• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State weight Meet

Started by idakid, April 13, 2017, 09:33:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

idakid

April 13, 2017, 09:33:55 am Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:00:07 am by idakid
What school do you have overall??

southarkdaddy

Since JC is 3A I'm sure Rison will run away with it

bencher24

Ida will win just like they won state. #IdaTakeOver2017

idakid

They lost last year because of scratches. I don't know about Rison "running away with it"

southarkdaddy

I just said that because I thought either JC or Rison had won it dating back a long time.  Rison usually doesn't show up unless they think they are going to win it.

bencher24

i think if Ida will come focused and prepared that it wont even be fair, it'll be men against boys

southarkdaddy

Quote from: bencher24 on April 13, 2017, 11:33:02 am
i think if Ida will come focused and prepared that it wont even be fair, it'll be men against boys

Have they hit 5000 as a team yet?  Generally that will put you in pretty good company

SOUTHARK99

dawgpound

They better come ready because the Dawgs dang sure are

SOUTHARK99

BlueNGold52

Dr. Defense

HorseFeathers

April 22, 2017, 01:31:14 pm #12 Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:24:56 pm by HorseFeathers

bobthebuilder

bleudog

April 22, 2017, 02:12:40 pm #14 Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 02:18:38 pm by bleudog
Congrats to Rison.

4,830 took the 3A title this year.  ;)

alum02

The Dawgs did fine until they were caught competing 10 pounds under their actual weight. That gets you disqualified.

bleudog

dawgpound

Yea rison protested and one of Hamptons guys was 4lbs over weight guess he shouldn't have ate breakfast and drank water when he got done lifting

BigBrother

Try 8 pounds. . I know Hampton had no clue just like when the hermit 4 showed up riding on mules. Still the same amount of state titles as hermitage 0. Cheaters never win.

purpleswag

Quote from: BigBrother on April 23, 2017, 09:22:31 am
Try 8 pounds. . I know Hampton had no clue just like when the hermit 4 showed up riding on mules. Still the same amount of state titles as hermitage 0. Cheaters never win.

How did they cheat?

dawgpound

Please explain how they cheated

alum02

You can't lift in a class 10 pounds lower than your actual weight. That's a given. That's why they have weight classes. And he was indeed 10 pounds over 259 lbs. When it was discovered, he was disqualified.

alum02

Cheating is so common in Hampton, they don't even realize when it happens and have to have it broken down for them.

purpleswag

Quote from: alum02 on April 23, 2017, 10:08:38 am
Cheating is so common in Hampton, they don't even realize when it happens and have to have it broken down for them.

I was referring to the football season genius

alum02

Quote from: purpleswag on April 23, 2017, 10:55:14 am
I was referring to the football season genius
And I was responding to dawg pound, genius.

BO_KNOWS

Cheating or not it looks like Hampton is competing with the top 2A classes. That's a far stretch from where the program has been the last 10 years. Hampton is here to stay at the top as long as we keep Ables as the Head Dawg!

alum02

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on April 23, 2017, 11:20:32 am
Cheating or not it looks like Hampton is competing with the top 2A classes. That's a far stretch from where the program has been the last 10 years. Hampton is here to stay at the top as long as we keep Ables as the Head Dawg!

Wow... well that explains everything going on in Hampton.

dawgpound

I was told it was 4 lbs.  that can vary from one meal to the next. I can gain and lose more than that in a day. I wouldn't call it cheating but y'all been jealous since last August so why stop now

Dr. Defense

DP did hamptons guys not weigh in before the meet?

southarkdaddy

Quote from: southarkdaddy on April 13, 2017, 10:02:36 am
Since JC is 3A I'm sure Rison will run away with it

Look how smart I am.

bleudog

April 23, 2017, 01:30:11 pm #30 Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:34:15 pm by bleudog
Here's what's in the ADG:  CLICK HERE

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: alum02 on April 23, 2017, 10:08:38 am

and I thought that I was too harsh on them! sanity checked. Lol

idakid

Sources say there was another holding penalty at the weight meet causing another touchdown to be called back!

SR30

Ok  I have never paid much attention to the weightlifting meet?  I'm guessing whoever has the highest total number of combined weight wins that weight class?

southarkdaddy

Yeah bench + power clean. 10 weight classes.

SR30

Ok gotcha.. I was thinking those where low scores if it was bench, squat and power clean

southarkdaddy

I've been told by the coaches that put these on that a squat is too subjective on how deep one has to go.

dawgpound

If they would go with the hip crease being below the knee it would work I would like to see them add the squat to it

Cheek

Quote from: Dr. Defense on April 23, 2017, 12:23:54 pm
DP did hamptons guys not weigh in before the meet?

Not everyone has to weigh in.  If a participate is close,  they go weigh before they eat or drink anything to make their weight class .   . Coaches can protest other teams if they think they are lifting participates in a lower weight class than allowed.    If Rison Coach protested one of the Hampton lifters and he was over the weight he is DQ'ed.  It does not matter what he weighed that morning, it matters what he weighed right than.  Coach Totty knew the rule and the Hampton Coaches didn't.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Cheek on April 26, 2017, 12:52:07 pm
Not everyone has to weigh in.  If a participate is close,  they go weigh before they eat or drink anything to make their weight class .   . Coaches can protest other teams if they think they are lifting participates in a lower weight class than allowed.    If Rison Coach protested one of the Hampton lifters and he was over the weight he is DQ'ed.  It does not matter what he weighed that morning, it matters what he weighed right than.  Coach Totty knew the rule and the Hampton Coaches didn't.

Yes I am aware. Ive been to several state weight meets in my day

Bayou Bully

Quote from: Cheek on April 26, 2017, 12:52:07 pm

That's not the rule. Official weigh in is before event.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Bayou Bully on April 26, 2017, 12:59:45 pm
That's not the rule. Official weigh in is before event.

You do not HAVE to weigh in

Bayou Bully

True, but if you weigh in before, that's the official weight. You won't be weighed again even if challenged

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Bayou Bully on April 26, 2017, 02:12:37 pm
True, but if you weigh in before, that's the official weight. You won't be weighed again even if challenged

Correct.....when I was coaching if we had some that might be close we would weigh them to make sure they were official

dawgpound

And if you got one that's slightly over you don't weigh and hope nobody protest

mrknowitall

And that's called cheating!!!

You weigh in that morning! If you are slightly over you go try to lose it before the Final weigh in! If you don't make weight you shouldn't lift!

It's called class...shouldn't have to be protested, the coach shouldn't put them out there!

dawgpound

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas