• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Results of overall top 10 poll

Started by PA Dad, October 12, 2017, 08:18:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

October 12, 2017, 08:18:55 pm Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:39:59 pm by PA Dad
Top 10 - poll points - first place votes

1.  NLR                       92 (3)
2.  Harber                   89  (4)
3.  GW                        86  (1)
4. PA                           83  (3)
5. Bryant                     78
6. Bentonville West       51
7. Bentonville               42
8. PB                           28
9. Conway                    25
10. Benton                   16

Others receiving votes:   Springdale (10), El Dorado  (5).

For a quick comparison, here is the current FF overall ranking:

1.  Pulaski Academy
2.  Bryant
3.  Greenwood
4.  North Little Rock
5.  Bentonville West
6.  Bentonville
7.  Har-Ber
8.  Conway
9.  Pine Bluff
10.  El Dorado

PrivateLesson

Completely different ranking.  Thanks for putting in the time to compare!

MDXPHD

PA is very good. I just don't think they would win a full game against the top 7A teams. The depth would hurt them. They might be able to win a game I guess, but a full 7A schedule would be brutal for PA. I think they always get a lot of love from the admins on this board tho...maybe that ranking is biased.

beach bum

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 12, 2017, 09:06:08 pm
PA is very good. I just don't think they would win a full game against the top 7A teams. The depth would hurt them. They might be able to win a game I guess, but a full 7A schedule would be brutal for PA. I think they always get a lot of love from the admins on this board tho...maybe that ranking is biased.

A full 7A schedule? If they played in the 7A West the would mercy rule the two Rogers schools, Springdale, and Van Buren.... How would that be brutal? It would come down to winning head to head over Harber if they were in the 7A West. I wouldn't call that brutal. The two Bentonville schools and Fayetteville could not hang with the PA offense.

PA Dad

October 12, 2017, 09:23:11 pm #4 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:29:40 pm by PA Dad

Opinions are fun because they can't be proven right or wrong, at least not right now.

To my memory, PA has defeated every 7A team they've played in the last 5-6 years, whether in a scrimmage or regular season game.

Your premise that the ranking is biased is based on your assumption that the admins are the ones who vote.  There is no proof to support that assumption.  I asked Wess who voted, not by name but by whether it as coaches, sportswriters, etc. and he would not tell me.  So how do you know it is the admins?

Overdahill

when you win 57 out of your last 60 games some "love" is justified. PA would win plenty of games in 7A IMO, all of them?, No, but no one else does that either. I still think their best team to compete in any classification for a full year was 2011 because that year there was no depth issue on either side of the ball. Guys that would normally be starters in another year had to wait to get onto the field after the mercy rule kicked in

MDXPHD

Quote from: beach bum on October 12, 2017, 09:09:27 pm
A full 7A schedule? If they played in the 7A West the would mercy rule the two Rogers schools, Springdale, and Van Buren.... How would that be brutal? It would come down to winning head to head over Harber if they were in the 7A West. I wouldn't call that brutal. The two Bentonville schools and Fayetteville could not hang with the PA offense.

I think you're missing the point. The depth of the teams would just wear them down over the length of the season against 7A opponents.

Quote from: PA Dad on October 12, 2017, 09:23:11 pm
Opinions are fun because they can't be proven right or wrong, at least not right now.

To my memory, PA has defeated every 7A team they've played in the last 5-6 years, whether in a scrimmage or regular season game.

Your premise that the ranking is biased is based on your assumption that the admins are the ones who vote.  There is no proof to support that assumption.  I asked Wess who voted, not by name but by whether it as coaches, sportswriters, etc. and he would not tell me.  So how do you know it is the admins?

Maybe it's not the admins. Maybe it's a computer system. Or they poll people off the streets. Good point. It's probably the latter.

Also, we get it. Y'all are good at facing larger opponents in scrimmages. Congratulations!

Quote from: Overdahill on October 12, 2017, 09:27:53 pm
when you win 57 out of your last 60 games some "love" is justified. PA would win plenty of games in 7A IMO, all of them?, No, but no one else does that either. I still think their best team to compete in any classification for a full year was 2011 because that year there was no depth issue on either side of the ball. Guys that would normally be starters in another year had to wait to get onto the field after the mercy rule kicked in

2011 was a good year. I agree. A 3A school with so much D1 talent is exciting for the state. Those guys weren't even naturally gifted, just had a great coach and worked really hard! Crazy

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 12, 2017, 09:59:44 pm
I think you're missing the point. The depth of the teams would just wear them down over the length of the season against 7A opponents.

Maybe it's not the admins. Maybe it's a computer system. Or they poll people off the streets. Good point. It's probably the latter.

Also, we get it. Y'all are good at facing larger opponents in scrimmages. Congratulations!

2011 was a good year. I agree. A 3A school with so much D1 talent is exciting for the state. Those guys weren't even naturally gifted, just had a great coach and worked really hard! Crazy

Actually, I think the PA offense would wear out the 7A defenses.

And your rejoinder regarding the bias of the pollsters is weak.  You said the poll is biased because of the admins.  Instead of just admitting you gave an opinion with no factual support, you joke about your shortcomings.  Why just not admit you shot from the hip because of your bias against PA?

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on October 12, 2017, 10:07:33 pm

And your rejoinder regarding the bias of the pollsters is weak.  You said the poll is biased because of the admins.  Instead of just admitting you gave an opinion with no factual support, you joke about your shortcomings.  Why just not admit you shot from the hip because of your bias against PA?

I gave my opinion that it was biased. I didn't say it was substantiated by anything. Opinions are fun. I'm not biased against PA. I think you're making that up. What proof do you have?

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 12, 2017, 10:12:32 pm
I gave my opinion that it was biased. I didn't say it was substantiated by anything. Opinions are fun. I'm not biased against PA. I think you're making that up. What proof do you have?

Nothing except 3+ years of your posts!

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on October 12, 2017, 10:14:06 pm
Nothing except 3+ years of your posts!

Nothing in those says I'm biased against PA! I'm just happy to have the privilege of keeping up with them on these message boards with all of their fine fans.

Overdahill

this is pretty funny. reminds a lot of what was said by many about PA moving up to 5A

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 12, 2017, 10:18:20 pm
Nothing in those says I'm biased against PA! I'm just happy to have the privilege of keeping up with them on these message boards with all of their fine fans.

It's all good.  You're still one of my favorite posters despite your lack of objectivity regarding PA.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on October 12, 2017, 10:20:48 pm
It's all good.  You're still one of my favorite posters despite your lack of objectivity regarding PA.

You know I can be objective when I choose to be. It's much more fun being subjective on message boards though.

Objectively speaking, PA won't be challenged all season. Next year will be a lot more fun.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on October 12, 2017, 10:20:16 pm
this is pretty funny. reminds a lot of what was said by many about PA moving up to 5A

A 3A team playing up to 7A is slightly different I think. But I get what you're saying.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 12, 2017, 10:25:58 pm
A 3A team playing up to 7A is slightly different I think. But I get what you're saying.

The flip side of Alma dominating when they came down from 6A

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on October 12, 2017, 10:07:33 pm

I fear people may think I'm waffling, let me explain. I have the utmost respect for PA, I think they are a legitimate 5A dynasty. To assume they would have the same success in the 6A or 7A is quite a stretch. I may be wrong but I think a lot of what MDX refers to is the bias on these boards. It is not paranoid gossip, it is real. Just a few examples, I have had a few post removed that questioned PA's lack of boundaries issue. I named no names, used no foul or derogatory language or made any reference to any one individual. I simply ask a question that seems to be a simple yes or no answer. I also received an official warning for discussing a player that was suspended for fighting. Mind you I never used his name, position or number. It was a vague reference to an incident that was covered on all 3 local stations. I crossed a serious PA line. Now the week after Batesville beat LRCA in the playoffs the LRCA fans were bashing a Batesville player calling him a cheap shot artist, a dirty player and an awful kid (actual words), they gave his number and used his name. Those post are still up. Last week the most obnoxious poster on the board referenced a past PA player by name and made some shady accusations, a quick Google search yielded some interesting articles. That post was removed within hours. There is no doubt PA cast an incredible shadow over these message boards, many posters have warned me about it. Try and understand that there is a definite line in the sand you do not cross when discussing PA, other schools it fair game.   

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 12, 2017, 10:24:49 pm
You know I can be objective when I choose to be. It's much more fun being subjective on message boards though.

Objectively speaking, PA won't be challenged all season. Next year will be a lot more fun.

I'm not sure you're right that PA won't be challenged this year.  In fact, I hope you're wrong.  It's much more fun when there is some suspense.

And I don't have a clue about next year.  But I hope several teams challenge PA next year.  It's just more fun.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on October 12, 2017, 10:29:15 pm
I fear people may think I'm waffling, let me explain. I have the utmost respect for PA, I think they are a legitimate 5A dynasty. To assume they would have the same success in the 6A or 7A is quite a stretch. I may be wrong but I think a lot of what MDX refers to is the bias on these boards. It is not paranoid gossip, it is real. Just a few examples, I have had a few post removed that questioned PA's lack of boundaries issue. I named no names, used no foul or derogatory language or made any reference to any one individual. I simply ask a question that seems to be a simple yes or no answer. I also received an official warning for discussing a player that was suspended for fighting. Mind you I never used his name, position or number. It was a vague reference to an incident that was covered on all 3 local stations. I crossed a serious PA line. Now the week after Batesville beat LRCA in the playoffs the LRCA fans were bashing a Batesville player calling him a cheap shot artist, a dirty player and an awful kid (actual words), they gave his number and used his name. Those post are still up. Last week the most obnoxious poster on the board referenced a past PA player by name and made some shady accusations, a quick Google search yielded some interesting articles. That post was removed within hours. There is no doubt PA cast an incredible shadow over these message boards, many posters have warned me about it. Try and understand that there is a definite line in the sand you do not cross when discussing PA, other schools it fair game.

JessieP, I've read similar posts since I've been on this board.

In November or December, 2014, I started a thread titled "what's wrong with PA?"  There are pages and pages in that thread with many posts claiming that PA recruits, PA pays its players, PA pays the officials, etc.  Go find the thread and read it.  After that, I ignore claims that the admins protect PA.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on October 12, 2017, 10:37:56 pm
JessieP, I've read similar posts since I've been on this board.

In November or December, 2014, I started a thread titled "what's wrong with PA?"  There are pages and pages in that thread with many posts claiming that PA recruits, PA pays its players, PA pays the officials, etc.  Go find the thread and read it.  After that, I ignore claims that the admins protect PA.

Well pays players/refs is just plain moronic. The recruiting issue is still very iffy in my eye's, if they do they are the greatest minds on the planet in order to evaluate talent that far off. My biggest issue is the lack of boundaries, that is a gigantic issue to me, massive. As far as the message boards, why did I receive a warning for discussing an incident and LRCA didn't for disparaging a player by name? Why have I had no less then 6 post removed for referencing a USA Today article discussing players playing out of district? I will give you all your complaints about the stupid charges leveled against PA, some border on crazy. But try and see it from my eye's, there are some serious double standards here on these boards. I always assumed a person was ask to be a moderator based on time on these threads and even keeled responses. A PA coach, who is a decent polite honest man, was made a moderator right out of the gate. That's objective? 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on October 12, 2017, 10:27:51 pm
The flip side of Alma dominating when they came down from 6A

And Watson chapel 😂

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on October 12, 2017, 10:52:36 pm
Well pays players/refs is just plain moronic. The recruiting issue is still very iffy in my eye's, if they do they are the greatest minds on the planet in order to evaluate talent that far off. My biggest issue is the lack of boundaries, that is a gigantic issue to me, massive. As far as the message boards, why did I receive a warning for discussing an incident and LRCA didn't for disparaging a player by name? Why have I had no less then 6 post removed for referencing a USA Today article discussing players playing out of district? I will give you all your complaints about the stupid charges leveled against PA, some border on crazy. But try and see it from my eye's, there are some serious double standards here on these boards. I always assumed a person was ask to be a moderator based on time on these threads and even keeled responses. A PA coach, who is a decent polite honest man, was made a moderator right out of the gate. That's objective?

There are a number of moderaters who are coaches from different schools.

I can't answer why your posts were removed.  I just know that PA gets plenty of criticism which is not removed.  In fact, I recently saw a post which claimed that PA paid a player's family $4,000 a month.  As far as I know, it's still there.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: JessieP on October 12, 2017, 10:52:36 pm
As far as the message boards, why did I receive a warning for discussing an incident and LRCA didn't for disparaging a player by name? Why have I had no less then 6 post removed for referencing a USA Today article discussing players playing out of district? I will give you all your complaints about the stupid charges leveled against PA, some border on crazy. But try and see it from my eye's, there are some serious double standards here on these boards. I always assumed a person was ask to be a moderator based on time on these threads and even keeled responses. A PA coach, who is a decent polite honest man, was made a moderator right out of the gate. That's objective?

Ohhhhh.......Have you put in to be a FF Mod?

MDXPHD

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 13, 2017, 12:12:50 pm
Ohhhhh.......Have you put in to be a FF Mod?

Hard to believe I'm not one yet isn't it? I should've stayed in coaching just to be a mod!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 13, 2017, 12:32:53 pm
Hard to believe I'm not one yet isn't it? I should've stayed in coaching just to be a mod!
Yes, it is.......lol. :)   But to be fair....I don't think all the Admin or Moderators on Fearless are Coaches. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 13, 2017, 12:55:17 pm
Yes, it is.......lol. :)   But to be fair....I don't think all the Admin or Moderators on Fearless are Coaches.

not all, but I think you have a better chance if you are one.

Mike Bonds

I could see Robinson getting in this Top 10 mix as well. 

Mike Bonds

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 13, 2017, 12:55:17 pm

Not by a long shot.

PA Dad

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 13, 2017, 01:22:54 pm
I could see Robinson getting in this Top 10 mix as well.

I actually thought about including Robinson in my top 10.  They have a lot of talent this year.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: PA Dad on October 13, 2017, 01:43:23 pm
I actually thought about including Robinson in my top 10.  They have a lot of talent this year.

For all the talk of how down Little Rock football has been for a long time, there's no talk about how much of a rebound it's made this year.

Obviously, PA and LR Christian are what they are.
North Little Rock is great.
Robinson is really, really good.  I think they're the top 4A team. 
McClellan is good, and Parkview is pretty good, too.

That's 6 teams in Little Rock that are having solid seasons.  With McClellan and Fair combining, I expect that Southwest High team to be even better than McClellan has been recently.  I think things are looking up for Little Rock football right now.

PA Dad

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 13, 2017, 03:28:50 pm
For all the talk of how down Little Rock football has been for a long time, there's no talk about how much of a rebound it's made this year.

Obviously, PA and LR Christian are what they are.
North Little Rock is great.
Robinson is really, really good.  I think they're the top 4A team. 
McClellan is good, and Parkview is pretty good, too.

That's 6 teams in Little Rock that are having solid seasons.  With McClellan and Fair combining, I expect that Southwest High team to be even better than McClellan has been recently.  I think things are looking up for Little Rock football right now.

I agree and it's great to see.  It's been way too long since LR had several good teams.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 17, 2017, 11:02:23 am #32 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:10:19 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

PrivateLesson

zebradynasty

Quote from: PA Dad on October 13, 2017, 03:33:29 pm
I agree and it's great to see.  It's been way too long since LR had several good teams.

Yes things are on the upswing for football in Pulaski County! It just takes time because things had fallen so far for so long. Basketball is still king there but just too many athletes not to be good in football also. LR Central needs some new blood and Mills is down but both of those can turn it around fairly soon don't know where Maumell fits but it has the potential same thing with Catholic.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas