• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benefit Games

Started by The Coach, February 19, 2017, 08:44:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Coach

Who all is playing benefit games this week?

Dardanelle, Valley View, and Conway all get together Thursday at Conway HS for a benefit jamboree. Starts with Varsity Girls game at 4pm.

VHSCoach2

According to the schedule online at http://www.ahsaa.org/:

2/20:

Heber Springs at Beebe
Mountain Home at Harrison

2/21:
Greenwood at Springdale
Clarksville at Vilonia
Bentonville at Union
Poteau at Northside (boys)
Jonesboro/Searcy/Russellville (boys)
Greenbrier at Benton (boys)

2/23:
Lisa Academy at Lonoke
Hot Springs at Sylvan Hills
Southside at Van Buren
Dardanelle/Valley View/Conway Jaboree
Hamburg at Cabot (boys)

2/24:
Brookland at Paragould

BigRoll

Where can one find the list of benefit games on the AAA website?

sevenof400

Quote from: BigRoll on February 20, 2017, 04:48:09 pm
Where can one find the list of benefit games on the AAA website?

You'd have to look at each team's individual schedule Big Roll.  Any game scheduled prior to 2/27 is a benefit game. 
Hit the AAA website at http://www.ahsaa.org
Then look up the soccer schedule of any team you are interested in by clicking on the soccer ball by girls or boys then finding your team(s) of interest. 

BigRoll

Thanks. I was thinking that there might have been a list like they did for football in August, so I was looking that way.

VHSCoach2

Girls:

Beebe 1-1 Heber Springs, final

Shortened due to weather. Was 0-0 at halftime. Heber got a quick goal early in the second half, and Beebe's goal was the result of an own-goal. Weather ended the game 15 minutes into the second half.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: BigRoll on February 20, 2017, 05:47:02 pm
Thanks. I was thinking that there might have been a list like they did for football in August, so I was looking that way.

If only AAA made it as easy for fans of other sports as they do for football fans  :)

BigRoll

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 20, 2017, 06:27:27 pm
If only AAA made it as easy for fans of other sports as they do for football fans  :)
If they made it easy that way, they'd find another way to make things difficult for us all.  ::)

VHSCoach2

Boys:

Beebe 1-0 Heber Springs, final after one half.

ClarksvilleFutbol

VB: Mountain Home 2 - Harrison 1
VG: Mountain Home 1 - Harrison 1

VHSCoach2

February 21, 2017, 07:33:19 pm #10 Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 10:02:47 pm by VHSCoach2
Girls:

Vilonia 4-0 Clarksville, final

Boys:

Vilonia 0-1 Clarksville, final

JMBknvc

Boys
Clarksville 1 vs Vilonia 0 - Final

VHSCoach2

Here are more scores from tonight's AAA Benefit action:

Boys:

Searcy 0-1 Jonesboro
Jonesboro 1-3 Russellville
Searcy 0-3 Russellville
Springdale 7-0 Greenwood

Girls:

Springdale 3-2 Greenwood

ClarksvilleFutbol

Boys: Greenbrier 1 - Benton 1

VHSCoach2

Girls:

Union (Oklahoma) 3-0 Bentonville

JMBknvc

Hot Springs at Sylvan Hills
Think this might be a good match tonight. What are your thoughts on this 5A benefit match?

jimmyt

Don't know how good of a game it will be.. Maybe a descent first half. While Sylvan's young but talented team from last year gets better from experience, Hot Springs is the 5A reigning champs who didn't lose much. Look for Senior, Erick Guadron to score 3 tonight. Just my guess...

FutbolPhan

Quote from: The Coach on February 19, 2017, 08:44:14 pm
Who all is playing benefit games this week?

Dardanelle, Valley View, and Conway all get together Thursday at Conway HS for a benefit jamboree. Starts with Varsity Girls game at 4pm.

Conway Varsty girls shut out Valley View 4-0 in a full time game. The Conway Varsity boys are playing a jamboree vs. Dardanelles and Valley View.

ClarksvilleFutbol

VB: Conway 0 - Valley View 0

ClarksvilleFutbol

VB: Valley View 1 - Dardanelle 0. JV played 30 or so of the 40 minutes. VV scores on last kick of the game.

VHSCoach2

February 23, 2017, 07:52:00 pm #20 Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:09:33 pm by VHSCoach2
Girls:

Sylvan Hills 4-0 Hot Springs, final

Boys:

Sylvan Hills 0-6 Hot Springs, final

ClarksvilleFutbol

VB: Conway 2 - Dardanelle 0

VHSCoach2

February 24, 2017, 09:00:03 am #22 Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:08:38 pm by VHSCoach2
Boys: Paragould 2-0 Brookland

Girls:

Northside 10-0 Poteau (Oklahoma)
Lonoke 0-10 Lisa Academy
Van Buren 0-6 Southside
Cabot 4-0 Russellville
Cabot 5-0 Maumelle

fourfourtwo

Southside @ Van Buren

Girls:
Southside- 6, Van Buren- 0

Boys:
Southside- 4, Van Buren- 1

ClarksvilleFutbol

VB: Rogers Heritage 13 - Robinson 0

soccerman

Quote from: ClarksvilleFutbol on February 24, 2017, 11:53:09 am
Was a little surprised to see this 4a team that has never made the playoffs play this 7a school. Knew it would be bad form the start.

VHSCoach2

I get the point of playing a benefit game is to get an extra non-conference game on the schedule and to (excuse the pun) benefit the players with more playing time.  Not sure how Rogers-Heritage vs. Robinson was a benefit to anybody, though.

razorback

Quote from: ClarksvilleFutbol on February 24, 2017, 11:53:09 am

Did the Robinson girls play as well? Score?

coach eskola

People use benefit games in different ways. Heritage had two excellent teams and were definitely more talented than us on the boys side. We played our varsity team the first half and our JV kids the entire second half. The score definitely got out of hand in the second half. As for the girls our varsity again only played the first half heritage was up 1 to 0 at the half. Our JV played the second half and heritage scored several more goals against our JV. We use the benefit game to let everyone of our kids play as much as possible and don't worry about the score. It was good for both of our teams to see two really good soccer teams in preseason and I hope it will benefit us moving forward. Good luck to heritage as they were great people both players and fans and coaches.

VHSCoach2

Girls:

Paragould 5-8 Brookland, final

sssuperpantherfan2

Siloam Springs girls 3-1 over Harbor Friday night.

WillC

Quote from: coach eskola on February 24, 2017, 02:03:17 pmb]]
People use benefit games in different ways[/b]. Heritage had two excellent teams and were definitely more talented than us on the boys side. We played our varsity team the first half and our JV kids the entire second half. The score definitely got out of hand in the second half. As for the girls our varsity again only played the first half heritage was up 1 to 0 at the half. Our JV played the second half and heritage scored several more goals against our JV. We use the benefit game to let everyone of our kids play as much as possible and don't worry about the score. It was good for both of our teams to see two really good soccer teams in preseason and I hope it will benefit us moving forward. Good luck to heritage as they were great people both players and fans and coaches.
Very true. Van Buren worked in some players that I doubt will see much more varsity time this year. Back up GK let two in, one right through the hands.

Jdhelbig

DeQueen Leopards Soccer Boys in Cabot scrimmage games on 2/23:
DeQueen 0
Cabot 0

DeQueen 1
Hamburg 0

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas