• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The best

Started by RabidWolf, April 21, 2017, 08:07:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RabidWolf

Who is the best High School baseball player you've seen come through Arkansas?

Head Lion

Brooks Robinson & Tori Hunter

RabidWolf

To be clear, I mean that you've personally watched play high school ball

BannerMountainMan

Ben Madison was really good but he really went down hill

BrianfromCarlisle

RabidWolf

What happened to Madison? Wasn't he drafted out of HS?

TheSpecial

Paxton Wallace, and ready to see how his little brother turns out. Paxton has all the tools, and shows them every game I have been to. Impressive, humble kid. High ceiling.

LeftBench

Ben Madison was fantastic. Very explosive and smooth. Probably the fastest kid I've ever seen play baseball.

RabidWolf

I saw him play basketball, never baseball. As big as he was, the kid could absolutely fly. Hope is playing a sport somewhere. He was very gifted.

OlGuyWicker

RabidWolf

BrianfromCarlisle

Sylvan Hills.  Razorbacks. Padres. Mets.  86 World Series champion

ricepig

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on April 22, 2017, 08:11:25 pm

Youngsters......

RabidWolf

April 22, 2017, 09:05:07 pm #13 Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:08:15 pm by RabidWolf
I'm well aware of his career. Just didn't know where he went to HS. far from a youngster! Haha

Head Lion

From an old timer who has kept up with it awhile, Most of the "real" old timers say Don Kessinger was the best all around ball player to come from the state. Someone from my day who was a pretty dang good all around athlete was Richard Brothers from Rivercrest.

Chin Music

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on April 22, 2017, 08:11:25 pm

McReynolds was traded to the Mets after the 86 season.  He was not on that World Series team.

BrianfromCarlisle

Correct.  My fault

Skip Baymore

April 30, 2017, 10:46:03 pm #17 Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:03:33 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Head Lion on April 21, 2017, 09:06:04 pm
Brooks Robinson & Tori Hunter

My dad lived about 2 blocks away from Brooks as a kid, near the Deaf School in L.R.  My dad and his friends (3 or 4 years older than Brooks), would be throwing the baseball around at the Deaf School.  Brooks wanted to come play with them and they would try to get rid of him - do the old "I think we heard your mom calling Brooks."  Lol.  They might have let him hang if they had known what was to come.  Also, my brother played against Kevin McReynolds in a LR vs. NLR all-star game, prob. in about 1975 or 76.  My brother was shortstop for the LR team (Charles Ripley the coach).  He said McReynolds drove the hardest line drive he had ever seen right at him, like a bullet and a knuckle-ball at the same time.  My brother actually caught it but said he feared for his life for a split second. 

Nomad1324

That I've seen personally? Jason Belcher from Walnut Ridge.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas