• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8AA 2017

Started by SOUTHARK99, April 13, 2017, 05:58:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HG Hornet

Quote from: Yogi bear on July 23, 2017, 01:35:15 pm
Bearden had a coach and a player leave for springhill. I also heard H.G. had three coaches leave any truth to that chg hornet?
Yep.  Coach DJ Keithley took the head coaching job at Bismark and took Coach Bryan Lee with him.  Coach Eric Lewis took a job somewhere working for his dad.

CHG hired a new assistant coach from Foreman. 

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Yogi bear on July 23, 2017, 01:35:15 pm
Bearden had a coach and a player leave for springhill. I also heard H.G. had three coaches leave any truth to that chg hornet?

Who?

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: AirWarren on July 23, 2017, 03:37:24 pm
Any pictures?

No, sorry. I'm not living down there now and haven't been by in person. Passing along what I hear and read in the paper from there. Sure it's not much to look at at the moment, I assume that by now they have started preparing the base, building it back up from taking the 2 feet of soil out.

AirWarren

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on July 24, 2017, 11:06:31 am
No, sorry. I'm not living down there now and haven't been by in person. Passing along what I hear and read in the paper from there. Sure it's not much to look at at the moment, I assume that by now they have started preparing the base, building it back up from taking the 2 feet of soil out.

Thanks.

See if you can get anyone to send some pictures. The whole process is cool.

SOUTHARK99

Any updates on the turf. I would like to see a pic

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on August 07, 2017, 01:04:04 pm
Any updates on the turf. I would like to see a pic

Went through there last week. Looked like they were finishing up the roughing in of the dirt work. Lot of finish work and all of this rain can't be helping to stay on schedule

WonderWartHawg

First game is away, @ Fordyce, so that gives an extra week to finish up. Think it's Baptist Prep (AAAA) that comes to Rison second game this year. They owe us a return game. Ought to be a good one, was a thriller there last year. Going to say a lot if Cats could come out 2-0, but it sure won't be easy.

baseball13

How is the field in Rison coming?

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on August 08, 2017, 02:48:10 pm
First game is away, @ Fordyce, so that gives an extra week to finish up. Think it's Baptist Prep (AAAA) that comes to Rison second game this year. They owe us a return game. Ought to be a good one, was a thriller there last year. Going to say a lot if Cats could come out 2-0, but it sure won't be easy.

SOUTHARK99

Looks like every team will start the year with a team. Woodlawn and Hermitage both with around 13 or 14. All the other teams are higher than 25. Its almost here!!!!

old.dole

They had the conference meeting yet?

Rida4Life

I have heard rumors that Woodlawn might not play..... any truth to those rumors?

trojanman

I heard they were moving up the 9th graders to play senior high and scrapping the junior high

SOUTHARK99

I bet they have more on the Baseball team than 13.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on August 17, 2017, 12:41:23 pm
I bet they have more on the Baseball team than 13.

Only 18 on last years baseball roster so there isn't much difference.

Rida4Life

This is an alarming trend in small schools..... Woodlawn won't be the last one to cancel the season.  I hope it's not a sign of the times.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Rida4Life on August 18, 2017, 09:13:23 am
This is an alarming trend in small schools..... Woodlawn won't be the last one to cancel the season.  I hope it's not a sign of the times.

I have a bad feeling that it is in fact a sign of the times. Kids now days have so many other things they can do with their time now besides sports. Some good, some bad.

dawgpound

You are lucky if 25% of the boys in each class play

bearfan

The 8aa every year is completely overrated. Every single year this conference is always hyped up. I would put them number 4 in the best conferences. Also in the 2016 playoffs 3 of there top teams were beat in the first round of the playoffs. Only one of there team made a run in the playoffs. Pretty pathetic if you ask me

eldofan

Camden Harmony grove made it to the semis . Hampton to The Rock . I count 2 teams that made a run . No other conference put 2 teams in the semi's . So check your facts before u report fake news.

bearfan

to me you sound like a cowboy fan

old.dole

It's not even a debate that the 8aa is the best conference in 2a. There are good teams in every conference but never 3-4 on a continuous basis

eldofan

I'm talking high school football . u were wrong . Check your facts before u post .

eldofan

Just wait when junction returns and fordyce drops down next year

bearfan

When Junction drops down they will just lose to ccs in the second round again

eldofan

just keeping ignoring the fact that u had no clue what this conference did outside of round 1 with the incorrect info u posted

bearfan

still top 4 conference

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bearfan on August 18, 2017, 02:51:32 pm
When Junction drops down they will just lose to ccs in the second round again

When JC drops...

You will have fordyce, Jc, Bearden, Hampton and PC all in the same conference.... 🙄🙄🙄

eldofan

It could be but it was number 1 last year despite your ignorance that we had 2 teams in the semi's

bleudog

August 18, 2017, 03:25:58 pm #278 Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 07:39:33 pm by bleudog
Quote from: bearfan on August 18, 2017, 02:28:31 pm
The 8aa every year is completely overrated. Every single year this conference is always hyped up. I would put them number 4 in the best conferences. Also in the 2016 playoffs 3 of there top teams were beat in the first round of the playoffs. Only one of there team made a run in the playoffs. Pretty pathetic if you ask me

Calpreps 2016

Average
       Conference      Rating
1     2A Region 8      (3.90)
2     2A Region 5    (11.20)
3     2A Region 7    (15.00)
4     2A Region 4    (18.20)
5     2A Region 3    (21.70)
6     2A Region 6    (23.70)

http://calpreps.com/2016/ratings/Arkansas_leagues.htm

eldofan

Funny but I'm not buying it when 2 out of the 4 semi finalists came out of the 8 .

Yogi bear

He's not as smart as your average BEAR fan...

Delta_Bravo

Hgalum50

Where did he come from with that bull? Honestly thats the first comment I've seen him make on fearless friday period!

3M

Quote from: baseball13 on August 16, 2017, 12:00:24 pm
How is the field in Rison coming?
I heard the donations aren't coming in as planned and they had to borrow the money from the local bank. I think they are way behind schedule as well.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: 3M on August 19, 2017, 07:38:24 pm
I heard the donations aren't coming in as planned and they had to borrow the money from the local bank. I think they are way behind schedule as well.

They already had financing arranged prior to starting construction, they were just hoping to not have to finance much of it. With all the (unusual for August) rain, I expect they are a little behind. Still have faith it will be ready for first home game.

Cheek

August 20, 2017, 02:40:07 pm #285 Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 03:10:42 pm by Cheek
I am sure the Rison Asst Coaches are happy.  No more staying after practice to paint the field.   It usually didn't take long,   because Totty never wanted yards marks on the field. That way the other team would not see that it actually was not a first down.

Yogi bear

I rode by the rison field last night.Looks like a lot of work still to be done.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on August 18, 2017, 03:25:58 pm

Calpreps 2016

Average
       Conference      Rating
1     2A Region 8      (3.90)
2     2A Region 5    (11.20)
3     2A Region 7    (15.00)
4     2A Region 4    (18.20)
5     2A Region 3    (21.70)
6     2A Region 6    (23.70)

http://calpreps.com/2016/ratings/Arkansas_leagues.htm

I knew the 6 had slipped....but dang

bearbacker52

Quote from: Cheek on August 20, 2017, 02:40:07 pm
I am sure the Rison Asst Coaches are happy.  No more staying after practice to paint the field.   It usually didn't take long,   because Totty never wanted yards marks on the field. That way the other team would not see that it actually was not a first down.
they still got that ragedy scoreboard, that has helped many many of rison vitcories

bleudog

August 20, 2017, 07:41:45 pm #289 Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:49:16 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Yogi bear on August 20, 2017, 03:02:34 pm
I rode by the rison field last night.Looks like a lot of work still to be done.

A school in north Louisiana had to rebuild their home grand stand because the creek that had run under it since the 50's couldn't handle the 2016 floods.  They did a temporary grand stand setup last seaseon but had planned to have permanent stands, a raised field and new concession stand/restrooms for this season.  That's not going to happen on time.  They are swapping the home-and-home contracts and getting creative with the gates in the swapped games.

http://press-herald.com/weather-causing-delays-in-mhs-football-stadium-construction/

https://www.ktbs.com/news/minden-high-school-stadium-not-ready-in-time-for-start/article_afa04aae-81ab-11e7-91eb-3f7732e3cc94.html

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: bearbacker52 on August 20, 2017, 06:42:01 pm
they still got that ragedy scoreboard, that has helped many many of rison vitcories

Yeah, that raggedy old scoreboard has had a big hand in many of Rison's victories.
95% of the time it has a bigger number over 'home' than it does 'visitor'.
It cheats, I tell ya...

bearbacker52

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on August 20, 2017, 09:26:39 pm
Yeah, that raggedy old scoreboard has had a big hand in many of Rison's victories.
It cheats, I tell ya...

come on man there has been rison people on here that have stated, the scorboard goes bizerk, late in second half when teams are making a comeback, time keeper problems for visitors, the scorebaord will completely go dead if rison needs another time out,, and it goes on and on..but dont deny it..not saying it on purpose just stating it happens.

bleudog

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on August 20, 2017, 09:26:39 pm
It cheats, I tell ya...

There are those among us who are offended by the history that scoreboard commemorates.  It must go.  Tear it down.  Tear it down.  Tear it down.  :D

bearbacker52

Quote from: bleudog on August 20, 2017, 10:30:38 pm
There are those among us who are offended by the history that scoreboard commemorates.  It must go.  Tear it down.  Tear it down.  Tear it down.  :D

i know you being spiteful, and not one of those weak snowflakes, that melt at room temperature.

bleudog

August 21, 2017, 12:43:21 pm #294 Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:52:21 pm by bleudog
Quote from: bleudog on August 20, 2017, 10:30:38 pm

Quote from: bearbacker52 on August 21, 2017, 10:07:00 am
i know you being spiteful, and not one of those weak snowflakes, that melt at room temperature.

Not spiteful, just sarcastic.

As far as snowflakes, fire melts snow. 

Dragons don't fear the fire.  Dragons bring the fire.  ;D

WonderWartHawg

Hearing that Rison beat AAAA Dumas tonight, don't have score yet.
Game type scrimmage with live kicking, 9:00 quarters and an OT period for practice.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas