• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 7 Game of the Week Prescott @ Glen Rose

Started by WorkOrder, October 06, 2017, 10:15:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WorkOrder

October 06, 2017, 10:15:29 pm Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:19:32 am by WorkOrder
Thoughts

Proud Buckaroo

outlaw39

The state's longest win streak continues.

big lefty

KOJACK

Hey GR faithful how did Towers do tonight?

Maynard G Krebs

snoopy22

Should be a great venue for this one!  Winner takes command of the 5-3A.

Skip Baymore

Glen Rose is a good team and Prescott's stiffest test so far but I see the Curley Wolves by 25 and maybe more.   But Glen Rose has played them closer than I would have predicted a few times recently.   

Paperman

HeadBussa08

This is the 5-3as best shot at scoring on Prescott. Usually a tough game tween these two. 26-6 Prescott wins.

FoxandHound34

jay nelvin

Maynard G Krebs

FoxandHound34

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 07, 2017, 09:38:30 am
No. Saw her on channel 7 this morning 😂
Looking as good as always too  ;D

CoolBreeze

This will be the Wolves first game of the season. The rest were mere scrimmages against the JV. This week will test Prescott's true mettle. Are they as good as their FF advocates claim?

I think they're the real deal. Wolves by two touchdowns on the road.

PrivateLesson

Prescott wins.....it's theirs to lose...IMO

jay nelvin

When does big #62 come back for Prescott?

HeadBussa08

herrrrrrrreeeeee beaver beaver beaverrrrrrrrrrrrr

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: outlaw39 on October 06, 2017, 10:19:00 pm
The state's longest win streak continues.

Not to be "that guy," but that's just flat out incorrect.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on October 07, 2017, 03:28:34 pm
Not to be "that guy," but that's just flat out incorrect.
How about the states longest ACTIVE win streak?

SR30

Gonna be a long week waiting for this one

flow51

No need to rush it SR30... it will be here before you know it. And will be over before you know it!  ;D

WorkOrder

Quote from: jay nelvin on October 07, 2017, 12:01:35 pm
When does big #62 come back for Prescott?

He's played the last two weeks

Monsta

Will The Great Curly Wolfs Of P-Town Finally Have A Challenge or Will The Beavers Prove To Be Too Much For The Wolf Pack!?

PrivateLesson

beaverfan007

These boys are gonna shows up ready to play they remember last year

flow51

Quote from: beaverfan007 on October 07, 2017, 09:50:11 pm
These boys are gonna shows up ready to play they remember last year
I hope they do and everyone is 100%.... Wouldn't want any excuses

FBGFDRUM

CURLEYWOLF24

Finally a quality opponent!  Looking forward to the trip this Friday night to exit 106.  Should be an electric play-off type of atmosphere for sure. The Beavers better be ready for this defense, they are fast and good!  Picking my Curley Wolves 32-13, with one pick six! 

CoolBreeze

This week's game to watch in 3A.

Moose

Should be a great game.  The two teams have 1 common opponent in Camden Harmony Grove.  Prescott beat them 41-20 and GR beat them 14-7.  No one has been able to stop Prescott's offense thus far, and their D has not been scored on in conference play.  The Beavers offense has been on a roll since conference play started and GR's strength of schedule has been one of the toughest in 3A in the state, while Prescott has not really been challenged.  I give the edge to GR playing on their home turf.

WorkOrder

I wouldn't say Glen Rose has played one of the toughest schedules in 3A

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WorkOrder on October 09, 2017, 09:54:51 am

Yeah... I wouldn't really say that either.

Moose

The only tougher schedule in the top 25 is Bald Knob's.

WorkOrder

Glen Rose opponent overall record is 18-18. They have played 2 teams with a winning record. Bauxite (4-2) and Haskell (4-2), the rest are .500 or below.

Moose

Quote from: WorkOrder on October 09, 2017, 10:56:15 am
Glen Rose opponent overall record is 18-18. They have played 2 teams with a winning record. Bauxite (4-2) and Haskell (4-2), the rest are .500 or below.

Those are great points and true, but the fact still remains that the Beavers have played the toughest schedule in 3A, other than Bald Knob.

WorkOrder

Quote from: Moose on October 09, 2017, 11:05:41 am
Those are great points and true, but the fact still remains that the Beavers have played the toughest schedule in 3A, other than Bald Knob.

That is SAD

Moose

SR30

I think GR has worked out most of the early season offensive kinks. They are going to have to fire on all cylinders on both sides Friday night

CoolBreeze

For example, Bald Knob has played what I would consider a tougher schedule. Like Glen Rose, they have played 2 4A schools, but tougher opponents (5-0 Batesville Southside and 4-1 Riverview; incidentally, Riverview's loss was to Southside. They also played Mayflower, and although Harding Academy is down this year, I'd still consider them at least the equal of Jessieville or HHG.

NOTE: I am NOT comparing Bald Knob's team to Glen Rose's. Just their schedule.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: Moose on October 09, 2017, 09:16:35 am
Should be a great game.  The two teams have 1 common opponent in Camden Harmony Grove.  Prescott beat them 41-20 and GR beat them 14-7.  No one has been able to stop Prescott's offense thus far, and their D has not been scored on in conference play.  The Beavers offense has been on a roll since conference play started and GR's strength of schedule has been one of the toughest in 3A in the state, while Prescott has not really been challenged.  I give the edge to GR playing on their home turf.
just to clarify Prescott Mercy Ruled chg

strongandsteady

I got Prescott 31-6 that defense is ferocious this year!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on October 09, 2017, 11:48:52 am
just to clarify Prescott Mercy Ruled chg
So, CHG scored a couple of late touchdowns to make it look more or less respectable?

WorkOrder

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 09, 2017, 12:01:24 pm
So, CHG scored a couple of late touchdowns to make it look more or less respectable?

YES

KOJACK

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 09, 2017, 12:01:24 pm
41-6 with 8 minutes to go in the 3rd when Prescott wholesale subbed.

HeadBussa08

But chg always gives GR a good game so that matchup is really irrelevant as far as this game goes.

Senator Snuffy

Quote from: KOJACK on October 06, 2017, 11:46:19 pm
Hey GR faithful how did Towers do tonight?

Not bad. A couple of TD's in the air with a third one called back due to a penalty

SR30

I know it's game week but I'm asking everyone on both sides to say a prayer please. One of the Glen Rose starting lineman lost his home and everything in a fire this morning. Thankfully he was not at home and the rest of his family got out safely. Things like this make football seem insignificant but I know this young man will be there playing right beside his teammates Friday night. Thank you and God Bless.

Paperman

Go Beavers! Prayers and lots of help for the family displaced by that fire! That is life! This other stuff is just a game!

HeadBussa08

Quote from: SR30 on October 09, 2017, 11:15:08 pm
I know it's game week but I'm asking everyone on both sides to say a prayer please. One of the Glen Rose starting lineman lost his home and everything in a fire this morning. Thankfully he was not at home and the rest of his family got out safely. Things like this make football seem insignificant but I know this young man will be there playing right beside his teammates Friday night. Thank you and God Bless.
Prayers to the young man and his family

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas