• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 5A/6A Combined Classification District Standings - Now done! But.....

Started by sevenof400, February 02, 2017, 07:17:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Okay all, here we go into some uncharted waters.  In order to keep things simple, I'm going to set up the six 5A/6A combined classification districts on separate Google Sheets.  (Boys and girls on separate sheets....)   

At this time,  ALL CCD's are completed and ready for use.

Please click here for a screen shot on what you should see when viewing these documents!

Boys Standings

5A / 6A CCD 1 - Alma, Clarksville, Farmington, Greenwood, Harrison, Russellville, Siloam Springs - click here

5A / 6A CCD 2 - Batesville, Beebe, Greenbrier, Morrilton, Mountain Home, Searcy, Vilonia - click here

5A / 6A CCD 3 - Blytheville, Forrest City, GCT, Jonesboro, Marion, Nettleton, Paragould, Valley View, West Memphis, Wynne - click here

5A / 6A CCD 4 - JA Fair, Jacksonville, LR Christian, LR Hall, LR Parkview, Maumelle, Pulaski Academy, Sylvan Hills - click here

5A / 6A CCD 5 - Benton, LR McClellan, LR Mills, Pine Bluff, Sheridan, Watson Chapel, White Hall- click here

5A / 6A CCD 6 - Camden Fairview, DeQueen, El Dorado, Hope, Hot Springs, HS Lakeside, Lake Hamilton, Magnolia, Texarkana - click here

Girls Standings

5A / 6A CCD 1 - Alma, Clarksville, Farmington, Greenwood, Harrison, Russellville, Siloam Springs - click here

5A / 6A CCD 2 - Batesville, Beebe, Greenbrier, Morrilton, Mountain Home, Searcy, Vilonia - click here

5A / 6A CCD 3 - Blytheville, Forrest City, GCT, Jonesboro, Marion, Nettleton, Paragould, Valley View, West Memphis, Wynne - click here

5A / 6A CCD 4 - JA Fair, Jacksonville, LR Christian, LR Hall, LR Parkview, Maumelle, Pulaski Academy, Sylvan Hills - click here

5A / 6A CCD 5 - Benton, LR McClellan, LR Mills, Pine Bluff, Sheridan, Watson Chapel, White Hall- click here

5A / 6A CCD 6 - Camden Fairview, DeQueen, El Dorado, Hope, Hot Springs, HS Lakeside, Lake Hamilton, Magnolia, Texarkana - click here

Go Postal

For some reason I thought that Maumelle would be in CCD-1 for soccer since Farmington and Alma doesn't have teams yet.

sevenof400

sevenof400

A few technical snafus have been fixed.

Standings are almost up to date as most scores have been reported.

ARSoccer25

zerozero

A lot of work put into these....much appreciated. Correction suggestion....on the 5A/6A-5 Girls.......Pine Bluff doesn't have a team

sevenof400

Quote from: zerozero on March 10, 2017, 04:08:39 pm
A lot of work put into these....much appreciated. Correction suggestion....on the 5A/6A-5 Girls.......Pine Bluff doesn't have a team

I was thinking that would be the case again this year, Zerozero, but I did not want to presume that in the beginning.  Thanks for letting me know and I will scrap their games from the schedule.

6aSoccer

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 19, 2017, 10:29:34 am
Updated through 4/18.
Jonesboro is 11-0 in conference. The one loss you are referring to was considered a win due to player eligibility issues that were self reported by the winning team. The first game between the two teams was 6-4 that was forfeited in favor of Jonesboro then Jonesboro won their second match 5-1 against the same team. Jonesboro, Little Rock Hall, and Mountain Home are all undefeated in their conferences going into Thursday night of this week and the final week next week. Russellville shows to be undefeated in their part of the conference too. I'll be curious how their seeding all plays out for the upcoming tournaments.

sevenof400

Quote from: 6aSoccer on April 19, 2017, 01:13:35 pm
Jonesboro is 11-0 in conference. The one loss you are referring to was considered a win due to player eligibility issues that were self reported by the winning team. The first game between the two teams was 6-4 that was forfeited in favor of Jonesboro then Jonesboro won their second match 5-1 against the same team. Jonesboro, Little Rock Hall, and Mountain Home are all undefeated in their conferences going into Thursday night of this week and the final week next week. Russellville shows to be undefeated in their part of the conference too. I'll be curious how their seeding all plays out for the upcoming tournaments.

Okay, thanks for letting me know as I had not heard that.

I have highlighted that game in the game log and recorded this as a 3-0 for Jonesboro (which is the score used when a forfeit occurs). 

Rocket23

Quote from: Go Postal on February 14, 2017, 12:30:40 am
For some reason I thought that Maumelle would be in CCD-1 for soccer since Farmington and Alma doesn't have teams yet.

You are correct come conference tournament time.  Hall and Jacksonville leave the Central for 6A and Mills and Beebe's move into the Central for conference tourney.

Maumelle moves to the 5A West.

thegoalkeeper12

In the 2017 5A/6A CCD 2 It shows Greenbrier to be in fourth behind Beebe and Batesville. Even though Greenbrier has the same amount of wins and losses. Greenbrier has a larger score diff. (I know it says 7 wins 4 losses for Beebe but we all know they would have lost to Mountain home anyways). Shouldn't Greenbrier be in second place right now?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: thegoalkeeper12 on April 29, 2017, 09:25:56 pm
In the 2017 5A/6A CCD 2 It shows Greenbrier to be in fourth behind Beebe and Batesville. Even though Greenbrier has the same amount of wins and losses. Greenbrier has a larger score diff. (I know it says 7 wins 4 losses for Beebe but we all know they would have lost to Mountain home anyways). Shouldn't Greenbrier be in second place right now?

Batesville beat Greenbrier both times, so, if anything, Greenbrier would be 3rd.

Batesville and Beebe split, both winning by 1. Greenbrier and Beebe split, both winning by 1.

Don't you love these combined districts that don't mean anything (for the most part)? For us at Vilonia and you at Greenbrier, it's like we had to play 8 "conference" games that were really non-conference by definition.

thegoalkeeper12

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 29, 2017, 09:52:47 pm
Batesville beat Greenbrier both times, so, if anything, Greenbrier would be 3rd.

Batesville and Beebe split, both winning by 1. Greenbrier and Beebe split, both winning by 1.

Don't you love these combined districts that don't mean anything (for the most part)? For us at Vilonia and you at Greenbrier, it's like we had to play 8 "conference" games that were really non-conference by definition.

Even though they've beat Greenbrier twice Greenbrier still has a bigger point diff. Dosent that account for placement if the two teams have the same amount of wins and losses?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: thegoalkeeper12 on April 29, 2017, 10:32:50 pm
Even though they've beat Greenbrier twice Greenbrier still has a bigger point diff. Dosent that account for placement if the two teams have the same amount of wins and losses?

Head-to-head is always the first tiebreaker.

sevenof400

Quote from: thegoalkeeper12 on April 29, 2017, 09:25:56 pm

This is a good question and one I usually try to address as the season is getting underway.  As VHSCoach2 has noted, the change this year to combined classification districts has essentially rendered these standings meaningless EXCEPT for the use of assisting to determining seeding in conference tournaments.  And even at that, only the head to head matches matter.  (As an aside, we had this same issue in basketball this year too..)

The attached photo is how I usually sort the standings once I have all the games posted up to (and including) the most recent play.  However, as this season has played out, some finals are not always known for a few days (weeks sometimes).  At some point, I'll just sort what I have using the sort scheme seen below.

Likely what happened is that I sorted this CCD and a few days later found a missing score.  Upon posting that score, I likely missed the fact the standings changed and needed to be sorted again.  That certainly does happen. 

The larger issue I wanted to address here is this: the sorting does NOT take into account any head to head consideration.  As VHSCoach2 notes, if it was a case where two teams were tied in the standings, and these standings were done the old way (where conference results were used to seed teams into the state playoffs), you would have seen another thread breaking down the current seedings for state. 

I have resorted CCD2 and Greenbrier is indeed in 3rd (in front of Batesville) due to Greenbrier having 16 tiebreaker points to Batesville's 14.
HOWEVER - if this was a conference listing, Batesville's head to head wins would move the Pioneers in front of the Panthers IF we were at the end of conference play and determining seeds for the playoffs.

sevenof400

Thegoalkeeper12,

While you're here, you might want to check this thread out:
http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=135823.0

That thread has the tie breaking procedures listed in it as last revised.  Remember though, those rules were written when conference play was used - not CCD play. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas