• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's the best...?

Started by JohnMarkTomayo, April 12, 2017, 09:13:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnMarkTomayo

April 12, 2017, 09:13:05 pm Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 04:38:02 am by JohnMarkTomayo
This should be interesting.
Tell me who you think the best baseball coach in the state is THAT HAS NOT WON a state championship (or not yet). Young, old, doesn't matter. Who is it?

tacklethis...

Best baseball program without a championship?

Dierks at the very top of the list...

T-Bone

April 13, 2017, 07:11:38 am #2 Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:26:05 am by T-Bone
Quote from: JohnMarkTomayo on April 12, 2017, 09:13:05 pm
This should be interesting.
Tell me who you think the best baseball coach in the state is THAT HAS NOT WON a state championship (or not yet). Young, old, doesn't matter. Who is it?

I do not know many of them like others on here but normal season w/l stats as well as end of year tournament will give good information to make a judgment call like this.  Bottom line is, much like which team is ranked the highest day to day, it is only an opinion.  But it is always fun to see what others think.  I have an opinion on the rankings in Max Preps with overall Arkansas team rankings but I will not express it on here.  I do feel the top 5  in Max Preps will not finish in that order.

Big Boy

Quote from: tacklethis... on April 13, 2017, 03:33:18 am

I agree.  Three runner-up finishes since 2000.  In addition, several other semi-final appearances in the state tourney within that time span.

JohnMarkTomayo

I apologize. I originally left the word "coach" out of the OP, which was a pretty important word to leave out!

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on April 13, 2017, 07:11:38 am
I do not know many of them like others on here but normal season w/l stats as well as end of year tournament will give good information to make a judgment call like this.  Bottom line is, much like which team is ranked the highest day to day, it is only an opinion.  But it is always fun to see what others think.  I have an opinion on the rankings in Max Preps with overall Arkansas team rankings but I will not express it on here.  I do feel the top 5  in Max Preps will not finish in that order.

Well, both Cabot and Van Buren are 7A schools, chances are that one knocks the other down, unless they play each other in the 7A finals. Truthfully, it's hard to rank teams when they don't play each other, so it's all subjective. I don't know if Maxpreps is a computer poll, or what. I haven't checked it against PBR's lately.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2017, 04:06:07 pm
Well, both Cabot and Van Buren are 7A schools, chances are that one knocks the other down, unless they play each other in the 7A finals. Truthfully, it's hard to rank teams when they don't play each other, so it's all subjective. I don't know if Maxpreps is a computer poll, or what. I haven't checked it against PBR's lately.

All polls are guesses.  Any team can be beaten any given day.

Redbug Loyal

Quote from: tacklethis... on April 13, 2017, 03:33:18 am

Right there with Fordyce. Runners up in 2013, 2014, 2015

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas