• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-4A 1st Week Of Conference Play

Started by MoChedda, September 16, 2017, 02:40:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChedda

Play Time Is Over With What Y'all Think Of This Week's Games

HWH VS BAPTIST PREP
STUTTGART VS BATESVILLE SOUTHSIDE
RIVERVIEW VS CAC
LONOKE VS HEBER SPRINGS

MoChedda

STUTTGART at BATESVILLE is probably the best game of the week.
HWH over BAPT PREP
RIVERVIEW over CAC
HEBER over LONOKE
STUTTGART and BATESVILLE too close to call

The Ref

Stuttgart vs Batesville Southside    Ricebirds by 16

Riverview vs CAC                          Raiders by 22

Heber vs Lonoke                           Panthers by 13

Helena vs Baptist                          Helena with the mercy rule in 1st half

RoadWarrior

September 16, 2017, 03:22:39 pm #3 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:10:19 pm by RoadWarrior
SS by 13

Riverview by 20

Heber starts clicking wins by 21

Helena comes out flat but mercy rule Prep in 3rd Q

SUGARTOWN

Game of the week in conference is Stuttgart at Southside. The Southerners are 3-0 but have a less than impressive non-conference schedule, Birds are 1-2 after playing 2 of the top 5 teams in 4A.

Hopefully the Birds offense gained a little confidence last week, albeit against DeWitt. It was good to see 400 yards of offense with a couple of long TD's in the passing game. The Southerners have never beaten the Ricebirds but played them within a TD last year with what was their best team to date. Details on the Southerners are hard to come by, not many posters on here anymore. I know Coach Simpson will have them ready as this may be the biggest game at Southside in their history. They have designs on a conference crown this year, it should be a great atmosphere Friday night. But I think the Birds will be up to the challenge.

Hats off the HWH for their fast start as well. They will be sitting at 5-0 after their next 2 games against B. Prep and CAC.

dhen

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 19, 2017, 08:41:42 am
Game of the week in conference is Stuttgart at Southside. The Southerners are 3-0 but have a less than impressive non-conference schedule, Birds are 1-2 after playing 2 of the top 5 teams in 4A.

Hopefully the Birds offense gained a little confidence last week, albeit against DeWitt. It was good to see 400 yards of offense with a couple of long TD's in the passing game. The Southerners have never beaten the Ricebirds but played them within a TD last year with what was their best team to date. Details on the Southerners are hard to come by, not many posters on here anymore. I know Coach Simpson will have them ready as this may be the biggest game at Southside in their history. They have designs on a conference crown this year, it should be a great atmosphere Friday night. But I think the Birds will be up to the challenge.

Hats off the HWH for their fast start as well. They will be sitting at 5-0 after their next 2 games against B. Prep and CAC.

Thanks SugarTown we are very pleased with the way our team HWH are playing this year.  I will just say they seem more focused this year than in the years past.  I know its tough rode ahead but I think the COUGARS can win conference and make a deep run in the playoffs.  We will continue to take it one game at a time.  You can't take any team lightly and hope that it works out in our favor. Looking forward to playing you'll this year. We know it will be a tough fought game on both sides

MoChedda

Quote from: dhen on September 19, 2017, 02:33:44 pm

Thanks SugarTown we are very pleased with the way our team HWH are playing this year.  I will just say they seem more focused this year than in the years past.  I know its tough rode ahead but I think the COUGARS can win conference and make a deep run in the playoffs.  We will continue to take it one game at a time.  You can't take any team lightly and hope that it works out in our favor. Looking forward to playing you'll this year. We know it will be a tough fought game on both sides
Most certainly this team has a different feel about them. They are not selfish and willing to put in the work to make a good team go. Stuttgart will most certainly be a big game and will have a major role in this years conference championship.

RoadWarrior

I don't know....HWH always seem to field the best team athletically but always tend to shoot themselves in the foot.

MoChedda

Quote from: RoadWarrior on September 19, 2017, 10:22:32 pm
I don't know....HWH always seem to field the best team athletically but always tend to shoot themselves in the foot.
This team is a little different they are very unselfish and have shown good discipline.

SouthernerPride

Really looking forward to the Ricebirds coming to Stewart Field on Friday. I don't post much anymore because I'm not as close to the program as I was while my brother played, but I will try to fill you in on as much as I know about this years team.

On offense we are led by Junior QB Koby Rich and a big nasty offensive line. Running back is by committee but expect to see sophomore Alex Palmer take the bulk of the carries, especially as the game wears on. On defense we are led by Safety's Marshall Wyatt(sr) and Caden Huskey(jr). The Southerners have experience in the secondary and DL. These same kids held Stuttgart within 7 points last year AT Stuttgart. I expect to see another very close game again on Friday night.

Coach Simpson has laid the foundation of a sustainable, winning program and will most certainly have his boys ready to knock heads.

Southside by 1 as we continue our push for a conference championship and another trip to the playoffs. Go Southerners!

MoChedda

Quote from: SouthernerPride on September 20, 2017, 09:42:02 am
Really looking forward to the Ricebirds coming to Stewart Field on Friday. I don't post much anymore because I'm not as close to the program as I was while my brother played, but I will try to fill you in on as much as I know about this years team.

On offense we are led by Junior QB Koby Rich and a big nasty offensive line. Running back is by committee but expect to see sophomore Alex Palmer take the bulk of the carries, especially as the game wears on. On defense we are led by Safety's Marshall Wyatt(sr) and Caden Huskey(jr). The Southerners have experience in the secondary and DL. These same kids held Stuttgart within 7 points last year AT Stuttgart. I expect to see another very close game again on Friday night.

Coach Simpson has laid the foundation of a sustainable, winning program and will most certainly have his boys ready to knock heads.

Southside by 1 as we continue our push for a conference championship and another trip to the playoffs. Go Southerners!
I think this will be a very good game and both teams should be near the top of the conference this year.

RoadWarrior

All eyes in the conference will be focused on Batesville friday night. It will tell if SS can remain hot or if Stuttgart can live up to rich tradition and preseason rankings.

Sportshawk

Quote from: SouthernerPride on September 20, 2017, 09:42:02 am

A big thing about Southside is that they are an emerging program.  Last year was their first year in the playoffs, and they are sky high coming into this season.  Southside is a great community and their team has a lot of good athletes back with last year's playoff experience.  The fact that they don't have much history behind their program may lead some to discount their potential, but it is there

MoChedda

Where does Bapt Prep play their home games

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: MoChedda on September 21, 2017, 04:18:03 pm

Field next to the school, 8400 Ranch Blvd. off Cantrell Road/Hwy 10 in west Little Rock.

MoChedda

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 21, 2017, 08:30:30 pm
Field next to the school, 8400 Ranch Blvd. off Cantrell Road/Hwy 10 in west Little Rock.
Thanks Sugartown

RyanLR

Quote from: MoChedda on September 21, 2017, 04:18:03 pm
Robinson, Little Rock Christian, and Baptist Prep are all about 2 miles apart from each other on Cantrell.

AirWarren

Quote from: RyanLR on September 22, 2017, 08:04:39 am
Robinson, Little Rock Christian, and Baptist Prep are all about 2 miles apart from each other on Cantrell.

Throw in don Roberts and you got one big cluster of a mess on school mornings.

SUGARTOWN

Major playoff seeding implications on the line tonight at Southside for the Birds and Southerners...and it's only week 1 of conference play. I've been looking forward to this game for a while. It should be a great one.

RoadWarrior

Judging from the game last year Stuttgart and SS is going to be epic!!!

MoChedda

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 22, 2017, 10:13:34 am
Major playoff seeding implications on the line tonight at Southside for the Birds and Southerners...and it's only week 1 of conference play. I've been looking forward to this game for a while. It should be a great one.
I will certainly be keeping up with the score

SouthernerPride

DOWN GOES THE RICEBIRDS!!

Southside beats Stuttgart by a final score of 21-7!

cuckoobird

I leave town and the unthinkable happens. Well, I guess a team can't go forever without losing to another. Good job batesville

RoadWarrior

Say it ain't so Cuck.......I couldn't have even dreamed that you would miss a big game!

FoxandHound34

What in Sam Hill is going on in Ricebird land Cuck?

SUGARTOWN

Ricebirds need to change up the offense IMO. They should change to a more run based offense. The spread just isn't working. They did this in the 2nd half last night and moved the ball pretty well just turned it over on downs twice inside the 20 (once thanks to a holding penalty). The Birds outgained SS in the 2nd half but just couldn't punch it in the endzone. You can't beat anybody with 5 turnovers in the first half.

The defense played pretty good, one TD was on a pick 6, the last one was on a tipped pass that luckily went right to the SS WR. The defense is keeping the team in games but the offense needs to step it up. The Birds have ALWAYS been a run first type of program, they need to get back to that. They have the RB's, they just need to take care of the football.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas