• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's ready for PA to move out of the 5A?

Started by InYoGrill, October 12, 2017, 08:31:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want PA to move out of 5A?

H*LL YEAH!
33 (55%)
Sure, whateva
8 (13.3%)
Don't care, I ignore them anyway
12 (20%)
NO, I LUV ME SUM BRUIN FOOS BALL
4 (6.7%)
NO, ME LUV DEM PA POSERS
3 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Idindonuffin

October 18, 2017, 09:08:28 pm #150 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:11:41 pm by IMSwarmed
Quote from: Yellowcake on October 18, 2017, 09:01:05 pm
Looks like the hate is back. It was actually getting tolerable around here.
You people. Good Lord. Just beat them.
And for the record, the amount of work we put in mercy rules the amount of work everyone else puts in. .

As for me, not hating. It's just a fact that PA's players are groomed at the MBF at an early age. To my knowledge, the other private schools don't have such a facility or program. A question was asked, I pointed out what I believe is an advantage. Don't be so touchy.

MDXPHD

And for the record, the amount of work we put in mercy rules the amount of work everyone else puts in. .

I think it's called a sportsmanship rule..goodness you PA people are just ruthless.

And nobody will beat them this year. Definitely looking forward to next year to see if it's any different.

Yellowcake

Not you IMS. I can just sense when the tide starts to turn away from playful banter to hating.

I love everyone on here.

Old Scrapper

This PA stuff tickles me every year! I sneak up here from the depths of the 2A board just to catchup on the latest PA bashing.

Yellowcake

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2017, 09:10:16 pm
I think it's called a sportsmanship rule..goodness you PA people are just ruthless.

And nobody will beat them this year. Definitely looking forward to next year to see if it's any different.

Dude, it's gonna be different. For sure. May be Kelly's biggest coaching challenge in a decade. But I have doubted him before, and been proven wrong. I am very curious about it, too!

Idindonuffin

October 18, 2017, 09:15:02 pm #155 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:20:28 pm by IMSwarmed
Quote from: Yellowcake on October 18, 2017, 09:11:22 pm
Not you IMS. I can just sense when the tide starts to turn away from playful banter to hating.

I love everyone on here.

Don't be sensitive.

I love you anyway, Yellowcake  :-*

Yellowcake

Quote from: Old Scrapper on October 18, 2017, 09:14:36 pm
This PA stuff tickles me every year! I sneak up here from the depths of the 2A board just to catchup on the latest PA bashing.

Might be my favorite post of the year.
I bet people with no dog in this fight do love reading this stuff!
Funny funny scrapper.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 18, 2017, 09:16:23 pm
Might be my favorite post of the year.
I bet people with no dog in this fight do love reading this stuff!
Funny funny scrapper.
its all good, 2A has been boring without Junction City, Hampton made a hard push last year to keep us entertained but they have fell off this year. So it leaves us searching for entertainment.

Idindonuffin

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 18, 2017, 09:14:43 pm
Dude, it's gonna be different. For sure. May be Kelly's biggest coaching challenge in a decade. But I have doubted him before, and been proven wrong. I am very curious about it, too!

I don't know man, I'm super excited to see the new QB.  Bratcher is going to be a stud.  Strong arm.  Just my opinion

Yellowcake

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 18, 2017, 09:30:56 pm
I don't know man, I'm super excited to see the new QB.  Bratcher is going to be a stud.  Strong arm.  Just my opinion

He's my neighbor. Been watching him grow up and play football since he could walk. I can't wait to watch him run the show. One thing we know from this year, he ain't scared of contact. I love Luke and Braden both.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: IMSwarmed on October 18, 2017, 09:23:56 pm
5A is obviously bored this week.
Are you alluding to the massive influx of PA threads??? 

Lefefe123#

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 18, 2017, 09:49:55 pm
He's my neighbor. Been watching him grow up and play football since he could walk. I can't wait to watch him run the show. One thing we know from this year, he ain't scared of contact. I love Luke and Braden both.

Good for PA..they produce some very talented QB's..is he a wrestler too like their current QB?.A-STATE is watching I quess.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Lefefe123# on October 18, 2017, 10:05:06 pm
Good for PA..they produce some very talented QB's..is he a wrestler too like their current QB?.A-STATE is watching I quess.

No sir. Just plays football.
both he and his brother are very good kids with superb parents. Superb times two actually.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 18, 2017, 07:36:49 pm
First, I take most everything here in jest and I certainly don't believe these multiple threads discussing PA football are accomplishing anything meaningful. 

Second, I never said anything negative regarding other teams.  I did say I think PA works much harder than a lot of other teams.  Not harder than every team,  I mean clearly teams like Greenwood work very hard each year.  But rather than give 100% of the credit to coaching or nice uniforms, I simply want to acknowledge the fact that those boys dedicate a lot of their otherwise free time to football. 

You however seem to say negative things about anyone who contradicts you.  Not sure where that mean spirit comes from.  I will admit I'm new to posting, and perhaps my tone is coming off rather strong.  I'll work on that, if we were speaking face-to-face I think you would realize I'm not hating on anyone.

What you call mean spirited I call disgust when people taunt. You, and some others, seem to be oblivious to some situations right down the road. What set me off was you initially stating that PA players work harder then most, that's why they win. Are you aware that right here in our state, in the same classification and in everyone's divisions, there are players that walk miles to and from practice. They lift weights in older buildings that have outdated equipment and no heat/air conditioning. They don't have customized weights that say Bruins on the side. Their field is grass, by late October it's just dirt. They have older uniforms, one home one away. Many are stitched together. A lot of them don't attend summer camps because they have to work to help the family, some of them work during the season. A lot of players eat sandwiches in brown paper bags from the cafeteria after away games, the coaches eat the same. They don't have catered meals while they break down film. Some players will get back from an away game after midnight and walk home to an empty house. It's not made up or far fetched, these things happen right here in the same divisions PA plays in, and all over the state.

Your concerned that PA players don't get the respect they deserve? boo hoo, they get everything else. In the grand scheme of things success to PA has come very easy, they have no idea what real sacrifice is. I'd bet if you heaped some real life misfortune on the narrow shoulders of PA players, those titans of work ethic would wilt. Enjoy your titles, they won them fair and square. Just try and be mindful that while your changing into your many uniform combinations some players socks won't stay up. Be thankful your team so is blessed, I know I am. Maybe I am mean, I just can't justify bragging about my teams work ethic because I realize when you factor in all pertinent issues the players at Batesville have it pretty easy. The players at PA have it 10x's easier. Hard work? take a serious look at what these kids have and what others deal with, you'll find PA players don't work all that hard. Your boys have everything, some boys have nothing, but if you feel the need to draw attention to that, have at it.

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 18, 2017, 10:16:51 pm
both he and his brother are very good kids with superb parents. Superb times two actually.

I have heard it is a very impressive family. They say Hatcher has zero ego, just a down to earth kid.

Lefefe123#

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 18, 2017, 10:16:51 pm

Thank you..It's always a plus to have superb parents..I'm an old wrestler the reason why I ask.

Lefefe123#

Quote from: JessieP on October 18, 2017, 10:33:23 pm
What you call mean spirited I call disgust when people taunt. You, and some others, seem to be oblivious to some situations right down the road. What set me off was you initially stating that PA players work harder then most, that's why they win. Are you aware that right here in our state, in the same classification and in everyone's divisions, there are players that walk miles to and from practice. They lift weights in older buildings that have outdated equipment and no heat/air conditioning. They don't have customized weights that say Bruins on the side. Their field is grass, by late October it's just dirt. They have older uniforms, one home one away. Many are stitched together. A lot of them don't attend summer camps because they have to work to help the family, some of them work during the season. A lot of players eat sandwiches in brown paper bags from the cafeteria after away games, the coaches eat the same. They don't have catered meals while they break down film. Some players will get back from an away game after midnight and walk home to an empty house. It's not made up or far fetched, these things happen right here in the same divisions PA plays in, and all over the state.

Your concerned that PA players don't get the respect they deserve? boo hoo, they get everything else. In the grand scheme of things success to PA has come very easy, they have no idea what real sacrifice is. I'd bet if you heaped some real life misfortune on the narrow shoulders of PA players, those titans of work ethic would wilt. Enjoy your titles, they won them fair and square. Just try and be mindful that while your changing into your many uniform combinations some players socks won't stay up. Be thankful your team so is blessed, I know I am. Maybe I am mean, I just can't justify bragging about my teams work ethic because I realize when you factor in all pertinent issues the players at Batesville have it pretty easy. The players at PA have it 10x's easier. Hard work? take a serious look at what these kids have and what others deal with, you'll find PA players don't work all that hard. Your boys have everything, some boys have nothing, but if you feel the need to draw attention to that, have at it.

somebody grab the violin!

beach bum

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 18, 2017, 05:52:12 pm
True but maybe he hasn't been on long enough to know the layout and topics of the board??

It took me awhile and I know there is stuff I still can't figure out.....like posting pics etc.  You think??   :P

I too one day hope that I can be like Go Postal... I gave up on the pictures when half the time they would not even post correct when I tried. He is the Sensei while we are all the pupils that have failed miserably haha.

JessieP

Quote from: Lefefe123# on October 18, 2017, 10:40:47 pm
somebody grab the violin!

Again with the comprehension issues, I never ask for anyone's pity, the teams I referenced don't either. I was simply stating that not only does PA NOT work harder then most they actually work less hard then most. Just a fact. It's coaching, financial advantages, talent and then work ethic. In that order.

Yellowcake

JessieP, gonna have to call you on this one. You don't know a single one of these kids. You don't a single thing about what sacrifices they do or don't make. You don't know what they have and don't have outside of facilities. You definitely don't know about how hard they work or pressures they may be under at home, in school or anywhere else. They are teenage kids just like the rest of them. You are making very sweeping comments about a bunch of kids you don't know.

Perception isn't always reality. Chillitate my friend. Chillitatae.

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 18, 2017, 11:45:07 pm
JessieP, gonna have to call you on this one. You don't know a single one of these kids. You don't a single thing about what sacrifices they do or don't make. You don't know what they have and don't have outside of facilities. You definitely don't know about how hard they work or pressures they may be under at home, in school or anywhere else. They are teenage kids just like the rest of them. You are making very sweeping comments about a bunch of kids you don't know.

Perception isn't always reality. Chillitate my friend. Chillitatae.

I will give you that. It's never easy being a teenager, ever. Having money does not exclude you from problems. Point taken. Now will you at least give me one point? For someone to say "PA wins because our boys worker harder", an actual boast, That statement is ignorant, arrogant and factually false. It makes it appear that teams that don't have the advantages PA does don't work every bit as hard. After reading, watching, debating and listening I have come to the conclusion that PA is winning by a perfect mix of coaching, talent, work ethic and financial advantages. Kick any one leg out and the table becomes flimsy. And I admit, it's wrong of me to disparage an entire program based on the boastful posting of a single fan who obviously has very little knowledge of football. In hindsight I could have ended the war of words and lowered my blood pressure by asking the person "why don't your defensive players work hard"? That's a false statement but it would have made my point.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on October 19, 2017, 12:01:25 am
I will give you that. It's never easy being a teenager, ever. Having money does not exclude you from problems. Point taken. Now will you at least give me one point? For someone to say "PA wins because our boys worker harder", an actual boast, That statement is ignorant, arrogant and factually false. It makes it appear that teams that don't have the advantages PA does don't work every bit as hard. After reading, watching, debating and listening I have come to the conclusion that PA is winning by a perfect mix of coaching, talent, work ethic and financial advantages. Kick any one leg out and the table becomes flimsy. And I admit, it's wrong of me to disparage an entire program based on the boastful posting of a single fan who obviously has very little knowledge of football. In hindsight I could have ended the war of words and lowered my blood pressure by asking the person "why don't your defensive players work hard"? That's a false statement but it would have made my point.

Jess, I like how you constantly state how insensitive and uneducated I am.  It's like you really can't make a case.  And everything you say is factual!  Well, you clearly no even less about football and nothing about PA.  You just like to TROLL, probably because your life is a disaster. 

I've never said a negative word about another team in this conference and of course we all know that some kids live in a better situation than others.  You still no zero about PA families.  Yes, a few parents are very successful and enjoy the financial freedom to give generously to the school and many other worthwhile causes.  The majority of us just work hard to sacrifice to write the check and send our kids to a private school.  I don't live in a gated neighborhood and I drive a trusty ford.

On the topic of hard work, I guess you think everyone works the same?  So, by that logic Tom Brady doesn't prepare any differently than every other QB in the pros?  Right.  Now, if you state that being in a private school gives the PA players the advantage of having more time to practice, i.e. because they don't have to work after school jobs, then that would be a logical statement.  Although a few do work side jobs.

Lastly, it has been debated tirelessly on other threads on FF that there are many public schools with better facilities than ours to train and practice.  I'm not sure having PA stamped on the free weights is that much of an advantage; thinking it's more along the lines of how many times they are lifted.  But that's just simple-minded me.  Of course, there is no way I could have more knowledge than ole Jess.  I just write the check every year, so please tell me more about PA.

Relax, these threads are for fun!!

Red Devil Alum

I've sworn off posting in these "PA vs. the world" threads because they are never ending. But I've let myself get dragged into this one.

Jessie and others, in some ways we are all saying the same thing but viewing it differently. Like the definition of "work." Jessie, you are saying that PA doesn't work harder than other teams because we have to factor in other jobs, walking to school, etc. That's a fair point, and I've never thought PA players put more work into life than other players do. Maybe they do less if you don't count school work. But I also don't think many teams have a 50 week schedule, etc. like PA does. Because few PA players have to have a job or walk to school, they spend that same time into football. So in the aggregate PA players aren't working more than others, but they are putting more time into football related activities than the vast majority of 5A teams. I don't think this is a controversial point, and it's actually one of those "financial advantages" discussed on here so much.

Now I do think you went too far in saying a PA kid would wilt if put into the situation of a less fortunate kid at another school. That's not fair, and we don't know how they would react. Some would do great, some wouldn't. Just like the kids already there react.

STBruin

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2017, 08:17:49 pm
Well of course you guys would change each quarter if it's raining. Can't play football when you're all wet and cold. That would just be miserable. Ugh.

EXACTLY!!!!! And that is why the boys have the ring!!!! Didn't have anything to do with the points they scored in the first half... ;D ;D ;D

JessieP

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 19, 2017, 06:36:35 am
Jess, I like how you constantly state how insensitive and uneducated I am.  It's like you really can't make a case.  And everything you say is factual!  Well, you clearly no even less about football and nothing about PA.  You just like to TROLL, probably because your life is a disaster. 

I've never said a negative word about another team in this conference and of course we all know that some kids live in a better situation than others.  You still no zero about PA families.  Yes, a few parents are very successful and enjoy the financial freedom to give generously to the school and many other worthwhile causes.  The majority of us just work hard to sacrifice to write the check and send our kids to a private school.  I don't live in a gated neighborhood and I drive a trusty ford.

On the topic of hard work, I guess you think everyone works the same?  So, by that logic Tom Brady doesn't prepare any differently than every other QB in the pros?  Right.  Now, if you state that being in a private school gives the PA players the advantage of having more time to practice, i.e. because they don't have to work after school jobs, then that would be a logical statement.  Although a few do work side jobs.

Lastly, it has been debated tirelessly on other threads on FF that there are many public schools with better facilities than ours to train and practice.  I'm not sure having PA stamped on the free weights is that much of an advantage; thinking it's more along the lines of how many times they are lifted.  But that's just simple-minded me.  Of course, there is no way I could have more knowledge than ole Jess.  I just write the check every year, so please tell me more about PA.

Relax, these threads are for fun!!

If confronting an ignorant statement defines troll then yes, I guess I'm a troll. I also cannot dispute your assessment that my life is a disaster. You assume that everyone who doesn't have kids at or attended PA themselves, life's are a disaster. True, us plebs can only look at you superior people with envy. I find it funny how you still refuse to address the defense issue? It must make you livid to see an offense that through hard work is putting up next level numbers. Imagine if your defensive players weren't so lazy? If only they would work as hard as the offense. PA's opponents this year are a collective 22-27, take away LRCA who scored at will and that drops to 16-26. That's some serious feasting on mediocre teams. Thank God for your hard working offense, without them your loafing defense would drag them down to a 2nd or 3rd seed. I don't know why PA is content with it's standing, with a little more effort they could be on par with IMG or Mater Dei, assuming out working the opponent is the they win. Why couldn't they give a little more effort last year against ESL? And yes, you didn't speak negative about any team in your conference. You spoke negative about every single one of them as a whole. 

PA Bruin Fan

I give, now Jess changes the discussion to our defense and how we couldn't stand up to east High last year.  Whatever troll..you have no game here.  Go away.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Everyone else?  Really? 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

+1 Great post.  However, I feel it will fall on deaf ears to the ones that need to hear it most.  :(

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on October 19, 2017, 07:48:53 am
I've sworn off posting in these "PA vs. the world" threads because they are never ending. But I've let myself get dragged into this one.

Jessie and others, in some ways we are all saying the same thing but viewing it differently. Like the definition of "work." Jessie, you are saying that PA doesn't work harder than other teams because we have to factor in other jobs, walking to school, etc. That's a fair point, and I've never thought PA players put more work into life than other players do. Maybe they do less if you don't count school work. But I also don't think many teams have a 50 week schedule, etc. like PA does. Because few PA players have to have a job or walk to school, they spend that same time into football. So in the aggregate PA players aren't working more than others, but they are putting more time into football related activities than the vast majority of 5A teams. I don't think this is a controversial point, and it's actually one of those "financial advantages" discussed on here so much.

Now I do think you went too far in saying a PA kid would wilt if put into the situation of a less fortunate kid at another school. That's not fair, and we don't know how they would react. Some would do great, some wouldn't. Just like the kids already there react.

Reminds me of a great movie "Trading Places".  Ever see it? 

JessieP

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 19, 2017, 08:50:34 am
I give, now Jess changes the discussion to our defense and how we couldn't stand up to east High last year.  Whatever troll..you have no game here.  Go away.

No simpleton, nothing changed. The entire thrust of this whole issue was your proclamation that PA wins because they work harder. Wouldn't that superior warrior type work ethic manifest itself on the defensive side as well? it's very much germane to the debate.   

Red Devil Alum

sevenof400

I think it is time to give this a rest. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas