• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A GIRLS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Fayetteville vs North Little Rock(SAT 11:00)

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2017, 07:41:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this?

Fayetteville
13 (68.4%)
NLR
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: March 11, 2017, 06:39:04 pm

Brian G

More info to come

Brian G

ozarkansas

This should be a really interesting game.  I am especially looking forward to the match-up between Fayetteville junior center Jasmine Franklin and NLR junior center Yo'Myris Morris.  Franklin dominated L-R Central with 19 rebounds including 11 offensive.  One of most dominant performances on the boards that I have witnessed especially when you consider that Central has three 6' 1" or larger post players.  Yo'Myris Morris also dominated in NLR's semi-final against Van Buren but Van Buren is a smaller team.

Fayetteville freshman Sasha Goforth had no trouble scoring in the lane against Central with nice floaters over top of their big posts and she has demonstrated a knack for scoring inside or out all season (she is Fayetteville's leading scorer). And Maya Mayberry (daughter of former Razorback / NBA player Lee Mayberry) is one of the best ball handlers I have seen.  It's seemingly impossible to have an effective press against Fayetteville when Mayberry is in the game. So I'm giving the edge to Fayetteville.  But I expect it to be a close and exciting game!

CoachBobbyT

Brian G

Brian G

BirdCall

Quote from: ozarkansas on March 05, 2017, 09:50:38 am
This should be a really interesting game.  I am especially looking forward to the match-up between Fayetteville junior center Jasmine Franklin and NLR junior center Yo'Myris Morris.  Franklin dominated L-R Central with 19 rebounds including 11 offensive.  One of most dominant performances on the boards that I have witnessed especially when you consider that Central has three 6' 1" or larger post players.  Yo'Myris Morris also dominated in NLR's semi-final against Van Buren but Van Buren is a smaller team.

Fayetteville freshman Sasha Goforth had no trouble scoring in the lane against Central with nice floaters over top of their big posts and she has demonstrated a knack for scoring inside or out all season (she is Fayetteville's leading scorer). And Maya Mayberry (daughter of former Razorback / NBA player Lee Mayberry) is one of the best ball handlers I have seen.  It's seemingly impossible to have an effective press against Fayetteville when Mayberry is in the game. So I'm giving the edge to Fayetteville.  But I expect it to be a close and exciting game!

I'm  sorry but I wasat this game and to say she dominate the boards is a okay but how many points did she get off of those 11 offensive boards? Out all the so called talent they have Sasha the freshmen is by far the best player on the team it is crazy how poised she is for her age. Also #10 is really good she got in the game and created well for herself and her teammates. #5 showed that she can get to the rack and she plays really hard so Arkansas Tech is getting a good one.

BirdCall

North Little Rock will take this game and #3 for them will be the MVP just watch she is a baller and size doesn't matter. The only way Fayetteville has a chance is if Sasha just dominates the game but I don't think NLR will let her.

Brian G

Quote from: BirdCall on March 09, 2017, 09:34:19 pm
I'm  sorry but I wasat this game and to say she dominate the boards is a okay but how many points did she get off of those 11 offensive boards? Out all the so called talent they have Sasha the freshmen is by far the best player on the team it is crazy how poised she is for her age. Also #10 is really good she got in the game and created well for herself and her teammates. #5 showed that she can get to the rack and she plays really hard so Arkansas Tech is getting a good one.
Yeah, #10 has some good genes.

Brian G

Quote from: BirdCall on March 09, 2017, 09:36:53 pm
North Little Rock will take this game and #3 for them will be the MVP just watch she is a baller and size doesn't matter. The only way Fayetteville has a chance is if Sasha just dominates the game but I don't think NLR will let her.
You absolutely could be correct but I believe FHS will edge it out.

drmongoose

The game will be streamed on the Fayetteville Bulldog App and Fox 24 in NWA will air it as well.

Should be a good one.

ozarkansas

Quote from: BirdCall on March 09, 2017, 09:36:53 pm

Fayetteville has been effective throughout the year in limiting the best scorers on the opposing teams.  I have watched Amber Hawkison (although not extensively) and think Fayetteville will be able to keep her in check. They may put Lauren Holmes on her who is very fast or they may put Goforth on her whose length can severely hinder getting shots off.  I think the most likely scenario for a NLR win is if Jasmine Franklin gets into foul trouble.  She is Fayetteville's only real post player.  Without her, Fayetteville is vulnerable in the paint.

Coachbanks12

I haven't seen her mentioned in these post but you do know that NLR has Ken Tucker on that team. She has been pretty quiet but games like this she can take over. I think this will be a great game. Good way to start your Saturday with 7a basketball

Brian G

Fayetteville girls 6-6 from 3 in the first qtr.

Fay 22-9 end 1st

Rocket23

Do not receive KASN on my tv, anyone know of another avenue to stream game?

Rocket23

Romeo

That Goforth kid is going to be the next highly recruited player to come out of Arkansas. Heard she was offered by Texas and Mississippi State after the game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas