• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hope Bobats Fan Jerrold Merrick Rest In Peace

Started by Hoghead2, August 07, 2017, 05:08:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead2

August 07, 2017, 05:08:13 am Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:37:38 am by Hoghead2
As most know in the Southwest Arkansas area I lost my Road Buddy Jerrold Merrick due to a tragic incident. He was a proud Bobcat Fan. For the past 13 years we hit High School games throughout the Ark-La-Tex. It's starting to hit me now as we get closer to kickoff. Things won't be the same in the old south end zone at Hammonds Stadium anymore. Jerrold was a All State Basketball player at Blevins High just north of Hope. He took his talents to Magnolia to letter as a SAU Mule Rider from 1981 to 1985. He worked at Firestone in Prescott for 17 years and gave those Curly Wolf fans the business as much as possible. He later changed jobs and worked at the Domtar Paper Mill in Ashdown for 13 more years. He treated the Ashdown folks the same as he did the Prescott folks. Needless to say I miss My Friend !!!  As he would always say,    "Those Bobcats might be tough this year"

Fair Winds and Following Seas Jerrold.....

Jimbo Morphis

Sorry to hear it. Hope you find a way to enjoy the games.

Overdahill

Sorry for your loss Hoghead. It's rough to lose a close friend. We honor them by remembering them at those venues that were/are meaningful to us as you will undoubtedly do

Lumberjackfan1978

Sorry to hear this tragic news Hoghead. Prayers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas