• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOOTENS 2017

Started by SOUTHARK99, June 17, 2017, 11:29:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogg

Hootens upset because Earle preferred to play in ESPN Classic instead of playing Danville in the Hootens Kick Off Classic. We will play on the field and earn a ranking!

Cheek

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 27, 2017, 08:46:34 pm
I would have thought Earle would have been ranked higher

Me too.  They lost some quality players to graduation. But still return a lot of talent.

MR#1

June 28, 2017, 12:08:29 am #52 Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:54:16 am by MR#1
Quote from: WonderWartHawg on June 27, 2017, 04:21:36 pm
I believe he was replying to the 'always overrated' statement previously made.

@HorseFeathers: ^That. Hooten's, as well as state newspapers, tend to use historical data (as well as more recent data - e.g., number of returning starters and number of college prospects) in preseason rankings. And, the rankings are provided to generate interest and discussion. That said, the 2018 Rison team must win on its on merits (as must the 2017 team), not past accomplishments. However, the 'always overrated' comment is simply wrong in my opinion, thus, my response.

@WonderWarthawg: Thanks.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

They would have been if they were from south Arkansas. Lol

HorseFeathers

Earle has a 4* prospect at qb....and not ranked in the top 10....makes sense I guess

stuck in between

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 27, 2017, 08:29:21 pm
1 Mt Ida
2 Rison
3 CHG
4 Danville
5 Bearden
6 Hampton
7 Des Arc
8 McCrory
9 Conway Christian
10 Cross County
11 England
12 Earle
13 Hector
14 Carlisle
15 Hackett
16 Murfreesboro
17 EPC
18 Hazen
19 Foreman
20 Palestine-Wheatley

Hootens continues it's love affair with the 8. I see CHG being a legitimate contender and Rison is always going to be tough. A serious question though, why all the hype about Bearden this year? What has happened to cause everyone to consider them a virtual shoe in? They have averaged 3.5 wins the last two years. I know in the years previous they have ran through competition. Is everyone's expectations based on previous success? No disrespect intended. I grew up playing in the 8 and with Coach Horstkamp. Just curious. I figure Hampton is a top 20 team, but somewhere below the #15 mark. They have the wrong Bulldogs in the #6 spot that spot should be Earle's. Everything else looks pretty close to me considering it is only June.     

bear for life

Bearden has strong senior class with an very athletic class of sophomore who only Loss 2 games there junior high career

AirWarren

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 28, 2017, 06:14:46 am
They would have been if they were from south Arkansas. Lol

Since 1992, the inception of hootens, 44 state champions have come from south Arkansas.

From northwest Arkansas area: 43
From northeast Arkansas area: 10
From central Arkansas area: 22

They have good reason to rely on south Arkansas. Barring math and this quick summary I just did.

luxora4life

Quote from: AirWarren on June 28, 2017, 08:49:27 am
Since 1992, the inception of hootens, 44 state champions have come from south Arkansas.

They have good reason to rely on south Arkansas. Barring math and this quick summary I just did.

I see the North was broken down by East and West, I was just wondering how many are from Southeast Arkansas and how many from Southwest Arkansas.

HorseFeathers

What's defined as central? And going by the broad area the South is given....then it'd be 53 from North Arkansas...

playmaker04

Cross County and Earle both should be higher

playmaker04

My Top 10

1Mt Ida- losing 5 srs.from a team that made the finals. Huge Jr and soph class. Return LaGrange 1318 rushing 27 tds. QB Jackson and Helms 94 tackles.
2 CHG- lost QB Whitley but return Hicks 1252 APY,Hill 700+ rec and 11 tds and Garcia 600+ APY,Bearden 124 tackles
3 Earle- Bohannon will be tough to stop. A huge Jr class that dominated in Jr high.
4 Conway Christian- lost Smith 1328 rec and 18 tds and Houge 145 tackles but return QB Wood 3000+ passing and 35 tds and Gates 1266 total yards. Big soph class.
5 Cross County- lose QB Thomas 1356 passing and 14 tds,M.Boykin 549 rec but return 2900+ rushing yards. All-State KK Boykin 1396 APY 16 tds,116 tackles,Henderson 1305 rushing 14 tds,V an Houten 8 sacks. Big soph class.
6 Bearden-Played in arguably the toughest conference. Returns huge Jr and Soph class.
7 Rison- same as Bearden,big Jr class,huge soph class
8 Hackett- lose QB Stormed 1792 passing 23 tds and collins 813 rec 15 tds but return Shipman 1000+ rushing,mcbride 750+ APY,Hester 723 rec. Big Jr and sr class.
9 Des Arc- lose O.Conway 1185 rushing 13 tds and Williams but return D.Conway 1068 APY. Big soph class.
10 Hampton- lose Thomas 2000+APY,Hagler1100 APY,Childs 700+ APY but return a huge soph class and leading tacklers Murphy 111T and Stephens 93T.

AirWarren

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 28, 2017, 10:41:45 am
What's defined as central? And going by the broad area the South is given....then it'd be 53 from North Arkansas...

Cut it half. North Arkansas 53. Central Arkansas down 66.

Take away bentonville, fayetteville, and Shiloh. North ark is irrelevant.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Take away junction city from 2A and the south becomes less impressive.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: stuck in between on June 28, 2017, 07:32:42 am
Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 27, 2017, 08:29:21 pm
1 Mt Ida
2 Rison
3 CHG
4 Danville
5 Bearden
6 Hampton
7 Des Arc
8 McCrory
9 Conway Christian
10 Cross County
11 England
12 Earle
13 Hector
14 Carlisle
15 Hackett
16 Murfreesboro
17 EPC
18 Hazen
19 Foreman
20 Palestine-Wheatley

Hootens continues it's love affair with the 8. I see CHG being a legitimate contender and Rison is always going to be tough. A serious question though, why all the hype about Bearden this year? What has happened to cause everyone to consider them a virtual shoe in? They have averaged 3.5 wins the last two years. I know in the years previous they have ran through competition. Is everyone's expectations based on previous success? No disrespect intended. I grew up playing in the 8 and with Coach Horstkamp. Just curious. I figure Hampton is a top 20 team, but somewhere below the #15 mark. They have the wrong Bulldogs in the #6 spot that spot should be Earle's. Everything else looks pretty close to me considering it is only June.   

You can pump sunshine about Rison until you are blue in the face, but the cold, hard fact is Bearden handily beat the wildcats last year, and retains all of their players and arguably one of the best QB's in 2A. Everyone will struggle to stop Bearden's offense this year. If anything, Hooten's should have them listed at # 3. Bearden may be one & done, but 2017 will be the one!

AirWarren

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 28, 2017, 01:08:47 pm

Pine bluff. Warren. Nashville. Stuttgart. Rison. Eldorado. Fordyce.

Yeah. Junction city is the flagship.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on June 28, 2017, 01:38:05 pm

Don't give those Ricebirds too much credit haha....

HorseFeathers

Fordyce hasn't won a title in 25 years....which is the stat your using to determine relevance.

For North Arkansas.... Charleston, Booneville, rivercrest, Harding academy, greenwood...

Backwoods Bart

Your flagship is going to take on a little water here very shortly, on their home turf! Lol  ;)

AirWarren

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 28, 2017, 01:42:47 pm
Fordyce hasn't won a title in 25 years....which is the stat your using to determine relevance.

For North Arkansas.... Charleston, Booneville, rivercrest, Harding academy, greenwood...

The comment was eluded that hootens favors the south.

It's evident why.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AirWarren on June 28, 2017, 01:51:19 pm
The comment was eluded that hootens favors the south.

It's evident why.

Works in cycles like everything else....wasn't that long ago the south said the north was favored

stuck in between

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 28, 2017, 01:30:51 pm
You can pump sunshine about Rison until you are blue in the face, but the cold, hard fact is Bearden handily beat the wildcats last year, and retains all of their players and arguably one of the best QB's in 2A. Everyone will struggle to stop Bearden's offense this year. If anything, Hooten's should have them listed at # 3. Bearden may be one & done, but 2017 will be the one!

Dude, You beat them by 4.... On your home field. It was the only game you won against a team that finished above .500. Ease up on the chest pounding. I'm not a Rison fan nor a Bearden hater. Just asked a question.

SOUTHARK99

Facts are not welcome when dealing with Bart. I'd give you a +1 but I cant yet.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: stuck in between on June 28, 2017, 02:09:17 pm
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 28, 2017, 01:30:51 pm

Dude, You beat them by 4.... On your home field. It was the only game you won against a team that finished above .500. Ease up on the chest pounding. I'm not a Rison fan nor a Bearden hater. Just asked a question.

Check that end of first half score, before Bearden brought 2nd team in in the 3rd qtr, spare me the Dude diatribe please!  ;) ;)

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 28, 2017, 02:15:56 pm
Facts are not welcome when dealing with Bart. I'd give you a +1 but I cant yet.

I love the facts 99, sometimes guilty of massaging them just a little. Lol

bleudog

My guess is 11 of those 44 south Arkansas championship trophies since 1992 are sitting in Union County. 

AirWarren

Quote from: bleudog on June 28, 2017, 03:07:52 pm
My guess is 11 of those 44 south Arkansas championship trophies since 1992 are sitting in Union County. 

Between Eldo, strong, and JC. Yep.

Hogfish

If you count JC in that total Its probably  safe to say you are including North Louisiana in with South Ark.......  ;D

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: AirWarren on June 28, 2017, 03:17:54 pm
Between Eldo, strong, and JC. Yep.

In which they should it's the most populous County in the conference

bleudog

June 28, 2017, 03:56:28 pm #79 Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 04:01:41 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Hogfish on June 28, 2017, 03:50:30 pm
If you count JC in that total Its probably  safe to say you are including North Louisiana in with South Ark.......  ;D

C'mon man, if you can't bring something to the table, don't even come in the room.

bleudog

June 28, 2017, 03:58:32 pm #80 Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 04:00:54 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 28, 2017, 03:55:35 pm
In which they should it's the most populous County in the conference

But I wouldn't think Union County has 25% of the population of however one defines "south Arkansas."

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Hogfish on June 28, 2017, 03:50:30 pm

That's funny!  :D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I see reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points, as I plainly said 2A. Read and comprehend what you read before you post.

AirWarren

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 28, 2017, 04:05:55 pm
I see reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points, as I plainly said 2A. Read and comprehend what you read before you post.

Let the fans of teams who have a state title in their pocket talk.

You stay at the kiddie table.

mr.gametime

Who else does bearden QB have offers from besides Harding?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: AirWarren on June 28, 2017, 04:09:04 pm

Too many non-2A posters engaging in useless/worthless chatter on this board! IMO

BigLion10

I'm just complaining mine hasn't come in the mail yet

JC Guy

SHOTS FIRED!!!!!

BigLion10

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 28, 2017, 01:08:47 pm

That's kinda like saying take away Alabama and the SEC becomes less impressive. 

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on June 28, 2017, 06:39:04 pm
That's kinda like saying take away Alabama and the SEC becomes less impressive.

This is going to be some funny stuff coming up with all you sunshine Pumpers in 17'.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on June 28, 2017, 06:39:04 pm
That's kinda like saying take away Alabama and the SEC becomes4 less impressive.

But Alabama is still in the SEC, j.c. is not in 2A right now.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

June 28, 2017, 06:54:44 pm #92 Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 06:58:01 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES

Again, your lack of reading comprehension skills have came to light, my team does have a state title.

It must really suck when you try to be a smartars twice and fail terribly both times. Maybe you should stay at the kiddie table, that matches your skills on here.

JC Guy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 28, 2017, 06:54:44 pm
Again, your lack of reading comprehension skills have came to light, my team does have a state title.

It must really suck when you try to be a smartars twice and fail terribly both times. Maybe you should stay at the kiddie table, that matches your skills on here.
MORE SHOTS FIRED!!!

AirWarren

Quote from: JC Guy on June 28, 2017, 08:04:58 pm
MORE SHOTS FIRED!!!

Pellet gun. Arms choice of a perennial runner up.

WonderWartHawg

The new 6AAA (2018) will have a combined 28 State Championships between them (all by four of the eight teams)

Rison, Barton, 8 each.
McGehee 7
Dollarway 5.

That's in one conference.

AirWarren

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on June 28, 2017, 08:48:40 pm
The new 6AAA (2018) will have a combined 28 State Championships between them (all by four of the eight teams)

Rison, Barton, 8 each.
McGehee 7
Dollarway 5.

That's in one conference.

Stout history there.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AirWarren on June 28, 2017, 08:46:54 pm
Pellet gun. Arms choice of a perennial runner up.

Again your ignorance shows itself.

ONLY need a pellet gun for such easy prey.

cuckoobird

Anyone else who improperly uses the quote feature on this thread will be dealt with immediately. Reading comprehension down here is already bad enough. Consider this your last warning. Now carry on with your airsoft guns.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 28, 2017, 09:48:55 pm
Anyone else who improperly uses the quote feature on this thread will be dealt with immediately. Reading comprehension down here is already bad enough. Consider this your last warning. Now carry on with your airsoft guns.

Is the 3A board down this week? Just wondering why their posters are posting & discussing  their stats on the 2 A board.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas