• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week one Cross country vs Harrisburg

Started by Legendhogan51, August 14, 2017, 11:45:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Legendhogan51

playmaker04

If Cross County perfects the single wing they will be hard to stop because regardless of what some think the single wing is the ultimate smash mouth offense. No offense in history concentrates on the point of attack as much as this offense. It has packages designed for any team as far as speed and size. It's not all double and triple handoffs and end arounds like some think. People here single wing they freak out. Ok Cross County is running the"Power Shotgun Spread" then. It's the same thing but with a sexier name lol.

Ok,now to the game. Harrisburg looks slower than ever. I'll give them a couple garbage TDs late. CC 48-14

Hornet4ever

Legendhogan51

If you know anything about 2A football you no who cross county is they been in the 2A since like 1980 or longer and the only team that gave Earle a run for their money for  The past two years

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on August 15, 2017, 08:51:49 pm
If you know anything about 2A football you no who cross county is they been in the 2A since like 1980 or longer and the only team that gave Earle a run for their money for  The past two years

But the title of the thread is cross COUNTRY vs Harrisburg.

BigLion10

Only person I know that could beat Cross Country on foot is Forrest Gump, he just keeps running

Hornet4ever

Easy there killer, I know who Cross County is, I just didn't know who Cross Country is.

Legendhogan51

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on August 15, 2017, 11:12:49 pm
That Makes no sense but okay

It makes perfect sense. Considering the thread title is Cross COUNTRY.

Legendhogan51

It Spellcheck at the last minute and I don't know how to change it

Boss Hog

Legendhogan51

If cross county keep The ball off the ground we will win big 44 to 6

playmaker04

bdubyab60

Might wanna check those records again.

Hornetzone

Harrisburg battles, Wins in a close one 38-36

playmaker04

Worst refs and time keeping I've ever seen. Ought to be suspended

Hatchet

I wonder how the coaching change is working out for the school board now

Donnie Jamon

Bring Williams bk if ya can't beat Harrisburg 😂😂

playmaker04

We probably had over 200 yards in penalties. Scored game winning touchdown on an incomplete pass call a fumble. Our defense played great with exception of first series but couldn't get in sync offensively.

Bstep9

Quote from: playmaker04 on September 01, 2017, 10:27:01 pm
We probably had over 200 yards in penalties. Scored game winning touchdown on an incomplete pass call a fumble. Our defense played great with exception of first series but couldn't get in sync offensively.
I honestly did not think that Harrisburg would win this one. Congratulations to Harrisburg. I really hope cc turns it around but I believe we made a bad coaching hire. Do you still believe in the single wing?

playmaker04

We had plenty of yards. Just couldn't score. Single wing not problem. Oline missed to many blocks

mrkingark

Was at game, absolutely horrible.  They ought to fire McClure, Wilson, and this new guy, (You know the 3 musketeer SUPT's)make all the board resign and start over............Williams and Greenwell made CC great and Proud, ya have totally ruined a great program.  Bet Williams and Greenwell sleep smiling tonight!

Hornetzone

CC did screw up by getting rid of greenwell. But either way a Win is a Win. I'm proud for harrisburg. Having a coach that cares, I hope CC kicks tail now. It'll come together for sure.

playmaker04

50 carries 246 yards 7-12 94 yds passing. 5 times in red zone. Gotta score to win.

Hatchet

If CC wanted to run the true single wing with the spinner qb then why did they let greenwell go. He ran it under Wright at Hughes for years. I would say that their are only a couple of people in the state of Arkansas that know how to run the true single wing and they don't work at CC.  ??? ???

Pit Bull

The spinner is a lot more complicated than most will think because hand offs should develop as a natural progression of a spin to run... Timing is everything when it comes to ball exchange.

big E

Even when Havner was at PW he talked about running the single wing. He broke it out against Booneville when he was the head coach at two rivers and beat them with it. Most teams that run it have undersized quick lines.

playmaker04

3 turnovers and a 1000 yards in penalties is what hurt. Not scoring in red zone. Not really seen much of the spinner series. Fumbles weren't on exchanges. Center had trouble snapping the football accurate in second half. Rather see Boykin and Henderson in game at same time instead of alternating. Harrisburg had less than 200 yards on Offense. 99 pass 96 rush

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas