• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 4A Top Ten

Started by Mike Bonds, September 18, 2017, 03:49:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.   Arkadelphia
2.   Ashdown
3.   Pea Ridge
4.   Warren
5.   Pulaski Robinson
6.   Dardanelle
7.   Shiloh Christian
8.   Nashville
9.   Booneville
10.   Prairie Grove

Nacho

I'm waiting till Saturday to respond!

nastynice

Have you even seen Dardy play?......They lost to 3a team and barely beat a pitiful Clarksville.....They aren't even in the top 15-20 right now.

Oldbadger

I don't think I would ever put Warren and Nashville that low.  Badgers, Jacks and Scrappers 1-3 but not necessarily in that order.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: nastynice on September 18, 2017, 04:58:22 pm
Have you even seen Dardy play?......They lost to 3a team and barely beat a pitiful Clarksville.....They aren't even in the top 15-20 right now.

Lots of teams will lose to Charleston.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 18, 2017, 05:44:20 pm
I don't think I would ever put Warren and Nashville that low.  Badgers, Jacks and Scrappers 1-3 but not necessarily in that order.

The DeQueen loss is a head scratcher to me. 

cuckoobird

Lots of 3a teams would lose to them but not good 4a teams. Nashville has no defense plane and simple

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2017, 06:16:37 pm
Lots of 3a teams would lose to them but not good 4a teams. Nashville has no defense plane and simple
But we do have a winning record over the last 5 years. I bet you would trade.

nastynice

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 18, 2017, 06:04:04 pm
Lots of teams will lose to Charleston.
Not anyone in the 4a Top 10, not this year.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2017, 06:16:37 pm
Da plane da plane

cuckoobird

Mike Bonds

Quote from: nastynice on September 18, 2017, 06:24:29 pm
Not anyone in the 4a Top 10, not this year.

I doubt they'd all be eager to find out. Charleston is always salty, and looks to be so again.

cuckoobird

No one that's worth aplug nickle in 4a is afraid of charleston

LJ06

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2017, 09:31:54 pm
No one that's worth aplug nickle in 4a is afraid of charleston

Bingo

richboy

I doubt Charleston would schedule a top 4a school lol

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 18, 2017, 08:26:21 pm
I doubt they'd all be eager to find out. Charleston is always salty, and looks to be so again.

Why? Because they beat Ozark, ECS and a young Dardy team?

Mike Bonds

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 19, 2017, 06:15:59 am

Why? Because they beat Ozark, ECS and a young Dardy team?

No.

Because they've won 5 state titles in 12 years and they're one of the bettter football programs in the state year in and year out. I'm not saying the Tigers would beat everyone in this top ten. They wouldn't. But there's a reason teams aren't racing out to Charleston to sign up for out of conference games.

cuckoobird

Possibly charleston won't play a good one. Tell them to get a hold of the Stuttgart or Warren or PG ADs, I bet they will oblige the tigers if possible. I would have said Nashville but they prefer the weakest non conference they can get

Lizard47

I appreciate the respect but I don't think we (Dardanelle) belong that high on the list yet. Although 15-20 is an insult. If we beat booneville on the road in a few weeks, then I'll have something to crow about.

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 19, 2017, 07:06:52 am
Possibly charleston won't play a good one. Tell them to get a hold of the Stuttgart or Warren or PG ADs, I bet they will oblige the tigers if possible. I would have said Nashville but they prefer the weakest non conference they can get
The Nashville part of this comment isn't even the ridiculous part of it.  The part where you put Stuttgart in with those other teams is. #getabove.500 #loosingisahabit

LJ06

Beating up on the Hope's and DeQueen's of the world...oh wait never mind ;D

nastynice

Charleston has been the best around about scheduling non conference teams that are on a down cycle. They played PG a couple years ago and got skull drug all over their home field. They picked up Dardy with Dardy on a down cycle and turned down Booneville and several other tough teams to play ECS last couple years....They havent and never will schedule a tough non conference schedule.

PrivateLesson

For some reason, I thought Dardanelle and Charleston has played before? 

nastynice

^Not when Dardy was good.

Stealthfan

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 18, 2017, 03:49:01 pm
1.   Arkadelphia
2.   Ashdown
3.   Pea Ridge
4.   Warren
5.   Pulaski Robinson
6.   Dardanelle
7.   Shiloh Christian
8.   Nashville
9.   Booneville
10.   Prairie Grove

I suspect the 1-4A is being underestimated this early.  I see Shiloh is gaining respect but think time will tell they particularly have been underestimated.

scrapman

Quote from: LJ06 on September 19, 2017, 07:29:15 am
Beating up on the Hope's and DeQueen's of the world...oh wait never mind ;D
Not talking about just this year. I think our history speaks for itself.

cuckoobird

You like to talk about history but you forget who is king of 4a with titles

ThiefOfDiamonds8

Is this a 4A Top Ten of All-Time or of just this season? I thought it was just for this season but all these people are bringing up previous seasons so I'm not so sure about it now.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: ThiefOfDiamonds8 on September 19, 2017, 08:29:12 am
Is this a 4A Top Ten of All-Time or of just this season? I thought it was just for this season but all these people are bringing up previous seasons so I'm not so sure about it now.

Some people are realizing their team may struggle to reach the playoffs this year so they just like to talk about the old days...

ThiefOfDiamonds8

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 19, 2017, 08:30:49 am
Some people are realizing their team may struggle to reach the playoffs this year so they just like to talk about the old days...

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. For a minute there I thought referees were going to start inquiring about how many previous state titles each team has before kickoffs, then awarding them points on the scoreboard for each of them.

LJ06

Quote from: scrapman on September 19, 2017, 08:00:19 am
Not talking about just this year. I think our history speaks for itself.

Just picking man just picking

~WPS~

Don't worry about Nashville. We're just fortunate to field a team.

LJ06

Quote from: ~WPS~ on September 19, 2017, 08:51:40 am
Don't worry about Nashville. We're just fortunate to field a team.

That excuse is already saved for Warren. Try again.

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 19, 2017, 08:18:21 am
You like to talk about history but you forget who is king of 4a with titles
Sorry, I meant recent history, like in The Last 5 Years let's compare records of that.

scrapman

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 19, 2017, 08:30:49 am
I'm glad you finally have had some self evaluation of where the state of your program really is. Everyone else in the state knows, it's about time you come to reality.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapman on September 19, 2017, 09:28:52 am
I'm glad you finally have had some self evaluation of where the state of your program really is. Everyone else in the state knows, it's about time you come to reality.

Conference co-champs last year and favorites to win it this year, can you say the same?

I didn't think so.

Sportshawk

Quote from: Stealthfan on September 19, 2017, 07:38:35 am
I suspect the 1-4A is being underestimated this early.  I see Shiloh is gaining respect but think time will tell they particularly have been underestimated.
The 1-4A gets underestimated all the time.  Even when three of last year's four semi-finalists were from the 1-4A, there were some who still disparaged the league as "lucky" even though the 2nd place 1-4A team crushed the undefeated 7-4A team in the second round.  All that matters is how it turns out, and we will see come December.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 19, 2017, 10:07:10 am
The 1-4A gets underestimated all the time.  Even when three of last year's four semi-finalists were from the 1-4A, there were some who still disparaged the league as "lucky" even though the 2nd place 1-4A team crushed the undefeated 7-4A team in the second round.  All that matters is how it turns out, and we will see come December.

Theres a reason they are underestimated and rightfully so.  Things, population growth, have changed the dynamics to where we are today.  They will continue to change and you will see a few 1-4A schools slide up the classifications. 

beach bum

September 19, 2017, 10:13:53 am #38 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:17:33 am by beach bum
Because the other 1-4A posters(mainly Pea Ridge) are incapable of being unbiased I will break it to the rest of the 4A. The 1-4A does not have a team that is capable of winning the state title. I will actually be shocked if they even have someone in the state title game. Pea Ridge is not physical enough to win a state title, Prairie Grove does not have enough speed, and Shiloh just doesn't have the all around horses and depth to get it done. Shiloh has impressed me how they have stayed this solid though when people thought they may drop a little. I think those 3 teams sit somewhere in the 4-8 ranking range, but aren't quite at that level to win it all. Prairie Grove does its usual double dip of Shiloh Christian and Pea Ridge week 6 and 7 so that will tell the story. If Prairie Grove is able to not let Pea Ridge or Shiloh get a couple early TD's real quick in the first quarter and forced to play catch up then Prairie Grove will win both of those games by grinding out their usual type wins against them both and making them play their game instead. They might be able to get all 3 of those in the quarterfinals, but there is no way we see all 3 of those in the semifinals again like last year.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: Stealthfan on September 19, 2017, 07:38:35 am

It's a bit hard to say that the 1-4A is being underestimated when it has 3 teams in a top ten poll and 1 team in the top 3 of that poll. 

The 1-4A is lightyears away from where it used to be.

Gray lizard

I think it may take another couple weeks for the top 10 to settle in.  Shiloh looks like a team that could be on the move up.  They have good size and a passing game that a lot of teams will struggle to have enough secondary to cover them.
As for Charleston they are down some but still a great 3A team.  Dardanelle's kicking game should have won that game.  I agree Dardanelle is just out of the top 10.  They will only get better and their kicking game takes away special team returns a big factor in the Charleston game.

I notice a complete void of NE part of the state.  You would think at least one team would field a team worthy of a lower top 10.
I do think this top 10 list is way off and 40% of them will be out in 3 weeks.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 19, 2017, 10:32:04 am
I think it may take another couple weeks for the top 10 to settle in.  Shiloh looks like a team that could be on the move up.  They have good size and a passing game that a lot of teams will struggle to have enough secondary to cover them.
As for Charleston they are down some but still a great 3A team.  Dardanelle's kicking game should have won that game.  I agree Dardanelle is just out of the top 10.  They will only get better and their kicking game takes away special team returns a big factor in the Charleston game.

I notice a complete void of NE part of the state.  You would think at least one team would field a team worthy of a lower top 10.
I do think this top 10 list is way off and 40% of them will be out in 3 weeks.

I agree that NE Arkansas isn't represented here, but it's hard to make a great argument for those teams right now.  There aren't a lot of quality wins there, although I think Helena-West Helena (if you want to call that NE, since it's in a NE Arkansas-oriented conference) or Trumann came closest to making this poll of those teams.  HWH was just outside my ranking.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 19, 2017, 10:42:17 am
I agree that NE Arkansas isn't represented here, but it's hard to make a great argument for those teams right now.  There aren't a lot of quality wins there, although I think Helena-West Helena (if you want to call that NE, since it's in a NE Arkansas-oriented conference) or Trumann came closest to making this poll of those teams.  HWH was just outside my ranking.

I would put HWH at 10 right now, they'll win their next 2 and be 5-0 moving into a road game at Riverview that they could win as well.

prHOG13

Oh look it's beach bum talking about us again

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 19, 2017, 02:33:01 pm
Oh look it's beach bum talking about us again

Speaking the truth again....

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on September 19, 2017, 02:34:59 pm
Speaking the truth again....
Your obsession is unhealthy. It screams insecurity

jimbojack

Warren played (and throttled) 2 of those 1-4a schools last year. They were nowhere near the quality of Pulaski Robinson or Stuttgart. 

Sportshawk

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 19, 2017, 03:51:12 pm
Your obsession is unhealthy. It screams insecurity
if only some folks would be as animated talking up their own teams instead of disparaging others, that would be more fun.  Pea Ridge is a relative newcomer to the football elite, and you know how some folks just hate change. Fortunately, opinions and polls have nothing to do what happens on Friday nights.

LJ06

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 19, 2017, 04:03:53 pm
if only some folks would be as animated talking up their own teams instead of disparaging others, that would be more fun.  Pea Ridge is a relative newcomer to the football elite, and you know how some folks just hate change. Fortunately, opinions and polls have nothing to do what happens on Friday nights.

Football elite?

cuckoobird

+1 LJ. To be in the football elite shouldn't you have at least one state championship?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas