• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harding Academy vs. Rose Bud

Started by CoolBreeze, October 15, 2017, 02:03:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolBreeze

Will HA be able to snap back after being dominated by Mayflower and take care of business at Rosebud? Or will the host Ramblers shake off consecutive crushing losses to get back in the win column?

Thoughts?

Bwana

I'll take HA in a blow out.. I would really like to see HA healthy before the playoffs if that's possible.. Can't remember a HA team (and I do mean almost the entire team) this beat up in recent times..

panther07

Quote from: Bwana on October 15, 2017, 03:51:57 pm
I'll take HA in a blow out.. I would really like to see HA healthy before the playoffs if that's possible.. Can't remember a HA team (and I do mean almost the entire team) this beat up in recent times..

I think they're going to get healthy by that time.  Still will have some OL out from season ending, but I think they'll get skill guys back by then. 

Paperman

Skip Baymore

Quote from: panther07 on October 15, 2017, 04:39:24 pm
I think they're going to get healthy by that time.  Still will have some OL out from season ending, but I think they'll get skill guys back by then.

Love the optimism Panther, but what you just said kind of reflects how beat up HA has been by not mentioning Harlow, Koch and some others who are injured, lol.   The Wildcats are still fielding some really excellent players at this time, knock on wood, but as long as they leave it all on the field, I'm good with what happens.  They should go 3-0 in the next three games, IMO.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on October 15, 2017, 04:39:24 pm
What about Harlow with a broken wrist? When will he be available? Don't broken bones normally take 6-8 weeks to heal?

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 16, 2017, 11:56:19 am
What about Harlow with a broken wrist? When will he be available? Don't broken bones normally take 6-8 weeks to heal?

My understanding is there is a likelihood of him being able to play this week.  Put a plate in his arm, so i guess that might help with the recovery time. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on October 16, 2017, 12:29:10 pm
My understanding is there is a likelihood of him being able to play this week.  Put a plate in his arm, so i guess that might help with the recovery time.
If there's any chance of reinjury, I wouldn't risk it. Although he will need some PT to get into top form by the playoffs.

Williebe147

Quote from: Bwana on October 15, 2017, 03:51:57 pm

The Wildcats by 24 points. Rose Bud easy games are over.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Williebe147 on October 16, 2017, 05:09:40 pm
         The Wildcats by 24 points. Rose Bud easy games are over.

What games are "easy" for a program that forfeited seven games two previous seasons?  If they were "easy" - why didn't RB beat them last year?

Harding will win and win big.  Depth, size, tradition, talent, etc. that RB does not have. Good for them and the kids at RB taking steps forward, though.

HorseFeathers

TheGovernor

Taking harding in this one. Ramblers are down to around 18 players from what I gather. After consecutive blowout losses, player injuries and players quitting I don't see a win for them. I look for the wildcats to use this game as a platform to bounce back to their winning ways. This is just the game the wildcats need to start building back momentum.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: TheGovernor on October 17, 2017, 06:42:19 am
Taking harding in this one. Ramblers are down to around 18 players from what I gather. After consecutive blowout losses, player injuries and players quitting I don't see a win for them. I look for the wildcats to use this game as a platform to bounce back to their winning ways. This is just the game the wildcats need to start building back momentum.
They will need it. As the likely 4-seed, they would get Osceola or Rivercrest in Round 1 of the playoffs.

Old Ball Coach

October 18, 2017, 11:11:00 am #13 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:15:28 am by Old Ball Coach
Cats will finish 6-4 and travel to Osceola or Rivercrest. That will be a tough draw. It's been since 2004 since H.A. has had more than 4 losses and not won a playoff game. They haven't finished less than second in the conference (until now) since '04 either. Rose Bud's a year away from putting any scare into the Wildcats.          H.A by 24

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Old Ball Coach on October 18, 2017, 11:11:00 am
Cats will finish 6-4 and travel to Osceola or Rivercrest. That will be a tough draw. It's been since 2004 since H.A. has had more than 4 losses and not won a playoff game. They haven't finished less than second in the conference (until now) since '04 either. Rose Bud's a year away from putting any scare into the Wildcats.          H.A by 24
Agree on all points, except that I suspect the projected 24-point margin might be conservative.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 18, 2017, 11:46:14 am
Agree on all points, except that I suspect the projected 24-point margin might be conservative.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the clock run. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on October 18, 2017, 12:47:09 pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see the clock run.
Panther, have you heard anything about Koch's availability? Those high ankle sprains can be tricky.

Skip Baymore

October 18, 2017, 11:14:37 pm #17 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:28:32 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Old Ball Coach on October 18, 2017, 11:11:00 am

And only finished 2nd three times? since then.  Yea, either of those teams will be a tough matchup for HA this year.  The Wildcats just need to play hard, go 6-4 and have a winning season.  That actually would amount to a pretty respectable year for this years HA team, given all the injuries and a couple of close games that they most definitely could have and maybe should have won.   I'm gonna predict HA by somewhere in the range of 10 to 28.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 18, 2017, 05:06:55 pm
Panther, have you heard anything about Koch's availability? Those high ankle sprains can be tricky.

Don't know that he's playing. Don't think they see the need to rush him back at this point. Not positive on Harlow either, but I think good chance he plays. He was almost cleared to play against Cedar Ridge.

CoolBreeze

Now that several have posted, I will state my prediction. HA wins, but the margin could be anywhere from two touchdowns to half a dozen depending on which Wildcat team shows up. If they play up to their capability and the players recently back from injury are completely ready to pay, the running clock should begin around halftime.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas