• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ozark vs Booneville

Started by rskyb33, September 23, 2017, 08:58:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got?

Ozark
8 (25.8%)
Booneville
23 (74.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: September 29, 2017, 08:58:00 pm

rskyb33

Two old rivals meet for a possible conference championship for the winner!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Lizard47

Not so fast, we're only one game into conference yet. It should be a good one though, how do y'all think it will pan out? I gotta admit, Booneville looks strong this year.

nastynice

This game will be nasty from start to finish.......Too bad edgehog and a few others aren't around to talk trash this week........I'll say the same thing I said last week. If we don't turn the ball over and play to our potential, we'll win by 21. If we fail at either, it'll be a dog fight! 

CapnObvious

Hillbillys better bring in the right refs if they want to hang in this one !
I will  take the cats by 21 ..

gold45

I've seen both teams play this year.  Since it is at Ozark, that automatically gives at least 2 scores to Ozark and at least 2 taken away from Booneville.  Even with a starting score of 14 to -14, Booneville comes out on top by at least 3 TD's!  Go Cats!! Especially #33!!

nastynice

Quote from: CapnObvious on September 24, 2017, 07:57:09 pm
Hillbillys better bring in the right refs if they want to hang in this one !
I will  take the cats by 21 ..

Quote from: gold45 on September 24, 2017, 07:59:16 pm
I've seen both teams play this year.  Since it is at Ozark, that automatically gives at least 2 scores to Ozark and at least 2 taken away from Booneville.  Even with a starting score of 14 to -14, Booneville comes out on top by at least 3 TD's!  Go Cats!! Especially #33!!

I like the way these two minds think!

Sigmund Sauer

Wow the level of smack talk and it's not even Monday! I think this will be a great game decided in the last quarter.

Lizard47

Has makings of a great one. I wish y'all a violent good time and may the refs call it fair and the best team win.

OLDSCHOOL82

Pretty sure x14113 is the only hillbilly floating around or am I wrong?  Anyways, I can see this game being tight.  Fans/coaches upset with the control of the game from the zebras.  High intensity environment.

YC

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 25, 2017, 08:16:08 am
I can see this game being tight.  Fans/coaches upset with the control of the game from the zebras.  High intensity environment.

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 24, 2017, 09:07:51 pm
Has makings of a great one. I wish y'all a violent good time and may the refs call it fair and the best team win.

I've got no dog in the fight and don't care who wins but can assure you it will be violent.

The Booneville boys best stay alert, even after the whistle has blown or they will get their crock cleaned. Even in the endzones after TD's.

LION Dad

Booneville's defensive line will be too physical for the Hillbillies
Booneville by 3 scores

smurf_you91

Booneville cant cover our recievers if its a passing game ozark big but if its a running situation booneville big but all i can hope is that the hillbillies juniors can finally get that big w that has been eluding them since they have started.

ozark 27
booneville 22

Lizard47

Quote from: smurf_you91 on September 26, 2017, 09:53:45 pm
Booneville cant cover our recievers if its a passing game ozark big but if its a running situation booneville big but all i can hope is that the hillbillies juniors can finally get that big w that has been eluding them since they have started.

ozark 27
booneville 22
If you want it to be a passing game, its not a matter of chance or fate. You have to make it what you need it to be. Which ever team has the will to do that will own this game.

Lizard47

You might wanna beef up on your pass protection though, a really physical booneville pass rush would demolish that passing game.

nastynice

ozark 27
booneville 22

He better be able to throw better than he did against Chuck, or this will be a long night for the Billies!

OLDSCHOOL82

September 27, 2017, 08:09:13 am #15 Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:12:30 am by OLDSCHOOL82

ozark 27
booneville 22

That's what scares me a little.  We have absolutely zero pass defense.  Like, we actually don't even cover anyone.  It actually scares me almost as much as your ability to type your thoughts on a screen in a way for all to enjoy.

threepeoplematter

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 25, 2017, 08:16:08 am
Pretty sure x14113 is the only hillbilly floating around or am I wrong?  Anyways, I can see this game being tight.  Fans/coaches upset with the control of the game from the zebras.  High intensity environment.

Fun times.

FootBallar21

Ozark better win conference now,  because Booneville gets to drop down to 3A and win or compete,   But Mena is coming to the 4-4A next season,  and I think they run away with conference in a couple years,  probably not next season but 2019-2020,  Mena looks really good.   

Lacerta agilis

In 2019 Mena will get all they want and more from Dardanelle and Ozark.

Lizard47

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on September 28, 2017, 03:49:24 pm
In 2019 Mena will get all they want and more from Dardanelle and Ozark.
Amen, let them come get some.

Maynard G Krebs

Unable to vote in poll.  Ozark JV wasn't listed as an option

Lizard47

Sigmund Sauer

September 28, 2017, 10:45:43 pm #23 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:25:12 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 28, 2017, 03:04:27 pm
But Mena is coming to the 4-4A next season,  and I think they run away with conference in a couple years,

So, you decided to go ahead and get a jump on trolling the 4A-4 threads before they move over and dominate us all. Maybe go ahead and order those rings.

The Coach

Ozark better win conference now,  because Booneville gets to drop down to 3A and win or compete,   But Mena is coming to the 4-4A next season,  and I think they run away with conference in a couple years,  probably not next season but 2019-2020,  Mena looks really good.

Thought Greenwood was your team now?

nastynice

Slow your roll. If the Ozark and Pottsville jr high teams stay together, they'll be hard to handle in a couple years. Very good group of kids at both schools.

FootBallar21

Just a little excited for Mena moving back to the 4-4A next season,  a conference over the years they have had a lot more success then the 7-4A.        Should be a very exciting next few years,  hopefully coach Harper sticks around at Mena and continues to lead the program in the right direction on and off the field.   

Chief_Osceola™

No dog in the fight, but I'm going Booneville by a couple of scores.

nastynice

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 29, 2017, 03:38:52 pm
No dog in the fight, but I'm going Booneville by a couple of scores.
Sure you do Chief, #62 and #12!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: nastynice on September 29, 2017, 04:23:24 pm
Sure you do Chief, #62 and #12!

Haha yep. It was my attempt at a clever inside joke.

CapnObvious

Great win cats ! Someone told me my nephew had a decent game can someone confirm , his # is 33 and last name ray 😁?

FootBallar21

I guess the question is now,  will Booneville or Dardanelle throw their conference showdown.  To avoid Ashdown , Arkadelphia , Robinson , or Nashville with their first playoff game? 

Lizard47

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 29, 2017, 11:12:52 pm
I guess the question is now,  will Booneville or Dardanelle throw their conference showdown.  To avoid Ashdown , Arkadelphia , Robinson , or Nashville with their first playoff game?
No, we'll take the 4 in a row and take our chances with the 7a. Nashville and Robinson lost to us in our last meetings, Arky beat us last time. Just have to take what comes one game at a time.

Sigmund Sauer

Better act fast, 4A-4 teams better throw games and stuff, before Mena dominates us all huh? Will Mena have a defense by the time they make the move?

Lizard47

I doubt Booneville cares to throw a game either. I know they'll be game when we come to town. I expect it will be an absolute war. Should be a game folks don't wanna miss for sure. They better send the cameras for that one.

James20

I have no dog in this fight but I'll say Ozark should be good in the next few years. Not by coaching but by the athletes they have between 8th-11th grades. Other teams might want to request some birth certificates though. I really wonder about some of the ages.

nastynice

Nah.  I'll take the 3 seed from the 7 at home over going to Warren in the second round all day, every day! I'm sure Dardy feels the same.

The Dardy and Booneville game will have a lot on the line for sure. I'm glad we got a couple weeks to try and heal up a little.

FootBallar21

Quote from: nastynice on September 30, 2017, 07:01:06 am
Nah.  I'll take the 3 seed from the 7 at home over going to Warren in the second round all day, every day! I'm sure Dardy feels the same.

The Dardy and Booneville game will have a lot on the line for sure. I'm glad we got a couple weeks to try and heal up a little.

You say that now,    you won't be saying that when Warren goes home eariler and the 3rd seed from 7-4A is playing in Little Rock in a couple months!

nastynice

I'll say it every day! I'll take a 2nd round home game over a trip to Warren anytime.

nastynice

Plus, I'll bet ya right now the 3rd seed from 7 won't make the finals.

Lizard47

Quote from: nastynice on October 01, 2017, 12:53:54 pm
Plus, I'll bet ya right now the 3rd seed from 7 won't make the finals.
Amen, the 7 has loads of talent but its nowhere near a given that their 3seed gonna make it past our 1seed whether its booneville or dardy. Especially on our home fields.

TurfToe

Quote from: James20 on September 29, 2017, 11:46:09 pm
I have no dog in this fight but I'll say Ozark should be good in the next few years. Not by coaching but by the athletes they have between 8th-11th grades. Other teams might want to request some birth certificates though. I really wonder about some of the ages.

Request away......most of those kids are young for their grades. Got a 10th and 7th grader and have been around that bunch since they were all in kindergarten. Just a good group of athletes.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas