• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hamburg vs Pea Ridge- Hootens Kickoff Classic 2017

Started by prHOG13, May 05, 2017, 03:59:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

Sounds like this game is all but finalized to be played on 8/28 at the University of Central Arkansas. Had heard that Hamburg was trying to duck playing us again ;) and wanted to play a 5A school but couldn't find any takers. It was fun talking a little trash with the Hamburg folks on here last year and look forward to this one again. Pea Ridge returns a lot including their QB, top WR's (with the addition of another very good WR), biggest playmaker at RB/CB, and most of their LB corps. They lost 4 OL to graduation and their safety. It's my understanding that Hamburg lost quite a bit to graduation.

Here's last years quarterfinals thread between these two teams:
http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=149895.0

Pea Ridge will have to play this game on a Monday, and then travel to Booneville to play them on that Friday, then have the next week off. Will be a tough week for them.

Sports Guru

May 05, 2017, 06:29:40 pm #1 Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:32:22 pm by CrossettEagles14
Oh my my my Pea Ridge by 30

Dang I dint even remember starting yalls thread last year. But Ill make the first prediction haha. Pea ridge is pretty darn good if Hamburg is gonna be as down as I been hearin it may be worse than 30!

nastynice

GuvHog

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 05, 2017, 03:59:57 pm
Sounds like this game is all but finalized to be played on 8/28 at the University of Central Arkansas. Had heard that Hamburg was trying to duck playing us again ;) and wanted to play a 5A school but couldn't find any takers. It was fun talking a little trash with the Hamburg folks on here last year and look forward to this one again. Pea Ridge returns a lot including their QB, top WR's (with the addition of another very good WR), biggest playmaker at RB/CB, and most of their LB corps. They lost 4 OL to graduation and their safety. It's my understanding that Hamburg lost quite a bit to graduation.

Here's last years quarterfinals thread between these two teams:
http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=149895.0

Pea Ridge will have to play this game on a Monday, and then travel to Booneville to play them on that Friday, then have the next week off. Will be a tough week for them.

It's my understanding that Hamburg wanted the game to be played at UAPB as part of that Hooten's Classic double header but Pea Ridge balked on playing there and it was moved to UCA. The NWA school obviously had more pull with the Hootens.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: GuvHog on May 06, 2017, 12:00:53 pm
It's my understanding that Hamburg wanted the game to be played at UAPB as part of that Hooten's Classic double header but Pea Ridge balked on playing there and it was moved to UCA. The NWA school obviously had more pull with the Hootens.

Or you know the location that's a halfway point between the two schools won...instead of Pea Ridge having to drive 4+ hours just a thought?

prHOG13

Quote from: GuvHog on May 06, 2017, 12:00:53 pm
Yeah sure. UCA makes a heck of a lot more sense than UAPB.

prHOG13

GuvHog

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 06, 2017, 12:52:47 pm
Yeah sure. UCA makes a heck of a lot more sense than UAPB.

.......For Pea Ridge. UAPB was too close to Hamburg for Pea Ridge.

prHOG13

Quote from: GuvHog on May 07, 2017, 02:13:20 pm
.......For Pea Ridge. UAPB was too close to Hamburg for Pea Ridge.
UAPB is a dump. I'm glad our administration didn't give in to that ridiculous request

GuvHog

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 07, 2017, 02:55:46 pm
UAPB is a dump. I'm glad our administration didn't give in to that ridiculous request

That stadium does indeed need some work but it isn't too bad. That Pea Ridge- Hamburg game is one I'd like to see.

Da Truff

Loosing 4 OL could be a killer for Pea Ridge, that offense is dependent on good OL play and having 4 SRs leave is tough to overcome. 

prHOG13

Quote from: Da Truff on May 08, 2017, 09:01:04 am
Loosing 4 OL could be a killer for Pea Ridge, that offense is dependent on good OL play and having 4 SRs leave is tough to overcome.
definitely going to be interesting to see how well the new crop transitions into the starting lineup. Our line was pretty small last year outside of one kid. One of the projected starters last year missed the entire year last season due to injury and he should be one of our best OL this year. I think there will be more size on the OL this season compared to last year, but not sure yet if they're going to be the same type of dogs that those guys were last year. Time will tell

HG Hornet

I've said it before on here, but Pea Ridge got one of our big men over the summer before season began last year.  He came down here to attend CHG Prom and I visited with him for just a bit.  He's a gamer and will be tough to move!  Wish Z-Hump was still a CHG Hornet. 

prHOG13

Quote from: CHG Hornet on May 08, 2017, 08:57:32 pm
I've said it before on here, but Pea Ridge got one of our big men over the summer before season began last year.  He came down here to attend CHG Prom and I visited with him for just a bit.  He's a gamer and will be tough to move!  Wish Z-Hump was still a CHG Hornet.
Yeah that's the one I was talking about in my post above yours

HG Hornet

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 09, 2017, 12:37:36 am
Yeah that's the one I was talking about in my post above yours
I figured so.  He's a great kid and is very good in the classroom too.  He'll make something of himself.  Good luck to Pea Ridge this year.

Eaglemaniac

Razorback Red

As Bentonville and Rogers both continue to grow, so will Pea Ridge as some folks move from the larger schools.  This will only help their athletic programs that are already on the rise.  With that said, both Bentonville and Rogers passed millage increases tonight and the PR millage failed. 

prHOG13

Quote from: Razorback Red on May 09, 2017, 09:20:37 pm
As Bentonville and Rogers both continue to grow, so will Pea Ridge as some folks move from the larger schools.  This will only help their athletic programs that are already on the rise.  With that said, both Bentonville and Rogers passed millage increases tonight and the PR millage failed.
yeah, its tough for PR and a disappointing result but I think (hope?) it'll pass the next time around if they try to do it again in November.

zebradynasty

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 07, 2017, 02:55:46 pm

UAPB stadium a dump? $14 Million dollar stadium less than 20 years old!

http://www.stadiumsusa.com/stadium/golden-lion-stadium-71601/UAPB+Pine+Bluff

AirWarren

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 15, 2017, 03:44:00 pm

It was an ignorant comment. Anyone that has played a kickoff classic game at UAPB will tell you it's a nice venue.

Those pea ridge people are just mad because they couldn't finish with a state title in football, basketball and now baseball. Lots of especially upset up there.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on May 15, 2017, 04:06:59 pm
It was an ignorant comment. Anyone that has played a kickoff classic game at UAPB will tell you it's a nice venue.

Those pea ridge people are just mad because they couldn't finish with a state title in football, basketball and now baseball. Lots of especially upset up there.

No problem I just want the truth to be out there. Truthfully, Hooten's need to find more relevant teams to play at UAPB. The elation in the change of venue is mutual.

beach bum

cuckoobird

Pea ridge will be world beaters until the playoffs

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 15, 2017, 07:06:55 pm

Those scrappy Tigers from Prairie Grove will get them before that....

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: beach bum on May 15, 2017, 07:14:19 pm
I believe you are right their

SUGARTOWN

Or softball. They lost in the quarters to the Ricebirds.  :)

Gray lizard

That should be a good match up to kick off the year.  Let us know how the North may fair against the South.

dukes424

The Hawks had an outstanding year in all sports There is no one upset here, anyone that would think that would be ignorant.  ;D

dukes424

Quote from: beach bum on May 15, 2017, 07:14:19 pm
The Tigers will go down faster then the titanic this year. Better bring a life boat when you come to the Ridge this year.....

dukes424

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 15, 2017, 07:06:55 pm
Hopefully we can match up with your team and give em a spankin or two :o

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: dukes424 on May 16, 2017, 11:59:15 am
Hopefully we can match up with your team and give em a spankin or two :o

Or two? Doubt we'd play you twice in football this year. Lol

prHOG13

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 15, 2017, 03:44:00 pm

Yeah looks great

Yeah, lots to be depressed about  ::)

zebradynasty

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 16, 2017, 01:53:16 pm
Yeah looks great

That is a picture of a grass field in WINTER long after football is over. During the season it looks just like pictures in the link I provided. I know we live in a time where facts don't matter but posting a picture of a grass field in the winter suggesting that's how it looks all the time....is just dishonest!

Rugman15

Quote from: dukes424 on May 16, 2017, 10:46:41 am
The Tigers will go down faster then the titanic this year. Better bring a life boat when you come to the Ridge this year.....

SUGARTOWN

I can understand not wanting to travel all the way to Pine Bluff when you can play in Conway, but complaining about the stadium is just dumb. There's nothing wrong at all with the stadium at UAPB.

zebradynasty

It is what it is.... ::) Besides that I hope someone can put pressure on Hooten's to make a deal that would put at least one powerhouse team playing at UAPB. Would love a Warren vs PBH deal or PBH vs NLR. Suttgart vs Dollarway...A preseason classic is suppose to be a matchup of teams people want to see!

AirWarren

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 16, 2017, 01:53:16 pm
Yeah looks great

Two can play the pick and choose game from internet pictures.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 16, 2017, 02:38:07 pm
It is what it is.... ::) Besides that I hope someone can put pressure on Hooten's to make a deal that would put at least one powerhouse team playing at UAPB. Would love a Warren vs PBH deal or PBH vs NLR. Suttgart vs Dollarway...A preseason classic is suppose to be a matchup of teams people want to see!

That would be ok with me. I don't think Pea Ridge would have brought a huge crowd.

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on May 16, 2017, 03:02:26 pm
Two can play the pick and choose game from internet pictures.

Yeah my point is I'll still take UCA 10 times out of 10 if those are the options we are working with. Anyone that prefers UAPB over UCA is an idiot. Its in the central part of the state and is ~2.5 hours travel time for both schools. You can continue to frame your argument that PR is scared to travel to the south or something retarded like that if you want. 

zebradynasty

What!? I fully understand not wanting the extra hour drive nobody is holding that against you. It's the outright LIE that UAPB stadium is a dump! UCA has a nice facility hopefully no one goes into a seizure looking at that field. LOL!. Not a huge difference in the facilities.

prHOG13

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 16, 2017, 03:33:26 pm
What!? I fully understand not wanting the extra hour drive nobody is holding that against you. It's the outright LIE that UAPB stadium is a dump! UCA has a nice facility hopefully no one goes into a seizure looking at that field. LOL!. Not a huge difference in the facilities.
Were there updates to it recently? I went there a couple years ago and I wasn't impressed at all. It's fine that we have differing opinions and sorry if I offended you. I've watched the All Star game at UCA and it's a much nicer stadium imo.

BigLion10

Must have been about 15 years ago UAPB stadium is very nice played their last year

zebradynasty

May 16, 2017, 03:49:37 pm #42 Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:51:41 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: prHOG13 on May 16, 2017, 03:37:20 pm
Were there updates to it recently? I went there a couple years ago and I wasn't impressed at all. It's fine that we have differing opinions and sorry if I offended you. I've watched the All Star game at UCA and it's a much nicer stadium imo.

Specifics? No it is not a top of line with all the options stadium. But it's far and away better than 99.9 percent of most high school stadiums in Arkansas. UCA stadium is newer so it looks shiney but UAPB is much bigger. What game did you attend here?

prHOG13

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 16, 2017, 03:49:37 pm
Specifics? No it is not a top of line with all the options stadium. But it's far and away better than 99.9 percent of most high school stadiums in Arkansas. UCA stadium is newer so it looks shiney but UAPB is much bigger. What game did you attend here?
it was a game against MVSU in 2010 I think. Had a friend playing in that one.

GuvHog

It is indeed a nice stadium. The only complaint I had was when I went to the Hooten's Classic year before last. I had a pass to sit in the indoor seating in the Press box but the elevator was out of order. For a healthy person, that's not a problem but I'm a disabled Heart Disease patient and I darn near had another heart attack climbing up those stands to get there. Hopefully they have it repaired now.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 16, 2017, 03:49:37 pm

I think the biggest difference between the two is UCA has an artificial turf field but UAPB's field is still grass.

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on May 16, 2017, 04:14:38 pm
I think the biggest difference between the two is UCA has an artificial turf field but UAPB's field is still grass.

Yeah as far as I know there are no plans for turf. Got to get the other sports venues up to par first.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on May 16, 2017, 04:14:38 pm
Yea but it's the color of Barney.

beach bum

ea cat

Purple and Gray. Hamburg should feel right at Home. But PR shouldn't see this as a game to judge the South, since Hamburg will be down this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas