• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A BOYS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Shirley vs Guy-Perkins (Sat 4:15)

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2017, 08:00:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this?

Shirley
32 (50.8%)
Guy-Perkinns
31 (49.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: March 11, 2017, 06:46:59 pm

Brian G

more to come

Brian G

BannerMountainMan

Hero of Twin Groves

Yardbird

Is it Shirley and guy in the big one

super fan

Give me Guy by 10+ and Bay by 15. 

BadBadger30

Crazy to think that Shirley is a last-second buzzer-beater away from missing the State Playoffs. Congrats to everyone!

Catfish

thebigman3

PeedeecreekBoy99

Daddy eagle how bad does it burn? You have mouthed shirley all year and talked about how poorly coached they are and how your eagles are better.... i dont think u can say anything now eagle boy

Southern_wind

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 04, 2017, 10:50:26 pm
Daddy eagle how bad does it burn? You have mouthed shirley all year and talked about how poorly coached they are and how your eagles are better.... i dont think u can say anything now eagle boy
+1

ZacAttack

March 05, 2017, 12:30:31 am #11 Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 12:32:05 am by ZacAttack
Quote from: Daddy eagle on March 04, 2017, 11:42:10 pm
Y'all had just as good of a season as us. Except you used more energie than we did. LOL.
You are one bitter old bird.  I know most teams in the state would love to be playing next week.  And I'm glad a member from our conference has a shot at bringing it home.  I also believe you are correct when you said Shirley used more energy, and from the games I've seen, I would say MOST teams use more energy than the buzzards.

Congratulations to Shirley and Guy-Perkins and I hope it is a GREAT game next week.

Brian G

On this thread, concentrate your posting on the two teams that are playing and avoid your bickering.

arstatechamp13

JimmyChitwood

I don't think Guy has anyone that can cover the 1-2 punch of Privitt and Fuller down low. They have good guards but their post play is lacking. Shirley won their last two games in the lane and will do the same in Hot Springs to bring home the first championship in Shirley history. Got the Devils by 5.

BlueDevilFan

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 05, 2017, 09:57:34 am
I don't think Guy has anyone that can cover the 1-2 punch of Privitt and Fuller down low. They have good guards but their post play is lacking. Shirley won their last two games in the lane and will do the same in Hot Springs to bring home the first championship in Shirley history. Got the Devils by 5.

Exactly and GP big guy down low last few games has had foul trouble that makes it even more of a mismatch on the block.

thebigman3

Both teams to me were the two lost focused and ready to go teams in the tournament and that's why their here!

thebigman3

StateChamps09

Shirley's lack of state play, and never being there before lets them down... the post players do work on Shirley like they have every time they played guards continue hitting. Guy by 10.

Catfish

I think it  Will be a good old-fashioned barn burner. Shirley by 3

Thechosen1

No one is beating GP this year. Shirley couldn't be beat Bay boys no way they can guard the athletes GP has. GP by 20

Ballhearts

March 05, 2017, 01:57:58 pm #21 Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:00:29 pm by Ballhearts12
If it's close game I'm saying Shirley bc they have been played close the whole tournament and if they can keep it close I feel guy may get rattled bc they haven't been in close game situation all tournament so I say Shirley by 3 if they can keep it close or guy by 12+ if they can't

Catfish

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 01:27:00 pm
No one is beating GP this year. Shirley couldn't be beat Bay boys no way they can guard the athletes GP has. GP by 20

No way it's 20. I say nobody will win by more than 10 either way.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Catfish on March 05, 2017, 02:02:57 pm
No way it's 20. I say nobody will win by more than 10 either way.
20 is a stretch. But no way GP loses. Way too fast and athletic for Shirley who hasn't seen anything like that this year. Minton and Ealey are both really good. Shirley won't be able to score with them.

Bigleague

They've played them 3 times.   So they've seen it.   

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 02:06:37 pm
20 is a stretch. But no way GP loses. Way too fast and athletic for Shirley who hasn't seen anything like that this year. Minton and Ealey are both really good. Shirley won't be able to score with them.
bro we've played em three times..I think we have seen something like that

BannerMountainMan

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

LHHC

Are the games gonna be televised like they were last year?

Catfish

Quote from: LHHC on March 05, 2017, 02:37:48 pm
Are the games gonna be televised like they were last year?

I was wondering the same thing. If not I will probably head down Friday afternoon. Wish I could make the 1A Girls game but I'll settle for TV if it's on.

Captain General

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 02:06:37 pm

Glad you've been paying attention 😂 .

SlamminAllStar

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 01:27:00 pm
This is the same dude that said ICC wasn't good and Bay was better lololol

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 05, 2017, 02:11:16 pm
bro we've played em three times..I think we have seen something like that
Regardless if you've played them or not. They are way better than Shirley. And will prove that on Saturday "bro".

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 03:23:11 pm
Regardless if you've played them or not. They are way better than Shirley. And will prove that on Saturday "bro".

Last meeting was a 2 or 3 point game

BannerMountainMan

Lost by 3 in regionals and we were up by 12 around halftime..we had em down 20 at our place and they had us down 20 at neutral floor..anything can happen. I'm glad Bay fans know EVERYTHING

SlamminAllStar

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 03:23:11 pm
And Shirley is better than ICC that beat Bay by 20ish in Region right?

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 05, 2017, 03:38:02 pm
Lost by 3 in regionals and we were up by 12 around halftime..we had em down 20 at our place and they had us down 20 at neutral floor..anything can happen. I'm glad Bay fans know EVERYTHING
No we obviously don't. But if you're going t be disrespectful on this subject then I'm going to let you know that GP is a better team and will beat you guys on Saturday. These guys are a different team this week. Not who you saw throughout the year.

Thechosen1

Quote from: SlamminAllStar on March 05, 2017, 03:46:36 pm
And Shirley is better than ICC that beat Bay by 20ish in Region right?
We also beat Shirley at Shirley. So comparing scores is pointless

J.D.

Shirley faithful, do not pay attention to any irrelevant comments coming from Thechosen1.  I know some of you, and you all are above this clown.

Congratulations on making it to Hot Springs an I wish you all well in this weeks upcoming State Finals game.

Catfish

Quote from: J.D. on March 05, 2017, 03:54:54 pm
Shirley faithful, do not pay attention to any irrelevant comments coming from Thechosen1.  I know some of you, and you all are above this clown.

Congratulations on making it to Hot Springs an I wish you all well in this weeks upcoming State Finals game.

+100000

Thechosen1

Whatever you think. Lol

HorseFeathers

I seem to remember this clown from Naylor....Wonder if he's still around

SlamminAllStar

March 05, 2017, 04:28:52 pm #42 Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 05:47:15 pm by SlamminAllStar
Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 03:51:49 pm
We also beat Shirley at Shirley. So comparing scores is pointless
No I was just saying your opinions really suck!  You talked about how awful ICC was and they beat Bay by what was it 20?  Then went deeper than Bay in State.  Not really comparing scores just saying your opinions really suck

J.D.

Turkeykiller

Daddy Eagle there won't be a melt down by Shirley . Just because Shirley has a better Coach than your Eagles doesn't give you the right to bash them. Grow up and just except it !!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on March 05, 2017, 08:59:50 pm
Guy wins by 20+. A classic Shirley meltdown. I can see coach brown sucking his thumb and wipeing his teers with that blue sissy towel. Guy by 20. TFP
keith brown really must of schooled you when yall were kids...

Thechosen1

Shirley maybe the easiest team to guard lol. Triangle and 2 number 5 and 23 and watch for 10. 30 isn't going to score and neither is 3.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 10:32:58 pm
Shirley maybe the easiest team to guard lol. Triangle and 2 number 5 and 23 and watch for 10. 30 isn't going to score and neither is 3.
do you know anything? Or do you just say crap? #3 had 20 against Kirby and had 25 against ICC to get here..and ask, Deer, Kirby, and ICC how hard we are to guard LOLOLOLOL

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 05, 2017, 10:47:25 pm
do you know anything? Or do you just say crap? #3 had 20 against Kirby and had 25 against ICC to get here..and ask, Deer, Kirby, and ICC how hard we are to guard LOLOLOLOL
Trust me bud, I know plenty. I've won plenty. Kirby was overrated. Wasn't as good as I thought. Deer was bad. Pretty easy road to the finals. Glad you think your teams awesome though after we beat ya ;) and we're on the couch. I just don't like you. And Shirley maybe the worst team to ever make the finals in 1a boys. #truthurts

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 10:55:16 pm
Trust me bud, I know plenty. I've won plenty. Kirby was overrated. Wasn't as good as I thought. Deer was bad. Pretty easy road to the finals. Glad you think your teams awesome though after we beat ya ;) and we're on the couch. I just don't like you. And Shirley maybe the worst team to ever make the finals in 1a boys. #truthurts
oh you beat Shirley earlier in the regular season big whoop just like you said we beat guy earlier doesn't mean anything LOL. You just digging yourself in deeper mud

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas