups waiting for rides home, or simply standing out enjoying each other until the police clear the area after sufficient time has been allotted for mingling.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: ISU7 on October 21, 2017, 11:35:53 pm
When kids are on a team they are in the hands of the coaches, how they are raised at home has nothing too do with them playing on a team in which its the coaches job too discipline them, but then to you would say this about Blithely kids. PS nobody's perfect look at coach Rick Pitino and he's a grown man..hmmmmm/
Huh?  While I understand but disagree with your conjecture concerning the impact of the home environment on a child's behavior at school or on a team, the rest of your post is indecipherable.

Gravelbar

Quote from: Raider2011 on October 22, 2017, 02:29:14 am
I'm from Blytheville, most ppl who gather in that parking lot after games are individuals or groups waiting for rides home, or simply standing out enjoying each other until the police clear the area after sufficient time has been allotted for mingling.
Until the police clear the area?

Gravelbar

Quote from: JessieP on October 21, 2017, 05:55:21 pm
Thank you MDX for being the voice of reason. After reading this thread I was intrigued so I ask 5 different people who actually attended the game last night. They were adamant that there was no danger to any Batesville fan, ever. The staff and Bly fans were gracious and organized. The walked over and got food, mingled and enjoyed a Friday night game. When the two players got ejected it was a case of 2 players losing there temper. I did some research, it's happened at a football game before, even at all white schools! The coaches and police acted immediately and stopped any other fights from breaking out. They kept the teams separate after the game as a precaution. Most Bly players wanted to shake hands and many came over to the Batesville coaches. Finally, there were no "thus" hanging out outside the stadium. It didn't happen, no fans were ever in any remote danger, EVER. Come on people get a grip. If you fear for your kid going to big bad Blytheville then they shouldn't play football. The most danger of the night happened between the lines.
So the people I talked to lied about what they saw?  No human police chain shielding players, no thugs gathered at the gates, no handshakes, or ushering out of the stadium?  I'll ask them again.  If this version is true, think about that for just a moment.  Obviously, you were not there either, so you and I both are just giving other people's version, so you and I both need to back out of this one probably since we are just repeating someone else version.  I'm backing out since I wasn't there and didn't see it for myself.

Raider2011

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas