• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 4A Top Ten

Started by Mike Bonds, September 18, 2017, 03:49:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nastynice

Quote from: LJ06 on September 19, 2017, 04:08:41 pm
Football elite?
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 19, 2017, 04:13:00 pm
+1 LJ. To be in the football elite shouldn't you have at least one state championship?

Exactly what I was thinking!

LJ06

+1 LJ. To be in the football elite shouldn't you have at least one state championship?

At the very least, probably multiple to prove your not a one trick pony.

beach bum

September 19, 2017, 04:24:08 pm #52 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 04:34:37 pm by beach bum
Quote from: prHOG13 on September 19, 2017, 03:51:12 pm
Your obsession is unhealthy. It screams insecurity

You keep taking the bait.... I am sorry about that. Also, my comment on this thread was just an overall assessment of the 3 top teams in the 1-4A and you got all upset cause I said none of them had a chance to win state and it upset you that one of those teams was yours. Try not being so biased and it may help.

AirWarren

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 19, 2017, 04:03:53 pm
if only some folks would be as animated talking up their own teams instead of disparaging others, that would be more fun.  Pea Ridge is a relative newcomer to the football elite, and you know how some folks just hate change. Fortunately, opinions and polls have nothing to do what happens on Friday nights.

Elite huh?

bigchief72455

I concur. Unless you have won a title you are just a really good 3-4A team. Lol

LJ06

With that being said who would be considered the elite? Maybe...

Stuttgart
Shiloh Christian
Nashville
Warren
Booneville

STUNNA

Quote from: LJ06 on September 19, 2017, 05:48:26 pm

Stuttgart
Shiloh Christian
Nashville
Warren
Booneville
Dollarway back in the Shelton days

richboy

Quote from: beach bum on September 19, 2017, 04:24:08 pm
You keep taking the bait.... I am sorry about that. Also, my comment on this thread was just an overall assessment of the 3 top teams in the 1-4A and you got all upset cause I said none of them had a chance to win state and it upset you that one of those teams was yours. Try not being so biased and it may help.
I think prairie grove has a chance, they look pretty good. I also think Helena could be pretty good this year 🤔

Sportshawk

Dictionary definition of elite is "part of a group that is superior to the rest".  Elite as in being highly ranked in the upper tier for several years.   The Blackhawks have an overall record of 37-6 over the past four years including this one, and that is better than the great majority.  People that win championships are called "champions".  Like the great Casey Stengel often said "You can look it up"

nastynice

Sportshawk

LJ06

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 19, 2017, 07:48:59 pm
Dictionary definition of elite is "part of a group that is superior to the rest".  Elite as in being highly ranked in the upper tier for several years.   The Blackhawks have an overall record of 37-6 over the past four years including this one, and that is better than the great majority.  People that win championships are called "champions".  Like the great Casey Stengel often said "You can look it up"

Since 2012 for Pea Ridge (don't need to go back any longer)

Record: 50-15
State Titles: 0
State Title Appearances: 1 (2016)
Conference Titles: 1 (2014)
Playoff Record: 8-4
Playoff Appearances: 4

dukes424

You said the E word Sportshawk you better change your identity sell your house and move to Canada.  The two teams that stick out as being Elite in maybe just the last several years would be Warren and Nashville. Shiloh fit that status back in the day as well I remember everyone hated them because they recruited and killed everybody. 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: LJ06 on September 19, 2017, 05:48:26 pm

Stuttgart
Shiloh Christian
Nashville
Warren
Booneville

These, along with the previously mentioned Dollarway, are probably the 4A bluebloods.  I'm trying to think of 2 more that could be considered, but I don't see any with a very strong claim. 

STUNNA

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 20, 2017, 10:36:53 am
These, along with the previously mentioned Dollarway, are probably the 4A bluebloods.  I'm trying to think of 2 more that could be considered, but I don't see any with a very strong claim.

wish Dway could get back to the old

Sportshawk

Quote from: dukes424 on September 20, 2017, 09:55:42 am
You said the E word Sportshawk you better change your identity sell your house and move to Canada.  The two teams that stick out as being Elite in maybe just the last several years would be Warren and Nashville. Shiloh fit that status back in the day as well I remember everyone hated them because they recruited and killed everybody.
Sure the best two teams over the past bunch of years have been Nashville and Warren.  never said anything to the contrary.  Over the past four years, the teams with the best records include the two aforementioned along with Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove...out of the 48 schools in 4A.

Elite, being part of small group superior to the larger group extant, is a descriptive word that is generally governed by common usage and can be studied with the aid of a dictionary. For instance, Oklahoma has an elite collegiate football program but it hasn't won a national title in awhile.

Since you dislike my use of the word elite (did you take English in high school) and feel that I must change my identity, sell my house, and move to Canada, I gotta tell you that high school football is way way WAY too important to your self identity/self worth. 

There are lots of good teams in this state, and I wish them all the best (well...ceptin' for maybe one).  I hope the Blackhawks do as well as possible as they are an exceptional bunch of boys relating to their character and work ethic.  I am sure that there are other teams that the same could be said about them.

My life doesn't rise or fall with the success of any athletic team, be it amateur or professional. Yours shouldn't either.

nomorewhining

Quote from: STUNNA on September 19, 2017, 05:56:29 pm
Dollarway back in the Shelton days

Really?!?! In the Shelton days?!?!

Dollarway won 5 state championships.....0 under Shelton

RZback

Using that standard in the NFL would mean some very good players would not be in the Hall of Frame because they don't have a Super Bowl ring.   

There are some very good teams that haven't won a state title in part because they played great teams on the wrong side of the bracket before they got there.  A different match-up makes a difference.  I noticed how people on here are often analyzing the bracket for who gets the easiest playoff road.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: nomorewhining on September 20, 2017, 10:45:07 am
Really?!?! In the Shelton days?!?!

Dollarway won 5 state championships.....0 under Shelton

The original Lee Hardman days, not the current Lee Hardman days.

SUGARTOWN

If you have to try to convince people you're "elite", you're probably not...

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 20, 2017, 10:46:55 am
The original Lee Hardman days, not the current Lee Hardman days.

Didn't Jordan also win one or two?  I'm pretty sure they won in '95, which would have been his first or second year if memory serves.

nomorewhining

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: nomorewhining on September 20, 2017, 10:55:00 am
He won 1.... in 1993

That's right - it was 1993.  I had my year wrong.  That was when Kevin Williams was the QB and they had the really good running back (can't remember his name).

dukes424

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 20, 2017, 10:42:29 am
Sure the best two teams over the past bunch of years have been Nashville and Warren.  never said anything to the contrary.  Over the past four years, the teams with the best records include the two aforementioned along with Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove...out of the 48 schools in 4A.

Elite, being part of small group superior to the larger group extant, is a descriptive word that is generally governed by common usage and can be studied with the aid of a dictionary. For instance, Oklahoma has an elite collegiate football program but it hasn't won a national title in awhile.

Since you dislike my use of the word elite (did you take English in high school) and feel that I must change my identity, sell my house, and move to Canada, I gotta tell you that high school football is way way WAY too important to your self identity/self worth. 

There are lots of good teams in this state, and I wish them all the best (well...ceptin' for maybe one).  I hope the Blackhawks do as well as possible as they are an exceptional bunch of boys relating to their character and work ethic.  I am sure that there are other teams that the same could be said about them.

My life doesn't rise or fall with the success of any athletic team, be it amateur or professional. Yours shouldn't either.
Oh i was just messing with you Sportshawk its just humor didn't you learn that in high school?  I slept in English I think. THe Hawks and the conference have an exceptional chance to do real well this year should be interesting.  We have made a few adjustments and still have alot of arsenal in the  bag that has not been pulled out yet.  ;D

nomorewhining

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 20, 2017, 11:24:42 am
That's right - it was 1993.  I had my year wrong.  That was when Kevin Williams was the QB and they had the really good running back (can't remember his name).

Williams was a Junior

Running back was Irvin Tisdale

RoadWarrior

Sheldon only has won one ring and not as a head coach.....as the linebackers coach in Warren last year

nomorewhining

He was an assistant to Marion Glover in Pine Bluff's heyday....I think he has 2 or 3 from then

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

I understand what he's trying to say by using the word "elite" but if he considers Pea Ridge part of the "elite" than Nashville, Warren, Stuttgart and Shiloh are "superior". Neither of these teams win state every year but that's football. Nashville has won state in 96, 05, 06, 07, and 15. They have runner up trophies from the early 90's to the early 2000's as well. Warren's resume is much similar and so is Shiloh's. This is what tradition rich programs do. Both Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove have been to state ONCE in school history. Despite what  they've done the past 4 years,  neither has anything to show for it. Elite...???  Give me a break.  Oh and that 2015 Scrapper squad would not have held a candle to either of Nashville's previous champions. Let that sink in.  You guys have no idea what caliber of a team you must have to win a state championship. Greatness isn't meant for everybody...

beach bum

September 20, 2017, 01:03:06 pm #78 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:22:05 pm by beach bum
Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on September 20, 2017, 12:42:01 pm
I understand what he's trying to say by using the word "elite" but if he considers Pea Ridge part of the "elite" than Nashville, Warren, Stuttgart and Shiloh are "superior". Neither of these teams win state every year but that's football. Nashville has won state in 96, 05, 06, 07, and 15. They have runner up trophies from the early 90's to the early 2000's as well. Warren's resume is much similar and so is Shiloh's. This is what tradition rich programs do. Both Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove have been to state ONCE in school history. Despite what  they've done the past 4 years,  neither has anything to show for it. Elite...???  Give me a break.  Oh and that 2015 Scrapper squad would not have held a candle to either of Nashville's previous champions. Let that sink in.  You guys have no idea what caliber of a team you must have to win a state championship. Greatness isn't meant for everybody...

Pea Ridge is 2-9 or 2-10 against Prairie Grove under Abshier. I can't remember which one it is. That doesn't exactly spell elite when you can basically never beat the top dog in your own conference. And Prairie Grove has a semifinal berth stemming all the way back to 1997 and the early 2000's but Prairie Grove's program didn't go to another level until the last 5 years winning a total of 54 games. But they have longer sustaining success than Pea Ridge by far so that means Pea Ridge is no where near Nashville's or Warren's level cause Prairie Grove doesn't even sniff those two schools historically along with a couple others like Shiloh and Stuttgart which just have way more history. Pea Ridge is delusional if they think they are elite when they only have 1 conference title while being apart of the 1-4A

beach bum

Booneville from the 90's and early 2000's come to mind too.... Those teams were something else.

FBfan79

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 20, 2017, 10:49:55 am
If you have to try to convince people you're "elite", you're probably not...

Winner

AirWarren

I see rea pidge or whatever their name is no different than I see a Mena.

dukes424

I see Warren is down this year. Nobody cares about the past unless your Stuttgart or PG fan.

nastynice

Winners worry about winning, losers worry about winners!

beach bum

Quote from: dukes424 on September 20, 2017, 02:25:12 pm
I see Warren is down this year. Nobody cares about the past unless your Stuttgart or PG fan.

That's funny cause in 3 weeks from this Friday Pea Ridge will lose a conference title race yet again to Prairie Grove.... In the present PG is actually more worried about Shiloh this year than Pea Ridge.

LJ06

Quote from: beach bum on September 20, 2017, 02:34:08 pm
That's funny cause in 3 weeks from this Friday Pea Ridge will lose a conference title race yet again to Prairie Grove.... In the present PG is actually more worried about Shiloh this year than Pea Ridge.

Who said Warren was down this season? You do realize we started off just about as bad last season also right?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LJ06 on September 20, 2017, 02:41:27 pm
Who said Warren was down this season? You do realize we started off just about as bad last season also right?

You think you're as good right now as you were this time last year?

dukes424

Quote from: beach bum on September 20, 2017, 02:34:08 pm
lol You crack me up Shiloh will prolly beat your team  by two Td's and then the Ridge will beat you by a couple as well setting up a Shiloh / Ridge conference championship. Your hate party will be spoiled Bum, You will have to get out your Richard Simmons tapes then and sing "Lets get Physical" to make it all better. In reality Pg has a real good team this year I'm looking forward to some good games you better watch out for Gravette they may sneak up and bite you to Bum.

nastynice

Where are the PG/Ridge, PG/Shiloh, and Ridge/Shiloh games being played?

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 20, 2017, 02:42:40 pm
You think you're as good right now as you were this time last year?

No, but when somebody typically says somebody is down it says to me they aren't nearly as good as usual. We aren't as good at this point as last season, but we are having struggles at this point just like last year. Last season we even struggled through week 4 trailing Crossett 7-0 at halftime.

AirWarren

Quote from: dukes424 on September 20, 2017, 02:25:12 pm

Little people mindset.

Big boy football begins in the playoffs.

dukes424

Quote from: nastynice on September 20, 2017, 02:55:43 pm
Where are the PG/Ridge, PG/Shiloh, and Ridge/Shiloh games being played?
Pea Ridge Host Pg I think on 10/20 . We play Shiloh at their house last game of the year I think. PG usually plays Shiloh the week before they get us, not sure who is at home for that one. You can look up teams schedule at the bottom of the page just click on their team name.

dukes424

Quote from: AirWarren on September 20, 2017, 03:06:45 pm
Little people mindset.

Big boy football begins in the playoffs.
I hope we see ya there this year little fella.

AirWarren

Nacho

LJ06

dukes424

LineStepper

September 20, 2017, 05:03:24 pm #97 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 04:11:35 am by LineStepper

nastynice

By the time Pea Ridge reaches "Elite" status, they'll be moved up to 5a and have to start all over again!

beach bum

September 20, 2017, 05:25:09 pm #99 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 05:27:14 pm by beach bum
Quote from: LJ06 on September 20, 2017, 02:41:27 pm

I am solely talking about the 1-4A conference race.... If you have read my posts I have said multiple times to not take into account that LR Christian game. That team is scoring boat loads of points on anyone that plays them and will do that all season. The Central in 5A is loaded all together.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas