• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff high has the best defense in the state 2017

Started by 2000ZEBRA, August 03, 2017, 10:31:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#iknownothing

Quote from: GuvHog on August 17, 2017, 08:46:50 pm
He went to Chapel and played last year so he is eligible to play this year and is on the team.
AGAIN WRONG! have you been to practice? I was in the stands yesterday and he is NOT on the team! talked to another dad that was there and he said HE IS NOT ELIGIBLE BECAUSE HE LIVES IN THE PINE BLUFF SCHOOL DISTRICT! how hard is this for you to understand? here let me simplify it for you he no play cause he no eligible. Better? good now we can move on.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: #iknownothing on August 18, 2017, 09:53:41 am
AGAIN WRONG! have you been to practice? I was in the stands yesterday and he is NOT on the team! talked to another dad that was there and he said HE IS NOT ELIGIBLE BECAUSE HE LIVES IN THE PINE BLUFF SCHOOL DISTRICT! how hard is this for you to understand? here let me simplify it for you he no play cause he no eligible. Better? good now we can move on.

So you're saying that he's not eligible

GuvHog

He is eligible because he played on WC's team last year. He did transfer to PB briefly and went through spring practice with the Zebras but because he never suited out to play a regular season game for the Zebras, he's still eligible at WC Now he may have chosen on his own not to play on WC's team but he is eligible.

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on August 18, 2017, 01:44:32 pm
He is eligible because he played on WC's team last year. He did transfer to PB briefly and went through spring practice with the Zebras but because he never suited out to play a regular season game for the Zebras, he's still eligible at WC Now he may have chosen on his own not to play on WC's team but he is eligible.

If that is the rule...its news to me.

Jimbo Morphis

Sooooo is he eligible? Guv is bound to be right at some point.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 18, 2017, 02:22:56 pm

We've had kids transfer in at semester(Jan), or later, and then go back to their original school during the summer.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 18, 2017, 02:22:56 pm

That is the rule. Now if he had dressed out for a regular season game with the Zebras, he would be ineligible at WC. He obviously has chosen not to play this year.

#iknownothing

Quote from: GuvHog on August 18, 2017, 01:44:32 pm
Public School
A student's eligibility for interscholastic athletics shall be in the public school district of the parent's 
domicile. 
• Only one domicile is recognized for eligibility purposes. 
• If parents are divorced or legally separated by a court of law, eligibility shall be in the public 
school district of the parent that has primary legal custody.  
• If parents have joint custody, eligibility shall be in the public school district where the student 
attended the first day of school. 
"Guardianship" is not recognized for eligibility purposes. 
• Legal adoption is recognized for eligibility purposes. 
• A student meets the domicile rule after attending a member school for 365 days. 
• A student can return to the public school district of his/her parents residence within the first 11 
days of either semester and become eligible as long as the student has not played the same 
sport in the same season. 
Transfers From Public School to Public School (Charter Schools are Considered Public Schools)
A student shall meet the domicile requirement if the student receives a legal transfer (school board to 
school board) from one public school to another. Board to board transfers must take place by July 1 
before a student enters grades 7‐10.    
Students transferring after July 1 prior to entering the 10th grade year shall not be eligible for one 
calendar year (365 days) unless there is a bona fide move from one public school district into the public 
school district that the student will be attending.  
2017‐2018 Eligibility Guidebook for Administrators and Parents  Page 3 

Direct quote from the AAA handbook. it says nothing about playing at a school last year.

GuvHog

Quote from: #iknownothing on August 21, 2017, 08:54:24 am
Public School
A student’s eligibility for interscholastic athletics shall be in the public school district of the parent’s
domicile.
• Only one domicile is recognized for eligibility purposes.
• If parents are divorced or legally separated by a court of law, eligibility shall be in the public
school district of the parent that has primary legal custody. 
• If parents have joint custody, eligibility shall be in the public school district where the student
attended the first day of school.
“Guardianship” is not recognized for eligibility purposes.
• Legal adoption is recognized for eligibility purposes.
• A student meets the domicile rule after attending a member school for 365 days.
• A student can return to the public school district of his/her parents residence within the first 11
days of either semester and become eligible as long as the student has not played the same
sport in the same season.
Transfers From Public School to Public School (Charter Schools are Considered Public Schools)
A student shall meet the domicile requirement if the student receives a legal transfer (school board to
school board) from one public school to another. Board to board transfers must take place by July 1
before a student enters grades 7‐10.   
Students transferring after July 1 prior to entering the 10th grade year shall not be eligible for one
calendar year (365 days) unless there is a bona fide move from one public school district into the public
school district that the student will be attending. 
2017‐2018 Eligibility Guidebook for Administrators and Parents  Page 3

Direct quote from the AAA handbook. it says nothing about playing at a school last year.

I suggest that you talk to someone affiliated with the AAA. It happens all the time. The poster in reply #55 confirmed that it has happen where he lives. Just admit you're wrong and move on.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: #iknownothing on August 21, 2017, 08:54:24 am
Public School
A student’s eligibility for interscholastic athletics shall be in the public school district of the parent’s
domicile.
• Only one domicile is recognized for eligibility purposes.
• If parents are divorced or legally separated by a court of law, eligibility shall be in the public
school district of the parent that has primary legal custody. 
• If parents have joint custody, eligibility shall be in the public school district where the student
attended the first day of school.
“Guardianship” is not recognized for eligibility purposes.
• Legal adoption is recognized for eligibility purposes.
• A student meets the domicile rule after attending a member school for 365 days.
• A student can return to the public school district of his/her parents residence within the first 11
days of either semester and become eligible as long as the student has not played the same
sport in the same season.
Transfers From Public School to Public School (Charter Schools are Considered Public Schools)
A student shall meet the domicile requirement if the student receives a legal transfer (school board to
school board) from one public school to another. Board to board transfers must take place by July 1
before a student enters grades 7‐10.   
Students transferring after July 1 prior to entering the 10th grade year shall not be eligible for one
calendar year (365 days) unless there is a bona fide move from one public school district into the public
school district that the student will be attending. 
2017‐2018 Eligibility Guidebook for Administrators and Parents  Page 3

Give up, it's like talking to a wall.

protegewill

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas