• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt Pleasent

Started by BannerMountainMan, March 15, 2017, 10:54:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Compare this "really good" Mt Pleasent team to the teams this year. How would they fair

Woodrow1

I recognize that gym I believe.  Calico Rock's old gym. 

Hero of Twin Groves

In this film Shirley boys this year would have had their hands full with either team.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 15, 2017, 06:54:32 pm
In this film Shirley boys this year would have had their hands full with either team.
Guy would have lots of trouble since their was no 3pt line

Bigleague

Yeah.   Ealy would have been living at the rim instead of shooting 1/10 from 23 feet

Moonshiner

Wow.  Bruce Adams with the hilarious play by play.
That Mt. Pleasant team was loaded.  Coached by Coach Whitby.  Some will remember his son, Cannon Whitby, played for the Razorbacks.

SackAttack

SackAttack

The two Johnson boys from Mt Pleasant could fill it up! Basketball was better back then. sorry if that hurts peoples feelings but it is the truth.

Moonshiner

I believe it was 1980.  I believe the coaching might've gotten better but I agree the playing was better back then.

BannerMountainMan

Post man Jim Harper #50 didn't miss a game all this season. True Shirley alum

Moonshiner

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 15, 2017, 10:15:23 pm
Post man Jim Harper #50 didn't miss a game all this season. True Shirley alum

Is that you?

Boone

I've heard that the Johnson boys couldflat play.  Never seen video though 

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 15, 2017, 11:09:06 pm
Is that you?
nope i will say  I wasn't thought of in 1980..

Moonshiner

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 15, 2017, 11:17:00 pm
nope i will say  I wasn't thought of in 1980..

Haha, well thanks for posting the video.

SackAttack

It would be nice if people had more vintage video lying around. Makes ol Sack wax nostalgic and wish for days gone by!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 16, 2017, 08:02:43 am
Haha, well thanks for posting the video.
yeah I thought it was cool when I saw it on YouTube

Oldref

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 15, 2017, 08:48:07 pm
Wow.  Bruce Adams with the hilarious play by play.
That Mt. Pleasant team was loaded.  Coached by Coach Whitby.  Some will remember his son, Cannon Whitby, played for the Razorbacks.

Is that the same Bruce Adams that coaches at Viola?  I first met him when he was coaching Jr high at Paragould in the late 80's. Loved watching this throwback video. I called a few games that Mount Pleasant played in and they had some good teams. Worked the AC tournament for several years back in those days.

BigLion10

Gotta love classic films haha

Moonshiner

Quote from: Oldref on March 16, 2017, 02:06:08 pm
Is that the same Bruce Adams that coaches at Viola?  I first met him when he was coaching Jr high at Paragould in the late 80's. Loved watching this throwback video. I called a few games that Mount Pleasant played in and they had some good teams. Worked the AC tournament for several years back in those days.

Same guy.  He actually left Viola this year for, I believe, an insurance job.  Great Guy!!  He coached at Melbourne for a long time before Viola.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas