• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A THURSDAY STATE SCORE THREAD

Started by Brian G, March 02, 2017, 10:08:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WattsOzark

Porka

Wow! Lotta folks were thinking SC and CAC were gonna be the two to beat!

It's officially wide open at this point. Literally any team left has a shot of winning this thing now.

Tiger4Life2015

Still got Berryville winning it all. Already beat Pottsville once and played Monticello and Pokey earlier this year while banged up and played them both very close. Plus they beat Ozark already in the regional title as well. I'd say they are the favorite now.

WattsOzark

I'd like to see Berryville against Ozark again.  That game was a really good one.

Tiger4Life2015

~WPS~

~WPS~

Boys

Pea Ridge 27
Robinson 24

Halftime

LRRandy

Robinsons starting post picked up 2 early fouls. Back up, big country ( my nickname for him) has scored 13 of the 24 Robinson points. 44 from PR playing well.

~WPS~

Boys

Pea Ridge 46
Robinson 44

End 3Q

smackdat014

Great Season for Warren! Just got a young team. If that coach sticks around, they will have a really good basketball program in the future.

LRRandy

Quote from: ~WPS~ on March 02, 2017, 09:39:53 pm
Boys

Pea Ridge 46
Robinson 44

End 3Q
good quarter. Both teams playing hard.

LRRandy

49-44 PR lead. 6 min left in game. Robinson just called for charge. PR ball.

LRRandy

Big country and 1.

49-47. PR leads. 5:30 left

LRRandy

LRRandy

3:48 left. 53-47 PR leads. Robinson not taking the messes they want. A few forced shots. PR playing just good enough

LRRandy

Big country miss. Rebound. Big country put back. 53-49

LRRandy

Big. Country. 54-51 PR. 2:42 lwft

LRRandy

PR 2 and a foul

And 1

57-51. PR. 2:20 left

LRRandy

Robinson 3. 54-57
2:08 left

Robinson foul. PR shooting ft

LRRandy

LRRandy

Big passion by PR.
And  1. 62-54. PR. 1:28 left

LRRandy

I meant possession.

Robinson shooting ft.

Made 1
PR 62
Robinson 55

LRRandy

Steal. Robinson basket62-57. PR leads. 52 seconds

LRRandy

Steal on press

Hoop and harm.

62-60

LRRandy

Timeout. PR ball.
PR 62
Robinson 60

37 seconds

AT

Quote from: LRRandy on March 02, 2017, 10:03:56 pm
Timeout. PR ball.
PR 62
Robinson 60

37 seconds

Very interesting, greaty job, LRRandy. Keep 'em coming.

LRRandy

Foul. Ft

Misse first.
Made second. 63-60

LRRandy

March 02, 2017, 10:06:15 pm #77 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 10:08:38 pm by LRRandy
16 seconds. Basket Robinson

63-62 PR lead and ball 5  seconds. PR free throw. Missed second

64-62 PR lead. Robinson timeout. Robinson ball on PR baseline. 5 seconds

64-62 PR leads

Brian G

~WPS~

prHOG13

my stream went out late, but man... Robinson improved so much from when I saw them earlier in the season at Pea Ridge's tournament. Great game and congrats to Robinson on a great season

Lets keep going Hawks

AT

Pea Ridge and Pottsville. Interesting matchup.

prHOG13

thanks for the updates LRRandy, greatly appreciated

LRRandy

WPS did such a good job updating the regional final game he inspired me to do this tonight. Seat heaters on ( chilly in Nashville) pointing the car back to Little Rock I enjoyed the games today. Pottsville and Berryville really looked good today. Good night.

pridgehog

March 02, 2017, 11:39:06 pm #84 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 11:40:46 pm by pridgehog
The Hawks survived a scare tonight. Played hard and we were just good enough. Hats off to Robinson who would get down about 8 and then hit some big shots or got it to Baby Shaq and he was a load down low! Very Humble to still be playing because it wasn't our best game.

LRRandy

Quote from: pridgehog on March 02, 2017, 11:39:06 pm
The Hawks survived a scare tonight. Played hard and we were just good enough. Hats off to Robinson who would get down about 8 and then hit some big shots or got it to Baby Shaq and he was a load down low! Very Humble to still be playing because it wasn't our best game.
not baby shaq. Big country, lol. I had not seen PR play this year. On the drive home I thought that this game was less than their best effort yet they still won. Robinson gave a valiant effort but PR pulled out the win. PR is gong to have to shoot lights out against Baptist if in fact both teams make it to Hot Springs. Baptist will own the inside and I didn't see evidence that PR guards are physical enough to handle Baptist Preps back court. Even though PR had an up and down night shooting from deep you can tell they put it up from anywhere with confidence. Looking forward to the rest of the tournament.

Gray lizard

Proud of both of the Pottsville teams. Keep getting after it.  You never know what can happen, but two teams in the final four is just great.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Congrats to Pottsville on their win over my Jacks!
Have to say good things must be happening at Pea Ridge. They seem to becoming a force in every sport. Could start being a huge force in 4a.

fredcage

Does anyone know the situation with #35 of J. T. Robinson?  He played about 10 minutes total and was obviously very talented.  I believe he ended the game high scorer for the game; including both teams.  An amazing feat!  He was obviously out of shape.  Maybe he has been sick.  He certainly deserves credit as an outstanding basketball player.

Ole Legend

Quote from: fredcage on March 03, 2017, 08:51:52 am
Does anyone know the situation with #35 of J. T. Robinson?  He played about 10 minutes total and was obviously very talented.  I believe he ended the game high scorer for the game; including both teams.  An amazing feat!  He was obviously out of shape.  Maybe he has been sick.  He certainly deserves credit as an outstanding basketball player.

Pretty sure he played more than 10 minutes last night...

LRRandy

Quote from: fredcage on March 03, 2017, 08:51:52 am
thats Big country. (I made that nickname up last night). Yeah, he played more than 10 minutes. The starter picked up 2 early fouls and sat the rest of the first quarter and all the second. I have no information about his physical conditioning. Oliver Miller never could get the weight off. Not that I'm comparing the two other than physiques.  He had nice touch around the basket particularly putting spin on the ball off the glass at close  range. He was enjoyable to watch and played his buttox off.

prHOG13

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on March 03, 2017, 08:27:17 am
Congrats to Pottsville on their win over my Jacks!
Have to say good things must be happening at Pea Ridge. They seem to becoming a force in every sport. Could start being a huge force in 4a.
The Senior and Junior classes are loaded in both football and basketball. Football will be top 3 in the state again next year. Basketball will still be good but will likely take a step back after losing Hall, Wright, Church, Thomas, and Caudill.

Football will continue to be a top 10 team in the state for a while. I can't say the same about the hoops program after this season. Regardless, hoping we can get to the title game in both football and basketball in the same season.

Mr. Mercer

#35 is Elliot Harris Jr. Also plays LT and DT for the football team. Should be highly recruited in football. Has great feet and athleticism for a big kid. Been playing varsity for football for two years now. "Little" brother is 6'2 265 in the 7th grade. Dad (same name) was a hog in the late 90's.

fredcage

Sorry about the confusion I created by giving a playing time.  My observation was that he was outstanding while in the game but didn't play nearly the amount of time one would expect.  He was an obvious leader on the floor and  scored at will in the first quarter.  I've watched district, regional, and state games and this was the first game Harris came on my radar.  Congratulations to both teams for an entertaining game.

LRRandy

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on March 03, 2017, 12:14:44 pm
#35 is Elliot Harris Jr. Also plays LT and DT for the football team. Should be highly recruited in football. Has great feet and athleticism for a big kid. Been playing varsity for football for two years now. "Little" brother is 6'2 265 in the 7th grade. Dad (same name) was a hog in the late 90's.
his shot was on last night. His timely baskets kept Robinson in the game in the first half when the struggled to generate offense in the half court.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on March 03, 2017, 12:14:44 pm
I remember his dad. Played at Marianna I believe. Two sport athlete as well.

redwolf99

Quote from: Greatdane6 on March 02, 2017, 06:44:00 pm
But is it this WPS? Is it that Pottsville is Shooting good from Three vs that Warren 1-3-1 Zone or is it That Warren not hitting shots or Just a Inexperience teams from the young players and Coach? Or What.

I actually made it at half time of this game and from what I could see Pottsville was just the better team. As for the  "inexperienced" comment , I wouldn't think you would be referring to Warren's Coach. If anything the man knows how to win basketball games.

redwolf99

Quote from: ~WPS~ on March 02, 2017, 10:09:00 pm
Boys

Pea Ridge 64
Robinson 62

Final

This was a good match up. Going in to the game by money would have been on Robinson but Pea Ridge surprised me .

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas