• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover @ Junction City.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, October 13, 2017, 09:49:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dragondad

# of Plays: Bucks 62 / Dragons 73

Time of Poss:  Bucks 24:35 / Dragons 23:25

Total Offense: Bucks 202 / Dragons 363

Rushing Att - Yds: Bucks 36 - 93 / Dragons 65 - 301

Passing: Comp - Att - Yds: Bucks 11 - 26 - 109 / Dragons 3 - 8 - 62

Interceptions: Bucks 3 / Dragons 1

Turnovers: Bucks 4 / Dragons 2

Def Sacks: Bucks 0 / Dragons 2

Penalties - Yds:  Bucks 14 - 120 / Dragons 10 - 93

bleudog

2001 L,   0 - 33
2002 L,   0 - 35
2003 L,   0 - 61
2004 L,   6 - 50
2005 W, 41 - 21 (current Dragon HC was starting Dragon QB)
2006 L,   0 - 51
2007 L,   0 - 48
2008 L,   7 - 40
2009 L,   0 - 49
2014 L, 19 - 33
2015 L,   7 - 13
2016 L, 14 - 17
2017 L, 14 - 36

thabeast428

Guess refs cheated for us in all those games too 😂

dragondad

Quote from: thabeast428 on October 21, 2017, 12:01:00 pm
Guess refs cheated for us in all those games too 😂

And the first 7 games this season

bleudog

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover just got away with what was working and tried to get pass happy. Two INTs and a fumble that led to three scores. That was the difference in the game. Officiating was overall poor the whole game. Not just one sided. Emotions were high on both sides. Refs missed a bunch of stuff.

amehr36

The difference in the game every year is JC is better.

thabeast428

It definitely was an emotional game for both and ur right smackover stopped running the ball and got pass happy. But end of day jc took advantage of those mistakes

WHITEchicken

Jc up 20-14 and smack had the ball around midfield. Smack throws a pass on 3rd and 20. Complete pass and ball carrier 30 yards down field and what Do I see? A flag on our qb behind the line of scrimmage for what? Holding...haha the play ended close to the end zone and then had to come back. That was one of those plays that completely changed the game. Both defenses played well. I know the score doesn't show that but they did. Bucks I think get the 2 and Jc the one seed.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 21, 2017, 02:25:55 pm
Jc up 20-14 and smack had the ball around midfield. Smack throws a pass on 3rd and 20. Complete pass and ball carrier 30 yards down field and what Do I see? A flag on our qb behind the line of scrimmage for what? Holding...haha the play ended close to the end zone and then had to come back. That was one of those plays that completely changed the game. Both defenses played well. I know the score doesn't show that but they did. Bucks I think get the 2 and Jc the one seed.
I wish our QB was good enough to complete a pass and hold on the same play. PB said your guys were in better shape than everyone else but that's impressive.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 21, 2017, 02:25:55 pm

If u look at the video u can see the hold that was called  but idk where the qb doing the holding came from

BigBrother

Factually pale chicky one of your receivers tore the Jersey off a JC dB stud. Fleg was not behind qb but at about the  40. Quit whining. Held JC all night got one maybe two calls.

Skip Baymore

October 22, 2017, 12:38:33 am #162 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:55:27 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 21, 2017, 01:31:22 pm
Smackover just got away with what was working and tried to get pass happy. Two INTs and a fumble that led to three scores. That was the difference in the game. Officiating was overall poor the whole game. Not just one sided. Emotions were high on both sides. Refs missed a bunch of stuff.

I like the Bucks team this year and even some more after this game.   Just going to leave it at that.

Da Thump

October 22, 2017, 02:40:02 am #163 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 03:37:17 am by Da Thump
Who can enroll at JC?  Is it an open enrollment charter school?  JC obviously has a fine team and tradition.  If you can bring in athletes from other communities, I am not sure what the difference is between a charter school and private school for enrollment other than cost of attendance.  At some point AAA needs to look at the issue and hopefully resolve it like some other states and place private schools in conferences based on something other than enrollment.  JC dropping to 2A with their athletes is a joke.   Could Fouke and Genoa compete in this conference if they could pull athletes from Arkansas High, Liberty Eylau, and Texas High?   I am not sure how JC could compete with Evangel, Shiloh Christian, or Pulaski Academy.  Each of these private schools have class athletic programs, I am not sure placing them in conferences based on enrollment has the teams on equal footing when the top teams from multiple conferences are in the private/charter school category.  Not positive where a charter school should compare with a private school. In the mean time kuddos to JC and their team.   They are impressive. 

BigBrother

Geez smacks you taken up Mt Holley norphlet and still can't beat JC. Now you want to call them private school. Hey go get strong and PC and maybe y'all will have a chance

cuz

Quote from: Da Thump on October 22, 2017, 02:40:02 am
Who can enroll at JC?  Is it an open enrollment charter school?  JC obviously has a fine team and tradition.  If you can bring in athletes from other communities, I am not sure what the difference is between a charter school and private school for enrollment other than cost of attendance.  At some point AAA needs to look at the issue and hopefully resolve it like some other states and place private schools in conferences based on something other than enrollment.  JC dropping to 2A with their athletes is a joke.   Could Fouke and Genoa compete in this conference if they could pull athletes from Arkansas High, Liberty Eylau, and Texas High?   I am not sure how JC could compete with Evangel, Shiloh Christian, or Pulaski Academy.  Each of these private schools have class athletic programs, I am not sure placing them in conferences based on enrollment has the teams on equal footing when the top teams from multiple conferences are in the private/charter school category.  Not positive where a charter school should compare with a private school. In the mean time kuddos to JC and their team.   They are impressive.
Such a original post but seriously we get most our players from La Tech....😉

dragondad

October 22, 2017, 10:11:41 am #166 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:16:28 am by dragondad
Who can enroll at JC?  Is it an open enrollment charter school?  JC obviously has a fine team and tradition.  If you can bring in athletes from other communities, I am not sure what the difference is between a charter school and private school for enrollment other than cost of attendance.  At some point AAA needs to look at the issue and hopefully resolve it like some other states and place private schools in conferences based on something other than enrollment.  JC dropping to 2A with their athletes is a joke.........

Only students within an approx 9 mile area south of the state line can enroll.  They do not pay "tuition", the state of LA pays more for those students to attend JC than AR pays for the kids North of the line.  On any given year the football team has only four to six kids on average that reside south of the state line.  This year's team has only two starters, that I'm aware of, that reside south of the line and one of those was out with an injury for three games.

Interestingly enough,  our QB, RB's, and WR's this season are all AR residents.   I know thats hurting those who think LA kids are the secret to the success of JC.

bleudog

October 22, 2017, 10:17:18 am #167 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:23:15 am by bleudog
........I am not sure how JC could compete with Evangel, Shiloh Christian, or Pulaski Academy.........

Evangel - Private school drawing from a 2014 MSA population area estimated at: 445,142

Shiloh Christian - Private school drawing from a 2014 MSA population area estimated at: 501,653

Pulaski Academy - Private school drawing from a 2014 MSA population area estimated at: 902,443

Junction City, AR School District - Public school drawing from an area that has one school, one post office and one stoplight.

C'mon man.  ::)

dragondad

Quote from: bleudog on October 22, 2017, 10:17:18 am
Evangel - Private school drawing from a 2014 MSA population area estimated at: 445,142

Shiloh Christian - Private school drawing from a 2014 MSA population area estimated at: 501,653

Pulaski Academy - Private school drawing from a 2014 MSA population area estimated at: 902,443

Junction City, AR School District - Public school drawing from an area that has one school with less than 800 students K-12, one post office and one stoplight.

Half a stop light,  the other half is in LA.  LOL!

But hey, we do have a florist, a convienice store, an auto mechanic, and a Dollar General.  :-)

CoolBreeze

Quote from: dragondad on October 22, 2017, 10:23:56 am

But hey, we do have a florist, a convienice store, an auto mechanic, and a Dollar General.  :-)
Good one, DD. LOL!

bleudog

October 22, 2017, 06:13:14 pm #170 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:27:54 pm by bleudog
Quote from: dragondad on October 22, 2017, 10:23:56 am

One town.  One school.  One stop light.

I'm pretty sure I saw that on a booster club t-shirt.  ;D

WHITEchicken

Wasn't whining BB. I was just saying what I saw on the play. Look d like it was thrown at the feet of our qb and judging by his reaction I thought it was called on him. Jc won the game and I did not say that the refs caused them to do so. What I can say is that the game was a lot closer than the score showed and that both defenses played well. I am not a JC hater and I don't blame games on refs, I talk about what I see.

Da Thump

Junction City, AR School District - Public school drawing from an area that has one school, one post office and one stoplight.

Glad to see you agree an open enrollment school should look at MSA.  Junction City would need to include Eldorado's (top 10 team in Arkansas) population along with the two parishes they draw students.  JC might be the exception but most schools look at the $ signs for a student enrollment and not where the student lives.  Desegregation orders seem to help prevent the most flagrant violations.  When smaller schools live next to larger communities the residency issue can cloud the judgement of who is eligible and who is not due to money and athletics.

My point was/is there is a problem in classifications when many of the top teams in each classification come from open enrollment schools.  Other states have recognized the issue and have put rules into effect to help consider the competitive edge the process can give schools.

Having watched JC play I think they would be competitive in 4a.  Might not be dominant and consistently mercy ruling the teams they play. 

When was the last time JC fielded a .500 team?

Once again nothing against JC, they have a great program and athletes.  The kids going to school would receive the same education regardless what classification they play.  Just as many college scholarships would be offered regardless of classification. 

Are some of the athletes due to a competitive edge in enrollment?  I don't know, but when a school is consistently dominant when compared to others their same size it causes one to justifiably wonder.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/high-school/article15505187.html
http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/05/16/tssaa-council-public-private-classification-options/27458829/
http://usatodayhss.com/2013/charter-school-classification-a-growing-issue-for-section-v-2
http://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-local/article/High-school-sports-the-public-vs-private-debate-9215168.php
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobcook/2011/04/01/how-charter-schools-are-screwing-up-the-prep-sports-world/#11dc460926b5

bleudog

October 22, 2017, 10:30:02 pm #173 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:37:21 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Da Thump on October 22, 2017, 10:08:06 pm
Glad to see you agree an open enrollment school should look at MSA.  Junction City would need to include Eldorado's (top 10 team in Arkansas) population along with the two parishes they draw students.  JC might be the exception but most schools look at the $ signs for a student enrollment and not where the student lives.  Desegregation orders seem to help prevent the most flagrant violations.  When smaller schools live next to larger communities the residency issue can cloud the judgement of who is eligible and who is not due to money and athletics.

My point was/is there is a problem in classifications when many of the top teams in each classification come from open enrollment schools.  Other states have recognized the issue and have put rules into effect to help consider the competitive edge the process can give schools.

Having watched JC play I think they would be competitive in 4a.  Might not be dominant and consistently mercy ruling the teams they play. 

Once again nothing against JC, they have a great program and athletes.  The kids going to school would receive the same education regardless what classification they play.  Just as many college scholarships would be offered regardless of classification. 

Are some of the athletes due to a competitive edge in enrollment?  I don't know, but when a school is consistently dominant when compared to others their same size it causes one to justifiably wonder.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/05/16/tssaa-council-public-private-classification-options/27458829/
http://usatodayhss.com/2013/charter-school-classification-a-growing-issue-for-section-v-2
http://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-local/article/High-school-sports-the-public-vs-private-debate-9215168.php
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobcook/2011/04/01/how-charter-schools-are-screwing-up-the-prep-sports-world/#11dc460926b5

There's no comparison to private school.  And the biggest difference between NECC and other charters is that most charters are setup to get kids out of a particular school.  NECC was created by parents whose goal was to keep kids in the school they had always attended.  Plus, 75% or so of JC's students live within the conventional Arkansas district.

As I understand it, all but less than half a dozen or so kids in K-12 live within 10 miles of the JC campus.  Most live within 2-3 miles of campus.  JC is the closest school to their front door.  And if you've seen the area within a 10 miles radius of the campus, it would be hard to consider it densely populated.

JC and El Dorado, and a few other schools in Arkansas, have opted out of school choice due to federal deseg orders.  Unfortunately, what NWA sees as school choice becomes another term for white flight in other areas of the state.

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2014-2015/ADMIN/School%20Choice%20Policy%204.5.pdf

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/Schools/SchoolChoice.aspx?year=27&search=junction&pagesize=10

Here's a link to NECC's admission policy.  The BESE board has a limit on NECC's size so a lottery can be part of the process.

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/NECC/NECC%20Admission%20and%20enrollment%20plan.pdf

And as for as your .500 (or less) question, based on page five of this PDF I'd guess that would be 1997.

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2012-2013/Press%20Release%20-%20Coach%20David%20Carpenter%20reaches%20200%20Career%20Wins!.pdf

Never underestimate the power of a coach who knows what he's doing, can get the kids to buy in and hangs around 20+ years.  Having kids who can run the plays in their sleep because they've been running them since jr. high, winning state championships in weightlifting and going thru county fair (conditioning drills that I had a former player tell me were tougher than Army boot camp) to be the team with something left in the fourth quarter did wonders for the trophy case and lettermen's jackets.

Always a dragon

Well said sir....as you mentioned when the kids believe in the program,and the coach,it makes all the difference in the world.

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on October 22, 2017, 10:30:02 pm
There's no comparison to private school.  And the biggest difference between NECC and other charters is that most charters are setup to get kids out of a particular school.  NECC was created by parents whose goal was to keep kids in the school they had always attended.  Plus, 75% or so of JC's students live within the conventional Arkansas district.

As I understand it, all but less than half a dozen or so kids in K-12 live within 10 miles of the JC campus.  Most live within 2-3 miles of campus.  JC is the closest school to their front door.  And if you've seen the area within a 10 miles radius of the campus, it would be hard to consider it densely populated.

JC and El Dorado, and a few other schools in Arkansas have opted out of school choice due to federal deseg orders.  Unfortunately, what NWA sees as school choice becomes another term for white flight in other areas of the state.

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/Schools/SchoolChoice.aspx?year=27&search=junction&pagesize=10

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2014-2015/ADMIN/School%20Choice%20Policy%204.5.pdf

Here's a link to NECC's admission policy.  The BESE board has a limit on NECC's size so a lottery can be part of the process.

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/NECC/NECC%20Admission%20and%20enrollment%20plan.pdf

And as for as your .500 (or less) question, based on page five of this PDF I'd guess that would be 1997.

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2012-2013/Press%20Release%20-%20Coach%20David%20Carpenter%20reaches%20200%20Career%20Wins!.pdf

Never underestimate the power of a coach who knows what he's doing, can get the kids to buy in and hangs around 20+ years.  Having kids who can run the plays in their sleep because they've been running them since jr. high, winning state championships in weightlifting and going thru county fair (conditioning drills that I had a former player tell me was tougher than Army boot camp) to be the team with something left in the fourth quarter did wonders for the trophy case and lettermen's jackets.
+1 nice bleu....

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: Da Thump on October 22, 2017, 10:08:06 pm

Compete in 4A? heck, they couldn't compete their first year in 3A and now moving back to 2A because somehow the AAA counted the La residents 2 times, yea right. They haven't really competed in 3A this year, they play in a weak conference and when play offs come around they will find that out.

dragondad

Quote from: Wildcat_Booster on October 24, 2017, 09:20:18 pm

Compete in 4A? heck, they couldn't compete their first year in 3A and now moving back to 2A because somehow the AAA counted the La residents 2 times, yea right. They haven't really competed in 3A this year, they play in a weak conference and when play offs come around they will find that out.

Well aren't you a simpleton.  LOL! 

bleudog

October 24, 2017, 10:57:28 pm #178 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:59:23 pm by bleudog

You mad ?

cuz

Dragon I

Your hook......It's too shiny.

Jimbo Morphis

Rida4Life

This my friend is a post of the year nominee!

But remember.... facts are not welcome on FF!

cuz

Quote from: Rida4Life on October 26, 2017, 08:33:06 am
This my friend is a post of the year nominee!

But remember.... facts are not welcome on FF!
Yeah just one of the many the dog enlightened us with. Nice bleu....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas