• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2a-4 district

Started by Bigditchlion, February 06, 2017, 05:56:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigditchlion

Any idea what the bracket looks like on district tournament?
Jacksonville lighthouse and England will be a 1&2 seed surely from the 13. Then what??

Ctucker

Have the coaches meet yet to decide seeds.

Ctucker

I figure WCC would be one of the top 2 seeds.

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on February 06, 2017, 05:59:28 pm
Have the coaches meet yet to decide seeds.

They will meet Wednesday.  I expect a lot of smiles when they meet, but by the end of this meeting, there could be a lot of hard feelings.  The AAA set up this crazy format, and expect everyone to work it out with ease, but I do not see it happening.

Baller2121

I'm betting there will be some hard feelings Wednesday. I think the one and two seeds go to lighthouse and wcc. If I'm the Coach from wcc I'd fight for that one seed because of being undefeated in conference. England has three losses in conference and lighthouse has two. Yes you can argue that the conferences are tougher or easier but going by conference standings which is what it is usually based on, wcc and lighthouse should get the one and two seeds in my opinion but it's all up to them on who gets what pick. Good luck to all the teams and coaches in the next few weeks.

Basketball_101

Splitting the bracket up into divisions (ex. 1E,1W,2E,2W etc....) would be easier than just a 1-8 seed bracket in my opinion. Then based on conference record the seeding would fall into place. 1W would play 4E, 1E would play 4W.. So on and so forth. The coaches usually decide the format of bracket though in the seeding meetings.

Cheek

Quote from: Baller2121 on February 06, 2017, 11:05:11 pm
I'm betting there will be some hard feelings Wednesday. I think the one and two seeds go to lighthouse and wcc. If I'm the Coach from wcc I'd fight for that one seed because of being undefeated in conference. England has three losses in conference and lighthouse has two. Yes you can argue that the conferences are tougher or easier but going by conference standings which is what it is usually based on, wcc and lighthouse should get the one and two seeds in my opinion but it's all up to them on who gets what pick. Good luck to all the teams and coaches in the next few weeks.

I know WCC is pushing for the 1 or 2 seed,  but do you really think they earned it.  Playing a weak schedule to pad your record.  They have a lot of wins the past few years, but how many times have the made the State Tour. 

Ctucker

We got the 1 seed and we didn't make the conferences the stat did! And if a lot of teams had to play in our region that we had to play in for years they wouldn't make state either. I'm pretty sure that region knocked England And Brinkley out last year in first round with there 3 and 4 seeds! I don't like making excuses but if any one watched our game last year at region knows we just blew it should have won that game.

Cheek

February 08, 2017, 12:55:20 pm #8 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 12:57:20 pm by Cheek
Quote from: Ctucker on February 08, 2017, 12:46:20 pm
We got the 1 seed and we didn't make the conferences the stat did! And if a lot of teams had to play in our region that we had to play in for years they wouldn't make state either. I'm pretty sure that region knocked England And Brinkley out last year in first round with there 3 and 4 seeds! I don't like making excuses but if any one watched our game last year at region knows we just blew it should have won that game.

I think we beat two from your region the year before last on our way to a State Title.

Ctucker

I know I watched it great team but our old region has won most all of recent states besides the one y'all one. But we played the conference that was given us we didn't won't it and we went undeafted in it So I don't see your complaint. I'm not saying y'all don't have a better team but we went undeafted and our only common opponent was Brinkley we beat them by 23 and y'all beat them by 10 so that's the only argument that could be made. But like I said I don't know who is better but I see why we got the 1 seed.

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on February 08, 2017, 01:03:07 pm
I know I watched it great team but our old region has won most all of recent states besides the one y'all one. But we played the conference that was given us we didn't won't it and we went undeafted in it So I don't see your complaint. I'm not saying y'all don't have a better team but we went undeafted and our only common opponent was Brinkley we beat them by 23 and y'all beat them by 10 so that's the only argument that could be made. But like I said I don't know who is better but I see why we got the 1 seed.

Lighthouse and England.

Ctucker

Cheek

Baller2121

What's done is done we can sit here all day and argue about it but it's not gunna change anything. Congrats to wcc for getting the one seed. We will see if they take advantage of it or not. good luck to all the teams in this district. We will see who the real one seed is at the end of this tournament. I'm guessing it will be wcc and either England or lighthouse in the finals that's where wcc has a chance to prove themselves to everybody. Can't really say anything until then.

Ctucker

If that makes you feel better cheek ok yalls better but we still got one seed! I think overall 2a is down from last year. Earle still team to beat but that kid they had last year was  just unbelievable. But good luck to ever one. Sorry cheek we got one seed I know y'all deserved it but things happen. Don't count out EPC to make a run they always do.

BigLion10

WCC will get exposed in the finals

BigLion10

February 08, 2017, 01:56:42 pm #16 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:11:23 pm by BigLion10
Besides y'all beat Maumelle Charter by 15 at home we destroyed them by 30+ last night

Ctucker

Yalls coach was at meeting so was lighthouse, I'm sorry yalls so but hurt over it but getting on here and talking about how bad we are ain't going to help y'all one bit but if it makes you feel better go ahead. I'm not sure we even make finals Pangburn is got new coach up and down this year but have beat a few good teams.all I ever said is I can see we're we got one seed, but keep bashing. Y'all may very well blow us out but we won't be scared we have played in north for ever so we won't be intimadated.

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on February 08, 2017, 01:42:59 pm
If that makes you feel better cheek ok yalls better but we still got one seed! I think overall 2a is down from last year. Earle still team to beat but that kid they had last year was  just unbelievable. But good luck to ever one. Sorry cheek we got one seed I know y'all deserved it but things happen. Don't count out EPC to make a run they always do.

No,  Lighthouse should have been the one. 

Ctucker

No it should have been yall because lighthouse don't have to follow the rules remember!5

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on February 08, 2017, 03:04:19 pm
No it should have been yall because lighthouse don't have to follow the rules remember!5

They do follow the current rules,  but that does not make it right.

Bigditchlion

Guess strength of schedule doesn't mean much!!

Bildo

This is why you Cannot use records. The CFB playoff is flawed in the same way. You have teams like Houston and Louisville who don't play at the same level of competition getting consideration because they are undefeated. They play no one and when they do ... they lose. The SEC beats up on each other and you have teams with two losses not being considered. AAA has taken conference matchups out of the equation and this is what you get. Schools wanting to play a cupcake schedule to better their chances for a better seed

Ctucker

You have no choice who you play in conference. I don't know who cupcake schedule your talking about but our out of conference schedule was as good as Carlisle. The conference we was in was a lot of your old one wish we could have played it for last 4 years we would have been to state already

AT

This record stuff across the board isn't happening.

Today at the 2A-4 West conference seeding meeting, the coaches decided to seed JC-Westside girls #1 and Hackett #2 even though Hackett was undefeated in conference and Westside had two games lost. Competition and common opponents were a big factor in that.

bigworm

Aint nobody from England but hurt. You will play either England or JL soon and then we will see whos but hurt. You have to beat good teams to win the district. You either beat them early in tourny or late in tourny. Really makes no difference to me personally. I think its set to where the best teams advance to regional unless they really screw it up. After that who cares. We are lookin for a state title run. Not a district title run.

Ctucker

I won't be especially upset if y'all beat us I just pointing out why we got one seed.We have lost games before. If you read above I said we might not even make finals and I also on ranking put y'all and lighthouse in front of us.But I see we're the seeded us first.Im glad y'all are so worried about a one seed or a two.By the way I think y'all are especially upset because I don't see any one griping about the seeds besides y'all!

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on February 08, 2017, 10:05:35 pm
I won't be especially upset if y'all beat us I just pointing out why we got one seed.We have lost games before. If you read above I said we might not even make finals and I also on ranking put y'all and lighthouse in front of us.But I see we're the seeded us first.Im glad y'all are so worried about a one seed or a two.By the way I think y'all are especially upset because I don't see any one griping about the seeds besides y'all!

England has lots of posters.   

Ctucker

Good luck to y'all I've always liked yalls program. I'm going to quit arguing about it I was just pointing out how I can see why they gave us one seed it don't matter in long run you got to win them all to win it.

bigworm

Who is argueing, bro? And who is upset yall got 1 seed? I went back and read again thinking i may have missed something but i dont see anyone upset about it. I see where cheek pointed out that your schedule was weaker. But dont see anyone griping about it. I think if there is amy frustration it is directed at AAA with this whole idiotic format. But what else is new. Seems par for the course for them. Very little they do seems to make any sense.

Ctucker

Is yalls big boy still going to Baylor? They was talking on espn about more sanctions and one guy said that they may have to bring death penalty back because how bad it was!After all the new stuff come out.This was on out side then the lines on espn.

Bildo

Quote from: bigworm on February 08, 2017, 11:22:40 pm
Who is argueing, bro? And who is upset yall got 1 seed? I went back and read again thinking i may have missed something but i dont see anyone upset about it. I see where cheek pointed out that your schedule was weaker. But dont see anyone griping about it. I think if there is amy frustration it is directed at AAA with this whole idiotic format. But what else is new. Seems par for the course for them. Very little they do seems to make any sense.
Agreed... I was stating that the way AAA has everything set up is terrible. Yes I am from Carlisle and I realize Ct you are playing teams that we used to play. I was just pointing out the fact that MANY schools schedule weaker opponents outside their conference schedule to "pad their record" going into district. What that DOES DO is allow teams that have no business making the regionals an automatic bid. This is because you will have better teams, that want to get better by playing a competitive schedule, duking it out before playing a team that has no business in the fight. That is what is sad. I never pointed or called out any one team...

Ctucker

You're correct they have it screwed up this season has been so boring no old rivelrys don't even seem like we played in a conference.I do not like this format at all and we drive just as far if not further.

redrider30

February 09, 2017, 11:42:54 am #33 Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:52:59 am by redrider30
What is totally screwed up is that some districts give bye's that get teams to the regional and some don't. AAA should have standard rules when the post season starts so that every team is playing by the same rules. But AAA doing anything that makes any sense is asking way too much. Example teams driving 150 miles or more to play in a district tournament. Glad they saved us on travel this year. 152 miles to district Tournament, 143 miles to Regional Tournament and 149 miles to State Tournament. It's 180 miles  from EPC to Cotter for District Tournament.

bulldog

AAA mandated in its rules for seeding for District tournaments that NO BYES were to be given.  SOME conferences are giving them anyway.   

2A 4West being one of those handing out byes.

So if this is a violation of the new protocol will the AAA do anything about it?

Cheek

Quote from: bulldog on February 09, 2017, 01:22:37 pm
AAA mandated in its rules for seeding for District tournaments that NO BYES were to be given.  SOME conferences are giving them anyway.   

So if this is a violation of the new protocol will the AAA do anything about it?

I guess we will have to wait and see.   There are also no set rules for seeding.   

Bildo

I think they left that up to the conferences to vote on. I'm pretty sure they each had to vote on a constitution

HoopKing

some conferences were able to make it work where you play each other.  I just read on the AAA website on the 4 different options.  No byes allowed was only on the option that involved coaches voting on seeding.  If the teams played each other then you could give byes.  the 2A-3 played two divisions and the winner of each division was given a bye to the semifinals.

Ctucker

I'm pretty sure the 2aeast had teams from four different leagues! That is crazy.

redrider30

No byes in the 2A-2 and coaches did vote on it. What I'm saying is that should not be left up to conferences, there should be one rule for all conferences when the post season starts because ultimately this is really the first round of the state championship tournament and some teams that will get to the same place in about 3 weeks will have an easier route. I'm not saying one way is right and the other is wrong but they should be the same. The whole new system is just a confusing joke.

teachers pet

District 3A-4 gave 1st round byes to #1 and 2 seeds, Lamar and Jessieville, both automatically qualify for region

AT

Guys the 2A-4 West has 7 teams, they have to give at least one bye. Now yes, they did go over that amount, but they have to give a bye.

Ctucker

We had 9 but it's more like a play in bye team still has to win a game to go to regional.

Missco

The AA has  some big travel for districts because they went to 48 schools. It will always be that way unless the AAA adds yeams. Arkansas has to many classifications.

AT

February 09, 2017, 05:39:47 pm #44 Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 09:26:59 am by Almatrackster
Quote from: Ctucker on February 09, 2017, 03:06:55 pm
We had 9 but it's more like a play in bye team still has to win a game to go to regional.

A play in game works for 9 teams, though.

9 -->8 -->4 -->2 --->1

Doesn't work for 7 in the same way.

7 -->6 -->3???

A 7 team bracket COULD only have one bye, though.

Thechosenone

So what are everyone's predictions for the tournament?

Bigditchlion

WCC vs lighthouse/England in the championship. Then JL/England wins district. Just my opinion

Thechosenone

I could see some upsets in this tournament. It wouldn't surprise me if quitman wins the play in game. Then give WCC a run for there money or even beats them. I've got pangburn over ST.Joseph. Lighthouse over bigelow. England will most likely beat hector, but could see a potential upset there also.

Baller2121

Don't think wcc gunna lose to quitman seeing they have already beat them twice. It's gunna be wcc and England or lighthouse in the finals I think but could go either way once you get there.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: bulldog on February 09, 2017, 01:22:37 pm

The 4 options (only 1 saying no byes) were suggested by the Arkansas High School Coaches Association (AHCSA), not the AAA.

I know in the 1A-1 East boys bracket, they have given the #1 seed a bye to the finals and #2 seed a bye to the semis.  The other 4 teams are playing to determine who advances to the quarterfinals and into the Regional tournament.

The girls bracket only has 5 teams so they gave 3 bye's (#1 to finals, #2 to semis & #3 to quarterfinals).

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas