• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne HC opening (filled - Van Paschal)

Started by Razorbacks48, January 09, 2017, 11:08:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Okieback on January 21, 2017, 01:57:48 pm
When you don't do what is required or you refuse to, guess what you don't play.

Playing time should not hinge on playing other sports

Razorbacks48

heard they were taking the 240 day contract down to 220

Rick Swines

If that is true that's a big cut on pay for most head coaches around. 

Razorbacks48

Okieback

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on January 23, 2017, 08:52:55 am
Playing time should not hinge on playing other sports

That's not what I said,
there are 1440 minutes in a day 86,400 seconds, plenty of time to hit the weight room, especially if it's 7:30 am or before, and still play other sports.

The amount of time is the same in everyday for every person, some people just choose to use them more wisely than others.

oldjacketman

It is not a 220. It could be 240. Nothing is confirmed.

Razorbacks48

i am 100% it is 220...trust me

Razorbacks48

unless they have changed it since last thursday...but on thursday it was 220

oldjacketman

Maybe for some applicants it is 220. 220-240 was what was advertised.

HowBoutThemJackets

the numbers are down because not every kid in wynne wants to do what it takes to be successful

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: HowBoutThemJackets on January 23, 2017, 02:49:42 pm
the numbers are down because not every kid in wynne wants to do what it takes to be successful

Yeah, Hills approach had a lot of demands on the players, making it difficult for some to play multiple sports. He never would say you cant play the other, it's just that he expected football to come first even in off season. So some players that would have played 2 or 3 sports chose basketball or baseball or both over football. Adding to the comment above, some that were football only chose not to play due to the demands of the program. Which is OK, they made a personal choice for themselves. A lot of kids play football every year but not every kid that plays is a "football player". So, fewer football numbers.

Jckt4years

Quote from: HowBoutThemJackets on January 23, 2017, 02:49:42 pm

Absolutely some truth to that, but that is not all to it by any means. 

nuttinbuthogs

I think its hard to get kids to play multiple sports and put in the kind of time that coaches want to see them commit too.

oldjacketman

If that's not all to it then please enlighten us. What's the problem with a team that's been to 2 out of the last 3 state finals?

Jckt4years

Quote from: oldjacketman on January 24, 2017, 07:13:04 pm
If that's not all to it then please enlighten us. What's the problem with a team that's been to 2 out of the last 3 state finals?
No need to talk about things that are now no longer an issue.   The Jacket community loves their program and absolutely will travel anywhere to cheer them on.  It's a little telling for such a passionate fan base to be so quiet for such a departure.  Something that possibly has been noticed at other departures in AR & LA.   

oldjacketman

And if history repeats itself like the last major coaching change, they'll be re-thinking how they really feel.

Jckt4years

Quote from: oldjacketman on January 25, 2017, 10:15:35 am
And if history repeats itself like the last major coaching change, they'll be re-thinking how they really feel.
. I can almost guarantee you that will not be the case.  There will be some, but not many.  My son played for Coach Campbell.  If his replacement was the history you spoke negatively about then that's not really a good reference.  Coach Shempert would have done just fine had he taken a different direction with his OC choice.  The team would have run through a brick wall for Ray just like had for our previous coaches.  Mute point to even discuss, these things are in the past and looking ahead time is now.   I hope the admin hires the right person and I truly hope they consider one of our current staff.  We have a quality staff.

Chip

Quote from: Jckt4years on January 25, 2017, 11:03:04 am
. I can almost guarantee you that will not be the case.  There will be some, but not many.  My son played for Coach Campbell.  If his replacement was the history you spoke negatively about then that's not really a good reference.  Coach Shempert would have done just fine had he taken a different direction with his OC choice.  The team would have run through a brick wall for Ray just like had for our previous coaches.  Mute point to even discuss, these things are in the past and looking ahead time is now.   I hope the admin hires the right person and I truly hope they consider one of our current staff.  We have a quality staff.
Thanks K Moore!

hogwild_82

January 25, 2017, 02:50:05 pm #68 Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:04:42 pm by hogwild_82

stinger1

well if you know who wasn't choose then who was

hogwild_82

January 25, 2017, 02:56:59 pm #70 Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:04:57 pm by hogwild_82

Jckt4years

January 25, 2017, 06:01:04 pm #71 Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 06:02:41 pm by Jckt4years
Quote from: Chip on January 25, 2017, 11:20:09 am
Thanks K Moore!

Nope, I'm nowhere near that age anymore and he wouldn't post things on here anyways in regards to a coach.  However, I know why you would say such considering your attachment and connection.  I think it's best to let the conversation just die and not worry about who this is.   Haven't said anything yet, not sure what the character count would be, I'm sure there is a limit.   

olemissjacket99

Quote from: Chip on January 25, 2017, 11:20:09 am
Thanks K Moore!
Ol CHiP!   Shouldn't you be out recruiting? lol  Not trolling on the hs boards.  Doesnt Harding U have message boards you  can go to??

morriltondevildog

Quote from: Jckt4years on January 25, 2017, 06:01:04 pm
Nope, I'm nowhere near that age anymore and he wouldn't post things on here anyways in regards to a coach.  However, I know why you would say such considering your attachment and connection.  I think it's best to let the conversation just die and not worry about who this is.   Haven't said anything yet, not sure what the character count would be, I'm sure there is a limit.

If I remember right ol Chip likes to air out laundry and toot his own horn on these boards.

stinger1

chris done a lot of good things for the wynne program. like starting a jr. high off season a nd weight program plus updating high school weight program and starting 7 on 7 and and getting wynne into a lot more team camps also helping push thru a drug testing program for all extra curricular programs so give him some credit and lets move forward. besides the thread says wynne hc opening not wynne hc leaving.

Rick Swines

Chris Hill is a great coach that will be missed.  I'm sure he was hard to work for and hard on the kids but he demanded hard work and perfection.  Something today's society could use more of. 

coachsearch

HowBoutThemJackets

They have not hired yet but the coach they do hire will have to wynne and wynne NOW

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: HowBoutThemJackets on January 26, 2017, 11:21:47 am
They have not hired yet but the coach they do hire will have to wynne and wynne NOW

Jckt4years

way2go

Since Hill's resignation isn't effective until April 28, how will this affect the hiring of a new coach?

GotInfo?

I have heard they are bring back 2 next week and then hiring shortly after.

Iknewthemwhen

Jckt4years

From the names I have heard, I truly hope they invest in Mcbride.  He know the team and had the respect of the players. He is also well thought of by the teachers he works with and has always been supportive of the school and other sports.  However, I am really worried about the relationship between the AD and one of the other applicants.   I really hope a friendship doesn't influence this hire as we have seen how something like that can go bad before.   Will be hard to sell the hire of someone that hasn't been able to compete with Wynne in his tenure and has had the athletes to do so.  I do trust the right choice will be made, but a few things already has me scratching what little bit of hair I have left on my head. 

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Jckt4years on January 28, 2017, 05:44:15 pm
From the names I have heard, I truly hope they invest in Mcbride.  He know the team and had the respect of the players. He is also well thought of by the teachers he works with and has always been supportive of the school and other sports.  However, I am really worried about the relationship between the AD and one of the other applicants.   I really hope a friendship doesn't influence this hire as we have seen how something like that can go bad before.   Will be hard to sell the hire of someone that hasn't been able to compete with Wynne in his tenure and has had the athletes to do so.  I do trust the right choice will be made, but a few things already has me scratching what little bit of hair I have left on my head. 

Interesting story, but who are you talking about?  You clearly favor some candidate over others and seem to be worried that a particular applicant will get the job when they are not deserving in your opinion.  I'd love to hear more.

mohawk

Any news on this hire? It seems to be dragging along like several others around the state.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: mohawk on January 30, 2017, 09:16:38 am
Any news on this hire? It seems to be dragging along like several others around the state.

Calling two back for second this week, dont know who. There has been some talk that they are still accepting any apps if someone were to decide to apply late. A friend with access is checking on that.

Iknewthemwhen

Seems this job, Sheridan, Lake Hamilton and possibly Fayetteville are all waiting on the darn to break.

Chief_Osceola™

I thought Dawson was headed to Fayetteville. Did something change?

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 30, 2017, 06:10:28 pm
Seems this job, Sheridan, Lake Hamilton and possibly Fayetteville are all waiting on the darn to break.

Are you saying schools are waiting on the first job to fill and then the rest will follow? 

GotInfo?

2 will be brought back at the end of this week for 2nd interviews.  Suppose to let them know today who they are.
My guess is hire will happen as early as next week.

Chip

heard it was between Paschal and the nettleton guy

Jckt4years

Quote from: Chip on January 31, 2017, 09:59:25 am
heard it was between Paschal and the nettleton guy

Absolutely no reason the Nettleton coach should be in this final two.  Mcbride has as much merit as he and he is only included due to a friendship.  Really hate to hear that if it is true.  If it ends up being the Nettleton coach, I sure hope he has success because if not then it will not be just him taking heat. 

HowBoutThemJackets

the nettleton guy is a loser he shouldn't even be considered for this job there is a nigh and day difference between nettleton and wynne football we beat the dog out of them very year and thats because of coaching not because of lack of talent if he gets the job its not going to be a happy day in the city with a smile   

MDXPHD

Quote from: HowBoutThemJackets on January 31, 2017, 11:20:12 am
the nettleton guy is a loser he shouldn't even be considered for this job there is a nigh and day difference between nettleton and wynne football we beat the dog out of them very year and thats because of coaching not because of lack of talent if he gets the job its not going to be a happy day in the city with a smile

Yeah...because Wynne doesn't have more talent than Nettleton year after year. Good call.

purpleswag

Quote from: HowBoutThemJackets on January 31, 2017, 11:20:12 am

Calling someone a loser seems a bit harsh

wynnefootballfan

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 31, 2017, 11:23:58 am
Yeah...because Wynne doesn't have more talent than Nettleton year after year. Good call.

Yeah, 1 to 4 or so players a year getting football scholarships each year the past 4 or 5 years in a row. We've had great coaching and great support but we have also been a bit blessed with above average talent.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas