• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chapel @ the Cove week 1

Started by trojanman, August 16, 2017, 01:24:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trojanman

I'm taking the boys in blue by 26 over the cove.... What yall got

eldofan

A lot of questions for Pc to choose that score . I hope the Pc coach has success this year. Should be a good game though

SOUTHARK99

How many kids does PC have out this year?

trojanman

eldofan

Really sad for Pc considering they only lost 7 seniors last year .

old.dole

SOUTHARK99

Really not bad numbers. That's avg. for the conference. 

eldofan

August 16, 2017, 03:36:07 pm #7 Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 03:38:39 pm by eldofan
When u are one of the largest schools in the  2a classification,  30 to 35 is very possible .  They have 175 kids .

JC Guy

Quote from: eldofan on August 16, 2017, 03:36:07 pm
When u are one of the largest schools in the  2a classification,  30 to 35 is very possible .  They have 175 kids .
They will have that many cheerleaders and probably that many come out for basketball.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: eldofan on August 16, 2017, 03:36:07 pm

Believe Hector & Rison both dressed out 45+ for a playoff game a couple years ago...that's with the freshman moving up though. Hector is around 150 9-11...

eldofan

Yep not great numbers for a school the size of Pc

Proud Buckaroo

24-27 is pretty much an average for most schools in 2A.

eldofan

MagicMike

Why would you be comparing mc or pc to top teams?

eldofan

Bc the new coach is trying to build something and it's going to take more than what they have out to do it . They are one of the largest scools in 2A .

eldofan

His goal was to have at least 30 or more kids out for football

Proud Buckaroo

Give it time. If he does what he says he plans. More will come. 

bigworm

Im pretty sure hazen played in title game with 24 a couple years ago. That was before freshmen moved up. Heck prolly only 17 to 20 will play anyway. But its always nice to have plenty to practice and create a little competitiveness for playing time. Id way rather have 34 than 24 but seems like 24 is more common in 2a than 34.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: eldofan on August 16, 2017, 11:22:48 pm
Bc the new coach is trying to build something and it's going to take more than what they have out to do it . They are one of the largest scools in 2A .

What's funny is you really just described both schools. MC also has 170 enrollment and a new coach after a few down years. How are Magnet Cove's numbers looking? 

Rida4Life

I was told the Trojans have 30 on the roster.

eldofan

panther_forever

magnet cove by 20 or more easily can't wait for game day

trojanman

The Cove might get mercy ruled. I was really trying to cut them some slack earlier.

The_Wesson_Blessin

A buddy of mine's son plays for Chapel...trust me they ain't mercy ruling anyone lol

trojanman

He must not be going to watch practice

panther_forever

you should come to magnets team camps then because we haven't been stopped y'all are not ready for it I promise

MagicMike

MC has had some good backs throughout the years. Im interested to see if they stick with the spread under the new HC.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on August 17, 2017, 12:18:51 am
Im pretty sure hazen played in title game with 24 a couple years ago. That was before freshmen moved up. Heck prolly only 17 to 20 will play anyway. But its always nice to have plenty to practice and create a little competitiveness for playing time. Id way rather have 34 than 24 but seems like 24 is more common in 2a than 34.

I think des arc has won more games in the last 4 or 5 years than any other team in 2A and I don't recall a team with more than 24 players before the freshman were moved up. You can win with 24, especially if you have weeded out the bad ones which is what put you at 24

Proud Buckaroo

I don't know much about PC this year. Smackover scrimmages them Tuesday. I'll know some more stuff about them then.

old.dole

Rida4Life

Not ready to pick a score on this one yet but I will say PC is going to be a much different team than they've been in quite a while.  They will be returning back to a form similar to the Coach King era.  Maybe not the most talented, but will fight you for 4 quarters every night.
They win this matchup week 1.  I'll wait til closer to game day to pick a score.....

orange_powerade

Yalls only good player is gone.  Panthers are hungry.  We gonna take this one easy.

Rida4Life

Quote from: orange_powerade on August 18, 2017, 09:12:36 am
Yalls only good player is gone.  Panthers are hungry.  We gonna take this one easy.

OK.... keep thinking that..... we have NO talent at all... none..... especially not the guy that has scored more TD's against you than Jackson the last two years.... 2 of them pick 6's.  But he's probably just a scrub like the rest of our roster....

.....this could get fun by game week!
Ready for some FOOTBALL!

eldofan

There are still a few kids at Pc that can play . Jackson was good no doubt .

trojanman

We will see you week 1 when it matters.... we will pass on your team camp

BigLion10

Boy that orange Kool-Aid sure is strong right now lol

Rida4Life

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 18, 2017, 09:30:04 am
Boy that orange Kool-Aid sure is strong right now lol
For Real!!!! 

orange_powerade

BigLion10

August 18, 2017, 12:04:36 pm #38 Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:25:04 pm by BigLion10
You'll get your chance to prove it week 4 when you come to the Lion's Den, then we can talk

Rida4Life

Chapel competed toe to toe with 4A Hamburg and 3A Junction City in summer camps.... so I'm thinking they won't be too impressed with your "camp" resume......

orange_powerade

Quote from: Rida4Life on August 18, 2017, 01:17:00 pm
Chapel competed toe to toe with 4A Hamburg and 3A Junction City in summer camps.... so I'm thinking they won't be too impressed with your "camp" resume......

We played a state runner up in 2a and a semi finalist in 3a and looked good so im not worried about anything you did.

bearfan

Lots of people think that cove will be dark power. To me i think cove will be the same as they been the past few year and that is pretty trashy not very good at all. Chapel wins this game by 20 plus

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: Rida4Life on August 18, 2017, 01:17:00 pm

You really compared Summer Camp to real football? LOL

old.dole

Better comparison that people getting excited about 7 on 7

beaverfan007

i think magnet will be run first throw 2nd ive heard they have 19 srs and the coach has got them fired up so maybe theyll win big

MagicMike

Quote from: beaverfan007 on August 18, 2017, 09:41:02 pm
i think magnet will be run first throw 2nd ive heard they have 19 srs and the coach has got them fired up so maybe theyll win big

Last year they lost big so if they can turn around and win big, they might have something going. 19 seniors? How many total?

trojanman

unfortunatley they lose big again this year

JC Guy

I must say I like it that PC fans are getting in on the smack talking. Never thought I would see that.

eldofan

The new coach has got the community excited . I hear he has got a few of the better athletes off the basket ball team to play fb.

trojanman

Its the dawn of a new era in PC! All the coaches are working together to build a complete athletic program. Better days are on the horizan in Trojan Country

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas