• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A Week 4 (Start of Conference Play)

Started by PokeyRedskinStudentScout, September 21, 2017, 02:47:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Well, we've finally made it to what counts for playoffs. We already knew the 3-4A is the worst 4A conference, and nonconference proved it. Granted, some losses were to underrated teams (Pocahontas to Osceola, Gosnell to Valley View, Harrisburg to Walnut Ridge) and others were just bad play (Highland to Riverview, Westside to Marked Tree, Gosnell to Rivercrest). But, as I previously said, the next 7 weeks is all that matters.
Pocahontas @ Trumann- This is Trumann's best shot at a conference title, but the two bosses of the 3-4A (Pocahontas & Gosnell) stand in their way. The Redskins haven't lost to Trumann in 8 years, and haven't finished lower than 4th in conference in the last 6 or 7. The last two meetings have supposed to have been close ones, but Pocahontas has won both by a combined score of 90-28. I feel the Skins uprising after a tough nonconference, and close this one out late. Redskins- 28 Wildcats- 23
Brookland @ Gosnell- Brookland is 3-0 for the first time ever, and Gosnell is 0-3, but the Pirates love in conference play. Pirates-30 Bearcats-14
Westside @ Highland- The Warriors struggled and fell last week to a mediocre 2A team in Marked Tree, while Highland's fall continues. Warriors- 40 Rebels- 20
Cave City @ Harrisburg- What is usually the battle for who will stay out of the basement isn't much different this year, but the Hornets have the confidence at 2-1 to potentially play for the last playoff seed.
Hornets- 34 Cavemen-12
We'll see how it goes, and I'll meet you here again next week.

TBone70

Our conference does not have any team to brag about.  Down year for a already down conference. I hope someone stands out as conference plays on. Looks even across the board. Good luck everyone.

bodycounTT

First of all Gosnell hasn't played Valley View this year. They have lost all three games to some solid, top the line, 3A teams by a total of 15pts. Two games there were INT's in the end zone thrown and the other, lost on a failed 2pt. conversion. Also Brookland has been 3-0 twice in the past '12 & '13. This Brookland team has had more years playing football so they may be better than those years. Saying all of that, I still think the score will be Gosnell 33 Brookland 7.

bigchief72455

About to see the difference in playing tough non conference schedules vs. cake walks.

Lumberjackfan1978

Yep playing a tough non conference schedule will play huge dividends come playoff time.

Bearcatfan184

Quote from: bodycounTT on September 21, 2017, 06:00:03 pm
First of all Gosnell hasn't played Valley View this year. They have lost all three games to some solid, top the line, 3A teams by a total of 15pts. Two games there were INT's in the end zone thrown and the other, lost on a failed 2pt. conversion. Also Brookland has been 3-0 twice in the past '12 & '13. This Brookland team has had more years playing football so they may be better than those years. Saying all of that, I still think the score will be Gosnell 33 Brookland 7.

Actually this is only the second time Brookland has been 3-0 going into conference.  The only other time was in 2013 with wins against Rivercrest, Brinkley, and Mountain View.

Pokey03

Quote from: TBone70 on September 21, 2017, 03:35:24 pm
Our conference does not have any team to brag about.  Down year for a already down conference. I hope someone stands out as conference plays on. Looks even across the board. Good luck everyone.
+1

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: TBone70 on September 21, 2017, 03:35:24 pm
With the addition of Rivercrest next year, we can hopefully make the conference a bit more competitive, especially with most teams having decent junior highs, but this won't be a south Arkansas-like conference probably ever.

Hornetzone

bigchief72455

Hornetzone

bigchief72455

Ghs21

bigchief72455

Gosnell is still in the way of a conference championship.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas