• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover @ Junction City.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, October 13, 2017, 09:49:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 16, 2017, 05:18:24 pm
I beg to differ, Oldman. Since they play in such a weak conference, they qualify for the playoffs almost automatically. So it will take 4 weeks for their season to end.

Just as long as they remain focused on football!

3cats

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 16, 2017, 12:16:59 pm
Harding (3-4) mercy-ruled the Bucks. What makes you think the undefeated Dragons won't?

[And, yes, I know that was way back in week 2, yada, yada, yada.]
Is 49-21 considered mercy ruled now??

JC Guy

Quote from: 3cats on October 16, 2017, 08:53:43 pm
If the clock starts running and you get back above the 35 point deficit that doesn't reverse the mercy rule.

THA TRUTH

I want to know prouds bias pick and then his 42 sports "expert" pick

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 16, 2017, 09:19:27 pm
I want to know prouds bias pick and then his 42 sports "expert" pick

The Smackover part of me says Smackover wins by 2 points.

42 Sports says.....JC by 12.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 3cats on October 16, 2017, 08:53:43 pm
The score was 49-14 before a late touchdown against the backups.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 16, 2017, 10:02:54 pm
The score was 49-14 before a late touchdown against the backups.

Not really certain. But I don't think backups were ever in for HA. Maybe I missed it but I saw mostly starters stay in the game.

panther07

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 16, 2017, 10:04:38 pm
Not really certain. But I don't think backups were ever in for HA. Maybe I missed it but I saw mostly starters stay in the game.

Not true... but if it were, that makes it much much more respectable. Almost pulled it off.

panther07

If JC has their guys healthy, I think it gets pretty lopsided.

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 16, 2017, 09:30:13 pm
The Smackover part of me says Smackover wins by 2 points.

42 Sports says.....JC by 12.

42 Sports is closer

WHITEchicken

Skip Baymore

October 16, 2017, 11:59:58 pm #61 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:09:06 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 13, 2017, 09:49:40 pm
Let's get it started....

This game coming in is way more interesting than I would have thought a few weeks ago.  Congrats. to Smackover on a really good win last week.  Don't know about the JC quarterback situation but still think they will be stronger across the board.  The Bucks seem to be getting better as the season goes.   Not sure if JC is. 

dragondad

"HOOTENS.COM GAME OF THE WEEK
No. 8 Smackover at No. 1 Junction City
Teams are 4-0 in league play and the winner likely claims conference title. Smackover expects to play without three two-way starters. Junction City has been without starting tight end/defensive lineman DaQuann Ford the past two weeks, and senior quarterback Shuvasicaye Frazier will be a game-time decision. Junction City is the highest-scoring (50.2 ppg) and top scoring defense (17 ppg) team in the 6-3A. Dragon running back Hishmma Taylor has rushed for 1,476 yards and 15 touchdowns this year. Look for Junction City's hurry-up, no-huddle to wear down a Smackover defense with little depth."

http://www.hootens.com/10-16-2017/class-3a-week-8-rankings-notes--picks/6244.html 

Proud Buckaroo

The only thing I disagree with is the wearing down Smackover. With only 25 kids. Most of all the kids have been playing every single game the entire game. As well as they play hurry up as well.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 17, 2017, 09:28:27 am
The only thing I disagree with is the wearing down Smackover. With only 25 kids. Most of all the kids have been playing every single game the entire game. As well as they play hurry up as well.
They still get worn down in the 2nd half when it's 90+. Huge advantage when players are playing one way. That's when you start seeing a broken tackle here and a missed block there. Doesn't take many of those to lose a ball game.

ISU7

dragondad

October 17, 2017, 01:51:31 pm #66 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:34:06 pm by dragondad
Quote from: Oldman on October 17, 2017, 10:17:19 am
They still get worn down in the 2nd half when it's 90+. Huge advantage when players are playing one way. That's when you start seeing a broken tackle here and a missed block there. Doesn't take many of those to lose a ball game.

One advantage JC has is that only a couple play O and D, and even then they don't always.

TheLakeMan

Game time21

Junction about to run all over that shallow defence

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Game time21 on October 17, 2017, 02:18:48 pm
Defence is what keeps the dogs in your yard.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Game time21 on October 17, 2017, 02:18:48 pm

Man, what kind of fence is that?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on October 17, 2017, 02:32:19 pm
Defence is what keeps the dogs in your yard.
But it may not be strong enough to contain Dragons.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 17, 2017, 03:43:29 pm
But it may not be strong enough to contain Dragons.
But dragons can't fit under a mobile home.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on October 17, 2017, 03:51:18 pm
But dragons can't fit under a mobile home.
But they can knock it down.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on October 17, 2017, 01:45:26 pm
JC by 17
As much as I'd like to see Smackover put the Dragons' fire out, I just don't see it happening.

Paperman

I say Bucks get the upset! (Only supporting my friend the Proud Buckaroo). But I wouldn't be surprised to see JC win by double digits!

dragondad

WHITEchicken

Biggest game of the year for both of these programs so far and only 16 pages on the mobile app. I guess we have all got older and more mature or everyone has stopped posting.

bleudog

dragondad

Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 20, 2017, 07:18:45 am
Biggest game of the year for both of these programs so far and only 16 pages on the mobile app. I guess we have all got older and more mature or everyone has stopped posting.

Clinton and Mayflower stole the show.

panther07

JC big.  At least 3 scores.  Wish Hootens was a bookie.  I'll take JC giving up 14 all day. 

sickwillie

I hope the best for Smackover, but I think JC wins this one by 21+

Proud Buckaroo

With PC and Strong do not have games tonight. I figured they would make their way to JC for this game. It's going to be a packed house!!!!

Always a great atmosphere when these two teams get together.

panther07

Buck, didn't I See there was a livestream somewhere? May have to keep tabs while HA drums RB

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: panther07 on October 20, 2017, 11:13:02 am
Buck, didn't I See there was a livestream somewhere? May have to keep tabs while HA drums RB

There is two live streams. You can either watch the Smackover one or the JC one.

https://www.ustream.tv/channel/ZnSAy6NN6sW

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jc-dragons-football

bleudog

Coltfan2005

I suggest watching the smackover one. Much more professionally done.

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 20, 2017, 04:59:55 pm
I suggest watching the smackover one. Much more professionally done.

They got big money in SmackTown

thabeast428

Headhunter15

Headhunter15

14-0 smack at the half. I like what I'm seeing out of them.lets Keep this train rolling the rest of the way

owl84

cuz

Didn't think JC could play any worse than last week, WRONG. They're continuing to backslide. No offense at all inside the 20 4 times and can't score. On the 2 yd line and can't score. No motivation at all and stupid mistakes. . You can't do that and win.....

cuz

October 20, 2017, 08:15:43 pm #93 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:18:38 pm by cuz
Quote from: owl84 on October 20, 2017, 08:09:09 pm
Is the JC QB and RB still out?
Thats one and the same and yes he's still out but no excuse for the lazy play Junction is preforming....

BUCK FEVER

LOL....REFS IS GIVING THIS ONE TO JC.......NOT SURPRISED.

sax2play8

thabeast428

Here we go with this. Lol refs have been calling bad on both sides of the ball

bleudog

thabeast428

BUCK FEVER

ANOTHER HORRIBLE CALL.....REFS, WIN THIS ONE....lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas