• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hamburg vs Pea Ridge- Hootens Kickoff Classic 2017

Started by prHOG13, May 05, 2017, 03:59:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on June 06, 2017, 04:30:21 pm
The original plan for I-69 had it connecting with the I-530 bypass in Pine Bluff but the high ranking Senator from Mississippi didn't like the plan because it meant that none of I-69 would run through Mississippi so he interfered to get it changed to it's current designated route. The "Dickey Split" as you call it, was a last ditch effort by Dickey to save the connection to Pine Bluff. Needless to say, it failed to pass.

Dickey was also responsible for getting the money for the new Star City Highway (530) that when completed will connect I-530 to what will be I-69 just south of Monticello. He also helped get part of the money to build the new Pine Bluff bypass.

He lost to Mike Ross because he followed his Conscience and voted for 2 of the 4 counts to Impeach Bill Clinton. That loss cost Jefferson County Millions of dollars that went for projects in Texarkana instead.

Like I said he lost because his stance on issues. The 4 District didn't elect him to vote "his" conscious! More districts need to do the same!

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 06, 2017, 07:23:24 pm
Like I said he lost because his stance on issues. The 4 District didn't elect him to vote "his" conscious! More districts need to do the same!

No, he lost because he voted to Impeach Bill Clinton. Anything else he did or didn't do was meaningless in that election.

bearcat1983

This post confuses me. Booneville has them (Pea Ridge ) playing them at Bearcat stadium the first of Sept.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: bearcat1983 on July 31, 2017, 08:32:37 pm
This post confuses me. Booneville has them (Pea Ridge ) playing them at Bearcat stadium the first of Sept.
Pea Ridge will play Hamburg on Monday, Aug. 28, then play Booneville on Friday, Sept. 1. Pea Ridge will give up its Week 2 game against Green Forest.

bearcat1983

Gray lizard

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on July 31, 2017, 08:34:49 pm
Pea Ridge will play Hamburg on Monday, Aug. 28, then play Booneville on Friday, Sept. 1. Pea Ridge will give up its Week 2 game against Green Forest.

Not sure I would want to play those two teams with just 3 day off.  We will see but that is a decision they may regret.

dukes424

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Gray lizard on August 01, 2017, 01:45:16 pm
Not sure I would want to play those two teams with just 3 day off.  We will see but that is a decision they may regret.
Yeah they definitely could regret that decision

green-eagle

Quote from: Gray lizard on August 01, 2017, 01:45:16 pm

smackover I believe did this several years ago, end up doing quiet well.....

nastynice

Quote from: green-eagle on August 02, 2017, 11:10:06 am

Smackover played Hamburg and Booneville in the same week?  I don't remember that.

green-eagle

Quote from: nastynice on August 02, 2017, 12:57:15 pm
Smackover played Hamburg and Booneville in the same week?  I don't remember that.

YEP! nope smackover played a Monday and Thursday game within the same week and did quite well for the season.....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: green-eagle on August 02, 2017, 11:10:06 am

Warren smashed them in the second game.....and smackover made 3a semifinals that year...I think

green-eagle

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 02, 2017, 01:42:51 pm
Warren smashed them in the second game.....and smackover made 3a semifinals that year...I think
I believe the other game was against Junction city.....so the bottom line is this... it may hurt, but they are non-conference games you can go 0-3 and still be ranked high and win the state championship.... so play ball....

bulldoghistorian

prHOG13

Pea Ridge 31
Hamburg 17

7:19 left in 3rd quarter

1 yard run by Forrest for Hamburg

prHOG13

Pea Ridge 38
Hamburg 23

25 yard run by Winn

3:13 left in 3rd quarter

prHOG13

EagleForLife12

Pretty much watched this game from start to finish. Hamburg is NOT the same tenacious fast team that we have seen in recent years. I know this is the 1st game of the season and it is going to take a while to get in game shape but man, they were GASSED before the 1st half even ended. Offense has few weapons, whereas in recent years they had them all over the field. 1 TD came off a KO return and another came off a play were Pea Ridge's CB fell down, other than that the O never put a solid drive together. PR was giving them great field position with the short kicks.There offense has always been pretty basic since Cossey got there but he always had the weapons. This year he does not. As for PR, thats a solid team with a very balanced offense. Front 7 are great but you can attack both CB's and get something going.

Sports Guru

August 28, 2017, 08:52:28 pm #119 Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:24:36 am by CrossettEagles14
Quote from: EagleForLife12 on August 28, 2017, 08:26:46 pm
Pretty much watched this game from start to finish. Hamburg is NOT the same tenacious fast team that we have seen in recent years. I know this is the 1st game of the season and it is going to take a while to get in game shape but man, they were GASSED before the 1st half even ended. Offense has few weapons, whereas in recent years they had them all over the field. 1 TD came off a KO return and another came off a play were Pea Ridge's CB fell down, other than that the O never put a solid drive together. PR was giving them great field position with the short kicks.There offense has always been pretty basic since Cossey got there but he always had the weapons. This year he does not. As for PR, thats a solid team with a very balanced offense. Front 7 are great but you can attack both CB's and get something going.
Yea same as you said Hamburg just looked totally different

prHOG13

Offensive stats for tonight's game for Pea Ridge--

RUSHING:
Drew Winn: 
- 25 carries for 170 yards and 4 TD's (long of 30 yards)
Robby Pickthall: 
- 2 carries for 17 yards (long of 11 yards)
Chase Duncan:
- 6 carries for 40 yards (long of 23 yards)
Jakota Sainsbury:
- 4 carries for -2 yards and a fumble lost (long of 7 yards)
Tate Busey:
- 2 carries for 4 yards (long of 3 yards)

TEAM RUSHING TOTAL: 39 carries for 229 yards and 4 TD's

PASSING:
Jakota Sainsbury:
-14 for 19 for 222 yards and 3 TD's (long of 49 yards)
Tate Busey:
- 0 for 1

RECEIVING:
Hayden Holtgrewe:
-8 catches for 137yards and 2 TD's (long of 35 yards)
Jordan Witcher:
-4 catches for 86 yards and 1 TD (long of 49 yards)
Drew Winn:
-2 catches for -1 yard (long of 1)

TEAM PASSING TOTAL: 14-20 for 222 yards and 3 TD's
TOTAL OFFENSE: 451 yards

Pretty solid performance considering there are a ton of new faces on defense and no one really playing both ways right now. Had a couple errors in the secondary where a DB fell down to allow a long TD catch, and another long TD pass on 4th and 20 where our two safeties collided trying to intercept the ball rather than batting it down. They got talked to for quite a while after that one.

I think Hamburg is going to be pretty decent this year. I don't see them being in the cellar of the 4A-8 and think they'll be a 6-4 type team. There's still some talent on that roster. Really like that safety for the Lions.

Now to get recharged and ready for Friday @ Booneville...

Look A Here

Sounds like Pea Ridge is clicking!  Guess they'll get their rematch vs. Warren in December.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Look A Here on August 29, 2017, 10:55:54 am
Sounds like Pea Ridge is clicking!  Guess they'll get their rematch vs. Warren in December.

Don't count your chickens just yet...they may be on the same side of the bracket.  :D

AirWarren

Take it easy....

prHOG13

Yeah, still a lot of things to get figured out before we start talking seeding or War Memorial. They aren't  playing anyone both ways right now, so hopefully that will improve our depth come playoff time as the season rolls on.

Offensively, PR is going to put up points and big offensive numbers, but without playing Winn or Holtgrewe on defense, you're looking at 8 new starters to get up to speed with a couple of them being sophomores. That's a lot to work on, but I'm confident they'll get them playing at a high level.

Jimbo Morphis

Sigh

cuckoobird

Heck, England put up 62 on Hamburg last year when Hamburg was supposed to be decent. PR won't win their conference much less be in a title game...

Sports Guru

August 29, 2017, 04:10:49 pm #127 Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:12:24 pm by CrossettEagles14
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 29, 2017, 02:56:41 pm
Heck, England put up 62 on Hamburg last year when Hamburg was supposed to be decent. PR won't win their conference much less be in a title game...

I'd look for Arkadelphia, Prairie Grove or such in the title game possibly it gonna all come down to what the brackets are and who plays well enough.

beach bum

+1

dukes424

beach bum the one that said Nash would mercy rule the Ridge last year has rationale football thinking - Not. 

prHOG13

Ole Legend

England actually scored 42 last year on Hamburg......

prHOG13

Quote from: Ole Legend on August 29, 2017, 08:03:46 pm
England actually scored 42 last year on Hamburg......
Yeah, but it felt like 62 points

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas