• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pre-Season 5A Fan Poll Voting

Started by AT, July 25, 2017, 05:31:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

I think with about a month before football season begins, this would be a good time to get this started.

For those unaware of what this is:

Rank your personal top ten teams from 5A.

If you are going to use abbreviations that's fine, but make sure it's an obvious one.

"W" does not work for Watson Chapel. "WC" does.

I am very basic with how I award the points to compile the Top Ten each week.

#1 - 10 Points
#2 - 9 Points
#3 - 8 Points
etc...

I don't think I ever told anyone this, but I don't calculate ties. If you say

"1A. PA
1B. Wynne"

I just give PA 10 points and Wynne 9 points. Usually the one you state first is the one you actually think is higher anyways. I do this because I don't want people to cop out and rank 5 teams at number 6.

You can vote every week and there is no limitation on fans from schools.

The few restrictions I have on voting:

I'll throw out troll attempts. Ranking an 0-8 team at number one might be funny but I won't calculate. I'm more lenient the first few weeks because you never know how good a team might be even if non conference isn't going so hot.

If you have a low post count, I'll 99 percent of the time allow your post. If you have multiple accounts to manipulate a forum poll, then you win unless you give it away somehow.

I'll take any number of polls. No cap. 50 people vote, I'll calculate. 5 people vote, I'll calculate. I'll close this around the beginning of football season.

My top ten

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Little Rock Christian
5. Watson Chapel
6. Alma
7. Harrison
8. Morrilton
9. Sylvan Hills
10. White Hall

Rick Swines

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Morrilton
4. Watson chapel
5. Christian
6. Batesville
7. Alma
8. Sylvan hill
9. Lrm
10. Harrison

AT

Quote from: Rick Swines on July 25, 2017, 06:32:30 pm
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Morrilton
4. Watson chapel
5. Christian
6. Batesville
7. Alma
8. Sylvan hill
9. Lrm
10. Harrison

McClellan I assume?

PA Dad

Yay!  I know we're getting close to the season when Trackster opens the poll.

1.  PA
2.  Wynne
3.  Batesville
4.  Watson Chapel
5.  Little Rock Christian
6.  Alma
7.  Morrilton
8.  Sylvan Hills
9.  Harrison
10. White Hall

Rick Swines

GuvHog

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Little Rock Christian
4.Watson Chapel
5. Morrilton
6. Batesville
7. Alma
8. White Hall
9. Sylvan Hills
10. Harrison

Deuceswild

1.PA
2.Batesville
3.LRCA
4.Wynne
5.MoTown
6.Harrison
7.Chapel
8.SHHS
9.Alma
10.McLovin

Overdahill

1. PA
2. Wynne

3. LRCA
4  WC
5. Batesville
6. MoTown
7. Alma
8. WH
9. LRM
10. Maumelle

AT

Quote from: Overdahill on July 26, 2017, 03:39:16 pm
1. PA
2. Wynne

3. LRCA
4  WC
5. Batesville
6. MoTown
7. Alma
8. WH
9. LRM
10. Maumelle

McClellan, correct? Only asking about this one because Mills could qualify under the same name. I'll assume McClellan.

Overdahill

you are correct; sorry. yes, i meant McClellan

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on July 26, 2017, 03:39:16 pm
1. PA
2. Wynne

3. LRCA
4  WC
5. Batesville
6. MoTown
7. Alma
8. WH
9. LRM
10. Maumelle

Hmmm, let's see. PA played with Wynne like they were toying with kittens. PA has many key players returning and reloads like they do every year and yet you place Wynne up there with PA on an island. Yeah, that makes sense. You may want to watch the state championship again, it's on Youtube. If it was a fight they would have stopped it before halftime. Like I have said many times before, you want to be elite at some point you must beat the elite. Tell you what, you try and stay out of a mercy rule game against them and we'll show you the photo's of what the exclusive clubhouse looks like.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on July 26, 2017, 06:17:05 pm
Hmmm, let's see. PA played with Wynne like they were toying with kittens. PA has many key players returning and reloads like they do every year and yet you place Wynne up there with PA on an island. Yeah, that makes sense. You may want to watch the state championship again, it's on Youtube. If it was a fight they would have stopped it before halftime. Like I have said many times before, you want to be elite at some point you must beat the elite. Tell you what, you try and stay out of a mercy rule game against them and we'll show you the photo's of what the exclusive clubhouse looks like.

Wynne made it to the championship game. Only two teams did so. Sometimes things go south quickly on a team during a game; that doesn't mean they are not a very good and worthy just like PA playing poorly against Sylvan Hills and LRMC didn't make them a poor team

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on July 26, 2017, 06:40:46 pm
Wynne made it to the championship game. Only two teams did so. Sometimes things go south quickly on a team during a game; that doesn't mean they are not a very good and worthy just like PA playing poorly against Sylvan Hills and LRMC didn't make them a poor team

That's comparing apples to snowboots. You starting by implying Wynne was far and above everyone else, on the same level as PA. That is a false assumption, PA proved that at War Memorial. PA played poorly against SH and LRMC but they won. They didn't get mercy ruled. Elite teams play poorly and win. Wynne fans seem to think it's PA, Wynne and then everyone else, that is not the case. It's PA and everyone else. They played this summer in a 7 on 7 game, granted that is no indicator of how the season will play out but as far as passing goes PA seemed to widen the gap between them and Wynne. It's actually quite simple, beat PA and then include yourself with them. Until then your in the chase group with the rest of us. No one is chasing Wynne, we are chasing PA. 

Overdahill

I'm a PA fan and I placed PA #1 so I'm surely not chasing PA.  I believe Wynne is a cut above everyone else but PA in 5A and they proved that last year and I believe they will show that again this year.

All year last year it was between PA and Wynne and yes PA won handily on a given day in December but it was still a two horse race all year IMO

GuvHog

Quote from: Overdahill on July 26, 2017, 06:40:46 pm

Wynne made it to WMS last year because of their offense. If their Defense doesn't improve, they'll be watching PA hoist the Trophy in WMS again provided the Jackets make it that far.

AIREDALE25

Okay, alot of yall have Alma pretty low in these.
Hootens has then at 3. I'm going with Hootens
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Alma
4. Morrilton
5. LRC
6. Greenbrier
7. Harrison
8. Watson Chapel
9. White Hall
10. Batesville

Go Postal

I noticed Harrison plays LRCA on week 3 in Harrison   That should be a good yardstick to see what the Goblins might do going in to conference the following week.

FridayNightFans

Postal, you may be looking at last year's schedule.  LRCA vs Harrison in week 3, but at LRCA this year.

Should be a very good game.

Go Postal

Quote from: FridayNightFans on July 31, 2017, 06:51:57 pm
Postal, you may be looking at last year's schedule.  LRCA vs Harrison in week 3, but at LRCA this year.

Should be a very good game.
You're right, it is in Little Rock. I was probably thinking about the following week when the Devil Dogs come to Goblin Stadium.  Both should be good games to test the Goblin's stamina and meddle.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: JessieP on July 26, 2017, 06:17:05 pm
Man I feel sorry for your wife if you cry and whine at home like you do on this board.....

GhostofRosswoodCC

1. Batesville
2. White Hall
3. P.A.
4. Wynne
5. Alma
6. Morrilton
7. LRC
8. Lakeside
9. Maumelle
10. Hot Springs
11. Watson Chapel

Rick Swines

Someone from wynne really made Jessie mad.

Overdahill

Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on August 01, 2017, 10:54:24 am
1. Batesville
2. White Hall
3. P.A.
4. Wynne
5. Alma
6. Morrilton
7. LRC
8. Lakeside
9. Maumelle
10. Hot Springs
11. Watson Chapel

Its tough being a ghost these days.... first you lose the body, then the mind  :D

Jackets3

1.  PA
2.  Wynne
3.  Watson Chapel
4.  Little Rock Christian
5.  Batesville
6.  Morrilton
7.  Sylvan Hills
8.  Harrison
9.  LR Mclelland
10. White Hall

JessieP

Quote from: #1jacketfan on August 01, 2017, 09:03:22 am
Man I feel sorry for your wife if you cry and whine at home like you do on this board.....

#1jacketfan granted, no one has ever read one of your post and wondered what year you graduated from Harvard but this one is baffling by even your standards. How do you get "cry and whine" from this post? this may make your list of "Head scratching" post, and coming from you that is a very impressive list. The English language is a very useful tool, you should really learn how to use it.

DEVIL DOG HOG

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Alma
4. Morrilton
5. Harrison
6. Greenbrier
7. White Hall
8. L.R.Christian
9. Watson Chapel
10. Forrest City

The_Pioneer

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on August 01, 2017, 10:29:19 pm
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Alma
4. Morrilton
5. Harrison
6. Greenbrier
7. White Hall
8. L.R.Christian
9. Watson Chapel
10. Forrest City

This is gold.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on August 01, 2017, 10:29:19 pm
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Alma
4. Morrilton
5. Harrison
6. Greenbrier
7. White Hall
8. L.R.Christian
9. Watson Chapel
10. Forrest City

Hmm, seems like someone's missing.  What's the name of that school that made the finals in 2011, 2012, and 2013, as well as the semifinals in 2014, 2015, and 2016?  Pretty sure they're still in 5-A? 

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Go Postal

Growth spurt as LRock overflow = move to 6A conference.  LOL

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: Go Postal on August 02, 2017, 12:41:14 pm
Growth spurt as LRock overflow = move to 6A conference.  LOL

We'd probably do better in 6A.  But I don't think we're going anywhere for awhile.  Just depends on a few factors.

zebrafan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 02, 2017, 01:53:22 pm
We'd probably do better in 6A.  But I don't think we're going anywhere for awhile.  Just depends on a few factors.
Do better in 6A?

Overdahill

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

As in, less parity. There are fewer good teams in 6A than in 5A.

Deltaswarm3

1.PA

2.Wynne

3.Watson Chapel
4.Batesville
5.LRC
6.Alma
7.Sylvan Hills
8.Morrilton
9.LRMc
10.White Hall

zebrafan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 02, 2017, 06:16:06 pm
As in, less parity. There are fewer good teams in 6A than in 5A.
I gotcha.

Youngsta71701

August 03, 2017, 03:28:24 pm #36 Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 03:30:36 pm by Youngsta71701
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Alma
4. Batesville
5. Little Rock Christian
6. Hot Springs Lakeside
7. Morrilton
8. Greenbrier
9. Harrison
10. Little Rock McClellan

Just a warning. Camden Fairview is gonna surprise a lot of people this year. Mark my words. This year will be the year leading up to next year when we're back in the semi's or finals. ;D

AT

12 polls in so far.

Keep them coming.

To piggyback off of Youngsta's comment, it's strange that with this many polls in, CF has no votes so far. A team that was starting to become a perennial power has fallen on hard times as of late.

Overdahill

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 03, 2017, 03:42:57 pm
12 polls in so far.

Keep them coming.

To piggyback off of Youngsta's comment, it's strange that with this many polls in, CF has no votes so far. A team that was starting to become a perennial power has fallen on hard times as of late.

Yep, Its just not the same without CFV in the mix

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 03, 2017, 03:42:57 pm
12 polls in so far.

Keep them coming.

Still on the rebound or rebuild. Whichever way you want to say it. But it's coming.

PA Dad

Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on August 01, 2017, 10:54:24 am
1. Batesville
2. White Hall
3. P.A.
4. Wynne
5. Alma
6. Morrilton
7. LRC
8. Lakeside
9. Maumelle
10. Hot Springs
11. Watson Chapel

Very interesting poll.

AT

Closing this Saturday night. Get your votes in.

patriotpride

1 pa
2 pa
3 pa
4 pa
5 pa
6 pa
7 pa
8 pa
9 pa
10 pa jv

Chip

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Little Rock Christian
5. Watson Chapel
6. Sylvan Hills
7. Alma
8. Morrilton
9. White Hall
10. Forrest City

Go Postal

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Little Rock Christian
5. Watson Chapel
6. Alma
7. Morriton
8. Sylvan Hills
9. Harrison
10. White Hall

proud_dad

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Alma
5. Morrilton
6. LR Christian
7. Watson Chapel
8. White Hall
9. HS Lakeside
10. LR McClellan

PercussionMan

If Morrilton ends up in the Top 5 when all is said and done, I would probably have to attribute that to coaching....and lots of it!!  From what I hear, this is a young team still with questions at the QB spot....either last year's backup (who has very little actual game experience at the helm) or a talented, dual-threat sophomore who has been praised by coaches since he first stepped on the field as a little guy.  May be an interesting year out of Devil Dog Country!!

Youngsta71701

I see Robinson put a spanking on Lakeside. Whoa...

Youngsta71701

Looks like Justice Hill helped out Little Rock Christian a lot. They might be dangerous... :-\

AT

I wonder if LRC will end PA's 5A win streak.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas