• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stupid and confusing

Started by bigworm, February 14, 2017, 09:47:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigworm

2A 4 east, 2A 4 west, 7 2A south, 7 2A north, yada yada yada. What the heck has AAA done? This is the most confusing, retarted, par for the course crap I've ever seen. Im about ready for enough schools to start their own athletic organization and kiss AAA good bye.

Ctucker

The Great One

Quote from: bigworm on February 14, 2017, 09:47:03 pm
2A 4 east, 2A 4 west, 7 2A south, 7 2A north, yada yada yada. What the heck has AAA done? This is the most confusing, retarted, par for the course crap I've ever seen. Im about ready for enough schools to start their own athletic organization and kiss AAA good bye.
In the 7-4a west there were 4 teams and they could only count one of the games towards conference with one of the teams getting all home games that counted and another team getting none...smh

Greyhound#1

I disagree,  For our school is made sense.  No game over 60 minutes away all season.  Local 1a schools against Local 2a schools made for some fun and great atmospheres.   In past years we had games hours away on school nights.  As a parent its hard for kids to get school work done since they have to leave school early and not get back to well past midnight.  For football its not bad because its friday nights.  So i think is was a great idea

MomaLion

Then y'all are one of the rare teams it's helped. We lost a team 12 miles away and gained several an hr and half...and in sorry,  but having to play in a Boys and Girls Club in VERY sketchy areas of Little Rock and Jacksonville is just wrong. If your school doesn't have a gym,  you should have to play all away games.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MomaLion on February 18, 2017, 08:31:21 am
Then y'all are one of the rare teams it's helped. We lost a team 12 miles away and gained several an hr and half...and in sorry,  but having to play in a Boys and Girls Club in VERY sketchy areas of Little Rock and Jacksonville is just wrong. If your school doesn't have a gym,  you should have to play all away games.

Darn those charter schools for trying to give their parents a chance to see their kids play at "home"

bigworm

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on February 18, 2017, 01:56:19 am
I disagree,  For our school is made sense.  No game over 60 minutes away all season.  Local 1a schools against Local 2a schools made for some fun and great atmospheres.   In past years we had games hours away on school nights.  As a parent its hard for kids to get school work done since they have to leave school early and not get back to well past midnight.  For football its not bad because its friday nights.  So i think is was a great idea

1 of 400.

OB11

This what I've been saying since they came out with these combined conferences.  Some schools will LOVE it.  Other schools will HATE it.  It really did help some schools while hurting others as far as travel and competition.  Some teams were tested all year long in their combined conference while others cruised through and then get beat in the first round of the conference tourney by a 4 seed.

MomaLion

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 18, 2017, 10:31:22 am
Darn those charter schools for trying to give their parents a chance to see their kids play at "home"
Get a gym...if they can recruit players they can get a gym. Heck we're a poor school but we have a gym.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on February 18, 2017, 08:31:21 am

The church gym or whatever it is on landers road off McCain Blvd is far less of a sketchy place than several schools around here, including clarendon

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 18, 2017, 12:13:23 pm
The church gym or whatever it is on landers road off McCain Blvd is far less of a sketchy place than several schools around here, including clarendon
We didn't play in a church gym. Both were boys and girls clubs in very bad areas...so little to no parking,  seating and security

BigLion10

He's talking about Abundant Lifes gym moma

Cheek

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 18, 2017, 01:19:09 pm

Abundant Life is much better than the Boys and Girls Clubs.

MomaLion

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 18, 2017, 01:19:09 pm

Is that who plays their games there? I just remembered someone saying they had to play there

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MomaLion on February 18, 2017, 11:18:05 am
Get a gym...if they can recruit players they can get a gym. Heck we're a poor school but we have a gym.

Some serious accusations you have right there.... Lisa North, Mamuelle charter, Lisa academy, and both Haas hall need a new recruiter too...

MomaLion

Let's just say they don't have to play by the same rules that us lowly public schools do.

Ctucker

What rules do they not have to follow?

MomaLion

I've been told that they don't have to follow the school choice eligibility rules like we do

Ctucker

That's all they are some thugs!

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 18, 2017, 06:06:18 pm
I've been told that they don't have to follow the school choice eligibility rules like we do

That is true. 

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 18, 2017, 06:10:14 pm
That's all they are some thugs!
Nobody called anybody thugs. Just a very poor choice of venue.

Greyhound#1

Well i don't feel sorry for the school that this hurt,  We been traveling like that for the last 10 years,  its ya'll turn now...lol

MomaLion

da greatest bigbaby

O you guys stop it's not their fault schools are getting shut down or their getting rezone'd across town you got nlr or Lisa academy  or cac   lol an besides that were like 15-1 against them split wit  jville lh north Pulaski or jville  this  year an as far as the gyms go we will whip em outside @ the park goals  if we have to lol  kinda like us whip'n Des arc in mccrory @ the district 62-22  lol it don't matter   or  whip'n  Sloan-hendrix Thursday regionals in Carlisles new gym      go lions

sevenof400

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on February 21, 2017, 08:39:56 pm
O you guys stop it's not their fault schools are getting shut down or their getting rezone'd across town you got nlr or Lisa academy  or cac   lol an besides that were like 15-1 against them split wit  jville lh north Pulaski or jville  this  year an as far as the gyms go we will whip em outside @ the park goals  if we have to lol  kinda like us whip'n Des arc in mccrory @ the district 62-22  lol it don't matter   or  whip'n  Sloan-hendrix Thursday regionals in Carlisles new gym      go lions

Somewhere, a literacy teacher writhes in agony.

Head Lion

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 22, 2017, 09:48:42 am
Somewhere, a literacy teacher writhes in agony.
Seven or it could be a special ed teacher, who is extremely proud?

da greatest bigbaby

Anywhoo you guys stop it you all can comprehend this can't you lol  the regionals in  Carlisle Finna start today why you guys don't bid on it lol go lion's whip Sloan Thursday an congrats lion's 2a-3 south division  champs lol

sevenof400

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on February 22, 2017, 02:24:18 pm
Anywhoo you guys stop it you all can comprehend this can't you lol  the regionals in  Carlisle Finna start today why you guys don't bid on it lol go lion's whip Sloan Thursday an congrats lion's 2a-3 south division  champs lol

Passages in need of punctuation for $1,000 please, Alex.......

NEark tigers

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 22, 2017, 02:50:28 pm
Passages in need of punctuation for $1,000 please, Alex.......
What is Grammatically Assault? Correct! Daily Double!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

February 22, 2017, 06:53:14 pm #31 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:09:08 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on February 21, 2017, 08:39:56 pm

Carlisle doesn't have a new gym. It's the same one they have had.

MomaLion

It's better than any other gym around...even Hazens new gym

bigworm

Im kind of starting to like bigbaby. Hes a funny dude.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on February 22, 2017, 07:37:12 pm
It's better than any other gym around...even Hazens new gym

It's better than hazen, for sure. My knock on carlisles is that upper ring of seats, behind the walk way. In a busy situation, regional or state setting, they are useless because people stand in the walk way and you can't see. But personally I like the one that clarendon choked in a couple years back, Pangburn.  ;D

We also went to one this year that was set up pretty nice, one of the ones up around white county, I believe. Seems like every game we had was up that way some where.

MomaLion

Y'all choked pretty bad last night  ;D...but I guess it can't really be called choking if it's the expected outcome. Clarendon's downfall that year was arrogance and MS wanted it more...still would have won if they hadn't stolen those points from us but we never should have let it get that close.

MomaLion

Riverview has the best gym layout that I've seen. We're breaking ground soon on our new gym,  can't wait!!!

BigLion10

What's it gonna look like moma? Didn't know y'all was getting a new one. Poyens new gym should be up by next year I believe

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 23, 2017, 12:06:22 pm
Riverview has the best gym layout that I've seen. We're breaking ground soon on our new gym,  can't wait!!!

Is Clarendon going to build a new High School with a gym or just build a gym?

MomaLion

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 23, 2017, 12:12:15 pm
What's it gonna look like moma? Didn't know y'all was getting a new one. Poyens new gym should be up by next year I believe
I haven't seen the specs but it's supposed to have enough seating to hold state. I look for it to resemble Carlisle's. I believe they are breaking ground this summer. Funding is already in place.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on February 23, 2017, 12:42:25 pm
Is Clarendon going to build a new High School with a gym or just build a gym?
They are building a gym large enough to have some classrooms and doing some extensive remodeling and additions to existing buildings. We're keeping the old gym as well.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on February 23, 2017, 12:04:41 pm
Y'all choked pretty bad last night  ;D...but I guess it can't really be called choking if it's the expected outcome. Clarendon's downfall that year was arrogance and MS wanted it more...still would have won if they hadn't stolen those points from us but we never should have let it get that close.

Definitely not a choke. Lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas