• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 2A Top Ten--Week 8

Started by Mike Bonds, October 16, 2017, 04:39:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.  Rison
2.  Mount Ida
3.  Danville
4.  Earle
5.  Camden Harmony Grove
6.  Hector
7.  Conway Christian
8.  Foreman
9.  McCrory
10.  Mountain Pine

bearfan

That's a joke having Danville that high

Hgalum50

Fearless Friday undergrounds top 10 is a joke and they are so biased worse than Hootens tbh!

AT

Agreed that Danville is high. Also, although this guy started FF, this is not the same as the FF underground top ten...I don't think.

Also what is FF biased towards?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 16, 2017, 07:15:23 pm
Agreed that Danville is high. Also, although this guy started FF, this is not the same as the FF underground top ten...I don't think.

P.A 8)

Hgalum50

October 16, 2017, 08:01:37 pm #5 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:06:03 pm by Hgalum50

Its not the same, I just didn't want to start a whole thread over that. The Beavers dude is the main one that is biased. I just feel like he always looks over some really good teams such as CHG, and not that I'm from there. I call things how I see them. Mercy Rule Bearden, Mercy Rule a decent Hampton team, hang with Glen Rose. I mean come on now give credit where it is due.

Mike Bonds

CHG jumped about 4 spots in my poll this week. There can be an argument for Danville too high; they've been fortunate with the schedule, but with two open dates before the end of the regular season, there's a chance that teams with more impressive wins could pass them.

Mike Bonds

I don't vote in the FF Underground poll. Lanny isn't the only voter in that poll, either.

Old Scrapper

You guys put to much feelings into a top 10 poll by just everyday joes like yourselves! It doesn't make the team you cheer for any better or worse if they don't make it.

Wildcat Fan

I think CHG and Danville should be swapped

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Old Scrapper on October 16, 2017, 09:34:02 pm
You guys put to much feelings into a top 10 poll by just everyday joes like yourselves! It doesn't make the team you cheer for any better or worse if they don't make it.

I tell people everyday when I make rankings on our page. It's easy to criticize someone's rankings when you aren't making any effort to make their own...

wiseguy

Quote from: Old Scrapper on October 16, 2017, 09:34:02 pm
True- some people get bent out of shape if you don't rank their team high enough ;D

Hgalum50

I'm not even really mad about the rankings, I just feel like they always talking about 3 or 4 specific teams and leave out other important teams that could ruin their views. PB has probably the best rankings out of all the sources for them.

Cove Man

What am I missing about Mt. Pine? They beat Cutter Morning Star 8-7. How are they #10?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Cove Man on October 17, 2017, 10:40:08 am
What am I missing about Mt. Pine? They beat Cutter Morning Star 8-7. How are they #10?

I mean, they have the Lake Hamilton transfer. They have a pretty decent sized line. Just only dress out 19 players. I don't see them beating foreman or mt Ida. BUT, they are trending back up from their good days.

Wrestlingbeaver13

How can the undefeated, defending state champs,  NOT BE #1?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wrestlingbeaver13 on October 18, 2017, 07:43:31 am
How can the undefeated, defending state champs,  NOT BE #1?

What's 2016 got to do with 2017?

lionsdad

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 18, 2017, 07:56:21 am
What's 2016 got to do with 2017?
Everything when you consider how many returning contributers Mount Ida has from last year. They are better than last year.

Wrestlingbeaver13

Exactly! Mt. Ida won it all last year with a bunch of. Sophomore contributors ! The defending champs have to be #1 until somebody knocks them off.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Wrestlingbeaver13 on October 18, 2017, 08:33:24 am
Exactly! Mt. Ida won it all last year with a bunch of. Sophomore contributors ! The defending champs have to be #1 until somebody knocks them off.
Especially since they remain undefeated.

jag4life

Keep putting mccrory on the bottom. We been there before and we will see where we are after playoffs.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wrestlingbeaver13 on October 18, 2017, 08:33:24 am

Why? In week 8...what happened in 2016 should have minimum effects on this season in an opinion poll...but that's just my opinion...

lionsdad

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 18, 2017, 10:12:42 am
Why? In week 8...what happened in 2016 should have minimum effects on this season in an opinion poll...but that's just my opinion...
In my opinion, if it were Rison or Junction with all these returning players, there would be no question they would be ranked number one. It's the perception that Mount Ida has no "athletes or team speed". They are just good football players. These juniors and seniors have been winning games they weren't supposed to their whole careers. Yes it matters, because they expect to win. Any poll without these defending champs as number one is invalid...... in my opinion.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: lionsdad on October 19, 2017, 08:12:49 am
In my opinion, if it were Rison or Junction with all these returning players, there would be no question they would be ranked number one. It's the perception that Mount Ida has no "athletes or team speed". They are just good football players. These juniors and seniors have been winning games they weren't supposed to their whole careers. Yes it matters, because they expect to win. Any poll without these defending champs as number one is invalid...... in my opinion.

Print them off and hang them in the field house in Mt Ida

Hornet4ever

Mt. Pine is in this top 10 still.

Seriously.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: lionsdad on October 19, 2017, 08:12:49 am
It's not disrespect to Mount Ida. It's respect to programs that are consistent. Teams like Rison have long histories of success, and teams like Junction have a ton of recent success.

lionsdad

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 19, 2017, 08:13:23 pm
It's not disrespect to Mount Ida. It's respect to programs that are consistent. Teams like Rison have long histories of success, and teams like Junction have a ton of recent success.
No it is disrespectful to this Mount Ida team. End of story. Long or recent history doesn't matter when considering the immediate facts.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: lionsdad on October 19, 2017, 08:35:30 pm
No it is disrespectful to this Mount Ida team. End of story. Long or recent history doesn't matter when considering the immediate facts.

Not being a unanimous #1 is disrespectful?..which player is your son?

lionsdad

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 19, 2017, 08:38:18 pm
Not being a unanimous #1 is disrespectful?..which player is your son?
Just stirring the pot. It's what I do.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: lionsdad on October 19, 2017, 08:50:47 pm
Just stirring the pot. It's what I do.

:D

Just remember occasionally you gotta lick the spoon too....

lionsdad

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 19, 2017, 08:53:42 pm
:D
Dually noted. 🤣

Just remember occasionally you gotta lick the spoon too....

FilmCrew

When was Rison's last Championship?

ThreadWatcher

jsw6f0

Mt Ida will be #1 after CHG beats Rison Friday.

lionsdad

October 19, 2017, 10:40:50 pm #34 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:47:37 am by lionsdad

Stir stir stir

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: jsw6f0 on October 19, 2017, 09:43:38 pm
Mt Ida will be #1 after CHG beats Rison Friday.
No CHG will jump them to #1

lionsdad

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 19, 2017, 09:06:10 pm
When was Rison's last Championship?
Who knows? Fearless has Mount Ida' s only championship as 2007.

HorseFeathers

Risons last title was 2004....they lost to McCrory in the finals 2 years ago.

FilmCrew

Let me be the first to say....... This Top Ten missed the target slightly.

And the new top spot goes to......... You Guessed it Mountain Pine!!

Hgalum50

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas