• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burg @ Hackett Round Two!

Started by Dragonsvoice, October 14, 2017, 08:13:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

raven

Burg was unstoppable, best game I think I've seen these boys play all year.

DnA Prostaff

How in the world did Danville beat Burg so bad? I hate to admit this, but Mountainburg brought it to us and made us like it.   #5 might be the fastest kid I've ever seen run.  Big, physical.... Total package.   Best team I believe I've seen from Burg in a long time.

Hornet4ever

I'm disappointed in our loss, but proud of our boys. We've put in a lot of hard work this season! I'd like to re-iterate what Rattler24 said as well, this conference is going to be pretty good next few years. Magazine will finally get re-loaded from the talented junior high, Hackett will return pretty much everyone, and if Burg keeps on the right track they will be VERY tough. With Danville leaving we get Hector in return which is always stout...

Hackett is still very young with a very talented junior high moving up who only has one game left (hopefully wins and stays undefeated) and a conference title under their belt. The future is bright for the 4-2A and I'm excited for more exciting future games with our conference foes.

Once again, congrats Burg on a outstanding victory and good luck in the playoffs, I would bet big money you will hurt someone's feelings come playoff time. Probably the best Burg team I've seen and I've seen a bunch.

Chief Sitting Dragon

I was at Danville And Burg Game. I think Danville beat them bad due to the awful injury #17 on Burg suffered. It looked to me like Burg players were more concerned with his condition and the mental state of the other Burg player who hit him than with the game. I heard several of them come to stands during game and ask for updates on hurt player. They did not play with any fire or intensity after he was hurt on second possession. Thats not to say Danville would not have won anyway, but I would like to see them play each other again. They destroyed Hackett tonight. And it could have been worse.

estep0520

Westside will be good with the talented sophomore class that they have. As 9th graders they got third in conference and each of them games were close

raven

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on October 20, 2017, 10:59:32 pm
How in the world did Danville beat Burg so bad? I hate to admit this, but Mountainburg brought it to us and made us like it.   #5 might be the fastest kid I've ever seen run.  Big, physical.... Total package.   Best team I believe I've seen from Burg in a long time.

Sometimes teams just have a bad night and along with that serious injury their heads weren't in the game. 

DnA Prostaff

Well I too have seen a lot of Burg teams, well done Dragons. 3 things impressed me.
1. As the dragons were leaving the field from pregame warm up. The national anthem began....they came back, stood with hands over hearts. THANK YOU!
2.  The completely knock you to the ground, (several big hitters) help you up, slap your butt or high five ya, and do it again next play.   Very classy.

3.  #5....wow.... They should call him wheels, kid can fly.

Hats off to the Dragons and the coaching staff. Earned my respect. I've eaten my crow. Good luck the rest of the way.

Prouddragondad

I want to say Thank You to Coach Hester for what he said to my son and our qb after the game. Not going to repeat what he said but it meant a lot to them two boys. Class act once again Thank You Coach Hester. Wish you guys nothing but the best in the playoffs. IMO Hackett will be the best 3 seed in playoffs and wouldn't want to draw them cause Coach Hester's son is hard to tackle that boy got some moves and speed at qb. Good luck Hackett in playoffs!

Dragonsvoice

I wish I could have been at the game sounds like da burg brought their a game. i am glad everyone is giving these players the credit they have earned. proud of you guys get ready for the rattlers next week then it will be time for the playoffs Roll Blue!!!

bigworm

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 21, 2017, 06:56:56 am
I want to say Thank You to Coach Hester for what he said to my son and our qb after the game. Not going to repeat what he said but it meant a lot to them two boys. Class act once again Thank You Coach Hester. Wish you guys nothing but the best in the playoffs. IMO Hackett will be the best 3 seed in playoffs and wouldn't want to draw them cause Coach Hester's son is hard to tackle that boy got some moves and speed at qb. Good luck Hackett in playoffs!

I will go out on a limb and bet that someone from the 8 2A will argue who the best 3 seed is.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bigworm on October 21, 2017, 11:10:53 pm
I will go out on a limb and bet that someone from the 8 2A will argue who the best 3 seed is.

Every league would argue their 3 seed is better than the next. I wouldn't say we are the best 3 seed, but I would have no problem saying we aren't the worst.

bigworm

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 22, 2017, 03:30:38 pm
Every league would argue their 3 seed is better than the next. I wouldn't say we are the best 3 seed, but I would have no problem saying we aren't the worst.

Im not saying Hackett isnt the best 3 seed. I just know how them 8 2A folks are. And most of the time they probably do have the best 3 seed.

beach bum

Mountainburg keeps playing like this then you will see them facing Mount Ida in the quarterfinals which may be a buzz saw that no one may be stopping from Mount Ida. They are something else as a program. That said, Mountainburg has to be one of the better stories of this season in 2A. I hope they can win a couple playoff games and be playing the day after Thanksgiving.

young_gun

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 20, 2017, 10:13:59 pm
Hey young gun want you ask Hackett about that gimmick offense burg has 47 points with a gimmick offense I'll take that all day

Gimmick- a trick or device intended to attract attention

Meant no disrespect when I said it. It's a crazy offense built on misdirection and eye candy. Congrats to Burg on the big win. Now carry that over to the playoffs! The 4-2A will be a conference to be reckoned with.

Prouddragondad

Hopefully beach bum your right I would love to see Mtburg in the 3rd round and young gun just giving you a hard time. Mtburg is playing with a lot of confidence right now and hopefully it does carry over into the playoffs. I also think the 4-2a conference could possibly win several games in the playoffs.

Allen T

The 4-2A is a stronger conf. then most people think. You usually hear a lot about the teams down south and they usually are very good. This year people will be talking about the boys from 4-2A. Danville, Mountainburg and Hackett could do very well in the playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas