• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Tournament Finals

Started by PK, February 17, 2017, 01:44:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PK

I know the state finals are scheduled for May 19 and 20 at U of A Fayetteville.  Does anyone know which conferences will play on Friday?  If not, any idea when this will be announced?

VHSCoach2

I believe, if the schedule follows the same pattern as recent years, 6A and 7A will be on Friday, while 4A and 5A will be on Saturday.

Sir Alex

They do not post the final schedule until they know who is in it and then schedule according to graduation schedules.  Something new the AAA started last year.

Buck183

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 17, 2017, 02:25:44 pm
I believe, if the schedule follows the same pattern as recent years, 6A and 7A will be on Friday, while 4A and 5A will be on Saturday.

They've been alternating this year to year to give each classification the opportunity to play Saturday. 

Two years ago 5A and 4A played on Friday with 6A playing Saturday morning and 7A playing Saturday afternoon.  Last year I believe 6A was supposed to play Saturday afternoon with 5A playing that morning.  Siloam's graduation was scheduled that same Saturday afternoon so a request was made to move the 6A games to Friday. This change was made to accommodate them and therefore 7A played Friday morning and 6A played Friday afternoon. With 4A and 5A playing Saturday. 

I anticipate them to change it up again this year to give someone else the Saturday afternoon spot. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas