• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magazine Questions

Started by alaskanstorm, July 27, 2017, 06:07:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alaskanstorm

1.  I saw where them and  Dollarway have the same open week, any chance of setting up a game?

2. With the new batch of talent entering the senior high,  if things start to go south how long before the old ball coach is on the hot seat?

RATTLER43

July 27, 2017, 06:50:19 pm #1 Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 06:54:45 pm by RATTLER43
First storm sighting in some time....

1.  Doubtful.

2.  As long as kids are having fun, working hard, improving, fundamentally sound, building lifelong memories and relationships, and giving great effort he should be fine.  The winning should take care of itself barring injuries.

alaskanstorm

Doubtful, I'm confused, I must have received some bad intel.  I was told yall were developing some men down at the base of the mountain not millennials.  I was thinking a two week road trip to rector and the 'Way to show eastern Arkansas how y'all roll.

RATTLER43

We do have some young studs. We are playing the defending champions and preseason #1 so it is not like we are avoiding strong competition. I just doubt we schedule the Way.  2-week road trip to..... Lol.   But I do like your way of thinking.  I like good prep in playing good non conference schedule.

beach bum

The 4-2A got some pep added when Danville and Lavaca cycled in to make this a pretty solid top 4, but can Magazine grab a playoff spot this year? I'd like to see them get back in myself. I know Danville & Hackett will be good again and they say Lavaca returns quite a bit from a team that looked promising, but fizzled out last year. Mountainburg loses a ton of production, but they are steady as they come and I can't see them really ever putting a bad product on the field. I still think Magazine can move up the conference board some this year.

alaskanstorm

What do y'all have lined up week 2 and 3, anything?

RATTLER43

Not sure if we filled either date.

Adding those two truly helped beef up the conference.

Young, athletic, and very little depth. 

alaskanstorm

Head scratcher on the not avoiding strong competition, with two open dates it appears like competition in general 43.

I have a serious delima 43 and could use your guidance.  My son has really Taken an interest in running.  We just broke a sub 4 twenty and are working on getting it sub 3.  Im to the point I have debated breaking out the old Mickey speech "your a bum and you'll always be a bum" but I don't know if he is mentally ready for that.  Do you have any suggestions?

RATTLER43

I'm not into back to back open dates.  I prefer playing the games. I'll look into it for you.

Glad to hear it!  Running can be a lifetime thing and help in maintaining healthy lifestyle.   Your "talks" with him will be based upon where his mental toughness is.  Not sure the Mickey speech is it.   Better to get a daily dose of inspiration and save those talks for prime moments for lasting impact.    Magazine Rattler track and field page on FB is a good start!  Cross country page too.   

Now for the real question:  sub three at what distance? Lol

alaskanstorm

At twenty yards,  he just turned 4 so I wanted to build up his endurance at that distance and gradually move it back too 30 then 40.  I figure sub three is our goal right now. 

Hornet4ever

I'm friends with a fella from Magazine, and we've spoke a lot about the junior high boys due to him having a kid on the squad. I've heard nothing but good things, and their performance last year reflected it. Magazine will get back into gear, they've just had a few slow years.

RATTLER43

Hoping it begins this year with a move up the conference standings.   They sure are working hard this summer.

MICHAELSPAPPY

May be a year away, but should be headed in the right direction this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas