• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle/ Dover

Started by lizard1989, September 19, 2017, 05:26:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lizard1989

Thoughts on the game? I haven't seen Dover play this year. Dardanelle lost a heartbreaker last year. I hope there isn't a repeat this year.

Lizard47

I think it will more likely resemble the year before last, or the year before that, or the year before that.

Gray lizard

Hard to say what Dover has. Played a close game with a mid level 3-A team in Atkins, a lower level 3-A team Two Rivers that will be mercy ruled all season, and a down 2-A team in Lavaca.  They are 3-0 as of now. 
We will see come Friday, but I expect Dardanelle to win the game.

lizard1989

I hope that is the case. I would like to see them bounce back after last week. We have got to fish strong, not just start that way.

Lizard47

Almost totally unbelievable that there is no one from dover gonna post on this thread!

Lizard47

Where's piratepride at? This is no fun whatsoever  :'(

Gray lizard

Well I talked to a guy from Dover yesterday he said they would win by at least 3 Tds.  Of course he hasn't been to a game in three years.
I agree no 3-0 going to win it all parents or kids.

PiratePride03

Lol I'm here fellas,  just been busy.   This game will fully depend on coaching.   If our coach comes out mixing up the offense like he did last year against Dardy and Ozark,  it's gonna be a great game.   If he comes out only passing when in long situations like against Atkins this year and Booneville last year,  it's already over.   We have the athletes to compete, and I hope and pray he mixes it up.   When you run up the middle on every 1st and 2nd down,  the defense will stack the box every series.   When there's 5 to 7 kids in on every tackle, it's dangerous for the players getting tackled. If we mix it up,  the defense will have to stay honest,  and our boys have a good chance.  Tonight will be very telling for how the rest of the year will go.  Our conference is stronger than most people are giving us credit for.  I know y'all are as sick of the 4a-4 hate as I am.  Even when Dardy was hands down the best 4a team in the state for those 2 years, y'all were still hated on.  I guess one of us is gonna have to win state eventually before we get any love.  I hope tonight is a great game, no matter who wins.  I respect Dardy more than any other team in 4a.  Coach Vega is a Pirate,  and always will be,  no matter where he coaches.   Good luck tonight Lizards.

PiratePride03

Oh yeah, and whoever said we were gonna win by 21 needs to lay off that wacky backy.  I say it's gonna be a close game,  and we pull it out by 3.  I'm just excited to watch some DOVER PIRATE FOOTBALL!

Lizard47

Thanks pride, good luck. Looks like we all need to take our best shot at booneville this year. They started all those young ones when they were down and now they have all that experience.

Lizard47

Love that its gameday for what should be a war of a conference game but why's it gotta be so miserable hot? This is not football weather! Anyways, GO LIZARDS BEAT DOVER!

PiratePride03

NO JOKE!  We need that weather from week 1!  It felt amazing that night.

Lizard47

Dardy 35 dover 8, got a slow start but scorched the second quarter!

Lizard47

September 22, 2017, 09:21:51 pm #13 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:12:44 pm by Lizard47
Dardy by 48!        56-8

PiratePride03

Told y'all.  We're too predictable.   I told y'all exactly how it was gonna go if our coach ran it on every down.  We were moving the ball,  until Coach Vega made some adjustments.  We never throw the ball until long situations,  then it's just a straight drop back,  not even any play action.  There were several times we could've executed a flea flicker,  but no,  run up the middle,  or a run to narrow side of the field.   He don't even switch up the sweeps!  Tonight we only ran sweeps to the left!  Way too easy to coach against.  I feel sorry for our kids.   They deserve better.

PiratePride03

Oh, and as far as our defense goes, we just don't have very much speed.   Our boys are strong this year,  but not really fast.   Dardy cut us up through the air because we don't have any true cornerbacks/safeties.  It looks like we just have a bunch of line backers playing all the positions.   Thats how  it looked to me anyway.  Atkins had some success passing on us too.  Players running great routes to get behind our DBs, then the QB just airs it out for 6.  If we can't keep up with these speedy receivers,  we might as well blitz all night.   Maybe that would cause some hurried passes that we could pick off.   Gonna be a rough season I'm afraid.  Our boys deserve better.

Sigmund Sauer

September 22, 2017, 11:16:48 pm #16 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:21:01 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Dover has a good bit of speed and talent. I too noticed the constant left sweep from Dover, in spite of the long score on the right side. However, I feel Vega is a better coach than Price and after having the reigns for a 2nd year is starting to produce a more physical, better conditioned, more passionate team, one that Dover may not have expected tonight. Dover will bounce back and may still shake things up in conference play.

Lizard47

We know how it feels, Shiloh dissected our secondary in the quarter finals last year. All we could do was watch it happen and score some points to save a little face.

Lizard47

Vega is an excellent defensive coach and because of that we could have kicked 3 field goals and won this game if need be. There is a tremendous lack of defense being played statewide and those that realize both sides of the ball matter can reap the rewards.

PiratePride03

Price is no longer a coach.  This is all Smith. Yes,  we have good speed and strength on the lines and in the backfield,  but when your offense is that predictable, there's not much the offensive line can do as far as blocking goes.  5-6 blockers to block 7-9 rushers, you do the math lol. Defense is stacking 9 in the box, and 2 safeties behind them,  and he still calls a freaking run up the middle or sweep to the left!  I'm sick of watching this guy cheat our boys. Use play action!  Throw in some quick hitters to move the ball.  Actually give the receivers some routes to run!  MIX UP THE OFFENSE SO THE DEFENSE HAS TO STAY HONEST!!!  Man,  I've been saying the same thing for years, but I thought it was Price calling this horrible offense, but Smith can't hide behind Price anymore.  Horrible coach,  and I'll be so glad when he's finally replaced!  Yes,  Vega is a much better coach.  I wish Dover could afford to lure him away from Dardy.  Dardy tried running the ball tonight, and when Phil realized he wasn't moving the ball with any consistency, guess what,  HE STARTED SLAYING US WITH THE PASS! It's not hard to see the problem in Dover,  and our boys deserve SO MUCH BETTER!

Sigmund Sauer

For clarification sake, I was referring to Dardy's previous coach "Price."

PiratePride03

Oh ok.  He was a great coach too.  Didn't he go to Stuttgart?

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: PiratePride03 on September 22, 2017, 11:39:49 pm
Oh ok.  He was a great coach too.  Didn't he go to Stuttgart?
Yes sir he did.

Lizard47

We used the pass to put your defense on its heels and then we went back to the run and got the edges and ran it right up the gut too while continuing to mix in the pass. You are correct pride, you can only be a one trick pony if you're really really good at that one trick. Mixed offense is the way to go.

Lizard47

Oh, BTW, wanna give a shout out to coach hardaway, he calls those offensive signals and he's gettin it done.

PiratePride03

So y'all see what I'm talking about,  right?  My best friend is from Dardy, and we were standing and talking on the fense the whole game,  and he was predicting what we were gonna do too.  It was sad how easy it was to call our offense.  I really thought that after halftime we were gonna make adjustments and start mixing it up.....NOPE!  Same exact stuff throughout the entire game.  It's so frustrating,  that I've gone beyond caring if we win or lose.   I'm just there to support my boys.   I'll just keep hoping and praying that the school board decides to move on from Smith after this year.

Lizard47

Gonna have to develop a qb to run a mixed offense too. You know ours has been starting since he was a soph. He has been a qb since day one in peewee. It takes time and some chance taking to develop good qb's

PiratePride03

That's true too.   And yeah, that fella can ball out.  I've always been impressed with him.

Lizard47

Ppl look at him and think undersized, that is until he absolutely trucks them or stiff arms them in the open field. Or just weaves his way around untouched like he's Teflon coated or something. We all love that guy and will be sad but proud to graduate him.

PiratePride03

I know know one thing,  HOGS definitely need to snatch up Temo.  I've always been impressed with that kid.  In my opinion,  he's the most gifted athlete in the conference.  Anyway,  it's bedtime.   Thanks for taking it easy on us Lizards lol.  We'll see how the rest of the season plays out.   Since we're clearly not gonna win conference,  I'm pulling for y'all to make it a 4 peat.  I'm counting on y'all to whoop Ozark and Booneville!

Lizard47

Hogs don't need Temo, they got a guy who can actually dent the upright from twenty, lol. I think Temo may deserve better. The hogs are a dark place for me right now, I have nothing good to say.

PiratePride03

I feel you bro.   That second miss hurt me deep!  Again,  COACHING!

HeadBussa08

Quote from: PiratePride03 on September 22, 2017, 11:31:03 pm
Price is no longer a coach.  This is all Smith. Yes,  we have good speed and strength on the lines and in the backfield,  but when your offense is that predictable, there's not much the offensive line can do as far as blocking goes.  5-6 blockers to block 7-9 rushers, you do the math lol. Defense is stacking 9 in the box, and 2 safeties behind them,  and he still calls a freaking run up the middle or sweep to the left!  I'm sick of watching this guy cheat our boys. Use play action!  Throw in some quick hitters to move the ball.  Actually give the receivers some routes to run!  MIX UP THE OFFENSE SO THE DEFENSE HAS TO STAY HONEST!!!  Man,  I've been saying the same thing for years, but I thought it was Price calling this horrible offense, but Smith can't hide behind Price anymore.  Horrible coach,  and I'll be so glad when he's finally replaced!  Yes,  Vega is a much better coach.  I wish Dover could afford to lure him away from Dardy.  Dardy tried running the ball tonight, and when Phil realized he wasn't moving the ball with any consistency, guess what,  HE STARTED SLAYING US WITH THE PASS! It's not hard to see the problem in Dover,  and our boys deserve SO MUCH BETTER!
You sir are a certified clown. Before Smith got there the Dover Pirates were unheard of and irrelevant. Playoff Appearances 3 years in a row and is really overachieving this year as far as I'm concerned. Hardly ever beat your arch rival atkins before he got there now working on 4 in a row and used to never be able to compete with teams like DDalle and Pottsville. As far as passing what exactly do you think the Wing T offense is??? lol that's not their game to throw it 50 times.....I think the kids DESERVE a better class of fan besides clowns like you getting on here and belittling their coaching staff. There's a good young staff in place at Dover that is maintaining a higher standard than Dover has ever seen. But I do agree with you on one thing it's not hard to see what's wrong in Dover at all........Cept its not smith or the Coaching staff....its the fans there that sit around eating dogfood all day wishing they had a clue what was going on.

PiratePride03

Keyboard warrior huh?  Let me guess,  you haven't been to a single Dover game have you?  You haven't seen Dover get out coached time and time again.  He hasn't changed anything at all in the last 4 years.  Every other coach has figured him out,  and the Dardanelle game just proved that.   Dover was moving the ball well,  then Coach Vega made adjustments,  and the game was over.  He is unable to make adjustments,  and he's proven that year after year.  God forbid we want something better for our boys. Where are you from donkey?  Prescott? 

HeadBussa08

Yea I have first game I watched was when y'all beat Pottsville Luke Price scored a td on a wheel route then QB ran over a kid for the 2 pt try to win the game. But the coaching probably had nothing to do with that lol No one from Dover has ever won anything to be in any position to accuse someone of being outcoached. least of all you. Yea funny you ask I am from Prescott watched Coach Smith take a 1-9 group to a state final appearance. But I'm sure coaching had nothing to do with that either. Y'all beat ddalle last year and before then you couldn't even fathom it. Beat Pottsville 2 outta the past 3 years and I believe Ozark. The same 2 outta 3 . But let me guess coaching had nothing to do with that. Dover has a whole bunch of hard nosed hard working kids with very little athletes at all so if it's not them getting coached up what is it?

PiratePride03

I can tell you haven't watched but maybe a couple games.   In those games that you mentioned,  he mixed up the offense.   Run to pass ratio was close to 50/50 in those games.   Last year against Booneville,  and this year against Dardanelle,  you can count on one hand the number of times he passed when it wasn't 3rd and long.  And least of all me???  I'm sorry, do you know me???  Yeah,  I didn't think so,  watch your mouth loser.   If you notice,  you're the only one that's disagreed with me, and its because you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.   The rest of us on this thread actually watched this game and seen how pathetic the coaching was after the first quarter.   When EVERYONE watching the game is accurately calling every play Dover is gonna run, it's time for a change.  If we can call his offense, what do you think the other coaches in the conference are doing?  Thats right genius, they're getting their defenses in the perfect plays to easily stop our boys.  Y'all can gladly take him back before he gets one of our kids seriously hurt.   Defenses can stack 9 in the box with 2 safeties,  because they know he's not gonna pass.   When 5 to 8 kids are in on almost every tackle,  eventually one of our kids is gonna get really hurt because of it.  He can't coach against good coaches.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PiratePride03 on September 27, 2017, 07:13:44 pm
I can tell you haven't watched but maybe a couple games.   In those games that you mentioned,  he mixed up the offense.   Run to pass ratio was close to 50/50 in those games.   Last year against Booneville,  and this year against Dardanelle,  you can count on one hand the number of times he passed when it wasn't 3rd and long.  And least of all me???  I'm sorry, do you know me???  Yeah,  I didn't think so,  watch your mouth loser.   If you notice,  you're the only one that's disagreed with me, and its because you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.   The rest of us on this thread actually watched this game and seen how pathetic the coaching was after the first quarter.   When EVERYONE watching the game is accurately calling every play Dover is gonna run, it's time for a change.  If we can call his offense, what do you think the other coaches in the conference are doing?  Thats right genius, they're getting their defenses in the perfect plays to easily stop our boys.  Y'all can gladly take him back before he gets one of our kids seriously hurt.   Defenses can stack 9 in the box with 2 safeties,  because they know he's not gonna pass.   When 5 to 8 kids are in on almost every tackle,  eventually one of our kids is gonna get really hurt because of it.  He can't coach against good coaches.

I'd bet that Dover would quickly sink back to competing with subiaco for last in the 4-4a if y'all successfully run off Smith...

Lizard47

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 27, 2017, 07:17:37 pm
I'd bet that Dover would quickly sink back to competing with subiaco for last in the 4-4a if y'all successfully run off Smith...
Only cause Westfork is leaving, lol

Lizard47

It gets worse too, according to all these other guys on another thread Dardy is overrated and living on the success of the past. And our game this week with Pottsville is gonna be a close one. So if you take that into consideration with the score from last week, they're already pushing y'all down there with subi and the fork. Point is, there's always gonna be somebody on the bulletin board to urinate all in your cheerios.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 27, 2017, 07:17:37 pm
Agreed Horse. Boy this Pirate Pride clown got all salty when some truth hit em in the face lol btw not many good wing T teams are ever 50/50 pass to run. It's more like 80/20 in favor of run. not that you would know anything about football but none of us are going to hold that against you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas