• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 5 - Nashville vs Fountain Lake

Started by ~WPS~, September 23, 2017, 08:06:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

September 23, 2017, 08:06:59 am Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 08:09:53 am by ~WPS~
Nashville Scrappers vs. Fountain Lake Cobras
Scrapper Stadium, Nashville, AR
September 29, 2017 @ 7:00 PM

Video:  http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/nashville-high-school-nashville-ar
Audio:  www.southwestarkansasradio.com

Nashville Scrappers
Head Coach:  Mike Volarvich
Record at Nashville:  28-3 (3rd Year)
2017 Record:  2-2
2017 Conf. Record:  0-1
Last Week:  Lost 34-24 @ Arkadelphia
PPG Scored:  44.5
PPG Allowed:  33.3
Offense:  Spread
Defense:  3-4
2016 Record: 11-1
2016 Conf. Record:  7-0 (1st 7-4A)
2016 Playoffs:  1-1 (2nd Round)
Returning Starters:  3 offense / 4 defense

Fountain Lake Cobras
Head Coach:  J. D. Plumlee
Record at Fountain Lake:  2-2 (1st Year)
2017 Record:  2-2
2017 Conf. Record:  0-1
Last Week:  Lost 49-14 vs Robinson
PPG Scored:  24.3
PPG Allowed:  29.8
Offense:  Spread
Defense:  Multiple
2016 Record:  2-8
2016 Conf. Record:  2-5 (T-5th 7-4A)
2016 Playoffs:  0-0
Returning Starters:  9 offense / 10 defense

Team Stats
Passing
Nashville Offense:  337.5 YPG
Fountain Lake Defense:  91.8 YPG

Fountain Lake Offense:  278.7 YPG
Nashville Defense:  136.8 YPG

Rushing
Nashville Offense:  176 YPG
Fountain Lake Defense:  209.5 YPG

Fountain Lake Offense:  134 YPG
Nashville Defense:  195.8 YPG

Total
Nashville Offense:  512.3 YPG
Fountain Lake Defense:  301.3 YPG

Fountain Lake Offense:  412.7 YPG
Nashville Defense:  332.5 YPG

Individual Stat Leaders
Passing
Nashville:  Tyler Hanson - 79/130, 1350 yards, 12 TD, 10 INT
Fountain Lake:  Stephen Turner - 44/90, 879 yards, 11 TD, 3 INT

Rushing
Nashville:  Trent Harris - 74-371 yards, 7 TD ... Carmillias Morrison - 26-235 yards, 5 TD
Fountain Lake:  Andrew Roberson - 53-230 yards, TD ... Dylan Wasson - 38-194 yards

Receiving
Nashville:  Dominick Kight - 18-543 yards, 6 TD ... Jhalon Finley - 12-269 yards
Fountain Lake:  Parion Johnson - 15-436 yards, 8 TD ... Ahman Johnson - 19-324 yards, 2 TD

Tackles
Nashville:  Jordan White - 49 tackles
Fountain Lake:  Colson Simpson - 50 tackles

Sacks
Nashville:  Lance Easter - 2 sacks
Fountain Lake:  Ben Chaney - 3 sacks

Interceptions
Nashville:  Domonick Kight - 3 INT
Fountain Lake:  Andrew Roberson & Joe Murphy - 2 INT

Series History
All-Time:  Nashville 14-1
Last 10 Games:  Nashville 9-1
Games Played at Nashville:  Nashville 7-0
Last Meeting:  September 30, 2016 (Nashville won 65-29)
First Meeting:  November 8, 1996 (Nashville won 49-7)

FBfan79

FL is fighting for 5th place.  This one goes to the Scrappers.  Not enough speed/size on defense for FL. 

Marblehog

Quote from: FBfan79 on September 23, 2017, 08:35:47 am
FL is fighting for 5th place.  This one goes to the Scrappers.  Not enough speed/size on defense for FL.
nashville is fighting for 5th place as well.  Maybe 4th.....

beaverfan007

Markadomous

Yes they have a coach. They don't play defense and just try to out score everybody. And also their junior high has won 59 in a row.

scrapman

Quote from: Markadomous on September 23, 2017, 11:43:21 pm
Yes they have a coach. They don't play defense and just try to out score everybody. And also their junior high has won 59 in a row.
Put us on the schedule.  I think u are a Prescott guy. Let's get the rivalry going again. Oh wait, Nashville Sr and Jr high tried....you wouldn't play.

Oldbadger

The way to beat Nashville, for all its worth.  Put great pressure on the QB, and cover Pettway like a blanket.  Badgers did that the second half and shut the Scrappers down.  I hope FL has a good defensive line and a couple of good linebackers.

richboy

pettway?! pettway didnt do hardly do anything against arky. Kight was the threat. Offense and defense.. Nashville is a threat everytime they throw and they can run just not against arkys defense. Nashville has the potential to be great by the end of season they just have INEXPERIENCE thats it. Yall switch up everytime someone has a bad game. Nashville will slaughter MORE THAN HALF OF 4A.

~WPS~

Pettway has an impact on offense whether he gets the ball or not. That's why he lines up in different spots and goes in motion a lot. Kight, right now, is the best receiver amongst a large group of very good receivers. He's on another level. Both Pettway and Kight are having a huge impact on defense as well. Pettway has been a force at LB the past 2 weeks.

richboy

Thats the part i debate about. Nashville has enough talent  and kids who play hard regardless to not play people both ways. Kight and pettway both looked wore out came 4th quarter.

KOJACK

Quote from: scrapman on September 24, 2017, 08:35:01 am
Put us on the schedule.  I think u are a Prescott guy. Let's get the rivalry going again. Oh wait, Nashville Sr and Jr high tried....you wouldn't play.
Not true...After the last time we played and beat y'all, we were taken off the schedule so y'all could play DeQueen(how'd that work out this year) since they moved to 5A... after that the only way we could get y'all would've been to not play Gurdon...and everyone is trying to pick up Gurdon currently.

scrapman

Quote from: KOJACK on September 24, 2017, 05:16:16 pm
Not true...After the last time we played and beat y'all, we were taken off the schedule so y'all could play DeQueen(how'd that work out this year) since they moved to 5A... after that the only way we could get y'all would've been to not play Gurdon...and everyone is trying to pick up Gurdon currently.
No...we tried to get you back on Jr high the last 2 years....and sr high next cycle. Chk your facts and go ask Poole if you want.

scrapman

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 24, 2017, 12:44:49 pm
The way to beat Nashville, for all its worth.  Put great pressure on the QB, and cover Pettway like a blanket.  Badgers did that the second half and shut the Scrappers down.  I hope FL has a good defensive line and a couple of good linebackers.
We had 2 wrs with over 150 each. Neither was Pettway.

~WPS~

Didn't realize it until now, Tyler Hanson broke the school record for passing yards in a game. Hanson had 445 yards. Previous record was 427 by Jared McBride in 1996.

nastynice

Quote from: scrapman on September 24, 2017, 06:47:32 pm
We had 2 wrs with over 150 each. Neither was Pettway.

Quote from: ~WPS~ on September 24, 2017, 08:34:25 pm
Didn't realize it until now, Tyler Hanson broke the school record for passing yards in a game. Hanson had 445 yards. Previous record was 427 by Jared McBride in 1996.

And y'all still lost?.....

~WPS~

Too many drives that we couldn't finish. Credit Arkie's defense. They're a whole lot better in short field situations.

Markadomous

And after record breaking performances the mighty scrappers is still 2-3 in their last 5 games.

Oldbadger

I'm willing to bet that McBride didn't have 10 interceptions at his time.  Hansen seemed to just throw the ball in the direction of the receiver and let them get it.  That worked in the first half but after the Badgers changed their coverage they were able to respond to this scheme and get two picks.

scrapman

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 24, 2017, 09:11:48 pm
I'm willing to bet that McBride didn't have 10 interceptions at his time.  Hansen seemed to just throw the ball in the direction of the receiver and let them get it.  That worked in the first half but after the Badgers changed their coverage they were able to respond to this scheme and get two picks.
What was the coverage change exactly? You keep talking about it. Arky played press corners and 2 high all night. Interested in what you think the coverage change was.

~WPS~

I think at some point those safeties realized when a receiver runs past you, go with them. They didn't comprehend that very well in the first half. Or on that 76 yard TD in the 3rd.

scrapman

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 24, 2017, 09:11:48 pm
It's also not that easy...just throw it in a direction...haha. if it was then Turner would have completed more than 4 passes....thats including screens.

Oldbadger

Quote from: scrapman on September 24, 2017, 09:34:56 pm
It's also not that easy...just throw it in a direction...haha. if it was then Turner would have completed more than 4 passes....thats including screens.
It's easier if you have two recievers like Pettway and Kight who can beat most defenders one on one.  I think that was the plan.

scrapman

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 24, 2017, 09:44:50 pm
It's easier if you have two recievers like Pettway and Kight who can beat most defenders one on one.  I think that was the plan.
Come on man...really. They are good players, but then again we had another wr with over 150 too.  The difference in the game was the trenches. And I'm still waiting for your coverage analysis. Cov 2, quarters, cov 3, robber, cov 1, 1 rat, 0, palms, bracket, quarter quarter half?

Spurfan

Only heard bits and pieces about arkadelphia. I know they are good but what changed the game. I heard nashville lead at one point 24-14.

scrapman

Quote from: Spurfan on September 24, 2017, 10:09:53 pm
Only heard bits and pieces about arkadelphia. I know they are good but what changed the game. I heard nashville lead at one point 24-14.
To me it was a int.  Nashville was driving in Arky territory and threw a curl route, bounced off wr chest and the safety picked it. It was like a 3 point game or something at that point.  Nashville also was stopped in red zone several times, once was last play of 1st half.

richboy

Quote from: scrapman on September 24, 2017, 09:58:12 pm
Come on man...really. They are good players, but then again we had another wr with over 150 too.  The difference in the game was the trenches. And I'm still waiting for your coverage analysis. Cov 2, quarters, cov 3, robber, cov 1, 1 rat, 0, palms, bracket, quarter quarter half?
if you played football and was at the game you could answer it yourself. They switched to cover 2 the 2nd half. They were playing man the entire 1st half.

scrapman

Quote from: richboy on September 24, 2017, 10:20:54 pm
if you played football and was at the game you could answer it yourself. They switched to cover 2 the 2nd half. They were playing man the entire 1st half.
False...nice try though. Go watch the nfhs stream replay.

richboy

Quote from: scrapman on September 24, 2017, 10:22:29 pm
False...nice try though. Go watch the nfhs stream replay.
i used to play for arkadelphia, i know what im talking about. I was in the field house when they were going over their changes to offense and defense. We didnt run cover 2 the entire 2nd half we mixed it with man and cover mostly cover tho.

~WPS~

If I remember right... They used a cover 2 look all game. The biggest difference was in the first half the safeties, although playing high as if in cover 2, were alone on the slots and essentially played man, and they got burnt a few times. In the second half the safeties stayed high after the snap and played the deep ball and the OLBs got more involved in coverage underneath.

scrapman

Quote from: richboy on September 24, 2017, 10:26:16 pm
i used to play for arkadelphia, i know what im talking about. I was in the field house when they were going over their changes to offense and defense. We didnt run cover 2 the entire 2nd half we mixed it with man and cover mostly cover tho.
Maybe they were calling man but the players were playing zone. Maybe that's why they talked about it. I repeat, go watch it. It's over and I really don't care but if you or anyone else is really concerned, all you have to do is go watch it. It's clear as day. Just thought you may want to know what you are talking about before you talk.

Spurfan

I was just trying to see what turned the momentum of the game.

Oldbadger

Quote from: ~WPS~ on September 24, 2017, 10:28:37 pm
If I remember right... They used a cover 2 look all game. The biggest difference was in the first half the safeties, although playing high as if in cover 2, were alone on the slots and essentially played man, and they got burnt a few times. In the second half the safeties stayed high after the snap and played the deep ball and the OLBs got more involved in coverage underneath.
This ^ Scrapman. But, Frankly, Scarlet, I don't give a -------!

Oldbadger

You are right about the turning point of the game.  The first pick stopped an almost certain TD that might have kept the momentum with the Scrappers.  That pick turned into a Badger TD and caused the Scrappers to start playing to catch up.  The last TD by the QB  broke their will and led to the game ending pick.

~WPS~

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 24, 2017, 11:25:09 pm
This ^ Scrapman. But, Frankly, Scarlet, I don't give a -------!
You're welcome, for giving your coverage analysis for you. ::)

Oldbadger

Quote from: scrapman on September 24, 2017, 09:58:12 pm
Scrapman, when I played football, I was a lowly lineman.  I don't know what all this ^ ------ (another name for manure) is.  I kinda know what a robber is, or a rat, and I do have a set of palms.  But, as I said before, while speaking to Scarlet, I really don't give a rat's ---- (another name for rear end) about all this.  I'm allowing my expert WPS to speak for me. So, any further questions should be addressed to him.lol

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 25, 2017, 07:59:37 am
Scrapman, when I played football, I was a lowly lineman.  I don't know what all this ^ ------ (another name for manure) is.  I kinda know what a robber is, or a rat, and I do have a set of palms.  But, as I said before, while speaking to Scarlet, I really don't give a rat's ---- (another name for rear end) about all this.  I'm allowing my expert WPS to speak for me. So, any further questions should be addressed to him.lol

Those are defense names he picks on madden and NCAA football.

scrapman

Quote from: AirWarren on September 25, 2017, 08:12:04 am
Those are defense names he picks on madden and NCAA football.
Exactally...i found them on the internet. You shouldn't talk about scheme changes if you don't know what they are. Just say the badgers controlled the LOS and smashed Nashville's DL and Lbs. That will be widely accepted and true. You are an ex OL and everyone in the stands can see that as well. Don't make up coaching stragety and coverage changes (especially if you don't understand them) to try to be the FF game analyzer.  I am a scrapper fan and like to talk trash but try to talk facts and not be too biased on here. I can say we got whipped or we are down and not go through life with blinders on like some. Hopefully we can get a W this week vs Fountain Lake. I think Arky has a good shot at Robinson. Good luck. Have fun with ur palms

Look A Here

Quote from: scrapman on September 25, 2017, 09:26:55 am
Exactally...i found them on the internet. You shouldn't talk about scheme changes if you don't know what they are. Just say the badgers controlled the LOS and smashed Nashville's DL and Lbs. That will be widely accepted and true. You are an ex OL and everyone in the stands can see that as well. Don't make up coaching stragety and coverage changes (especially if you don't understand them) to try to be the FF game analyzer.  I am a scrapper fan and like to talk trash but try to talk facts and not be too biased on here. I can say we got whipped or we are down and not go through life with blinders on like some. Hopefully we can get a W this week vs Fountain Lake. I think Arky has a good shot at Robinson. Good luck. Have fun with ur palms
I guess you're forgetting that their defense crushed Nashville's OL...Saw stats that Nashville only had 40yds rushing

Marblehog

Quote from: scrapman on September 24, 2017, 08:35:01 am
LOL you wouldn't want to play Prescott this year buddy

Marblehog

Quote from: ~WPS~ on September 24, 2017, 03:09:03 pm
Pettway has an impact on offense whether he gets the ball or not. That's why he lines up in different spots and goes in motion a lot. Kight, right now, is the best receiver amongst a large group of very good receivers. He's on another level. Both Pettway and Kight are having a huge impact on defense as well. Pettway has been a force at LB the past 2 weeks.
And both are gone after this year....  Gonna be ugly next year too

scrapman

Quote from: Marblehog on September 25, 2017, 09:56:39 am
LOL you wouldn't want to play Prescott this year buddy
Word is you had your chance.

scrapman

Quote from: Marblehog on September 25, 2017, 09:58:08 am
And both are gone after this year....  Gonna be ugly next year too
Hey..one time Mcbride and Washington graduated So did Hopson, whitmore, Scoggins, Hendry, pettway, snell, hopkins, etc. Guess what....kids graduate.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: scrapman on September 25, 2017, 10:56:09 am
Word is you had your chance.
True, Nashville called to get a JR. High game but our schedule was already made.  As far as SR High remember YOU dropped us to keep Dequeen on your schedule, how did that work out for you?

scrapman

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on September 25, 2017, 11:08:39 am
True, Nashville called to get a JR. High game but our schedule was already made.  As far as SR High remember YOU dropped us to keep Dequeen on your schedule, how did that work out for you?
Ok...who has Jr high played week 1 this and last year?  We have been open. Yes we did drop for dequeen but you act like Poole hasn't been asked if he wants to get it started again. Go ask him.

KOJACK

Quote from: scrapman on September 25, 2017, 11:38:22 am
Ok...who has Jr high played week 1 this and last year?  We have been open. Yes we did drop for dequeen but you act like Poole hasn't been asked if he wants to get it started again. Go ask him.
Yes he has been asked and no we aren't gonna do away with the preseason teams we have for y'all. Y'all dropped us for DeQueen and that's a fact. You can check all the facts you want.

scrapman

Quote from: KOJACK on September 25, 2017, 11:53:54 am
Yes he has been asked and no we aren't gonna do away with the preseason teams we have for y'all. Y'all dropped us for DeQueen and that's a fact. You can check all the facts you want.
That's fine...dont say we don't want any then. Just keep taking Gurdons players and keep them on schedule. 

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: scrapman on September 25, 2017, 12:35:29 pm
That's fine...dont say we don't want any then. Just keep taking Gurdons players and keep them on schedule.
Just keep taking Mineral Springs players.... I wish we did play you guys this year!!!!  It would get ugly for sure!!!!

CURLEYWOLF24

Serious question, did Kirby redshirt this year for the Hogs.......?  If not, can he not feel the right tackle spot?

KOJACK

Quote from: scrapman on September 25, 2017, 12:35:29 pm
Y'all don't...can't figure out that 100 game win streak in jr high isn't translating to sr high this year though.

scrapman

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on September 25, 2017, 12:51:31 pm
Serious question, did Kirby redshirt this year for the Hogs.......?  If not, can he not feel the right tackle spot?
Yes

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas