• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton Hosts Prescott

Started by bearbacker52, July 17, 2017, 10:49:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

old.dole

You know better than to talk to me like that when I'm hurting linda

bearbacker52

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 01, 2017, 02:29:03 pm
If I were a betting man.. I would say it will be a little more balanced this year.

its got to be, dont want to limp into games with the tendencies stacked against you.

Cheek

Hampton may have a good team this year,  but they are no where close to beating Prescott.   I just hope Prescott calls off the dogs early.  I would pick Prescott if Monta was still on the team. 

baseball13

CHECK you are just a Hampton hater because they put out those GREAT Lions last year.

Cheek

Quote from: baseball13 on August 07, 2017, 04:17:41 pm
CHECK you are just a Hampton hater because they put out those GREAT Lions last year.

No, I gave them their props last year, but that was last year.  Playing a game this tough early in the season is only good when you win.  If they lose badly, it could set the tone for the rest of the season.

BigLion10

They did put our Lions out last year but Prescott would have beat em pretty good last year. This year Hampton wont be near as good and Prescott is still loaded

dawgpound

Prescott lost a lot to and I've been talking to some locals from Prescott that said they ain't gonna be near the team they was last year

sickwillie

Man, you guys are just as ignorant as you were last year. When will y'all learn? Hampton by 6

bearbacker52

Quote from: dawgpound on August 07, 2017, 07:31:19 pm
Prescott lost a lot to and I've been talking to some locals from Prescott that said they ain't gonna be near the team they was last year

been talking to some locals really, guys standing on the side or did some coaches call you up and give you the scoop? last years teams would have been 50 50, but this year with superman gone. I DONT THINK SO.

KOJACK

Quote from: dawgpound on August 07, 2017, 07:31:19 pm
Those same locals were saying the same thing last year.  ;)

SOUTHARK99

August 08, 2017, 09:55:21 am #110 Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:32:35 pm by SOUTHARK99
Three more weeks. What will the Hampton fans be saying three weeks and a day from now?

sickwillie

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on August 08, 2017, 09:55:21 am
Two more weeks. What will the Hampton fans be saying two weeks and a day from now?

"I told you so."

eldofan

Nothing game  is in 3 weeks

bobthebuilder

Quote from: Cheek on August 07, 2017, 04:27:40 pm
No, I gave them their props last year, but that was last year.  Playing a game this tough early in the season is only good when you win.  If they lose badly, it could set the tone for the rest of the season.
I agree that it could be bad in some instances, but I like the idea of the early, tough games.  I believe if this group of young men had that head down, used to being beat up on mentality, an early loss might lead to a rough season, but this group of guys, especially the juniors, aren't used to losing.  I'm not calling for the Hampton win, exactly, but I'm also not giving them the loss...I'm just ready to see the matchup...hoping they can use the early experience to get better, either way.  It is comical, however to see this year starting like last year, though, when a bunch of folks said there was absolutely no way they would beat Fordyce, could beat Fordyce...good motivation for young athletes.

baseball13

I agree bob if Hampton goes 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2 to start the season it should still make them better in the long run. They are preparing for November and December not September.

Hgalum50

Im just gonna say this my dad does know the coach at Prescott, he said they are down this year, but it is Prescott they are still gonna compete and be real good jus like I believe Hampton will do the same so Ill say Prescott by 14!

HeadBussa08

Last time Prescott was supposed to be "down" was last year lol id say that season spoke for itself.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Monsta on August 01, 2017, 12:49:21 am
Curley Wolf It Must Be Some Great Grass In P Town If You Honestly Think SAU Will Win It This Yeah..Have You Forgot About Harding!? They Are The Reigning Champs and I Pridict Them Winning Again Truth To Be Told
Muleriders picked to win GAC
By submitted, 08/8/17 8:57 PM

SAU LogoRUSSELLVILLE – Following a 9-3 season that resulted in an appearance in the Agent Barry Live United Bowl, Southern Arkansas will enter 2017 as the Great American Conference's preseason favorite following a vote of the league's 12 head coaches, the conference office announced.

The Muleriders, who earned five first-place votes, bring back 12 2016 All-GAC performers. Quarterback Barrett Renner, running back Michael Nunnery and tight end Tanner Hudson all earned All-GAC Second Team honors. Renner registered his second consecutive 3,000-yard season and threw for 27 touchdowns. Nunnery rushed for 1,110 yards and 12 touchdowns while Hudson caught 48 passes for 763 yards and nine TDs. He also ranked third in the GAC with a 41.9 average as punter. With Jonathan Weisheit and Karonce Higgins joining Hudson, SAU returns its top three receivers. The Mulerider defense features First-Team tackle Travis William and Second Team linebackers Corey Jenkins, Malik Preston and Stacy Lawrence.

Harding, last year's champions, also garnered five first-place votes to place second in the poll. The Bisons rolled through the 2016 regular season with an unblemished record then became the first GAC program to advance to the quarterfinals of the Division II playoffs to finish 13-1 and with the most wins ever by a collegiate team in Arkansas. They return 11 starters, including eight on offense. They must replace GAC Player of the Year Park Parish and Defensive Player of the Year Trevon Biglow. The Bisons also have new leadership as Paul Simmons replaces the retired Ronnie Huckeba.

Henderson State picked up the final two first-place votes and took third in the voting. The Reddies bring back their two quarterbacks, Andrew Black and Evan Lassiter, who combined for 3,249 yards and 21 touchdowns. Jeremy Wilson tallied 10 rushing touchdowns as a freshman. On defense, Henderson State features Sam Johnson, who ranked second in the conference with 6.0 sacks and Cameron Sonnier, whose 15.0 tackles-for-loss also placed second in the league.

Ouachita took forth. The Tigers feature GAC Freshman of the Year Allie Freeman who amassed 1,416 all-purpose yards, third amongst all Division II freshmen. Ouachita also returns the running back tandem of Kris Oliver and Shun'cee Thomas who combined for 1,372 yards and 16 rushing touchdowns.

KOJACK

Quote from: Hgalum50 on August 08, 2017, 07:34:55 pm
Im just gonna say this my dad does know the coach at Prescott, he said they are down this year, but it is Prescott they are still gonna compete and be real good jus like I believe Hampton will do the same so Ill say Prescott by 14!
Prescott's coach picked Prescott to finish 4th in conference last year...but that ain't my business.

Lumberjackfan1978

Prescott will win this one and win conference

dawgpound

Them dogs are getting hungry

old.dole

That's not a good sign if they are just now getting hungry

fleaflicker24

Quote from: dawgpound on August 04, 2017, 01:38:24 pm
thats just ridiculous y'all have a new qb and so do we so what makes y'all 40 pts better bc I'm seeing a pretty good match up

An interesting matchup to say the least. THEY have more than just a WR coming back I just think Prescott is much deeper and faster. Hampton will have their chance and I wish them the best of luck! You can leave the "y'all" out because I have a connection to neither!

Delta_Bravo

Hampton plays Lake Village next Monday. Who and when does Prescott play next week?

KOJACK

Carljung

I heard from a Gurdonite that Prescott had a pretty solid move in...any truth to that?

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Carljung on August 15, 2017, 10:12:10 am
I heard from a Gurdonite that Prescott had a pretty solid move in...any truth to that?
About 2300 yards of offense through 10 games last year just landed in P-Town!!!!

KOJACK

Quote from: Carljung on August 15, 2017, 10:12:10 am
You heard right

BigLion10

Huge blow for the Go Devilites

Proud Buckaroo

Legit move or release from Gurdon? 🙄

AirItOut21

snoopy22

Proud Buckaroo

AirWarren

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on August 15, 2017, 10:17:24 am
About 2300 yards of offense through 10 games last year just landed in P-Town!!!!

Way to put an investigation target on your back nimwit.

Good grief.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: AirWarren on August 15, 2017, 02:50:02 pm
Way to put an investigation target on your back nimwit.

Good grief.
Not hard to get stats NIMWIT!!!!!

dawgpound

He meant advertising the move instead of keeping it quite

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: dawgpound on August 15, 2017, 02:58:55 pm
There is nothing to hide, the move was legit!

AirWarren

Quote from: dawgpound on August 15, 2017, 02:58:55 pm

Bingo.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: AirWarren on August 15, 2017, 03:02:12 pm
Bingo.
Question??? Why would you try and keep something quite, that is only saying we are covering something up when everything with this kid moving to Prescott to better him self to get to the next level is all legit.

AirWarren

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on August 15, 2017, 03:06:12 pm
Question??? Why would you try and keep something quite, that is only saying we are covering something up when everything with this kid moving to Prescott to better him self to get to the next level is all legit.

I don't know what keeping something quite is but I know what keep something quiet is.

If it's bonafide moving, I'm all for it. But rest assured, Gurdon will not let this go if it is anything suspicious about this transfer.

The coaches certainly don't need to have some blab on here putting stuff out there that may or may not be ready to unveil.

gooze55

will he be able to play on prescott team this year or what

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: gooze55 on August 15, 2017, 03:35:29 pm
will he be able to play on prescott team this year or what
It seems so, as long if it's alright with AirWarren!!! and Gurdon....

AirWarren

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on August 15, 2017, 03:43:20 pm
It seems so, as long if it's alright with AirWarren!!! and Gurdon....

It's your world man. Im ok with it either way.

gooze55

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: gooze55 on August 15, 2017, 04:26:37 pm
whats his name

Look up gurdon's roster. You'll know which one he I sent. Lol. He was their best player last year.

gooze55

found him if he play for Prescott he will be their starting QB

HeadBussa08

I know very little about this situation but It isn't a big deal just some added depth for the wolves if he's as solid as ya'll are stating.

baseball13

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on August 15, 2017, 03:06:12 pm

What is the difference between him going to Gurdon and Monta coming to Hampton to better themselves?

gooze55

Quote from: baseball13 on August 16, 2017, 09:05:25 am
What is the difference between him going to Gurdon and Monta coming to Hampton to better themselves?
thanks for that...... their no difference

KOJACK

AAA investigating??? I literally lol'd. Those clowns ain't dong anything that requires work. But let them if they want to. Everything about the move was legitimate.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas